Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men (78287 Views)

SINGLE MEN: Don't Take Your Woman For Granted - Bamisepeters' Blog / RE: 8 Ways To Win The Heart Of Rich Island Guys (ajebutters) / Why The Growing Number Of Bachelors(single Men) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Truckpusher(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Re-populating the world with children brought up by both parents.
You're right but people shouldn't be scrutinized for making a choice after all it's all about personal commitment and not always what the society wants.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by mactoni91(m): 2:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
only if our ladies can be like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by idris4eva(m): 2:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

you ve said it all their are few "wife material" left
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Emeskhalifa(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.
absolutely correct Sir

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Acidosis(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
@OP, I don't think the issue has to do with money. You can be rich and lonely/without real friends. Have you ever wondered why the low-class wedding attract bigger crowds? Its simple, money can't buy friends and happy relatives. The fact that an introvert, antisocial oil worker has millions in his account will not AUTOMATICALLY make him an extroverted love-vendor. You can be rich and shy; extremely rich and reserved.

Your friends will get married when they're ready. Earning salary/money changes nothing. Money is meant for spending; marriage is meant for companionship & reproduction.

10 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
dlux:
Who wants to commit to the kind of ladies we have in the society today? 90 percent of them won't add value to your life. Deduct from your account & think fucking u is a huge favor when they give it to a higher bidder anyway. How many babes will visit their bf house & cook with their money, do his laundry or fall in love with a broke guy with prospects? Shey after we hammer them think say we go easily forget? Many are called but few are chosen. Most of these ladies have slept with married men, random dating & seek refuge where they did not invest. Yes men disappoint but your best bet on getting a husband is building a relationship & being submissive. Invest your time & make a few sacrifice if the guy is nice. I no say make u sponsor am ooo.

Fcking well said, especially the highlighted.

That is one of the huge issues I have with most Nigerian girls and their mentality.

Right from the minute you meet these fooools they think they can control you with the carrot of possibility of them giving it up one day and you are suppose to do their bidding to get this "reward".

And after they are giving it, they think they are doing you a favour you need to be grateful for.

And it is not like if they are any good in bed.

5 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

Re-populating the world with children brought up by both parents.

What is your point?

They have a responsibility to repopulate the world and they are not?

Or

They have a responsibility to bring up children with a partner and they are not?

Which irresponsibility are they guilty of?

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 2:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
ITbomb:
The more girls you Bleep, the more you think girls are whoress and the more difficult you can trust a girl to be decent.

Other times the ones that are passing in our faces are the confident runs girls, the decent ones are locked up in a room somewhere and very anti social. Such ones are only gotten through recommendation by someone you never thought was noticing her.

Part of the problem is that most of us Africans remain primitive seeing sexx as our main recreational leisure activity instead of more noble endeavours that enhance us as individuals and as a society.

Activities like charitable works, local historical excursions, museum/library volunteer work, public space/garden beautification & maintenance etc that are likely to bring out the type of serious guys/babes that are not solely focused on sexx.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Ikengawo: 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:
This is a source of concern. I write for a few friends of mine - hardworking and nice guys (30+ years) working in various reputable firms in Nigeria. But 3, 4, 5 years after, they are still searching for the lady of their heart desires. I also notice the trend everywhere I go.

Just as we complain about the growing number of unmarried ladies, I'm also worried abt the growing number of unmarried, comfortable men who are over 30 years.

A case in study is a popular friend of mine who has been working in the oil sector for more than 5 years. He clocks 33 this year. He still remains unmarried. He says he is still searching. I can count more than 10 of my friends - comfortable, hale and healthy, gainfully employed but single after working for more than 5 years..What can be the cause?
Are ladies getting scarce, or is it that there are few "wife materials" in town now? or are they simply afraid of making commitment?

First of all the term is 'wife material' not 'wife materials' lol. The idea of ladies being scarce is foolish. A lot of my fellow Nigerian men are undateable and unmarriable because of crudeness. One guy I know makes girls mop his floor when he meets them. He's extremely rich but even that wealth isn't enough to make a woman tolerate him.

7 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Cutehector(m): 2:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
u see, when we were broke, we were chasing the ladies and they were forming shakara for us. now we are havn enough money, we dont even have their time again due to the complexity of our work and the incessant travels. Am sure dbanj must hav chyked a gurl wen he was still young and broke, and she may hav dumped him for some reason.. buh she definitely would be regretting that now... since he is the koko master! grin

6 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by sucess001(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sadly...

i fall into this category....

not because i dont knw what i want but because most of the girls have been polluted with western mindsets and wild feminist ideas...

the few wife materials have been tied up before i met them...

still the search continues...doesnt mean we are wierd....but choosey...

