Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,424 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post (77889 Views)

Why Osinbajo Is Performing Well – Buhari / Why Osinbajo Refused To Sign 4 Bills From National Assembly / List Of Things Osinbajo Has Done In One Month Of Buhari's Absence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by millhouse: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
Terrible
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by zik4ever: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
I can neither confirm nor refute this report and wont jump to conclusions but the reasons proferred for the VP’s absence from these meetings are not simply not tenable. And to the guy who asked if Sambo attended security meetings under Jonathan, yes he did attend several and chaired once or twice when Jonathan was away. This has nothing to do with political party. I wish the new government well and please don’t insult them or wish them bad because it is in our interest that they succeed. Also let’s not insult each other. We don’t have all the information on this Boko Haram thing. I suspect there is something really amiss about this whole matter.

5 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
pembisco:
serves the yorubas right. They ganged up with North to remove GEJ, Now they are being sidelined, they'll soon regret collaborating with the North. This is just the beginning
They said GEJ sidlined them now they are been sophiscatedly thrown to the kitchen

12 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by DropShot: 1:14pm On Jun 11, 2015
VickyRotex:

Jeeezzz!!! This stung me like a bee.

Baba, I dont wanna believe those are your reasons for sidelining "Your" VP from such crucial meetings.

I think whoever gave those reasons is just blabbing.

Why allow him run with you when you haven't earned his complete trust? Once again, PMB, I know this aint the reason, there has to be an important reason.

@bolded, that looks more like the reason.
Not yet trusting him with classified security information is not same as not trusting him in other areas.

Can we really rule out the possibility of Tinubu retrieving vital info from the VP especially these early days?

Let PMB do his things.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Nonsense altogether.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by scachy(m): 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
Algebra12:
These are really irrelevant excuses.
So if the President were a complete civilian, he wouldn't have been allowed to such meetings?

I believe the reason for his exclusion is not contained in this silly excuse.
But whatever that is, it had better be for the good of the nation.
Don't be deceived, it's never for d good of our Nation, it's to give them (Buhari n Co.) ample time to hide some vital classified information from us. Our leaders are bunch of mischiefs.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by slap1(m): 1:16pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

Ways on how to strengthen our legal system maybe so that corrupt people do not use the law to break the law. Maybe unemployment issues, maybe hosting and meeting with think tanks, the problems in this country are too enormous for everyone to be doing follow follow.

Maybe this, maybe that...abegi!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by AreaFada2: 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
chukwudi44:
Everyone knows the VP has been loyal to Tinubu for decades and he cannot swear that he would not divulge details of these security meetings to his political godfather.
chai chai chai this commissioner don suffer nobi small grin grin grin grin grin

LOLZZZZZ. grin

My question is what of Obama who was a law professor too. He doesn't see such info from Pentagon?

Suppose OSIBANDE was president, they won't brief him?

Does it mean they never properly briefed GEJ because he's a civilian?

Chai, these military people are not ready to cede power at all. The Military used Tinubu's propaganda machine to get back to power. grin cheesy
This change is making sense die, I dey laugh o. cheesy grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by jeffizy(m): 1:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
The supposed "unnamed source" in this report is a highly crass and myopic person.
Do u need clearance before osinbajo can get into aso rock also? Since he can't be trusted yet.

Very irritating explanation.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Forwetinnah: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
pembisco:
serves the yorubas right. They ganged up with North to remove GEJ, Now they are being sidelined, they'll soon regret collaborating with the North. This is just the beginning

The people NEVER LEARN, it keeps happening to them time after time. The Northerners are sly, they'll align with just anyone to get what they want and the West to them is the easiest prey

7 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Ohammadike: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
9jatriot:

The first line of that statements says I don't know his itinerary. Using your analogy, we can safely say that Osinbanjo prevented Buhari from visiting Anambra.

The man has to be busy with other issues, he can't just be reading newspapers, he should/may be reading various reports handed over from the previous government, I mean there are a thousand and one things to keep him busy not these fake newspaper publications engineered by Tanoids with sole aim of discrediting the government.
Mr man the commissioner is nothing but a spare tyre.Your entire agument is based on MAY and visting Anambra was useless.He did not bring back the dead nor help the wounded

7 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by obailala(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
But what is all these noise about Osinbajo attending security meetings?... The last time i checked, Buhari was the Commander in Chief and not Osinbajo.

