Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,133 members, 7,811,198 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:17 AM

Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me (36408 Views)

When Will Ethnic Bigotry In South East End? / Charles Ogbu Takes Joe Igbokwe To The Cleaners [MUST READ] / Joe Igbokwe Replies Nnamdi Kanu; This Is My Life Story, Let's Hear Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Dragonking: 9:44am On Jul 12, 2016
A lot of them are on nairaland, throwing hate speeches everyday against, ikwerre, ijaw, all nigerdeltans, Yoruba, hausas, middle belts even among themselves igbos they throw hate speeches.. .Thats the effect of Nnamdi kanu that has brainwashed them with hatred .. They will avoid this thread like a plague.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Ngozi123(f): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2016
Arise01:
Igbokwe is telling them the bitter truth but they cannot understand the handwritten on the wall, my Igbo brothers keep agitating for Biafra while lagos is building the biggest refinery in Africa that will give them stable power supply, employment opportunities for their teaming youths and also boost their economy.

That is good for Lagos and for Nigeria as a whole but what has this got to do with a people looking for self-determination? Lagos could become like Dubai overnight and the Igbos will still be clamouring to leave. This country is rotten to the core and Buhari, despite his supposed anti-corruption stance, is a part of it. If he really wanted to get rid of corruption then he'd ban both major parties due to their prolonged history of corruption; prohibit political parties from giving incentives to their supporters such as foodstuffs and money; introduce a system of transparency, where all government projects and expenditure are available to the public online so that Nigerians can see exactly how much money is being spent and exactly what/who it is being spent on. Also, conduct vigorous checks on EFCC, and other anti-corruption organisation, members and pay them good salaries with a solid pension plan so that they're not liable to corruption. Likewise, pay all civil servants, especially police officers, good salaries with a good pension plan to prevent them from asking for bribes etc. Last but not least, if he really wanted to reduce corruption then he'd strongly campaign for proper fiscal federalism as it'll give state governments more control and thus responsibility in their states.

Right now, there is this culture of "dash me" from the very top of the Nigerian political system right through to the bottom, the masses. This needs to change now- every state should learn to fend for itself. The fact that Buhari has done none of these things shows that he's not really out to get rid of corruption in Nigeria- just his political enemies. How anyone thought it was a good idea to elect a former military leader, who was forcibly kicked out of power, might I add, is completely beyond me.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by sukkot: 9:45am On Jul 12, 2016
RickyTan:

No, it is YALIBAKWE
grin grin
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by obailala(m): 9:45am On Jul 12, 2016
MasterJayJay:

Why did Buhari order security personnel to shoot unarmed biafra protesters? undecided I guess Bubu loves them very much.
Is that the reason behind the protest or an aftermath of the protest itself?... In my post you quoted, I was specifically referring to events which happened very well before the unfortunate cases of shooting protesters. Let's not try to twist this and make it look like the protests or the discontent is because of those shootings.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by superman(m): 9:46am On Jul 12, 2016
this idiot still talking

can he tell us a single country in the world human being get killed just for simply protesting peacefully

when i said country i dnt mean animal kingdom like Libya,Iraq, Pakistan and Nigeria

and the gworo chewer never said a word but the same gworo chewer is telling us the vampires that goes round the kwontury killing,raping and that are from Libya

Still on it, you have some northern states that established Sharia in the state as against Nigeria constitution and no body is saying anything

common common this man is the reason white people see blacks as monkeys and baboon

