Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,235 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? (42863 Views)

When You Use Your Friend To Test Your Boyfriend & They Are Now Getting Married / My Boyfriend Introduced Me To Nairaland,how Do I Thank Him? / At 31, Not In A Serious Relationship: Should I Be Worried? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Chigold101(m): 12:32am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Should I still be worried or am just bothering myself for no reason.
wait o... are you not his friend?
Babe what would you he introduces you as? His wife or fiance? grin

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:36am On Jun 18, 2015
MizTyna:
How old is he? That's a very big factor
why do you ask of his age
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by holyeye1989(m): 12:51am On Jun 18, 2015
SEE THIS ONE WETIN U CALL AM...BOYFRIEND?...U EXPECT EM TO INTRODUCE U AS ...WIFEFRIEND ..ABI NA WETIN..U NO WELL OOO...
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by donveekings: 1:00am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:
I met my boyfriend's dad for the first time last week and he introduced me as a 'friend' to his dad. I later asked him why he introduced me as a friend just to clarify things and know if am just a 'friend' to him and he told me his dad understands what he meant even tho he referred to me as a friend, and I think he was right cos his dad was dotting on me after meeting me, he even told my boyfriend he likes me.

Yes. You have to really be worried! Because he has introduced other girls the same way to his dad. If possible go on dry fasting!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nyceguy92: 1:04am On Jun 18, 2015
[quote author=missKiffy post=34870418]

In Western cultures, they introduce each other a boyfriend or girlfriend.
[code][/code]
Parents even ask to know when their daughter/son will be bringing their boyfriend/girlfriend to dinner.

As for us Africans, we use terms that show we are still under our parents' watch care.

Guy is in order.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by ceezah: 1:10am On Jun 18, 2015
Don't mind dat ur immature boyfriend that won't take responsibility. BTW, let me have ur number. I want to take u not only to my dad, but the whole family as my wife or whatever you want to be known as...

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by JOYSTUDIOZ: 1:19am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

YOU GOT IT? FLAUNT IT, EXPLICIT +18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVUljaOIKtc
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 18, 2015
O girl, na 50:50 una dey o.
Anything can happen.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by knackz(m): 1:31am On Jun 18, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.
guyyyy may that igosi soup with stoke fish follow hoo
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by mydex93(f): 2:32am On Jun 18, 2015
400billionman:

Are you just silly or plain stu.pid ?

Should he have have introduced you as his WIFE ?
You are soooo daft gosh!!! Must u resort to insults...can't u be constructive and still make a point?

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by yehmi01(m): 2:39am On Jun 18, 2015
Oliver twist

For a man to take you to his parent is more than enough to let you know he his serious

Now because he called you friend you came on social media to ask question.

No you are his enemy

Friend no do you for first time meeting.

What really do you want him to call you, First lady?

Women and drama go side by side since garden of eden.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by yehmi01(m): 2:41am On Jun 18, 2015
Thinking about it now again.

OP if you took him to your own parent and he meet your dad so what will you introduce him as.

Your Husband or lover or boyfriend or ATM grin or friend?
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 3:29am On Jun 18, 2015
Until you're married or engaged, your label is friend, girlfriend that is

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Nobody: 3:30am On Jun 18, 2015
That guy is not ready for commitment.Just don't put all ur eggs in one basket.

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by meImyself(m): 3:35am On Jun 18, 2015
Babe! Do u knw hw many chicKs he done introduced 2 his dad as a friendz. Notn like my dad understand oooooo. D dude na game boy. Watch ur back woman!

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by benedict100(m): 4:00am On Jun 18, 2015
Jelo4kul:
If i stone you eba from here you go dey happy by force. So you want make him describe you as girlfriend make him popsy disown am. If to say na fiancee i for understand.
u too funny abeg
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by SirDorianGray(m): 4:24am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

Its normal...don't be worried

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by SirDorianGray(m): 4:28am On Jun 18, 2015
omogin:
Lol... If his father likes you, hmmmmm you don get fans for the family o. Don't forget to invite us o

U too like jollof rice...loool
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by eleko1: 4:47am On Jun 18, 2015
He should be bold enuf to tell his old man that u are his wife'dad meet my wife to be not FRIEND' maybe he said that U are friend so as not to get his pops upset due to religion,State/ethnic difference.Abeg,dnt rush in/be an object to be toased around.Dnt forget to post ur pre wedding pics here for us biko .Wish U well
missKiffy:

Tanks bt he's old enough tho, he's 28, am 27

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by suzzy16(f): 4:56am On Jun 18, 2015
RJayson:
Correct African boy, every girl is a friend. He might be having commitment issue tho.....or he's not yet sure about you. You sef try read between the lines naa.
best advice ever
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by eleko1: 5:01am On Jun 18, 2015
lipsrsealed embarassed grin shocked sad angry cheesy grin .
ceezah:
Don't mind dat ur immature boyfriend that won't take responsibility. BTW, let me have ur number. I want to take u not only to my dad, but the whole family as my wife or whatever you want to be known as...
wetin u wan use her number for?She tell u say she's looking for a second hand material undecided tongue.Wic fake family u wan introduce her to undecided lipsrsealed cheesy grin undecided.Oya,com pay her bride kudi,I am the family head cool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by polomy(m): 5:05am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

missKiffy:

missKiffy:

back in those days, if a guy introduced u to his parents, then marriage is guarantee but these days, if like meet his ancestors, if he will dump u, he will, so worry urself less my dear.

2 Likes

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by suzzy16(f): 5:06am On Jun 18, 2015
missKiffy:

He's matured enough, 28
then he is nt into u,he has a real girlfrnd he ve introduced earlier to his dad,believe me
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by modela88(m): 5:10am On Jun 18, 2015
How. old is ur boifrd
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by polomy(m): 5:12am On Jun 18, 2015
eleko1:
lipsrsealed embarassed grin shocked sad angry cheesy grin .wetin u wn use her number for?She tell u sy she's looking for a second hand material undecided tongue.Wic fake family u wan introduce here to undecided lipsrsealed cheesy grin undecided.Oya,com pay her bride kudi,I am the family head cool.
Olee Oshi.. u wan turn dis innocent girl into business venture... who made u our family head?..
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Belmot(m): 5:16am On Jun 18, 2015
suzzy16:
then he is nt into u,he has a real girlfrnd he ve introduced earlier to his dad,believe me
Don't be so sure

1 Like

Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by micmond: 5:18am On Jun 18, 2015
before the stoning u must declare ur state of origin #osunthings
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by kritikali(m): 5:22am On Jun 18, 2015
Here in chenchenya the dad would have shoot u in the head for being his friend, as per girlfriend, we will burn you alive we don't give a f.ck here.
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by suzzy16(f): 5:23am On Jun 18, 2015
Belmot:
Don't be so sure
okay
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by onunwa21(m): 5:27am On Jun 18, 2015
He is right, b4 do u want him to introduce u as his enemy or sex partner? Just behave urself 4 dat house so dat d father can giv his consent. If u lik wear mini skirt or bum short, na disqualify ooooooooooooooooooooooooo cry
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by Belmot(m): 5:32am On Jun 18, 2015
suzzy16:
okay
Better
Re: My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? by kingston247: 5:53am On Jun 18, 2015
Girls ehhh...how else do u want him to introduce u...?or r u his enemy? Ok...dad meet my girl friend....how is d sound of dat..not polite oo...dad meet my friend...better...pls don't take things too fast and far...small small abeg

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

5 Loving Tips About Canadian Girls And Women In Canada / My Fiancée Wants To Break Up With Me Because She Doesn't Want Sex Anymore / Help! I Am In Love With My Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.