Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk (16869 Views)

The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Seven Classes Of Bachelors In Nigeria / What No-one Ever Tells Us Is That Relationships Are Hard Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2009
Negro_Ntns:

Much respect to the poster. . .but this conclusion is ambigous. Responsibility is a value but on this one issue, what dimension or measure of that value is adequate would be subjective. Can someone please help nail down what a "Responsible Bachelor" should look, smell, taste and sound like?

A man of his word. He doesn't say what he cannot do. He doesn't boast by what he doesn't have.
Someone who will never take pride in being a "player" aka male prostitute or derives pleasure in being the socalled puerile description---> "bad boy".
Neither should the friends he keeps be the kind that pats him on the back because he's leading a string of girlfriends along.
He's focused (knows what he wants out of life and not easily swayed by the latest fads just to feel "among"wink and literate not only in terms of education but of the mind and soul which translates into him having a good heart.
And most important he's family oriented.

That's a responsible man to me. tongue
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 21, 2009
well responsible chics are even harder to come by.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 11:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
So who's a responsible chic to you?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Shola2009(m): 11:58pm On Oct 21, 2009
^^
A woman of her word. sHe doesn't say what she cannot do. sHe doesn't boast by what she doesn't have.
Someone who will never take pride in being a "player" aka female prostitute or derives pleasure in being the socalled puerile description---> "bad girl".
Neither should the friends she keeps be the kind that pats her on the back because she's leading a string of boifriends along.
sHe's focused (knows what she wants out of life and not easily swayed by the latest fads just to feel "among"wink and literate not only in terms of education but of the mind and soul which translates into her having a good heart.
And most important she's family oriented.

That's a responsible woman to me. tongue grin grin
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by chic2pimp(m): 12:23am On Oct 22, 2009
Shola2009:

^^
A woman of her word. sHe doesn't say what she cannot do. sHe doesn't boast by what she doesn't have.
Someone who will never take pride in being a "player" aka female prostitute or derives pleasure in being the socalled puerile description---> "bad girl".
Neither should the friends she keeps be the kind that pats her on the back because she's leading a string of boifriends along.
sHe's focused (knows what she wants out of life and not easily swayed by the latest fads just to feel "among"wink and literate not only in terms of education but of the mind and soul which translates into her having a good heart.
And most important she's family oriented.

That's a responsible woman to me. tongue grin grin
ROFLMAO grin grin grin grin

davidylan:

Omo You hit the nail on the head.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 22, 2009
See this copycat o. Roflmao! cheesy
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by chika98: 12:28am On Oct 22, 2009
Finding a good man these days is like a needle in a haystack! Some of us have given up on the whole thing. It is such a shame at the amount of men that are willing to run around and play little games. Also, at the women who enable them do so. I don comot my hand for the whole thing.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by chic2pimp(m): 4:32am On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ Same applies to women wink cool
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Pharoh: 6:54am On Oct 22, 2009
chika98:

Finding a good man these days is like a needle in a haystack! Some of us have given up on the whole thing. It is such a shame at the amount of men that are willing to run around and play little games. Also, at the women who enable them do so. I don comot my hand for the whole thing.

Can you try to be specific? Good man or Good Nigerian Man? smiley

chic2pimp:

^^^^ Same applies to women wink cool

They won't accept or believe that or did you see anyone of them here throwing the blame at themselves? No they just like to play the victim part and forgeting that you have to remove the bug in your eyes first before you can clearly blame the men otherwise they are just missing the main point.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 9:01am On Oct 22, 2009
Me thinks the OP is spot on. But let me say what he forgot to add: Most so called responsible girls here have a major attitude that just drives them down the pecking order when a naija guy is choosing whom to date. Very few naija guys will tolerate from a naija woman, the kind of life that white women subject their men to.
Its the same reason why naija guys in the UK flood naija when its time to pick a bride, its that naijaness in us that just wont stoop that low. As a bachelor, i do my own stuff, heck! I may spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking just a pot of stew and a pot of soup, but i still cook my own food - and only cos i have to do that to survive. . . It would be a totally different story if i was married today - my affair with the kitchen would all but be over.
Unfortunately, our girls change when they come over here, they forget how they woke up every morning in naija to sweep the house and clean. . . and although you'll probably have to use a hoover and washing machine to do that here, the laziness just takes over.

