Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With (68367 Views)

Valentine: 10 Categories Of Guys You Will See And How They Will Behave / Lady Visits A Guy At His Hostel, Crowd Of Guys Wait Outside To HAIL HIM (pics) / Real Reason Women Play Hard To Get Or Seem Not Interested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:11am On Jan 23, 2016
iAmCharis:
Otiemhen, onegbe? smiley
o

obhiomen! odianose. akuemosenobula cheesy
we ki bho? bodi ayie?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by laprince(m): 12:12am On Jan 23, 2016
iAmCharis:
Otiemhen, onegbe? smiley

Obhiaba. Khara owaen.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:12am On Jan 23, 2016
demsid:
u Don fck up with this statement of urs, I've liked u since that ur ed Sheeran A Team cover, nd ve been waiting for a day I wd find u again on a thread, but today wc it is u've disappointed me, too bad. So you sef follow for this stvpid hard to get team. MissGdope hai too bad mehn
grin grin
dude it was a joke. calm down
undecided
i'm not here to impress anyone anyway.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by vicraven(m): 12:14am On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

cheesy...I've missed u..
how sweet!!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:16am On Jan 23, 2016
wow, she just wrote everything about me. thumbs up dear!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Fongido(m): 12:17am On Jan 23, 2016
you're are on point man. I hate that thing she loves you but would be forming hard to get or I want to see if he truly love me or I don't want to seem cheap. that's nonsense. I don't follow girl up more than one week and if you don't accept I'll give up.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by kay29000(m): 12:18am On Jan 23, 2016
Personally, I feel the hard to get thing doesn't make sense. If you play hard to get it generally means you don't like me like that, so why should i make you like me by force? It doesn't make sense.

5 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by demsid(m): 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
MissGdope:

grin grin
dude it was a joke. calm down
undecided
i'm not here to impress anyone anyway.
better o. It better be, cos u don't know d height I placed u even before knowing u, I listen to that ur A Team freestyle every night. I wish we cud share voice notes. Add me up on bbm 58C5ECE8. Nairaland pm is a Lotta stress.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by vicraven(m): 12:19am On Jan 23, 2016
MissGdope:
all these yeye guys sef. A girl will be sincerely rejecting your advances but you won't hear. you will say she is playing hard-to-get. so when she decides to use you as atm and dump you after use, you will come and be ranting on NL
Continue....
make una no geh sense grin grin grin
if i catch you ehn, na me go use ur atm,use ur papa own join sef... shior

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by LaurelP(m): 12:21am On Jan 23, 2016
esosa993:
what is kinda funny is that most guys don't really know the difference between hard to get and when she doesn't like u, some will ask u out and u will say a big NO but they won't back down and continue till they loose the little respect the gal has

pls guys u need to know the difference BTW not digging u and hard to get.... not everygal is doing yanga for u

How many ladies have the guts to say NO to a guy? Just a handful.
What I have noticed is that normally she would say OK but will not commit herself to the relationship. At this point, the guy has gone home rejoicing that he's got a partner, but months down the line, the lady is still not showing any signs of being in a relationship with him.
That's playing hard to get.

Another common scenario is that she would demand to "think about it". Months upon months and she's still "thinking about it".

I would be very happy if a lady could outright tell me NO I'm not interested. But the typical Naija lady won't do it. She will keep on giving you false hope and wasting your time.
Another guy comes and woos her and she still put that one on the same queue.

Don't forget that all these while, the guy might be spending on her, treating her well with the hope that she will soon accept him.

And the stupid girl will never reject these spendings, she will accept and be playing along.

Tell me what do you call that?

