Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,773 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" (15624 Views)

Top 5 Lies Women Tell In Relationships / The 7 Biggest Lies Women Tell Men About Sex / Lies Women Tell To Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
obiorathesubtle:
grin

One day, you would understand it's not about showing strength and kicking him in the balls or storming out of the house because he cheated..

If you're strong and have a high self worth, as you have chosen to see it.. You're more likely to land a faithful partner..

But when you let your greed and what you think you know, block your eyes when accepting the marriage proposal, all that tendency to land a faithful partner has been thrown out the window.
. cheesy
thats all I've been trying to force into their blocked heads
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Cutehector(m): 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
And the argument continues...

Well, it's hard to tolerate a cheating spouse and it's harder to opt for divorce.. There are ups and downs in marriages and these ups and downs can come in various forms

The way these Nairaland ladies talk about divorce at any slight provocation ehn, I tire ooooo cheesy
lol just pray that you don't marry any of their kind... Always test the extent at which a lady can act in anger before you say I do

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by vedah: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
AfroSamurai:
What about you working if he's jobless and you giving him the respect he deserve?

You should know who you prefer. I'm not the one to tell you. Like I said, it's easy to talk but very hard to take action. This I know.
That makes me a good wife, giving him the respect in times of trouble. At least, I'm not using his present situation to ridicule him. I know its hard to take actions. If my husband cheats, depending on the circumstances, I may likely stick to the marriage.
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:24pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
lol soon u go geh belle
Na you go gimme? grin
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by obiorathesubtle: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
professorfal:
SPECIAL APPEARANCE obiorathesubtle
cheesy

Odogwu
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by sirusX(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
kimbra:
Have seen the movie like twice. That's a one woman's marital issue. Our problems are different so they require different approach. You don't subject all marriages to one person's experience.
Cheating in a relationship was the initial talk...my reason for the reference

But I do understand your motive behind "different approach", but that's where personality comes in.

So, how do you handle issues??

While some people might be open to communication and willing to forgive, other take the high road and veer off marriage bond

It takes a person knowing their limits to issues/problems in a relationship, and solving it in their own way

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
EmperorLee:

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.

Lawlahdey ooooooo shocked shocked shocked

Call savagefinder quicquic cheesy grin
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Cutehector(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Na you go gimme? grin
yes, with all pleasure .. wink
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by EmperorLee(m): 3:26pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aderola15:

Meet us in church tonight, you'll understand big head. tongue

Ahbi Emperor lee, kilo feel? wink

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD ! ... I will say, “Peace be within you!”

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mizk:
you're contradicting yourself, go back and read what i wrote slowly, and save the imbecilic advise for yourself
Don't try going offensive with me, Missy.
I am not contradicting myself, you only have zero comprehension capability.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by obiorathesubtle: 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mizk:
thats all I've been trying to force into their blocked heads
cheesy

And they've also been trying to make you understand the first paragraph too.. With a little thing added ontop..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by tosyne2much(m): 3:27pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
lol just pray that you don't marry any of their kind... Always test the extent at which a lady can act in anger before you say I do
They're only suffering from childishness and the spirit of aggradizement

If he does this, dump him, if he does that, dump him.. These people are still kids sha .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
kimbra:
That was savage!. grin

very savage and below the belt grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aderola15:

Meet us in church tonight, you'll understand big head. tongue

Ahbi Emperorlee, kilo feel? wink
Church isn't for me.
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by professorfal: 3:29pm On Mar 10, 2017
obiorathesubtle:
cheesy

Odogwu

alhaji soft money, I hail thee.

make you dey form relationship expert, marry you no gree, give woman belle you no do
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
yes, with all pleasure .. wink
I no want. undecided undecided
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nogodye(m): 3:30pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aderola15:
Iyamm seeing it on his behalf grin wink

grin So you gon' give her out to omo ibadan...
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Cutehector(m): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
They're only suffering from childishness and the spirit of aggradizememt
its very obvious.. They are not exposed to real life worse case scenarios.. Scenarios where men have dumped 7yrs of rship or more.. Where men will love and cherish their wives to a fault and she says he isn't good in bed and cheats on him, where women have left their men due to financial constraints..
Where the man is far way at sea or rig for three months without his family and his wife gets so tempted to the point of cheating on him.. Where husbands and wives have caught each other cheating yet still forgave themselves...

These small girls just come in here to showcase their inexperience . well I wish them well in life

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
EmperorLee:

I was glad when they said to me, “Let us go to the house of the LORD ! ... I will say, “Peace be within you!”
Haaaaaaaa grin cheesy

Ori mi wu
Ori mi scatter
Ori mi dun gboin gboin gboin gboin gboin
Kilo mori mi wu... tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
sirusX:

Cheating in a relationship was the initial talk...my reason for the reference

But I do understand your motive behind "different approach", but that's where personality comes in.