Was Namadi Sambo allowed into security meetings?
Was Atiku Abubakar involved in the security meetings organised by OBJ?

Why is this trend suddendly becoming news under this dispensation?
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by stevecantrell: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
jeffizy:
The supposed "unnamed source" in this report is a highly crass and myopic person.
Do u need clearance before osinbajo can get into aso rock also? Since he can't be trusted yet.

Very irritating explanation.

Fake story !
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Lionsclaw: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
vislabraye:
See excuse. It just doesn't add up. If the VP can't be present in such sensitive meetings cos he has no military background, why is he a VP in the first place ?
If something happens to Buhari tomorrow, are they going to give us this excuse ?
grin grin grin I dont know how to explain this to you but maybe I should recommend hollywood movie 24 to you at least that should give you ABC explanation. There can be only one C in C at a time and VP only operates as delegated. If for any reason the president is out of the scene then service chiefs will debrief d VP asap. The constitution dose not say VP must enter every meeting with the president. ACN supporters are too emotional.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
The commisioner is a technocrat in govt with no strong political parking.He can be relegated to kitchen duty

Easy now, he's an elected VP who won the mandate of d people and not a commissioner like u keep calling him, every strong politician starting frm d bottom same as Buhari, he has paid his dues, so let leave d commissioner status behind and address him as d VP which he's truly his.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by nefertitiram: 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
sunnydayasaba:
Ok oh...Prof of Law my foot, if Architect Sambo can be in security meeting presided by GEJ, i wonder why Prof shouldn't be allowed irrespective of who brought him in as VP.

Maybe sambo was even leaking the info to BH, I won't be surprised.
Reading from the article, I'm seeing Osinbajo as a pastor, teacher, Lawyer, not a soldier. Would he have the belly for such military warfare? Bombing, slaughtering, beheading, digging mass graves, those terrible things soldiers have to get involved in to win a war?

Osinbajo needs STIMULATION! Meaning, watch some William Wallace, Tour of Duty, Idi Amin and Jerry Rawlings documentary to understand the need for some decisions taken without being emotional about it.
You think Osinbajo will not break down in tears if Sambisa forest is blown up with 500 people inside? After all, he is only human!

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by VickyRotex(f): 1:19pm On Jun 11, 2015
DropShot:

Not yet trusting him with classified security information is not same as not trusting him in other areas.

Can we really rule out the possibility of Tinubu retrieving vital info from the VP especially these early days?

Let PMB do his things.

Yea I know so.

Of course it can't be ruled out, but my question still stands, why did he allow someone he cant trust, pick a VP to run with him?

It's all good, this doesn't mean I dont trust PMB to fulfil his promises. I trust him!
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ohammadike:
Mr man the commissioner is nothing but a spare tyre.Your entire agument is based on MAY and visting Anambra was useless.He did not bring back the dead nor help the wounded

Maybe he is, but this article does not prove anything. It simply wants to create rancor.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatatafo(m): 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
This is just the beginning. Tinubu and his hand picked officers will be kept in the dark in most dealings. Buhari is a military man and he will never trust Tinubu. In few days just see what has happened to the Jagaban from Dr Bukola Saraki being Senate president to the VP being fenced out of security meetings with the fear that he doesn't have deep stomach to be secretive as the Prof will reveal all to the Jagaban. Tinubu please open your eyes and see the hand writing on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
You cannot compare him to Buhari who served in many military roles, chased away a militia that was threatening Nigeria security, overthrew a military government, became Head of State, fought corruption and went ahead to instill discipline among a stubborn citizenry.

Oh men, Buhari did all these and this country remains a shithole

3 Likes

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 11, 2015
Ayietim:
The fear of rejection keeps us indoors and out of sight,
and we are denied recogntition, respect and lose the sense of pride that might have come if we had come out to give it a try.
Sometimes, we watch in unbelief and self indignation,
as those not half as good as we are get drowned in ovation,
for doing their best which is our average, but yet they are the centre of praises and the adulations.
Don't envy them, we are better than them, but they are the best,
they are known by the world,
we are cowards, they are brave,
they have conquered fear,
while we are still the victim of 'harmless' fear.
The time has come for us to step out there and give the world the real action,
we are the best, we know it and we are ready to prove ir, fear can no longer imprison our true position, this is our final decision.
/p5sIGP-fE

Then who are you?

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by klevjey: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
haaaa...dis is why they are called HAUSA SLAVES...'sophisticated' indeed...