2 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Rapmoney(m): 12:24am On Jan 23, 2016
Blyzz:
wow, she just wrote everything about me. thumbs up dear!
Shuo! When did I become a woman?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by JeffreyJamez(m): 12:25am On Jan 23, 2016
Op should have just summarized and said "don't play hard to get with Jeffrey Jamez" grin cool
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:25am On Jan 23, 2016
vicraven:
if i catch you ehn, na me go use ur atm,use ur papa own join sef... shior
you can't catch me joor
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 23, 2016
vicraven:
how sweet!!
. Lol..
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by vicraven(m): 12:27am On Jan 23, 2016
MissGdope:
you can't catch me joor
oya set your money
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:30am On Jan 23, 2016
Rapmoney:
Shuo! When did I become a woman?
Not actually a typographical error, you're a girl by nature
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 23, 2016
niggi4life:
the truth is, guys aren't that complicated to understand.... You can actually know a guy fully in just one date. I usually tell girls that sleeping with a guy on d first night or later about one year doesn't change anything... If he will leave u after a one night stand, that doesn't mean he won't leave u after a year....its just all about what you want in the relationship and what he wants too, which u can easily see/notice from the first date

I very much agree with you that guys aren't difficult to understand. But I don't agree that u could get to know all about a person in just one date... Sometimes, a lil more time is needed to understand the personality too and to clear whatever doubts one may have.

It's just the simple truth.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:36am On Jan 23, 2016
demsid:
why would you just say no just like that, in just few days that we been relating, some girls just feel d queue is long, I'm pretty, they lose insight, and start garnering dusts. Wen the so called men of substance approach, maybe cos he's an introvert, or he gat no polished toasting skills or smtin, or he doesn't look flashy, they just form unnecessarily. So many baseless No in town. There is a way u apply wisdom in it even if u ve taken ur time to assess d guy. Hard to get is not hard to detect, u girls know it when u start it. It's better u change. Cos I know u very well, u stubborn

it won't stop me from preaching the truth when a gal says no let her go u can't force someone to like u, its not just possible....... if she tell u no then let her be for crying out loud if she becomes available to every guy that comes her way is that not being a slut

I think the stubborn one here is a guy who can't decipher things easily
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 23, 2016
LaurelP:

How many ladies have the guts to say NO to a guy? Just a handful.
What I have noticed is that normally she would say OK but will not commit herself to the relationship. At this point, the guy has gone home rejoicing that he's got a partner, but months down the line, the lady is still not showing any signs of being in a relationship with him.
That's playing hard to get.

Another common scenario is that she would demand to "think about it". Months upon months and she's still "thinking about it".

I would be very happy if a lady could outright tell me NO I'm not interested. But the typical Naija lady won't do it. She will keep on giving you false hope and wasting your time.
Another guy comes and woos her and she still put that one on the same queue.

Don't forget that all these while, the guy might be spending on her, treating her well with the hope that she will soon accept him.

And the stupid girl will never reject these spendings, she will accept and be playing along.

Tell me what do you call that?

probably the ones u relating to has the problem, for I have two examples but I will state one

there's this guy disturbing me a banker, he took my number on my bvn form and never stopped disturbing me, he told me his intentions I outrightly said no, I don't have time for crap if I don't like u then I'll say no because no guy can force me to date him not just possible, till date the still disturbs me even after saying no

now is that not madness
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 23, 2016
ronald4lif:

This is a better persuasive basis for procrastinating a relationship. Sure there's a need to gauge a guy's feeling to be sure it's sincere and not just a temporal feeling of lust. But I don't think that's what constitutes playing hard to get.

I think playing hard to get borders around unnecessarily leading a guy on even when the lady is certain he ticks all her desideratum and requisites. That's where the problem is.

Yea, of course. But some peeps on the thread were making it seem as though a girl shouldn't take her time at all... That as long as she's not granting them dating permission immediately, then she's playing hard to get...
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by demsid(m): 12:42am On Jan 23, 2016
esosa993:

it won't stop me from preaching the truth when a gal says no let her go u can't force someone to like u, its not just possible....... if she tell u no then let her be for crying out loud if she becomes available to every guy that comes her way is that not being a slut

I think the stubborn one here is a guy who can't decipher things easily
grin okay, I now get ur No, the ardent NO but try n b considerate about d other guys feelings o b4 u say No, If u fit give am chance just give am. U sef get brothers o, life no hard Abeg but as for me I can never force u or any girl to like me cos it reduces me myself.
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by CaroLyner(f): 12:43am On Jan 23, 2016
AyamConfidence:
Caro time is going...some girls be playing hard to get and still be single till 35 while the so called "flirts" are getting married every weekend...life is too short to play hard to get...na because i like you o
hehe.was playing tho grin
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 23, 2016
wristbangle:

Excellent research doctor ronald4lif.