5 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Orikinla(m): 2:50pm On Jun 17, 2015
I feel for the majority of younger men in Nigeria today who cannot afford a decent accommodation even though they are working and well paid by local standards.
In the early 1980s, at 18, I was already earning N400 monthly and that was a big income then, because return ticket to UK was only N300.
I could afford a two bedroom flat, a small car and even take care of a wife and two children. Nigeria was a better and safer country then for young men and women. Young graduates in the 1980s did not suffer what the present graduates are suffering now in poverty.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by CSTR2: 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
This guy is a learner.
OIl workers enjoy more from women than most husbands.
Many of them have different classy women recommended by friends and families giving them regular sex in the hope that they get tied down with pregnancy.
Speaking from experience, there is really no motivation for single oil workers and other well-doing single men to settle down.

4 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:53pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jollyjoy:
Why will responsible and mature guys want to marry when ladies has lost their value by giving their assesst to the highest bidder..
Beside who want to purchase wat he can easily borrow,

the fact is that majority of those decent girls are anti social now tell me who want to marry such a lady?

With rampant cases of divorce here and there no body want to settle than because marriage is now endured instead of enjoyed,,, before those ladies finally want to settle down, they might have been in their late 20 or early 30. And maybe those responsible men would want to marry early 20s.

Now tell me why a wife material would nt be difficlt to find..

You said a lot of sensible things but I need to correct you on the highlighted.

Marriage, by and large, has mostly been something endured throughout history, not just now.

Most of the people that say they are enjoying marriage are either those in the early phases or just pure liars.

Very, very few people enjoy marriage. They just want the societal benefits and security that come with it.

5 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Sagamite(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Orikinla:
I feel for the majority of younger men in Nigeria today who cannot afford a decent accommodation even though they are working and well paid by local standards.
In the early 1980s, at 18, I was already earning N400 monthly and that was a big income then, because return ticket to UK was only N300.
I could afford a two bedroom flat, a small car and even take care of a wife and two children. Nigeria was a better and safer country then for young men and women. Young graduates in the 1980s did not suffer what the present graduates are suffering now in poverty.

Then IBB and Abacha came to destroy it all.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by carboblanko(m): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
Orikinla:
[size=18pt]The best a salary earner can be in Nigeria is comfortable.
No salary earner can be rich in Nigeria, except he or she is doing sharp practices or moonlighting.

When the annual school fees of a child in a very good private school in Nigeria is almost N1 million.
House rent in a decent and safe location is from N1.2 million a year.
So, before a young man earning more than N500, 000 monthly salary can marry, he must consider how to secure the future of his family.[/size]
On point bro. That is the reality most single men face in Naija and scares the hell out of some of them.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by maryhaam(f): 2:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
IamLEGEND1:

ANTI-SOCIAL

who wan marry dat kind babe ?
some people like them,not xtreme antisocial,they just love keeping to themself,n love been online.u dig
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 2:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
You're right but people shouldn't be scrutinized for making a choice after all it's all about personal commitment and not always what the society wants.

I am not really scrutinising individual choice per se but simply placing the individual within the context of his immediate society, which defines him in his relation with individuals from other societies.

If a well dressed guy shows up at your villa gate on aSunday afternoon and informs your gateman tbat he is from Ajegunle/Ijora Badia or some other ghetto in your city, the meiguard would most probably tell him you are not at home or you are resting and instructed that you not be disturbed.

If a simply dressed person shows up and says he is from a posh neighbourhood like Banana Island/ VI/Ikoyi, will the meiguard give the same response

We are constantly profiled against our background hence we as individuals should ensure our background/society is better and compares favourably with others.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by BornnAgainChild(f): 2:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
masterchi:
problem is the girls dont want to work and the guyz dont want them to reap where they did not sow.

Exactly
Forgetting the reason why they work and earn much is all for a woman

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
ivyT:

guy i wonder sef o

dats how d broke ones talk cos them never c fine babe for their life
Go find work do.Na him you love or his money?

2 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Acidosis(m): 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
btw, if you ask some of these guys, they spend more money on their girlfriends than most married men spend on their wives.

Its not about money.

Ask married men and they'll tell you they spend less on their wives since they got married. You both live in the same house (same rent), share things in common (possibly 2 salaries/earnings). So what's the issue?

In fact, some married women give their husbands access to their earnings (and vice-versa).

This is the truth: most single men are weaklings, their problem is not money, but irresponsibility (they want to f c k without paying a legal price)! Men should stop hiding under the auspices of "fund, money, finance money and money."

In so far as you've reached a maturity stage and can comfortably cater for yourself and two persons, go and get married.

