Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:43 AM

Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men (78292 Views)

SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / RE: 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Rich Island Guys (ajebutters) / Why The Growing Number Of Bachelors(single Men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by K9blunt(f): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
parrygee:
*Yawns*

I'm in same league but not exactly rich *winks*.

Time to move on.

Single ladies add me up 266C8991
you go ancient.lol add ko add ni.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:12pm On Jun 17, 2015
mmsen:

Praying has never resolved any issue or questions - besides, perhaps, how to waste time in the worst possible way.

Choosing a life partner is difficult because women are well versed in the art of deception.

STANDING OVATION!!!

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sweetlemon:
From my experience, most of them have issues.
1) The ones still hurting from a past relationship
2) The ones who didn't have babes around them when they had nothing but suddenly finds many babes dying for their attention. They now don't trust women.

But hey, there ain't no specific age for marriage. Some people are very particular about what they want and what they want is what they are getting no matter how long it takes and guys with money have high taste in women,. Not just anything goes it's not like the broke/regular ones who are just looking for any woman that can love them the way they are.

You missed out (3).

3) The ones that don't see the importance of any woman in their lives (in the form of marriage) as the net benefit is negative and inferior to being single.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by bonechamberlain(m): 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.
ur first paragraph is 100% fact.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 3:19pm On Jun 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right even as we continuously live in self denial .

I think the phase of living in denial by the individual/society is when the new 'right' is yet to have a critical mass of 'converts'.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
Dyt:
I also have a friend who cries on me daily she needs a serious man

The men hmmmmmm

Send me her contacts for proper review.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
MSItachi:
When you marry and you are so conscious that you are married... You are married .. To the wrong person.

If you constantly feel your shoe it's either it's big or too tight.

Marriage is an awesome union but most marry the wrong persons for the wrong reasons.

Nonsense!

Freedom is an awesome status.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
lilmax:
why are you angry? grin why are you affected by my post? cheesy
i am seriously affected because i am woman, that was harsh dearie.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nnemuka(f): 3:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
cheesy
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:27pm On Jun 17, 2015
carboblanko:
You are on point here. Our society puts to much pressure on unmarried people and cauese a lot of them to make mistakes. This is why we have a lot unhappy and broken marriges today.Singles really need to be prayerful and trust in God to lead them to their life partners.

Even in societies where not much pressure is put on unmarried people there is still a lot unhappy and broken marriges today.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
LAX89:

Marriage is an OVERRATED dogma and expectation of society. You should also look at the world-wide odds of divorce. Individuals now have the courage and self conviction to decide if they actually need, want and desire to get married, rather than just following societal dogma and expectations, devoid of any independent, individual analysis and thought process. Put simply, marriage should be an individual choice, and not a rule of society.

Fcking brilliantly well said.

I have always said, at the end of the day, it is women that would keep fighting for marriage as they are the ones that benefit from it most.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Truckpusher(m): 3:32pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

I think the phase of living in denial by the individual/society is when the new 'right'is yet to have a critical mass of 'converts'.
Exactly .
But I personally think that any form of changes shouldn't be uprooted in human social life as that might just be redefining what a society wants and may likely attain in the near future.

It is an unconscious movement of ideology and no one can fight it because their army aren't always seen.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Truckpusher(m): 3:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sagamite:

Nonsense!

It's an awesome status but you can't still take it away that societies determine what you call freedom by virtue of their culture ,way of life and civilization.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by themodernman: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sagamite:

Fcking well said, especially the highlighted.

That is one of the huge issues I have with most Nigerian girls and their mentality.

Right from the minute you meet these fooools they think they can control you with the carrot of possibility of them giving it up one day and you are suppose to do their bidding to get this "reward".

And after they are giving it, they think they are doing you a favour you need to be grateful for.

And it is not like if they are any good in bed.