I was embarrassed for a naija man on the train the other day, he was screaming at the top of his voice on the phone, asking his wife to get off her lazy butt and make some food for herself. The nature of his job means he is not always at home, but his wife refuses to eat the eba or rice she used to eat at home if it is not nandos rice or kfc chicken. . . The man was speaking in yoruba so loudly that people were angry, only to start apologising for his outburst and narrating to the people around him that his wife is giving him hell when she was sorrounded by uncooked food. . . I wondered what sort of impression that would give.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 22, 2009
I can see the Naija bachelors in jand defending themselves with all they've got!! LOL! cheesy cheesy
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by debest1(m): 9:26am On Oct 22, 2009
What does the poster mean by "Responsible men in UK"? As if the problem is only peculiar to UK. Whitelexi has actually stolen my thunder in that the problem lies in how naija women are soon transformed the moment they enter jand, besides the fact that some (and that is just being nice) have very little home training, cant cook, dont have a clue about domestics have no identity whatsoever, its kinda hard for ppl like me to settle down with such a person hence most guys tend to resort to naija for wifey material.
While, i agree some naija guys in UK are nothing short of "useless", the same can be said of guys back home, so one just have to "open eye" well well to find the good ones. Ultimately, most of these girls get what they deserve,
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 22, 2009
debest1:

What does the poster mean by "Responsible men in UK"? As if the problem is only peculiar to UK. Whitelexi has actually stolen my thunder in that the problem lies in how naija women are soon transformed the moment they enter jand, besides the fact that some (and that is just being nice) have very little home training, cant cook, dont have a clue about domestics have no identity whatsoever, its kinda hard for ppl like me to settle down with such a person hence most guys tend to resort to naija for wifey material.
While, i agree some naija guys in UK are nothing short of "useless", the same can be said of guys back home, so one just have to "open eye" well well to find the good ones. Ultimately, most of these girls get what they deserve,

*rooooolz eyez*
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by tboy1(m): 9:33am On Oct 22, 2009
debest1:

While, i agree some naija guys in UK are nothing short of "useless", the same can be said of guys back home, so one just have to "open eye" well well to find the good ones. Ultimately, most of these girls get what they deserve
They are worse back home cool
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by debest1(m): 9:34am On Oct 22, 2009
tboy1:

They are worse back home cool
not in my village, they are very docile, cool cool
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 9:37am On Oct 22, 2009
Ujujoan:

I can see the Naija bachelors in jand defending themselves with all they've got!! LOL! cheesy cheesy

Did u expect us to lie on our backs and ignore stuff like this when it directly concerns us? No? Good. cool
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by tboy1(m): 9:42am On Oct 22, 2009
debest1:

not in my village, they are very docile,  cool cool
What the name of your village(with directions abeg) I have a couple of female friends looking for husbands including one who recently got divorced after 8 months of marriage
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by debest1(m): 9:46am On Oct 22, 2009
tboy1:

What the name of your village(with directions abeg) I have a couple of female friends looking for husbands including one who recently got divorced after 8 months of marriage
cant tell u until ive married my full quota of 4 wives, then u guys can have your turn, wink
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by r231(m): 10:41am On Oct 22, 2009
davidylan:

true
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by newdeal(m): 10:53am On Oct 22, 2009
Me thinks the OP is spot on. But let me say what he forgot to add: Most so called responsible girls here have a major attitude that just drives them down the pecking order when a naija guy is choosing whom to date. Very few naija guys will tolerate from a naija woman, the kind of life that white women subject their men to.
Its the same reason why naija guys in the UK flood naija when its time to pick a bride, its that naijaness in us that just wont stoop that low. As a bachelor, i do my own stuff, heck! I may spend the whole day in the kitchen cooking just a pot of stew and a pot of soup, but i still cook my own food - and only cos i have to do that to survive. . . It would be a totally different story if i was married today - my affair with the kitchen would all but be over.
Unfortunately, our girls change when they come over here, they forget how they woke up every morning in naija to sweep the house and clean. . . and although you'll probably have to use a hoover and washing machine to do that here, the laziness just takes over.

I was embarrassed for a naija man on the train the other day, he was screaming at the top of his voice on the phone, asking his wife to get off her lazy butt and make some food for herself. The nature of his job means he is not always at home, but his wife refuses to eat the eba or rice she used to eat at home if it is not nandos rice or kfc chicken. . . The man was speaking in yoruba so loudly that people were angry, only to start apologising for his outburst and narrating to the people around him that his wife is giving him hell when she was sorrounded by uncooked food. . . I wondered what sort of impression that would give.