you blame them?
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Truly1: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2016
This is a nice treatise by John Ugbokwe. The Igbos should stop this their antagonistic approach to national issues and start seeing themselves as part and parcel of indivisible Nigeria. It is only then that other parts of the country can entrust them with power in future, they should henceforth stop their hate speech against other tribes and embrace sincere spirit of brotherhood and love. They should equally remember that the Yorubas have sacrificed a lot for them unless they have forgotten how the late Col. Adekunle Fajuyi - a Yoruba son, laid his life for their son late Gen Aguiy Ironsi! - and what of late Col. Banjo who even fought on the side of Biafra during the civil war and even right now some Igbos are holding political appointments in Lagos State, a Yoruba State, is this possible in Ibo land and I say capital NO.!
Love him or hate him, Joe Igbokwe has spoken to his people and he has spoken well and its left for his people to hearken to his clarion call! as no single tribe can hold the nation to ransom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by JimmySnow: 9:46am On Jul 12, 2016
I hope my generation will learn from the past and see the future..... This is not the time for hatred
Let us learn from ourselves no matter where you are from. I want a Nigeria where an Igbo president will construct road and brigdes in SW and where a Yoruba man can live in Anambra & marry Ngozi, where Chukwudi can become local government chairman in Lagos. This is possible with positive mind set and peaceful co-existence between Hausa, Yoruba & Ndigbo.... Learn from other tribal and copy the good part of them we shall be great. shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by elhafeez(m): 9:47am On Jul 12, 2016
when youruba People voted for PDP and Jonathan in thé past they were friends to the Igbos because they voted for PMB now they are enemies. i totaly agree what joe has written. the igbos are predictable we didnt expect you to react diffrently. when GEJ was président and they were enjoying juicy positions we didnt hear of IPOB. now they are shouting that they are maginalised. the likelyhood of Nigeria ever having an Igbo président is Zero. tell them to bring à candidate for presidency. they Will kill their selves and start branding each other as outcast. it might even go to thé SS but not south east. my advice is for them to change think positive. Ask thé yorubas what dis obasanjo do for thé southwest while hé was president. Your kinsman being president doesnt aléas translate to development. This is Nigeria. politicians care about thier pokets first

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by dangerousfingaz: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2016
I am an Igbo man. Nwafo Ngwa. You are truly on point. Most of our people have refused to move on. Our youths need to understand that we do not have creeks to run into neither do we have forest to hide. We are not bordered by other countries/nations. Ndi Igbo must understand her peculiarities, intelligently work with it to attain the greatest height. My brother, well written!! Please continue with the good work don't be deterred. Most people here will insult us nevertheless the truth will remain stark on our faces.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by SuperS1Panther: 9:48am On Jul 12, 2016
JimmySnow:
I hope my generation will learn from the past and see the future..... This is not the time for hatred
Let us learn from ourselves no matter where you are from. I want a Nigeria where an Igbo president will construct road and brigdes in SW and where a Yoruba man can live in Anambra & marry Ngozi, where Chukwudi can become local government chairman in Lagos. This is possible with positive mind set and peaceful co-existence between Hausa, Yoruba & Ndigbo.... Learn from other tribal and copy the good part of them we shall be great. shocked

In your dreams.

Such lofty and adorable dreams are not even realistic in Europe and US.

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by bilazego(m): 9:48am On Jul 12, 2016
Mr. Igbokwe, you once said that your family disowned you for comments on President Jonathan which were negative. why is that that APC cant stand critics? your adopted tribe hates the IBO and we hate them in return, they seize the slightest opportunity to abuse and and call us names and when we respond we are termed haters. No tribe runs their more than your adopted tribes men. I think you should address that first. We should be the least of your headaches.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Nobody: 9:52am On Jul 12, 2016

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by RZArecta(m): 9:53am On Jul 12, 2016
Guyman02:

[s]You can see your bigotry by mentioning Osu or trying to castigate your fellow Igbos, who is osu in Igboland in 2016? Those you refer as Osu are better than you in most instances. Dont be a bigot, there is no more osu in Igboland.
Its people like you who are overtly passionate and lose sense of simple reasoning that he is referring to; can you actually have a Biafra where some are referred to as Osu or you want a Biafra like South Sudan that won independence from Arabs but started infighting because they Nuer and Dimka started saying that one party was a servant to the other and now there is internal war among themselves and the independence they got is becoming more of a problem.[/s]
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by fombadi: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2016
While some of them are engaged in meaningful employment, many of them are unemployed. They have become economic refugees and cultural savages. They have formed an association of hate preachers and wailing bigots. They have through actions and deeds created millions of enemies for Ndigbo in Nigeria while they waste their precious gift of time abroad doing nothing.

