Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (42853 Views)

When You Use Your Friend To Test Your Boyfriend & They Are Now Getting Married / My Boyfriend Introduced Me To Nairaland,how Do I Thank Him? / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by chrisxxx(m): 7:52am On Jun 18, 2015
He introduced u as a friend to his dad and you are introducing him to over 5 million Nigerians as your boyfriend.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Stoical: 7:54am On Jun 18, 2015
Hi, when I came across this thread, I had to open to be sure it ain't my gal wink.
Well, early this month, I introduced my babe to my parent as my "friend". Even though, my parent later were teasing me to explain better...my response was thus "Have I ever bring a gal to the house?, they said NO...I now asked them to deduce from there". See, they understood because I have never done that and I needed their on-the-surface assessment of her, as I am planning engagement next...
So dear, don't be worried, esp if you are sure he LOVES you. Best of luck!

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by sniperwolf(m): 7:57am On Jun 18, 2015
400billionman:

Are you just silly or plain stu.pid ?

Should he have have introduced you as his WIFE ?

Probably, he should have introduced her as a fück mate

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Waspy(m): 8:01am On Jun 18, 2015
skyfullofstars:

If you are dating someone, that person is no longer a friend. I have tons of friends, but I only date one guy. It would be erroneous to call him simply "a friend" if there is something romantic going on between us...!

Im not Nigerian by the way, and thats the way we see it in my own culture
Okay, In Nigeria, families are a bit discreet about romantic affairs especially when the wards are not yet independent or of full age. Introducing her as a friend, is expected if the family or the boy feels he shldnt be having any romantic relationship yet. In most cases, the families know already but as i said there is discreetness to a certain level

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by funshwo(m): 8:02am On Jun 18, 2015
Are U suprise when you have already identified what you are (A GIRL FRIEND). The guy even loved you, he would have called you "A babe". If you want to be wife, show your stuff and make yourself available for the job. U don't expect miracle when you have not prayed for it, Have ever displayed what will convince the guy that you wished to leave the rest of your life with him as a wife; if not pls start now the time is still there for you. What you're expecting is good but make good use of the opportunity, remember He has given yiu a clue it is left for you to solve the puzzle. May God help you as you proceed.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by NobleG1(m): 8:06am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.

Let the matter slide. Focus in making sure he puts ring on your finger soon. And don't waste your time with someone who's not gonna marry you.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by EKENWAOSI: 8:10am On Jun 18, 2015
Misskiffy: In the real sense are you not his friend{girl}.As at this moment both are just friends which might lead to union or part ways. Watch and pray if your boyfriend is a Husband or still in awaiting Husband and for how long?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Obijulius: 8:16am On Jun 18, 2015
Why did he do that?

He should have described you as his fuckmate.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Allureoftheseas(m): 8:18am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

Tanks bt he's old enough tho, he's 28, am 27

Lmao 27 still not married? You need Jesus grin
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:25am On Jun 18, 2015
Its normal its just sign of respect i think ..
The dad understands ... At the end of the day he doest need to introduce u as his wife .. Till he proposed n ready for engagement or traditional then thats where you will b presented.. Obv its a nigerian ..

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

There is still time now
Are u married?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by joe17: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2015
Tomjazzy2:
He was being diplomatic girl friend. He hasnt engaged you has he?

Some guys do so because they feel using the word "girl friend" when introducing their girl to their parents is a bit dis-respectful (dont ask me how using the word girlfriend could come across as being dis-respectful, because i cant even say).
lols....I think it's because they can obviously see she is a girl grin adding 'girl' to d friend again makes u sound somhow like a fornicator grin which is like u said disrespectful grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

How long u two been together, and is it a sexual relationship ?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by baruzeez(m): 8:28am On Jun 18, 2015
darlenese:
Toh

OK u expect him to tell his popsy that both of u are lovers, and that u are the one that helps him clear his konji
Onisokuso omo Ilorin wetin b konji
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Allureoftheseas(m): 8:34am On Jun 18, 2015
LadyBoss1:

There is still time now
Are u married?

Yes I am wink
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by drnoel: 8:34am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

When the dad already undeertsands what he meant then what is the reason behind bothering us with the stuff? Pls how old are u? Cos u sound like a child.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jun 18, 2015
preciousMI1:
haba! Are you his wife, house girl, mom or what??what if he called u coursemate
. Haba,your not good ooo,what if your in her shoe?
What if I introduce you to my Mum as my friend.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 8:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

Yes I am wink

Lol oh ok smiley
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by ceecee0703(m): 8:46am On Jun 18, 2015
sweet hrt see eeh.....if he introduced you to his father as a friend then i think its a good step in the right direction...besides wats a girlfriend...its simply a girl that is a friend to a guy and who has the potential of being upgraded to a wife. and same with a guy.....so the ball is in ur court be to him who u want him to be to u.....not necessarily in satisfying his libido but in trying to build a future..

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by goldtemmy(f): 8:49am On Jun 18, 2015
[color=#770077][/color][quote author=agarawu23 post=34870496] he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend

don't be bothered, its just a sign of respect for his dad
It's normal for a child to introduce opposite sex partner as a friend, so relax.............

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by aprokopikin(m): 8:55am On Jun 18, 2015
Allureoftheseas:

datz a very stupid statement from you. Watz wrong with being 27 and not yet married. Nah she go marry herself Okooko!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Bakass(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2015
rubbish topic. rubbish pple and rubbish replies. who be mumu?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by tottinova: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

find it out yourself #simple#

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 18, 2015
Viciyus:

SONS OF AN ANIMAL,

WERE IS YOUR COMMON SENSE!!

WOULD YOU INTRODUCE HIM TO YOUR PARENT SAY "HAY DAD AND MOM. THIS IS MY BOYFRIEND undecided

USE YOUR BRAIN NA.

Ode!

Are they not in actual fact ‘girlfriend and boyfriend'?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by ElFenomeno1: 9:28am On Jun 18, 2015
kITATITA:
But that's what you are. Did you expect to be called girlfriend which sounds immoral to parents or fiancée when his dad hasn't given final approval? You should be happy that he took you home which is the beginning of things to come

GBAM!

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by fairheven: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

But isn't that what u are. .a friend? I mean u r not his fiancee yet

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Correctman0606: 9:43am On Jun 18, 2015
kITATITA:
But that's what you are. Did you expect to be called girlfriend which sounds immoral to parents or fiancée when his dad hasn't given final approval? You should be happy that he took you home which is the beginning of things to come
Among all the responses, na your own mature pass. If na exam, you for score marks than others. They will wonder how and why you score more marks.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by aysnazy(m): 9:43am On Jun 18, 2015
Wat r u b4
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by agarawu23(m): 9:47am On Jun 18, 2015
goldtemmy:
[color=#770077][/color]
make I relax ? cheesy
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Correctman0606: 9:47am On Jun 18, 2015
Princecalm:
these are my questions for you 1.has he been truthful to you on a general note and you can give him a bit of your trust?.
2. Does other family members apart from the dad recognises the relationship.
3. With your deductive reasoning, do you see the relationship leading to marriage?. If your answers to all those questions are yes then you have no cause to fear.
Una Lawyer dey tire me. All these plenty questions just for small enquiry. If she happen to provide a YES answers to all of them, you definitely start other set of questions. Lawyers, especially senior ones likey you can dey tire me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How A Broke Guy Can Get A Girl / 5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / My Fiancée Wants To Break Up With Me Because She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.