Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,103 members, 7,814,873 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" (15501 Views)

Top 5 Lies Women Tell In Relationships / The 7 Biggest Lies Women Tell Men About Sex / Lies Women Tell To Themselves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 1:45pm On Mar 10, 2017
We're in a world where good morals and values mean nothing anymore, those morals have been thrown to the dogs and trampled upon by warthogs, theres a belief that the kind of upbringing you have determines the way you see life,

where i come from, theres no excuse for cheating, and cheating outside marriage is highly considered as an abomination, because it can kill your partner, i dont want to go into details but what they preach is, never overlook any act of infidelity for any reason,

If lesser animals like the penguin can stay faithful to one partner, i believe a human being can do more than that, anyone who chooses to cheat is highly aware of the consequences and how it'd affect his partner, he could change his mind after seeing the constant reminder of his marriage on his fingers, but he still went ahead anyways, it means he doesn't hold you in high esteem like you hold him, which isn't fair, and your feelings dont matter.

Contrary to the crazy idea that every woman should go into marriage with the mindset that cheating is ok,

Cheating in marriage is not in the DNA of everyone, some people can stay faithful in marriage, some people respect the sacred oath they took before putting the ring on it,

Many marriages stood the test of time, it all depends on the love existing between the two people involved.

Lets use the case of olu jacobs and joke silva as a case study, though no one is perfect and there's no marriage without its own up and down, they kept thier challenges away from public eyes, they don't wash thier dirty linens in public, and such is facilitated through communication, when you're partner goes astray, its your duty as the wife to put him right back on track, mutual understanding, selflessness, seeing your partner as your other half, which means treat her the way you'd treat yourself, believe me, if olu jacob cheated, we'd find out, it cant be hidden, and from the way they behave towards each other, its obvious theres no extra marital affairs in thier marriage, because the moment you start cheating, it creates a dent in your relationship, that feeling of insecurity, always suspecting each other, tension, doubts will creep in and that marks the start of a broken home.

They're alot of successful celebrity marriages out there, 2 face and Annie ididbia, mercy Johnson, omotola jalade ekehinde and captain ekehinde to mention but a few, they all have something in common, happiness, love, and they really wanted to get married, not all this desperate marriages, or marriage for material gains or because you want to bear the title "mrs".

Thats why as a lady you shouldn't settle for less, cheating shouldn't be tolerated for any reason, the more he cheats and you overlook it, the more he takes you for granted, he'll believe that you'd stay as usual no matter what he does, because you're making a silly sacrifice to keep your marriage,

He's aware of all the commitments of a marriage before he said i do, as an adult he's supposed to be responsible for his actions, for him to overlook something as tangible and sacred as a marriage vow and cheat for any reason, it means little things don't matter to him,

Any man who cheats sees his wife as an option, your problems are no longer his top priority, the lady(concubine) becomes a third party in your marriage, his attitude will change and he gets angry over little things, that hate and resentment will keep pouring in and he hits you at the slightest provocation, gradually it becomes an abusive marriage, and gradually he starts maltreating you and your kids, and you could loose your life, even God understands, you cant stay in an abusive relationship,

You don't have to force yourself on someone at the expense of your life just because you want to keep him,

When they realize that you are always ready to suck it up when they pee directly on your face, they'll keep doing it because as usual you'd suck it up,

Sit yourself down and ponder how would he feel if you were the one who cheated, i bet he'd be infuriated, i don't think a man can overlook a cheating wife, it has never happened before, so why will you being the wife overlook it,

They'd say you being the wife should stay because it'll you have nothing to loose and because of your kids, I am telling you that you have alot to loose, your life, your peace which everyone deserves, its the 21st century, and that is modern day slavery, so walk out before you loose your life,

Dont fight to keep him if he's bot doing the same, if you're not a cheater, dont expect cheating from your partner, NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS.

24 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Divay22(f): 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
I'll be right back
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Gflat: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2017
Bull I find this thread Inane and an avenue to instigate unnecessary brouhaha

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 1:47pm On Mar 10, 2017
Make I go chop fess
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by mazizitonene(m): 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
quite unnecessary......