This hard to get mechanism is what some ladies actually use to beef their deflated esteem, feeling as if their market value is 2nd to none. There is no point proving this attitude when she knows the guy possess what she is looking for.

Most time ladies always say "ooo if I don't do it, he will consider me as their cheap hoe". Like I told a female friend of mine today, a guy will not respect u becos of your proving to hard attitude.

Honestly this attitude is becoming stale and blatantly silly. The sharp ladies nutmeg husband material dudes but the shakara ones end up as side chic to a player sad

@ oliviaarims, nice comment from you.

Thanks.. cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by CaroLyner(f): 12:47am On Jan 23, 2016
RexKex:
grin. Caro!
yes? cheesy
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:47am On Jan 23, 2016
tosyne2much:
I have been searching for you everywhere but u seem not to have noticed cool
Lol.. And just how could I have noticed?

How do you do?
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nobody: 12:49am On Jan 23, 2016
Cutehector:
women!

Lol... Ogini? Don't say "women" like that again o.. As if we're some confused creatures.. We aren't..
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by globalnewsmag: 12:51am On Jan 23, 2016
CaroLyner:
what are you telling me.even intelligent guys chase girls.
teamhardtoget#

Everything the op says are right .got a friend who has these xteristics. He's more focus on success than chasing women and he has really achieved a lot .but now it's funny women. Are chasing him and he doesn't even know which to choose
.my advice to guys .if you are not even ready to settle down yet I will keep saying this.you have no business or whatever going into any relationship or even chasing women.its setback.you won't believe this now.but you will remember this later. Stay focus.

4 Likes

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by LaurelP(m): 12:52am On Jan 23, 2016
esosa993:

probably the ones u relating to has the problem, for I have two examples but I will state one

there's this guy disturbing me a banker, he took my number on my bvn form and never stopped disturbing me, he told me his intentions I outrightly said no, I don't have time for crap if I don't like u then I'll say no because no guy can force me to date him not just possible, till date the still disturbs me even after saying no

now is that not madness

Well you probably are different. Like I said, a good number of ladies will just play along with you.
Probably they feel that it gives them more choices or it just makes them feel good about themselves.
The bad news though is that it backfires most times. The lady becomes confused and is distracted by these many guys
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by PunterTim(m): 12:59am On Jan 23, 2016
Oliviaarims:

Lol... Ogini? Don't say "women" like that again o.. As if we're some confused creatures.. We aren't..
No Offence,Women Are Confused Creatures!
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by foriz4u(m): 1:01am On Jan 23, 2016
this write ups describes me perfectly... I dislike ladies who for ever to say yes... c'mon u think I've time to chase all around like u where d only girl in town? abeg pack better things to come. the annoying thing is, those girls who seems to play hide n seek r d most corrupted self...d supposed cheap once tends to have a lasting n enjoying relationship.

1 Like

Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by daewoorazer(m): 1:03am On Jan 23, 2016
They'll neva agree wt u...they'll tel u an outright 'NO' is different from 'hard to get'...howeva, age teaches them to be indifferent...THATS Y I ROCK THE 27+....

Tis only d 25 n below who think they are some princesses...
Re: Types Of Guys You Should Not Play 'Hard-To-Get' With by Nyceguy92: 1:08am On Jan 23, 2016
[quote author=Rapmoney post=42231025]

Playing hard-to-get is part of the game.
Women like the attention they are getting and they don't want to be conquered easily.

It is only the guy who understands the psychology of women that persists.
It's like women go through the process Initial indifference... Confusion...Consideration... Acceptance.
If a guy gives up too soon, he loses.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Willingly Gives Her Body To Handsome Guy, Offers To Be His Side Chic / I’m Pregnant For My Cousin Again, After 2 Abortions / Pre-Wedding Shoot: When A Doctor Is Engaged To A Doctor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.