The ones wey sabi no dey give person trouble.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
Study the age people! stop adhering blindly to cultural practices that have long outlived their usefulness; there's nothing a man is looking for in marriage nowadays that he won't get in better quantity and quality outside marriage. there's a reason why men in marriage die earlier and it's because they deny their own nature...marriage is for women and poor men...

6 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by ceecee0703(m): 3:38pm On Jun 17, 2015
Florblu:
Most guys/men don't know exactly what they want,so they end up choosing d wrong lady and later drop them.
Your outlook, money or position doesn't guarantee u a good wife,PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.

my sister even God say he that FINDETH a wife ....meaning its d duty of d guy to find if he cant find then....it means that we have more broke materiListic ladies than real ones

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by themodernman: 3:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nnemuka:
my elder bro is 29 stinkingly rich, handsome and highly intelligent. hopefully he would settle down before he becomes depressed and sad like majority single nigerian men. God help the single guys above 30 still single and broke.

If he's stinkingly rich, handsome and highly intelligent and still ends up depressed and sad then he's prolly a Loser in Women matters...even broke guys dey play girls dey catch dr fun...

You ladies had better stop deceiving yourselves like you're the source of a man's happiness...in most cases d man actually is...we just dey make una head swell ni...women will run crazy if there were actually no men but men go still dey if woman no dey.

No dey deceive unasef....if your bro got game I can assure you una go beg am to marry cos d jolly go just too much to think of settling down. A man with game gives no hoot about settling down. He's got no game dats why.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by dokunbam(m): 3:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
cowgirl9090:
from what you have stated it shows that all these en are rich and work in a reputable company. causes of their predicament (late marriage) :p

1. they are afraid of commitment: most rich single men are afraid of commitment because ladies are at their beck and call. why settle for one while their are many ladies highly responsive to their slightest request.
unfortunately it happens that all those ladies turns out to be runs girls.

2. their is this common belief that as a man even when you grow old you can still marry gorgeous ladies as long as you are rich 'cause practically to them all girls can do anything for money reading to their lackadaisical altitude towards geting married on time ,thus they refuse to realise that modest ladies run from them.

3.they see women as sex tools and unfortunately they end up single having baby mamas and not wife.

though my reasons above doesn't apply to all rich single men but a higher percentage of them.

That's just it, just have to be determined, choose and try to narrow your search and u will get what u want. That person is out there
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Makapounse(m): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

ANTI-SOCIAL

who wan marry dat kind babe ?
such is my choice. Serious ooo
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by ceecee0703(m): 3:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sparkles003:
op.forget the others.
please can you introduce me to that your 33years old oil block pal. winkI pledge to be faithful,loyal and honest grin

one chance...

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Uteghe(m): 3:47pm On Jun 17, 2015
Fallout of rampant gayism.

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Optional2(f): 3:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

abeg connect me wit one of them
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
themodernman:

You were making sense but rounded up speaking Nonsense. Prayer ko Prayer ni.

Fact is most Rich, Comfortable & Single men are not giving women what they REALLY want.. Men are so quick to think Women are all about money...

The women themselves fighting for empowerment but refuse to make themselves responsible with their attitude. By attitude I don't mean sleeping around but I mean being mature in dr attitude. Them just think sey once dem don fine...shikena.

A man will only respect a woman that respects him first not the other way round....that's why your man will cheat on you with a woman lesser in status dan you. It's in d genetic makeup of men to want to be respected. These single men haven't seen such so most of them settle for babymommas..

Life is getting harder...no man wants a woman that will add to it so we go just dey SOLO. If women know d way men of nowadays are thinking they'll either quickly change their behaviour or remain adamant and actually don't give a fuuuccck as they're doing now.

Fcking well said.

I can NEVER date a woman who does not respect me. Any woman thinking she has a chance while being disrespectful is only fooling her life.

I have always told guys on NL: The minute a woman becomes disrespectful, move on.

A woman can't love a man she does not respect.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Aitee1: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.

Wow, that's my koko talking, you ain't far from the truth!

