Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,234 members, 7,815,313 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54318 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by toneawe(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2016
oluwaahmed:

My broda it's easy 2 sit down in d comfort of ur haus & type crap. NA cannot survive out der in d creeks. We R tukin abt militants who basically posses skills like d US navy seals. Dis guys cme 4rm underwater & attack, dat guerilla warfare in d creeks. D navy shd hav bn d ones goin in but all military establishments are weak in dis country. U tink if d NA wer so strong dey wldnt hav done d work already. Nd btw d pple in d NA are nt like u described, dose ones are in d offices/classrooms because dey dint hav any godfada 2 put dem into d army dey so luvd. Wake up son, shits real, u'll hear scores very soon. D problem wit d militants is dat wen u shoot dem, dey Dnt die, dey've sold deir soul 2 d marine goddess dt protected deir forefathers & deir lands. D pple I pity are d SS/SE soldiers dat will be drafted in deir majority 4 dis war. Hausa soldiers wnt be sent 2 d creeks. Watch & see
Are u saying that there is a training school the Niger-Deltans have been attending for combat? I laugh u in pidgin. U mean the Nigerian army can't stand so-called militants that are just cultist that were armed with guns? Go and see the training the Nigerian army are receiving. Militants won't even survive it. Nigeria army are the best in Africa. Have u found out?
Moreover, y will the northern army be sent to SS wen d SS army understands their environment more? It is only God that is immortal. Anyone can be killed. Was Anini not killed despite his powers? U need to wake up NDA fan.

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Pyno30: 11:08pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2632982_c3_jpeg7539014d4bb662c2907c83b9b664f4f9

Nigerian Air Force alpha jet loaded with a 500kg unguided bomb,
in the background is an HIND helicopter.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by stonemasonn: 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
If the C in C and most of the commanding offices were Yorubas like Obj and Awolowo's sort, the war would have been concluded by now. They may not be very brave like the Fulani but they are cunning and intelligent they handle things with sly and guile. They apply every logic like divide and rule approach, carot and stick approach, blockading approach and every other tricks in the book. That's why the British distrust them.....cos they think alike.

5 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
oluwaahmed:

My broda it's easy 2 sit down in d comfort of ur haus & type crap. NA cannot survive out der in d creeks. We R tukin abt militants who basically posses skills like d US navy seals. Dis guys cme 4rm underwater & attack, dat guerilla warfare in d creeks. D navy shd hav bn d ones goin in but all military establishments are weak in dis country. U tink if d NA wer so strong dey wldnt hav done d work already. Nd btw d pple in d NA are nt like u described, dose ones are in d offices/classrooms because dey dint hav any godfada 2 put dem into d army dey so luvd. Wake up son, shits real, u'll hear scores very soon. D problem wit d militants is dat wen u shoot dem, dey Dnt die, dey've sold deir soul 2 d marine goddess dt protected deir forefathers & deir lands. D pple I pity are d SS/SE soldiers dat will be drafted in deir majority 4 dis war. Hausa soldiers wnt be sent 2 d creeks. Watch & see

u mean d marine godess dat culd nt protect n purify her own water for safe drinking to indigenes wu dumbly worship her ...even if dey try go school u jus dnnt see it in there reasonin ..naa so jona say 'stealing is nt corruption'

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Leez(m): 11:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
[quote author=MrMcJay post=46488727]

Stop the attachee by force, speak for yourself. Delta State falls under the Old Western Region.

Which God asked you? You better eat well before coming to type nonsense on NL. [/quo
lmao
western region kwa
see what happens when u ban history in schools
chukwuma nzeogwu,stephen okechukwu keshi,sunday ogochukwu oliseh
not to mention delta igbos or anioma
edo na mid west but delta is more or less east not to mention
IFEANYI OKOWA
chai nairaland db change o
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 11:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 11:23pm On Jun 11, 2016
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 11:27pm On Jun 11, 2016
ericsmith:

u seems to knw alot ,...NDA nids hands lik yu beko join them...u get serious great ideas ...puncture holes in war ship ....go school dem no go ...naa we gt oil dem go dey shout weytin make God wey creat am do.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caltrop

http://russia-insider.com/en/how-long-would-us-navy-survive/5177
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by chidozieikeji2: 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
Lol warning,warning,warning dats all we have been hearing we are tired of warning
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oweniwe(m): 11:28pm On Jun 11, 2016
coldFLARES1:

Do you honestly say, cases of corruption, treason and theft being pursued should be discontinued and suspects freed because some criminals have decreed so? There should be no two ways about this: a confrontation that would eventually settle this issue.

Thankfully, officers that may possibly become dissident have been eased out preparatory to the final showdown and good enough, the criminals have boasted about having adequate armaments including missile capabilities and the advantage of the terrain. So no party comes with greater advantage.

You didn't understand my first post well...