1)cultural savages
2)through action and deeds created millions of enemies for Ndigbo

Some Igbos still have common sense, not all of them lost their self worth and only feel worthy from claiming affiliation with another tribes.

DROP MIC cool

6 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by MasterJayJay: 9:53am On Jul 12, 2016
SuperS1Panther:

Unarmed protesters gathered under the auspices of Ipob that its leadership have been actively preaching hate, genocide and war.

Fraternising with such evil group mean you ar in support o their cause and must be treated as an enemy of the state and law&order must be restored by all means and at all costs.

Unarmed protesters shot at police.

Unarmed protesters killed police.

Unarmed Ipob was preaching and inciting genocide.

Unarmed Ipob was threatening war against a Sovereign state publicly.

What is now the difference between Ipob and Basque?
Ok, let the genocide under Bubu keep going on. IPOB were praying in a field and police + army came and shot at them in Aba.

According to you, IPOB preaches violence while Buhari practices violence.

I am done. Bye bye
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Nobody: 9:54am On Jul 12, 2016
Arise01:
Igbokwe is telling them the bitter truth but they cannot understand the handwritten on the wall, my Igbo brothers keep agitating for Biafra while lagos is building the biggest refinery in Africa that will give them stable power supply, employment opportunities for their teaming youths and also boost their economy.
I just hope after we've strategically build our economy by attracting investment. the won't come with their bigoted head in mass heading to the south west to better their lives.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by RZArecta(m): 9:54am On Jul 12, 2016
amagunnerfan:
[s]You lot hate the truth. And you chest beating has achieved you absolutely nothing. Continue in your folly[/s].
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Okeikpu(m): 9:56am On Jul 12, 2016
ConqueredWest:
The juju Tinubu prepared for Buhari is toooooo strong to the point that the SE Efulefus and SW Afonjas are defending Buhari while he

NORTHENIZE and ISLAMIZE Nigeria. angry
THOSE ONUKUS FROM SE N THE AFOANU' FROM SW BAFFLES ME DS DAYS
WHAT'S REALLY GOING ON cry

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by bilazego(m): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2016
gwales:
your insults and hate started even before his swearing in. One would have no option but to think that Buhari's crime is that you people knew that he would stop corruption

You people talk as if the ibos were the beneficiaries of the corrupted system in Nigeria . How many ibos are among those arrested or standing trial for corruption today?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by uzzzy(f): 9:57am On Jul 12, 2016
Keep on saying the truth Sir, our people have resorted to hate speeches nd abuses instead of following civilized procedures for finding solutions.
Most times they sound very confused and hopeless, that u begin to wonder what they really want, is it that they want :GEJ, PDP, Biafra or a better Nigeria?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by superman(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2016
moving on over what? what do they mean

Today in

america

london

the allies still remember their world heros that fought for their so called Liberty

and the Jews do the same
but when it comes for the people of the SUN the yoruba with their hausa master get rattled

and we get blamed! spit on the floor and what a kwontry

These are thing that bond us as a people with one drive,goal and development and you are seriously telling us this kontry aint sick

Therefore it is not surprising when you heard some people saying that only the super eagles bond us as a people

so the idiot igbokwe it means we are simply not one people!

The evidence is overwhelming and should be respected
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by MrEverest(m): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2016
I have never seen a more shameless bast.ard than this useless efulefu who calls himself joe igbokwe!! This foo.l is only trying so hard to justify his hatchet job at the expense of his supposed people. Even the yorubas that are using this brainless maggot, will be laughing at him behind closed doors! It is very obvious that this is Tinubu's script but joe igbokwe's voice!! A modern day Esau. With such person as brother, we dont need outside enemy. What effrontry & guts in making sweeping insults against a race, ****

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by obailala(m): 9:59am On Jul 12, 2016
RichYoungNigga:

Well, what do we benefit if Obasanjo or Abacha is the president ??
Deny that we miss the billions of dollars we use to get from GEJ ??

