Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (42865 Views)

When You Use Your Friend To Test Your Boyfriend & They Are Now Getting Married / My Boyfriend Introduced Me To Nairaland,how Do I Thank Him? / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by darlenese(f): 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2015
Toh

OK u expect him to tell his popsy that both of u are lovers, and that u are the one that helps him clear his konji

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by deavicky(m): 10:56pm On Jun 17, 2015
Watin u be before if not a friend. Or are you both married?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by hairdryingcap(m): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
So make he introduce you as his hoe abi before you go take am seriously.. ..... undecided
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by omogin(f): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Lol... If his father likes you, hmmmmm you don get fans for the family o. Don't forget to invite us o

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by nobul(m): 10:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
Off cos yes an yes.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by donmoris(f): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
relax babe is jux a sign of respect

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 11:00pm On Jun 17, 2015
Sorry
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by LadyCaty(f): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
U even get luck sef..he even introduced u †̥ his dad..

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by frakdon(m): 11:01pm On Jun 17, 2015
Yu r on a long thing.......ask me hw
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Hardaysheenar(m): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
Do not worry nor panic my dear....jez continue playing along with him....match neva finished until d ref blows whistle....best game eva....

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by skyfullofstars(f): 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
deavicky:
Watin u be before if not a friend. Or are you both married?

If you are dating someone, that person is no longer a friend. I have tons of friends, but I only date one guy. It would be erroneous to call him simply "a friend" if there is something romantic going on between us...!

Im not Nigerian by the way, and thats the way we see it in my own culture

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by reboski: 11:03pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.

What exactly were you expecting to hear? Dad meet my enemy?

Those young babe's of nowadays self.

3 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
reboski:

What exactly were you expecting to hear? Dad meet my enemy?

Those young babe's of nowadays self.
embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by RJayson(m): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
Correct African boy, every girl is a friend. He might be having commitment issue tho.....or he's not yet sure about you. You sef try read between the lines naa.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by daben1(m): 11:04pm On Jun 17, 2015
Are you guys enemies?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by boolet: 11:05pm On Jun 17, 2015
MizTyna:
How old is he? That's a very big factor
You typed my mind.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Vikkie14: 11:08pm On Jun 17, 2015
BTW what are you? Aint you A GIRL? Your BF dad saw you and knows that you are a GIRL, right? Your BF introduces you as his FRIEND, isn't it? So, whatz the Problem. Must he shout : This is my GirlFriend before his dad understand? Surely his dad knew you are his GIRLfriend, atleast he isnt blind to recognize a BOY from a GIRL.

Abeg, chill. You are his GIRL(to his dad).
You are his friend(To your BF).

What's the difference?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Truckpusher(m): 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

You can't introduce more than one girl as a girlfriend to ya Dad.

Just find out if you're his side chick who is poised to take over from the main chick. grin
Guys aren't smiling at all .

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by eleko1: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2015
Vickyrotex sad Iya Alajo*Hide behind the curtain* lipsrsealed come see sad.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2015
demmy0325:
smh... The eba wey neva belle full U.. Na im U wan stone person.. undecided
Lol cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
tollytexy:
No you don't need to be worried.. Ode!!!
Oponu!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by sniper77(m): 11:15pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:

You be girlfriend. abbreviated to friend so the guy papa know the levels.your guy never upgrade you to fiancée level.so no give yourself headache.make u patiently wait for the upgrade or the downgrade.d downgrade bad o as u fit become ex-girlfriend wey we still fit abbreviate to ex-friend.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
frakdon:
Yu r on a long thing.......ask me hw
How
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by purplish(f): 11:16pm On Jun 17, 2015
Friend kwa? If he's up to 27 years, you should be worried oh! Why old man go dey code nah

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Seunpaul01(m): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2015
lol... wat do u expect him to call u. since he hasnt propose to u. u are still his friend wch should be obvious to his dad dat u are his gf. U dont need to worry

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by czarr(m): 11:18pm On Jun 17, 2015
.....op,you have nothing to fear but fear itself!!!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by atospet(m): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
If it was your dad would you have introduced him as your boyfriend.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by queebeediva(f): 11:21pm On Jun 17, 2015
Oh sure or not sure .
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by frakdon(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:

How
cuz I knw yu would ask me 'HOW.......
Hw old is he, nd what is the long term of yur relationship with him?

Una don siddon talk front nd back before ?
Cuz me I can't call my woman 'a friend' for wetin nah?well talk to him again Jor.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by idris4eva(m): 11:22pm On Jun 17, 2015
You should be worry cos it might be that someone is before you and he doesn't want to complicate issue with his dad
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by onyengbu: 11:23pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:

How
Please don't listen to those boys. Just like the guy said, the dad got what he meant.

If you start getting worried now that should be for nothing and if the guy is worth it, you might loose what you need.

If I introduced my wife as my lover or girlfriend to my mom when we were dating, she would have done everything in her power to break the 'sinful' relationship grin

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / My Fiancée Wants To Break Up With Me Because She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / Help! I Am In Love With My Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.