Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (42855 Views)

When You Use Your Friend To Test Your Boyfriend & They Are Now Getting Married / My Boyfriend Introduced Me To Nairaland,how Do I Thank Him? / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Dandeson1(m): 11:25pm On Jun 17, 2015
Princecalm:
these are my questions for you 1.has he been truthful to you on a general note and you can give him a bit of your trust?.
2. Does other family members apart from the dad recognises the relationship.
3. With your deductive reasoning, do you see the relationship leading to marriage?. If your answers to all those questions are yes then you have no cause to fear.
hahahaha, see question

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by cyprus000: 11:29pm On Jun 17, 2015
reboski:

What exactly were you expecting to hear? Dad meet my enemy?
Those young babe's of nowadays self.
[size=13pt] Please permit me as I test my loughin skills on this threadgringringrincheesy [/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by cyprus000: 11:33pm On Jun 17, 2015
darlenese:
Toh

OK u expect him to tell his popsy that both of u are lovers, and that u are the one that helps him clear his konji
[size=13pt]
gringringringrincheesy

Wat a funny statementgrin

[/size]
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by pek(m): 11:34pm On Jun 17, 2015
Why take Panadol when you don't have a headache? Even with his explanations you are still worried?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by generalwo24(m): 11:35pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.
.....na him mama u be b4 Nor be him frd?? grin[color=#000099][/color] grin grin
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:41pm On Jun 17, 2015
agarawu23:
he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend

don't be bothered, its just a sign of respect for his dad
pls hw is it respect for his dad
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jun 17, 2015
if you want to worry, then you have my permission...
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by frakdon(m): 11:43pm On Jun 17, 2015
onyengbu:

Please don't listen to those boys. Just like the guy said, the dad got what he meant.

If you start getting worried now that should be for nothing and if the guy is worth it, you might loose what you need.

If I introduced my wife as my lover or girlfriend to my mom when we were dating, she would have done everything in her power to break the 'sinful' relationship grin
well then everyone with their own wahala

I think she knws best what's going on there....
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by MyMentor: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad... .

wot did u called him, boyfrnd or fiance?
U xpectd hm 2 call u fiancee wen u dn't even see hm as fiance, hum?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Zeeemo(m): 11:46pm On Jun 17, 2015
I think you should just find your square roots
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by chumakk: 11:48pm On Jun 17, 2015
atospet:
If it was your dad would you have introduced him as your boyfriend.
pls give this guy a cold drink
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by ceecee0703(m): 11:49pm On Jun 17, 2015
400billionman:

You have created a topic anyway.

Stop posing as a fornicator.

You need JESUS.

i don see you wee get am plenty as u dey live jesus life.....see u dey insult everything on ur path .....no gree make God slap u d kind slap we him slap zachariah john d baptist papa we make am dumb

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by xtervaganza(m): 11:52pm On Jun 17, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.
lol grin grin grin grin abeg add soup join the eba grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by GboyegaD(m): 11:54pm On Jun 17, 2015
I will advice you don't sleep with both eyes closed. If he is bold enough to introduce you, he should do it properly. I sincerely don't ag with the sign of respect opinion.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 11:58pm On Jun 17, 2015
MizTyna:
How old is he? That's a very big factor
He's matured enough, 28
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:00am On Jun 18, 2015
UnknownT:
Since the dad likes you, you can spite/revenge your boyfriend by becoming his step mother grin
Lol, you no well cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:01am On Jun 18, 2015
eleko1:
undecided how old are both of U?U dnt expect somebody who's still spoon feed/living under the roof of his parent/a 20 yrs old undergraduate to introduced u to his(Soldier'if he's one/any')paPa as girlfriend.U want the old man to insult/embrass U(Ehn! so nah u nor allow my pikin to serious/kal u gold digger).Madam,listen up.Dnt get belle for him now ooo/play rough.if u dare get preggy now,U are OYO ooo cos the old man will say Shebi U are friend.Shine ur eyes make Papa and bomboy nor take U play ludo/squash(apology to late Yah Adua) game
Tanks bt he's old enough tho, he's 28, am 27
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:02am On Jun 18, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
He was being diplomatic girl friend. He hasnt engaged you has he?

Some guys do so because they feel using the word "girl friend" when introducing their girl to their parents is a bit dis-respectful (dont ask me how using the word girlfriend could come across as being dis-respectful, because i cant even say).
I understand
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:03am On Jun 18, 2015
omogin:
Lol... If his father likes you, hmmmmm you don get fans for the family o. Don't forget to invite us o
cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2015
purplish:
Friend kwa? If he's up to 27 years, you should be worried oh! Why old man go dey code nah
Abi, he's even 28
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:06am On Jun 18, 2015
czarr:
.....op,you have nothing to fear but fear itself!!!
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:07am On Jun 18, 2015
atospet:
If it was your dad would you have introduced him as your boyfriend.
Food for thought
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:08am On Jun 18, 2015
idris4eva:
You should be worry cos it might be that someone is before you and he doesn't want to complicate issue with his dad
You have a point
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:09am On Jun 18, 2015
Dandeson1:
hahahaha, see question
Abi
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:10am On Jun 18, 2015
pek:
Why take Panadol when you don't have a headache? Even with his explanations you are still worried?
Abi
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:11am On Jun 18, 2015
Do you want HIM to INTRODUCE you as WIFE..?

LADIES of NOWADAYS. .
INSTEAD of training yourself for MARITAL CHALLENGES and how to be a MOTHER and a GOOD wife, U wan REAP where you no SOW
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by missKiffy(f): 12:11am On Jun 18, 2015
teeowl:
if you want to worry, then you have my permission...
Go joor embarassed
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by czarr(m): 12:12am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:
....lol,you confuse ni?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by frakdon(m): 12:15am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

Abi
look yu r the only 1 to decide what's best for yu, alright? After all yu guys no be kids anymore...

Nd look out to see if he has changed somehow on hw yu 2 relate before nw..
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2015
biggybanty7:
Na u knw who u help
lol grin
biggybanty7:
Na u knw who u help
lol
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Akynzodeighbour(m): 12:21am On Jun 18, 2015
Not just worried, be scared

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How A Broke Guy Can Get A Girl / 5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / My Fiancée Wants To Break Up With Me Because She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.