What a joke
But at least you now agree with me that Igbos gave a Bleep about who rules Nigeria?... It all started with GEJ sharing billions to his close allies of which a good number were Igbos. But the real question is, after those billions which were shared to INDIVIDUALS, how did it change the fortunes of the entire SE zone?... Let us for once put some wisdom into this; how did those billions transform the lives of the common man?... After oil prices crashed and GEJ left power, what do we have to show for those billions which flowed?... No roads fixed, no bridges built (2NB was only started at the tail end to hoodwink voters), no seaports built, the PH airport was left to rot because of a simple feud with Amaechi, the Enugu airport, even though a new befitting terminal was built, the funds meant for the refurbishment and expansion of the pothole ridden runway was embezzled etc. But today, we still jump around shouting GEJ and giving ourselves unnecessary high BP over GEJ's outster. Courtesy of Mazi Kanu, millions of Igbo youths have now been brainwashed to believe that they have to hate other tribes (especially those tribes that were instrumental to the removal of GEJ) as the only way to progress. Some people now take it upon themselves to wish all sorts of evil upon themselves and the country because they believe it affords them the opportunity to abuse or punish buhari. How did we get to this level?

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Scholes007(m): 10:00am On Jul 12, 2016
This 2 odd years is going to be hell on earth for the Igbos, so we have to braze up for that.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by kennethik: 10:00am On Jul 12, 2016
Mr Joe Igbokwe has a vital point,I don't really know what is wrong with our people igbos,like he rightly said ignorance should not be a virtue and our mental darkness will not allow most of us to think straight am just quoting him ooo

1 Like

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by SuperS1Panther: 10:00am On Jul 12, 2016
MasterJayJay:

Ok, let the genocide under Bubu keep going on. IPOB were praying in a field and police + army came and shot at them in Aba.

According to you IPOB preaches violence, but Buhari pratices violence.

I am done. Bye bye

For every action there must be a reaction. Action begats reaction.

Ipob threatened the peace of a sovereignty and the Nigerian State simply enforced law and order, in reaction to Ipob' actions.

If Ipob wants to be heard, they should e take over all elective posts in SE. They should go to the floor of National Assembly to demand f secession by sponsoring a Bill for it.

Before such is achieve all illegal gatherings against the state borne out of hatred and genocide inciting gospels whether on the field, in the air or under the water must be crushed.

We are in the 21st century, campaigning for the cause must be civil, intellectual, highly cerebral and peaceful. A slight deviation from those is a tacit invitation to anarchy and such must not be condone within any sovereignty.

Have a nice day.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by aguone(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2016
[present a better argument or counter this piece with a reasonable argument and stop calling him names. After all he may be more 'Igbo' than you. uote author=RZArecta post=47450943]Joe Igbokwe confirming his efulefu status everyday. If not that he's from a very prominent family, I would have asserted that he's an osu but then again[/quote]
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by ify84(m): 10:01am On Jul 12, 2016
Joe Igbokwe, the head and leader of all efulefus from Igbo land...

2 Likes

Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by Decryptor(m): 10:02am On Jul 12, 2016
Arise01:

You are a joker! Oil prices has crashed whereby making it a less desirable commodity. Stop celebrating mediocrity!
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by JimmySnow: 10:03am On Jul 12, 2016
Lack of foresight,,,,the beginning of blindness
SuperS1Panther:

In your dreams.

Such lofty and adorable dreams are not even realistic in Europe and US.
Re: Joe Igbokwe: Igbo Ethnic Bigotry And Hate Campaign Worry Me by emenideen(m): 10:04am On Jul 12, 2016
I like and understand the spirit of Joe's write up. But it's just putting d cart b4 d horse.
A grave injustice was done to a ppl(the Igbos) because of a bloody coup led by a few soldiers who r of its ethnicity. It led to a bloodier war and grave injustice done to d Igbos after d war. The status quo by and large has remained. And Joe wants us to forget and move on. We've moved on but forgetting is not in our hands.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Binta Garba And Idris Ahmed Fight Over APC Senatorial Ticket (VIDEO) / Atiku Promises To Support Wike For President In 2027 / Wike Calls For Amaechi’s Arrest, PM News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.