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by vedah: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Its a beautiful counter threadkiss

We can't embrace cheating. It is morally wrong.

4 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by babyfaceafrica: 1:49pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lolz...1. Too many generalizations.. Who told you there are no men that have caught their wife cheating and have not forgiven her and moved on..the problem with ladies is whenever it happens they dramatize it case study... Tonto and tiwa.....if you catch you hubby cheating and you cannot forgive him...divorce and stop blabbing to gain sympathy.

2.Let us face the reality,true love is rare,so what happen nowadays is that people get married for selfish reasons.men get married for citizenship ,because of boobs and butts(full of poo),cause of money e.t.c),ladies get married because of money, companionship, handsome face(WTF),pity,British and american permament stay.Most marriages are based on illusions.ladies now judge men bases in telemundo and fictituos story lines.the reality is that you have to make your marriage succeed based on reality and that is where lawlahdey is right

3.I have no pity for the likes of Tonto and tiwa savage,their marriage is based of falsehood and deciet.

Why do you think the likes of olu jacabs and RMD have been scandal-free ,it is simply because they have both decided not to put their marriages in the eyes of the likes public and not make their marriage a drama series.No marriage is trouble-free...cheating is real and it is everywhere... I will end my epistle by saying whoever sleeps with a married man or woman ,the person that will sleep with his or her spouse is doing junior waec

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 1:52pm On Mar 10, 2017
To the OP, the only part I want to address is the part where you said Olu Jacobs has never cheated on Joke silva.
How do you know this? Because Joke Silva hasn't come on social media to announce it? We don't know anything about the challenges of her marriage, we don't know how much she endures. We only know that they have a happy marriage and we all wish for the same. Joke silva is a virtuous woman, do not use her as a comparism for the silly girls of this generation.

And just because it looks like most of us lack simple comprehension skills, i'll explain my post again in simpler words.

No man should cheat if it can be avoided. But, it's barely avoidable in this century. So, if your man cheats and you can't forgive him and endure, then walk the hell outta the marriage.
Those who you see happy are those who endured. But if you can't,no one is holding you.

Reality check: Forget feminism and all, it really is a MAN'S world and men are predators by nature, they prey on available females.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by McBrooklyn(m): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
shocked
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 1:53pm On Mar 10, 2017
its not for dull minds cool

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by royalmoron: 1:54pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Aderola15, cuman read :- embarassed
I can't get one koko from the post, maybe you will get? embarassed
Mizk:
Lawlahdey:
Are you bitches afraid to use quote?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
The fact remain people cheat in relationships. It's your choice to either walk out of such relationships or stick to it.

It's not a do or die thing smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 1:55pm On Mar 10, 2017
royalmoron:
Swerve, uncle.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
Lawlahdey:
Make ah book space first. grin

You must shine and you must shine, nobody can stop your shine Lola. *In Sade's voice* kiss grin

So I'm done but I won't waste my time typing what lots of them will find very hard to comprehend or misinterpret like they did on your thread.

Guys will cheat, ladies too won't stop. Yeskeh, better get used to that now and stopping deceiving your destiny.

Now what I'm saying is instead of jumping around screaming how your husband wouldn't cheat on your silly arse or how you will kick him out if he does, like that's even possible. Have it at the back of your mind that no one is infallible. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Mizk(f): 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2017
royalmoron:
refrain from using the word b!tch when quoting me, and hey I'm never scared of anything, and i never attack first
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by AfroSamurai: 1:57pm On Mar 10, 2017
LMFAO!
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Misypee(f): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
Wao shocked i cant tell between the actual thread and the counter thread who made more sense, i think this also deserves fp, lalasticlala, Mynd44
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by AfroSamurai: 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2017
Mizk:
Well, If this thread isn't for dull minds, I wonder why you used a 'lesser animal' like the Penguin to buttress your point?

It seem you forget that in this world today, lesser animals are normally trampled on, oppressed and enslaved.