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Forwetinnah: 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jackrich:
I keep wondering how an ethnic group of such tremendous resources would allow themselves to be used as a slave ,pardon my French.

This is disgusting and disrespectful to all South Westerners whether they agree or not they've committed a political suicide that will haunt the entire south for 4 yrs.Four fuccking years with a mallam and mallams running Nigeria like animal farm.
It is a shame.

I am happy this is happening to them, since they have refused to LEARN.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by 9jatriot(m): 1:21pm On Jun 11, 2015
slap1:

Maybe this, maybe that...abegi!

That article created the story from no where, its safe to assume otherwise until proven otherwise.
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
luvinhubby:
wow!
Nigeria is in a deep something!
A VP that cannot be trusted by his principal with vital information because he is concerned about his loyalty & competence speaks volumes about the marriage of strange bedfellows ruling Nigeria.

My sincere prayer is that APC will not plunge Nigeria into the anarchy that GEJ averted for us IJN.
The problem is just Tinubu .... nobody trust Tinubu and Osinbajo is designed to manage implementation of Buharis programme as communicated to him and not to be present in high end security meetings where classified national information may be divulged.

Tinubu should rebrand from local power to national power ...... Tinubu need to queue and cooperate if he want to earn good working relationship among Nigerian czars.

Osinbajo is suffering Tinubuism the same way Gbajabiamala and Lawan has suffered..... Loyalty of Osinbajo need to be earned.... it is either prof stand for himself or for Tinubu....... else, na only contracts e go dey manage and not the real show.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by AreaFada2: 1:22pm On Jun 11, 2015
I think Buhari knows more about Boko than APC praise singers want to believe.

He doesn't want Tinubu to know these things. VP will most likely divulge it to Tinubu.

Information is power. Buhari doesn't want some people getting vital info that could be used to arm-twist or subtly blackmail him later.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Oh no no no no this is a very big slap to the South West. This is a professor of law being shut out of security meeting by a celebrated certificateless mallam because he can not be trusted not to inform Tinubu. Why did the South West allow tinubu to become their arrow head. Now you waste earners, sorry westerners have worked so hard and the only slot you got is consider a spy of tinubu and shut out of important meetings. Westerners how market? Join other southerners you people don't accept . I am sorry if I hurt anyone but shi.t just got real.

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by klevjey: 1:23pm On Jun 11, 2015
Dollyak:
Why make him VP when they couldn't trust him? Sounds too dodgy man. Probabaly making sure he will conform to their corrupt practices before letting him in.

Do this politicians think they are talking to fools? What can he see or discuss that the Vp shouldn't hear/see? Most of the rulers from the developed world are from posh family, so i fail to see his points.

They are the ones controlling BH...simple...so they don't want him to know
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by Feranchek(m): 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
adeaks:
“Now, we have someone who has been in luxury virtually all his life, attaining the position of VP and some people are clamouring for his presence in highly sensitive talks."

This is absolute balderdash. What does his life of luxury have to with pressing security issues? So only those who grew up in poverty and want should be present in highly sensitive talks. Nonsense!

All those in the security meetings are all military people and will be looking at things from the same military perspective. Sometimes it is good to let someone with a totally different background give his own perspective of things. Osinbajo might be able to suggest some ways of tackling our security challenges that is not obvious to the military men who are already set in their ways.

Most reasonable comment I've read today so far. God bless you man, buh the military man also had a point. Since MVP was picked by jagaban, they fear he's gat some influence on MVP. I'm sure PMB has everything under control. Let's just keep praying for them both

1 Like

Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by isuomo: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2015
I am surprised you all fell for the junk story from Dailypost shocked
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by ndcide(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
This commissioner thing is not ending any time soon.

I told someone that buhari endorsed the thriller at the Senate house irrespective of what some apc goons want to believe.

He may just be saying, Saraki my man.....
Re: Why Osinbajo Has Been 'locked Out' Of Buhari’s Security Meetings - Daily Post by PStacks(m): 1:26pm On Jun 11, 2015
Crazy and sickening!

Did Nnamadi Sambo or Goodluck Jonathan have Security experience prior to becoming President and vice?

What's all dis crap talk Osinbajo is a professor of Law?

What's all dis nonsense playing out..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

IPOB Solidarity Rally For Trump In Port-Harcourt Turns Bloody (Photos, Video) / Gunshots As Hoodlums Loot Dogara’s House In Jos / Explosion Rocks Benin, Houses Destroyed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.