Very correct and a further dimension to the issue at hand!
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 11:40am On Oct 22, 2009
newdeal:

Very correct and a further dimension to the issue at hand!

The truth is the serious minded girls here work and live that corporate life that many dream of. . .  They drive and can afford literally anything they really want [Although they'll prefer u to buy it for them] grin
But with this self sufficiency, comes a pattern of self delusion and gross neglect when they get into a relationship. I dunno whether it feels like they're talking to their subordinates in the office when they talk to their boyfriends. . .  There is no respect, and any conversation turns into a challenge - always reeking of that "I cant be bothered" tone and attitude.

I wont be surprised if most naija guys in jand end up eating out with their girlfriends each time they visit the girls. Personally, we can decide to meet outside on a date and eat out, but when you come to my house, u go chop my cooking grin just so u know that i can cook and it wont be a big deal in future if we end up together grin grin grin  It truly is a sad situation and is often under-estimated.
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by goodness85: 12:07pm On Oct 22, 2009
Men are same thing. but there are still responsible once and they are easy to know if the lasy is very sensitive and if she is not in haste.

visit www.perfectsdate..com for real tips on dating
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 2:24pm On Oct 22, 2009
goodness85:

Men are same thing. but there are still responsible once and they are easy to know if the lasy is very sensitive and if she is not in haste.

visit www.perfectsdate..com for real tips on dating

I find the highlighted words very needlessly reckless and brutally thoughtless
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 22, 2009
whitelexi:

[b]The truth is the serious minded girls here work and live that corporate life that many dream of. . .  They drive and can afford literally anything they really want[b] [Although they'll prefer u to buy it for them] grin
But with this self sufficiency, comes a pattern of self delusion and gross neglect when they get into a relationship. I dunno whether it feels like they're talking to their subordinates in the office when they talk to their boyfriends. . .  There is no respect, and any conversation turns into a challenge - always reeking of that "I cant be bothered" tone and attitude.

I wont be surprised if most naija guys in jand end up eating out with their girlfriends each time they visit the girls. Personally, we can decide to meet outside on a date and eat out, but when you come to my house, u go chop my cooking grin just so u know that i can cook and it wont be a big deal in future if we end up together grin grin grin  It truly is a sad situation and is often under-estimated.

Are you seriously suggesting that it's only in jand you find such girls    undecided
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 2:26pm On Oct 22, 2009
whitelexi:

I find the highlighted words very needlessly reckless and brutally thoughtless

Taking this a lil bit personal . .  aint u hon?
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 2:32pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ujujoan:

Taking this a lil bit personal . . aint u hon?

How can she say all men are same thing?

All men are equal, but some are still more equal than the others. . . Period!

That aside, now that you're here, abeg give me some TLC kiss kiss kiss
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 2:36pm On Oct 22, 2009
^^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

cheesy cheesy
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by debest1(m): 2:37pm On Oct 22, 2009
whitelexi:

How can she say all men are same thing?

All men are equal, but some are still more equal than the others. . . Period!

That aside, now that you're here, abeg give me some TLC kiss kiss kiss
gbam, nice move my guy, at least show her sey jand guys no be all mouth grin grin
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 22, 2009
debest1:

gbam, nice move my guy, at least show her sey jand guys no be all mouth grin grin

*roooooooolz eyez*
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by whitelexi(m): 2:53pm On Oct 22, 2009
Ujujoan:

^^^^ kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

cheesy cheesy

Geee, thanks boo wink wink smiley

Dont worry, i don kool down.

But i was never under pressure. . .

See, 'em Vs me, is like cats Vs a pitbull grin
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2009
whitelexi:

Geee, thanks boo wink wink smiley

Dont worry, i don kool down.

But i was never under pressure. . .

See, 'em Vs me, is like cats Vs a pitbull grin

LOL

Good to know! wink cheesy
Re: Responsible Bachelors Are Hard To Come By In Uk by joxiri: 4:05pm On Oct 22, 2009
Well in my opinion I think there a lot of women in the uk very beautiful ones as well, hence men are very picky and might not be too keen on nigerian girls educated or not,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Battle Of The Beauties!! Top21 Most Beautiful Nairalanders That Are Stunners!!! / Man Exposes Lagos Big Girl With Smelly Vagina - See Funny Things He Wrote / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.