So, how do you handle issues??

While some people might be open to communication and willing to forgive, other take the high road and veer off marriage bond

It takes a person knowing their limits to issues/problems in a relationship, and solving it in their own way
You still arrived at my point. You men should know there's a limit to anything one could tolerate.
EmperorLee:

We do, however, speak a message of wisdom among the mature, but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.
Err...I'll act like I understand.
Bless you, brethren. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Twaci(f): 3:31pm On Mar 10, 2017
Laveda:

angry Imagine what they want us to tolerate..

grin he didn't even get it.
He would, he's not as crazy as we are cheesy
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by obiorathesubtle: 3:32pm On Mar 10, 2017
professorfal:

alhaji soft money, I hail thee.

make you dey form relationship expert, marry you no gree, give woman belle you no do
grin grin grin grin

My brother..

There's a time for everything under the sun, and to everything there's a season..

I don marry oh.. I get 5 wives now.. But I never dy impregnate them..

I still dy on fertility booster meds..

So that.. Once I start to dy plant my seed into my numerous wives.. Na quadruplets dem go dy born at once..

I'm a blessed man.. I need to have many children.

For I am Alhaji soft money.. cool

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Church isn't for me.
Who is she talking to? sad

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by professorfal: 3:33pm On Mar 10, 2017
camera on the spectators..............

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shortyy:

As you fine laidis u come name yourself efulefu? chai
dont mind dem kimbra and co wey give me d name grin.dem say the name is sexy for me grin.anyway i like the way u dey shoot dem ur missiles cheesy.slaying them all the way cheesy

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:35pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nogodye:

grin So you gon' give her out to omo ibadan...
Have given her out to him already na grin wink
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Don't try going offensive with me, Missy.
I am not contradicting myself, you only have zero comprehension capability.
you're the one having problems with comprehension, i don't agree with your opinions because i wasn't brought up that way, stop forcing me to be loose and morally depraved, na by force? if you can't read and understand its not my problem, its your problem, I'm done replying you abeg, I've 101 things to worry about and you're not even a thing

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by tosyne2much(m): 3:38pm On Mar 10, 2017
Cutehector:
its very obvious.. They are not exposed to real life worse case scenarios.. Scenarios where men have dumped 7yrs of rship or more.. Where men will love and cherish their wives to a fault and she says he isn't good in bed and cheats on him, where women have left their men due to financial constraints..

These small girls just come in here to showcase their inexperience . well I wish them well in life
Yes you're very much on point.. Most of them are living in the europhia of fairytales and the Nollywood/ Phillipines movies they watch cheesy

The truth is, marriage is not as smooth as these Nairaland ladies watch in movies.. Ladies who are able to tolerate poo and endure are actually the ones enjoying their marriages. . If you're a lady and you still exhibit the character "I don't take nonsense from any man", you're not yet matured for marriage because you will only end up in miserable marriages and will keep changing husbands like bathroom slippers.

That was how a lady was telling me last month that she wouldn't take poo from her mother-in-law nor sisters-in-law when she marries, and that she will give them hot any time any day they provoke her.. I just looked at her and shook my head at her ignorance

This keep me wondering the mentality ladies carry into their marriages

7 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nogodye(m): 3:39pm On Mar 10, 2017
Aderola15:
Have given her out to him already na grin wink

cheesy can this be true? let hear from the horse mouth... Lawlahdey!
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 3:40pm On Mar 10, 2017
tosyne2much:
Yes you're very much on point.. Most of them are living in their europhia of fairytales and Nollywood movies cheesy

The truth is, marriage is not as smooth as these Nairaland ladies think.. Ladies who are able to tolerate poo are actually the ones enjoying their marriage.. All these ones shouting "I don't take nonsense from any man" will only end up in miserable marriages

That was how a lady was telling me last month that she wouldn't take poo from her mother-in-law and sisters-in-law when she marries.. I just looked at her and shook my head at her ignorance
what you sow you shall reap, i pray you also marry a wife who'd not only cheat but flaunt it to your very face, and guess what, i expect you to be quiet about it and act like its normal, and your family will be a very happy family
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2017
lefulefu:

dont mind dem kimbra and co wey give me d name grin.dem say the name is sexy for me grin.anyway i like the way u dey shoot dem ur missiles cheesy.slaying them all the way cheesy
That reminds me. Why should you give yourself "Efulefu", I saw that name on "Things Fall Apart" and it meant a "Worthless person" as was used to describe the Christian Missionaries and their converts. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

90 Years Old Woman Marries Again (how Possible) / My Friend Keeps Getting Erections Around Me / Love Story (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.