Now I wonder why you didn't use the lion, that is the King of The Jungle as a lucid example. No offence, you just inexplicably adhered to the fact that you think small. smiley

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by sirusX(m): 2:02pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nice words / thought for a counter Mizk
Have you watched the movie; War Room

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Jman06(m): 2:03pm On Mar 10, 2017
Good one...

Supported. People should stay faithful to their spouses. If you can't, get divorced and set the other party free.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by handsam(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shall we? grin
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nogodye(m): 2:04pm On Mar 10, 2017
Are you preaching peace in marriage or Divorce? What's the joy of being a single mother when your husband still exist? What story will you tell your children and grand children for not staying in your marital abode? Don't you want your marital life to be a model for growing up couples? Marriage is a cross you have to carry till the end irrespective of the challenges.

Cc: Mizk

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by royalmoron: 2:05pm On Mar 10, 2017
AfroSamurai:
Well, If this thread isn't for dull minds, I wonder why you used a 'lesser animal' like the Penguin to buttress your point?

It seem you forget that in this world today, lesser animals are normally trampled on, oppressed and enslaved.

Now I wonder why you didn't use the lion, that is the King of The Jungle as a lucid example. No offence, you just inexplicably adhered to the fact that you think small. smiley
what do you expect from A semi-illiterate?

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 10, 2017
sirusX:
Nice words / thought for a counter Mizk
Have you watched the movie; War Room
Why do you all keep bringing that movie in all marital discourse?.
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Shortyy(f): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
My sister you get time o. I just read the bullshit that girl posted yesterday and SMH. It's obvious whoever wrote the nonsense has a very low self esteem. I'll never settle for less, My dear ladies don't ever settle for less. We all deserve the best. As long as you treat him right, if he doesn't reciprocate, Leave his ass.
Keep the dumb quotes coming, weak ass men. They always try to justify their actions. Always quick to talk about marriage vows, but won't keep their third legs at a place.
Bunch of miserable beings *spits!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nogodye(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
royalmoron:
what do you expect from A semi-illiterate?

C'mon! don't use that word bro...it's her opinion you know.
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Michellla(f): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2017
Dont fight to keep him if he's not doing the same, if you're not a cheater, dont expect cheating from your partner,
NEVER SETTLE FOR LESS#

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by AfroSamurai: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
vedah:
Its a beautiful counter threadkiss

We can't embrace cheating. It is morally wrong.
No one is telling you to embrace it, just be truthful to yourself.

You know, it's very easy to talk and very hard to take action. Don't be surprised many of the girls who say they'll leave the relationship if their boyfriend or husband cheat are still very young. Probably in their teens or early twenties.

So, by the time they spend almost their entire life waiting for Mr-I-Don't-Cheat, they'll learn to look the other way.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Shortyy(f): 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Nogodye:
Are you preaching peace in marriage or Divorce? What's the joy of being a single mother when your husband still exist? What story will you tell your children and grand children for not staying in your marital abode? Don't you want your marital life to be a model for growing up couples? Marriage is a cross you have to carry till the end irrespective of the challenges.

Cc: Mizk
cross kwa? even when you're dying you continue to carry it? let me ask you a question. Assuming your sister married someone that beats her every day and treats her like trash, will you advice her to stay in that marriage until the day the man beats her to death?
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by royalmoron: 2:12pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shortyy:
My sister you get time o. I just read the bullshit that girl posted yesterday and SMH. It's obvious whoever wrote the nonsense has a very low self esteem. I'll never settle for less, My dear ladies don't ever settle for less. We all deserve the best. As long as you treat him right, if he doesn't reciprocate, Leave his ass.
You deserve the best because of what? you have a hole between your legs?

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Now I feel like I'm watching a Barbie cartoon cheesy. These Ladies tho smiley
Re: Counter Thread To "Lies Women Tell Themselves" by AfroSamurai: 2:13pm On Mar 10, 2017
Shortyy:
Easier said than done.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Naija Ladies And Big Dicks / This Sexy Lady's Bow Legs Are The Hottest You Have Ever Seen? / Reasons For Rejection Of Marriage Proposals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.