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by OCHOdee(f): 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
I just thought I should share this

PASTOR CHRIS ANSWER ABOUT THE RIGHT TIME TO DATE

Question 6 – William (South Africa): Dear Pastor, thank you for answering our questions online. I’m a first year student, I’d like you to share your views and thoughts on dating. When is it the right time?

Answer 6: The right time is when you become responsible. Now, when your parents are responsible for your education and responsible for everything you do, you are not responsible, so why go dating? Dating is really the idea that you are fixing certain times to get to meet someone and know that person, get to learn about that individual, and so that’s what it is. So, if you are deciding that “okay, I want to do this,” because you don’t just date, you date for a purpose, you are hoping to get married to that person if everything is right and during that dating period you are wanting to find out whether she is alright [or] is he alright? So, you would only begin dating when you are responsible, but there is more.

Now, usually dating is something that should be done when you know the right direction to go. But, in the world, it is done as “I am trying to find out, I am trying to know if this is the right person for me;” that’s what it is generally in the world: “I am trying to find out whether she is nice, whether she is good, whether she is okay for me, and if I think so then I go ahead and say well this might be the person I want to marry.” But, in Christ, things are the other way; we don’t try to find out by dating first. We know first and date after, [see?] We don’t date to try and find out if you are right after; we know first that you are right and then we date. That’s the difference. So, it means you have to have the kind of understanding, spiritual understanding and maturity to make the right decision, or even better, decisions are made for you...
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by MSItachi: 3:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sagamite:

Nonsense!

Your Opinion.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nnemuka(f): 3:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
cool

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by omoharry(f): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
ireneony:
why are u so pained undecided
I AM SURE HE IS RECOVERING FROM A TERRIBLE HEART BREAK I THINK.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 3:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
themodernman:

If he's stinkingly rich, handsome and highly intelligent and still ends up depressed and sad then he's prolly a Loser in Women matters...even broke guys dey play girls dey catch dr fun...

You ladies had better stop deceiving yourselves like you're the source of a man's happiness...in most cases d man actually is...we just dey make una head swell ni...

Fcking brilliantly said again!

Many women just love to, and are professionals in, self-deceit.

They will make an argument that you have a problem when the want you to solve their problem/insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by zendy: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

I fall into that category. I won't say I'm rich but I'm comfortable and I own the house I live in and I'm 30+. When you get to that stage in life, you will think seriously about settling down but unfortunately, wife material is hard to come by. I don't want to get married just for the sake of getting married because marriage can be a curse. I know many guys my age who are married but feel like they are in a nightmare which they don't know when they will wake up from. Women can be strange creatures. Some of them are good at hiding their true nature until they are married. By then, it's too late for the man. Many Nigerian women treat marriage like winning a jackpot. After saying 'I do', they regard the mans role as being their own personal "genie" who is there to grant their wishes while all they have to do is pop out kids. There are actually very few women who realise that marriage is joint effort and any problem that comes along, they just blame it on the man. All I can say is that while they say that "Husband is scarce", I say that "Wife material" is even more scarce. Rather than being with a "Dragon tailed Witch" , I would rather stay stay single or just get myself a Baby mama.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by themodernman: 4:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
Nnemuka:

are u above 30 and broke? God help u

Unintelligent response. Try not to tell your bro to up his game so you can see him end up depressed and den make him desperate for a woman who will sense this and see herself as a jewel and him as d lucky guy.

A guy with game has ladies at his beck and call...d ladies see him as d jewel and themselves as d lucky girl. With a Sis like you God help your bro....

Women benefit more from Marriage dan Men. Na wayo una just dey use for us with reverse Psychology making it look d other way round.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 4:06pm On Jun 17, 2015
omoharry:
I AM SURE HE IS RECOVERING FROM A TERRIBLE HEART BREAK I THINK.

Is that one of those lame attempts to attack his masculinity?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Making Guys Go Gaga On Instagram (pics) / Car Wash Where Ladies In Bikinis Wash Cars Opens In Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.