All the rich men in the world got married when few people knew them. Marriage will not stop you from achieving your goals.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Nobody: 2:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
@OP you are right.. there are some lessons to be learned here

I believe when we sit back and let our leaders ruin our economy, the immediate negative impact is felt first on a social level. in this job jungle.. guys make it far better than girls. The pressure is now on girls to make ends meet which way they can. This they do by either being aggressive (overly ambitious about career and caring less about social) or lazy (in a slutty way). This informs the mind of a man willing to settle down that the fishes in the sea might all be piranhas.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by uzolexis(f): 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2015
Alikote:
The rate single girls bleep this days is alarming I cant even differentiate them from whores.my married oil and gas worker friend was,permantly bleeping on law,student from owerri depsite her knowing he will not marry her he is hausa she is igbo and look decent I keep wondering one unlucky guy will end up marrying her .women are weird

Men r wierd too. So the fault is all hers right? The guy bleeping her is blameless Don't know why African men think they r mini gods that can do anything n get away with it but women can't.
Women have sexual urges just like Men and they have 2 satisfy it, like Men need to satisfy theirs too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by themodernman: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Florblu:
Most guys/men don't know exactly what they want,so they end up choosing d wrong lady and later drop them.
Your outlook, money or position doesn't guarantee u a good wife,PRAY WITHOUT CEASING.

You were making sense but rounded up speaking Nonsense. Prayer ko Prayer ni.

Fact is most Rich, Comfortable & Single men are not giving women what they REALLY want.. Men are so quick to think Women are all about money...

The women themselves fighting for empowerment but refuse to make themselves responsible with their attitude. By attitude I don't mean sleeping around but I mean being mature in dr attitude. Them just think sey once dem don fine...shikena.

A man will only respect a woman that respects him first not the other way round....that's why your man will cheat on you with a woman lesser in status dan you. It's in d genetic makeup of men to want to be respected. These single men haven't seen such so most of them settle for babymommas..

Life is getting harder...no man wants a woman that will add to it so we go just dey SOLO. If women know d way men of nowadays are thinking they'll either quickly change their behaviour or remain adamant and actually don't give a fuuuccck as they're doing now.

3 Likes

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Truckpusher(m): 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

I am not really scrutinising individual choice per se but simply placing the individual within the context of his immediate society, which defines him in his relation with individuals from other societies.

If a well dressed guy shows up at your villa gate on aSunday afternoon and informs your gateman tbat he is from Ajegunle/Ijora Badia or some other ghetto in your city, the meiguard would most probably tell him you are not at home or you are resting and instructed that you not be disturbed.

If a simply dressed person shows up and says he is from a posh neighbourhood like Banana Island/ VI/Ikoyi, will the meiguard give the same response

We are constantly profiled against our background hence we as individuals should ensure our background/society is better and compares favourably with others.
By doing that you unconsciously allow the society to decide for you on what is morally right and what's morally wrong.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Dyt(f): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
I also have a friend who cries on me daily she needs a serious man

The men hmmmmmm
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by NovusHomo(m): 3:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
lilmax:
Worthless women undecided

Worse than worthless men. grin
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by basille(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
dlux:
Who wants to commit to the kind of ladies we have in the society today? 90 percent of them won't add value to your life. Deduct from your account & think fucking u is a huge favor when they give it to a higher bidder anyway. How many babes will visit their bf house & cook with their money, do his laundry or fall in love with a broke guy with prospects? Shey after we hammer them think say we go easily forget? Many are called but few are chosen. Most of these ladies have slept with married men, random dating & seek refuge where they did not invest. Yes men disappoint but your best bet on getting a husband is building a relationship & being submissive. Invest your time & make a few sacrifice if the guy is nice. I no say make u sponsor am ooo.
1 billion likes please.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Rexnegro(m): 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
olowoba:

No offense bro...I tink most guys are wiser now knowing fully well that most ladies nowadays are liabilities, daft , pretenders, annoying and only interested in what they will eat now now....only some God sent girls with good characters will want to build d future with u, show concerns from the heart. I wish ur friends all the best sha in their search.

1 Like

Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by anonimi: 3:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
Truckpusher:
By doing that you unconsciously allow the society to decide for you on what is morally right and what's morally wrong.

The society has always done that albeit in a dynamic, constantly evolving way.

Just as an example, gays are gradually accepted as right in the Western world unlike some 40 years ago.
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by nikiniki: 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
ok na
Re: Growing Number Of Rich, Comfortable But Single Men by Truckpusher(m): 3:11pm On Jun 17, 2015
anonimi:

The society has always done that albeit in a dynamic, constantly evolving way.

Just as an example, gays are gradually accepted as right in the Western world unlike some 40 years ago.
You're right even as we continuously live in self denial .

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

The Kind Of Men Ladies Long For (photos Included) / Nigerian Lady Making Guys Go Gaga On Instagram (pics) / Car Wash Where Ladies In Bikinis Wash Cars Opens In Kenya (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.