I did not say it is okay for few criminals to hold the government to ransom...

This problem... Militancy..., just a recurring decimal... Why does the issues keep coming up again and again?

That's is why I said... Forget the past... Block the loopholes... Restructure the system to ensure the incidents does not happen again.

Look at the power sector ... The reason why the bombings affected power supply is because we operate a Single National Grid system...

If you unbundle the national grid... Let lagos-oyo-ogun generate power and keep it in their states, if Niger Delta like, let the bomb all gas pipelines it will not affect lagos-oyo-ogun

They are bombing the pipelines because you are dependant on them. If you block that loophole, become self reliant, they will not bomb because it is useless to bomb

Anger beget nothing but impotent ash... Military intervention will not solve the problem permanently... Not dress the surface and move on. A few months or a year later, they will regroup, start again with better weapons and them you will have bigger wahala.

see, the problem is bigger than Militancy... Why do we have only lagos port working when we have many other ports? Why are we importing petrol when we have crude oil? Why is electricity supply in Nigeri tied to a single grid? Why is it that 26 states depend on states for resources to pay their workers salary and do their projects?

So my dear, the problem is not with the militants... The problem is with Nigeria itself. The military option you are proposing will not solve any problem, it will only make the bitterness worse. It's better to let the sleeping dog lie first, then you can work out and implement ways you will stop depending on them later.

Much as I do not align with the government's seeming prioritization of the fight against official graft over the economy, the states can go broke provided a clear statement is made to the effect effect that no group/association of individuals can hold us to ransom.

This is akin to a married man with a wife who refuses to cook because her husband brought cars for his cousins and sisters, but refused to buy car for the wife because he gives her monthly allowance that she use to cook for their 7 children.

The husband now said to his 7 children ... "Since your mother has refused to cook, all of you can go hungry... E no concern me...I will go and eat in buka "

Is that husband a responsible father?

Rather than settle his issues with his wife ... Even if it is just to promise his wife he will buy her car... He refuse... He says his children can go hungry...!!..

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by chidozieikeji2: 11:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
Adminisher:

I am laughing at anybody who says a modern army cannot operate on water. It is an extremely stupid thing to say. The Nigerian Army is at home in all terrain. What do people think Nigeria is?. There are Ijaw who can't swim and there are Hausa who are fishermen. In the North East Boko Haram attacked Niger Army by crossing on water. People should stop deceiving themselves. In any case, the NA now attacks on land sea and air so people should get prepared.
go and join dem
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Princedapace(m): 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
akinola1736:
Nigeria Army will finish the avengers within a month. Those of you instigating those hurriedly trained avengers should stop. If they had not been Nigerians and that the NA are being restrained, the army would have finish them. Never compare avengers issue with that of Book Haram o. Avengers should thread the path of peace laid out for them. For now, Nigeria is indivisible, it may be later.

Hahahahaha...I still dey wonder why Yoruba and Hausa ppl love this unity pass any thing...I don't know why they want it by force... Make una act like democratic ppl for once na...opt in for referendum as done by countries with good head.

Those militants will prefer to blow up everything than surrender except their demands are met. Yes, u can kill them but more will still come up and cripple the economy. Why can't yorubas and Hausa start singing this same song of no more unitary federalism eh? At least Biafra don't have oil...they are not "productive" and u guys still won't let them go...
Una funny die...chai...Yoruba and Hausa ppl love oil pass anything o...without oil...they simply can't survive smiley
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by VERDA: 11:30pm On Jun 11, 2016
EdoBoy90:
I just pity those who said NDA will defeat the Nigerian Army or arm forces. first, the army will defeat NDA by blocking them from access to food. second, by bombarding them using the air force. third, the army are well organized than them. We are agreed ok but you people shouldn't complain when the hit and bombardment start ooo. Army have much weapons than them. Jet fighters and suivellance aircraft are on ground. we shall see who will cry last.

How exactly will the army block access to their food,does the army know where they are? This guys live among lawful citizens or is the army going to block food access to the whole Niger delta region?,and where exactly will the army bombard,the last time I checked the avenger guys do no hold any territory and don't plan on holding any or will the army bombard innocent citizens? While I do not support the activities of these aveger guys nd still believe in Nigeria,the Niger delta issue is a complicated one and must be handled with care,especially with so much ethnic sentiments and all.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oluwaahmed: 11:32pm On Jun 11, 2016
toneawe:

Are u saying that there is a training school the Niger-Deltans have been attending for combat? I laugh u in pidgin. U mean the Nigerian army can't stand so-called militants that are just cultist that were armed with guns? Go and see the training the Nigerian army are receiving. Militants won't even survive it. Nigeria army are the best in Africa. Have u found out?
Moreover, y will the northern army be sent to SS wen d SS army understands their environment more? It is only God that is immortal. Anyone can be killed. Was Anini not killed despite his powers? U need to wake up NDA fan.

Bros u tukin because u sittin down in lagos & dunno was goin on here. Lemme tell u dose NA guys heart dey cut by now. Wen d militants declared "no fly zone in d ND" why dint d NAF fly deir planes dey R usin 2 disturb d whole PHC U pple r here tukin wat u Dnt knw? How long did Obj fight d militants?? Did he win?? Did amnesty nt eventually solve evrytin?? Our leaders jst sacrifice soldiers 4 no reason & u stay in kwara or lagos or abj & support trash. NA best in africa? & we still fightin BH 2day, u've bn rily brainwashed. U nid 2 unplug urself 4rm d system. Cme down here 2 d ss & see tins 4 urself. In jst dis few quarel btwn d govt & militants, ow many soldiers hav bn killed? 6! Wit sme missin. Ow many militants?? Ur guess is as gud as mine. Infact out of shame dey brot shell workers & called dem militants. Broda let us watch " the great Nigerian Army" am nt a fan of NDA I mean I wld rily want dem 2 stop deir bombin because dis dull govt will ride on d fact dat war in d niger-delta is adversely afectin d growth of d ecy. D same story wit d "war on terror" wake up broda we r all pawns in d game of nigeria

Regards
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by dcasca(m): 11:33pm On Jun 11, 2016
How can a particular group be threatening the federal government? What makes them think they can defeat the Nigerian army? How can they say that the looters in their region should not be investigated? These are the questions I need answers to.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by mindtricks: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
vedaxcool:
In plain English if you hit the army the army will strik. back with full force and comeasures available. Take our troops likely at your own peril.

Sad, FG has long been taking the oil money from their region for granted, leaving them at their own peril.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by prof12(m): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.

What are the functions of the amphibious battalions of the Nigerian army and the Nigerian Navy.
You better get enlightened

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by isahsalee: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2016
If you think NDA fire power can match NA, NN and NAF, no wahala, let the battle begins. Nigeria navy to Mann all the water ways and the creeks, Army to take care the land while air force throw missile into their hind out. IDP camps already loading in Niger Delta region I can see. What re many trained for? Why navy largest base is situated in Warri?. We seems to cry more than the bereaved. I can assure you, this hit and run tactics of NDA won't save them because, navy would force them out of their creeks to fight. If they refused to come out, air force would do Justice to their individual houses and let how they not come out. IDD camps loading everywhere in Niger Delta region. What do they want? Government had in last 2 week called their on respective governors for dialogue, in spite of that. attacks on pipelines continued, why?

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by doublem: 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
The most funniest part of it is that when the soldiers start operating with full force at ND the same set of people saying the soldier doesn't have power over avenger boys
They will start screaming again that buhari is dictatorship

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by willibounce1(m): 11:38pm On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:
May God help nigeria from disaster, I pray that the army survives this trap, I read during the civil war how an ordinary major jonathan uchendu used a locally fabricated weapon in a remote location in Abagana with some untrained biafran volunteers and wiped out 99% of the whole second division of the nigerian army that was using military hardware from soviet union Britain and Egypt causing general murtala mohammed to embark on a self imposed exile to Britain where he stayed till the war ended.

The nigerian military is about getting involved in a needless war that would lead to the untimely death of innocent soldiers, first the army would be fighting against the oceans and creeks, second the army would be fighting against a highly mobile and fast militant group, thirdly the fight is likely to involve other support for niger delta militants from disgruntled ipob members who are vowing to revenge the killing of their members, innocent niger delta people who will join the militants to defend their lands, kindred, villages and communities. Third southern cameroon, might lend their support to niger delta and other militants.

The war looks vert easy on paper but might be more complicated, an example is how easy it looked on paper to capture Ojukwu in 48 hours in a small south eastern enclave smaller than the state of borno but in reality the army was beaten blue black loosing more than 400,000 soldiers more than 4 times the present number of military men and still Ojukwu was never captured rather the army had to resort to an unconventional warfare that required the sabotage of farmlands in the east leading to the death of innocent children and women.

If biafra had enough guns and bullets the story might have ended differently. Now the Niger deltans are not biafrans, niger deltans are invisible and ruthless like the crocodiles of the river, they are ruthlessly fast like the shark and effective swimmers.

Nigeria had better focused it's energy on its economic problems, recession and many other challenges facing the country.

The army might not have deep divers or even a submarine to navigate the oceans and will face a herculean task getting around the creeks to secure oil facilities and engage the militants. All militants need is to puncture holes in the gun boats to finish any invadeprors. While the military would be hunting for some invisible enemies. Who are some what fast, ruthless and proactive.

Rubbish!

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by mengho(m): 11:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
I implore the avengers to embrace dialogue.

There is very good reason why Nigerian armed forces are the best in Africa.

Don't believe all this sh*t that they can't swim, Nigerian armed forces are extremely dangerous especially when they are well armed.
If u don't believe me then, ur free to confront them.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by willibounce1(m): 11:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
oluwaahmed:

I have never read anything this stupid on the Internet. You shoot NDA and they don't die because they sold their soul to river goddess? The same river goddess that could.not save the forefathers? They will not die if shot yet they can come out and fight. You are a mishap.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oluwaahmed: 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
ericsmith:

u mean d marine godess dat culd nt protect n purify her own water for safe drinking to indigenes wu dumbly worship her ...even if dey try go school u jus dnnt see it in there reasonin ..naa so jona say 'stealing is nt corruption'

Even when olodumare & his cohorts like sango, & Ogun cld not protect yoruba 4rm invasion by d British? Does it mean dat sme yorubas Dnt still worship dem? Can u go & challenge an ifa priest?
Bruv u dint make any sense @ all
& btw stealin is dft 4rm corruption, a simple dictionary meanin will enlighten u. Luk @ dem dey R proud in deir ignorance.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by laurel500(m): 11:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
They must coward then. They should come out and defend their so-called region. Shebi Dem say Dem be invisible? But of corwards. Lwt them come out and we'll see who BOSS is. 5% fools!

So you think invisibility is cowardice
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by MalcoImX: 11:45pm On Jun 11, 2016
lebienconnu:
At last we know what Jonathan and Allison spent all the they stole money on. Buying weapons to equip the militants. I remember the time when Oritsejafork 50 cent's aircraft was implicated in an illegal weapon deal in South Africa. Two Israeli weapon expert were caught with them. Also I remember the allegations of Obasanjo.

The Nigeria Army should not take this lightly. They should prepare for a full fledged war. If you wake up in the morning and you see a chick challenging you, please be careful because it might have grown teeth overnight. The Niger Delta Avengers' leaf that is dancing on surface of the sea have the drummers at the bottom of the sea.

This is going to be a decisive war. The NA should be careful and consider they are at war with Israel and not NDA. How else does one explain the Israeli weapon experts caught with Asari Dokubo with 15million dollars cash in SA? They recently threatened to assassinate the President.

Again I warn the NA. This war is not going to be a walk over.
We also remember a meeting held in Bayelsa government house that Nigeria will not know peace in the event Jonathan isn't returned. In attendance were Asari Dokubo, Boyloaf, Tompolo, Seriake Dickson, and former minister of the Niger Delta, Kingsley Kuku.
A certain writer, Frisky Larr yesterday called on the government to arrest Jonathan and deal decisively with those miscreants, whatever it will cost. I wholeheartedly supported that as these people have sinister motives against Nigeria. They probably have stockpiled some weapons, but they won't succeed in an all out war with the NA. God bless NA, God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by mindtricks: 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2016
oluwaahmed:

Truth. Official reports many a time do not give the true picture of happenings in that region. As usual FG army prefers to send people of that region whom they are willing to sacrifice. Accounts of events there will shock you.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by netflicks(m): 11:48pm On Jun 11, 2016
Hmmmm I smell a full scale war......if care is not taken this could extend to other regions and Nigeria will split....simple analysis! Govt use ur head...it's not all abt the weapons but national security is at stake.. cry
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by NonFarmPayrol: 11:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
d33types:

nice pics but the drone monitoring screen shows 2014 (2yrs ago during GEJ's tenure)..we had all these machines since.they arent new , so stop the lies by saying "the first of seven incoming isr planes;"

horus should be banned for posting old pix and fake info
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by VERDA: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Ask your Igbo neighbours what a blockade is and they will tell you. The Niger Delta that you think has many doors will suddenly turn to a room and parlour kind of arrangement.

That is when you will realise how the millenium old tactics has remained the most effective war fare strategy till today.

Oga go and sit down,is the war against the whole Niger delta citizens or the militants?,its cos the president gets advice from people like you the security situation in the east and south south has degenerated to this level,keep being proud of the inhumane tactics used to defeat biafra which actually killed more women and children,this is not 1960 and just so you know I am anti militants.The army should do everything in its power to apprehend the militants and not go after innocent citizens.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oweniwe(m): 11:52pm On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:

Nigeria had better focused it's energy on its economic problems, recession and many other challenges facing the country.

That is it...!!..

All the arms funds scandal nonsense that happened under GEJ Would have been avoided if there no boko haram.

GEJ said if not for boko haram, his government would have performed better...

Buhari wants fall into the same trap... The money they ought to use to build infrastructure, they want to use to fight senseless fight that will further cripple the country
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2016

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Shares His 2015 Quote On Facebook today / History Beckons As Buhari Sets To Unseat Jonathan - Leadership Newspaper / Osinbajo Commissions Calabar Monorail (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.