Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,166 members, 7,811,379 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (35117 Views)

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / His Huge Anaconda Has Totally Damaged Me But I Refuse To Accept Breakup - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by 8stargeneral: 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dis may even pave way for u for seeing another good girl,who knows

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Chommieblaq(f): 5:51pm On Oct 21, 2017
mapet:

My dear sis,

Your sub is absolutely on point. The moment her love is conditioned like this, she should as well go. Painful though, but this to me is subtle blackmail. I have a friend that went through something like this. He let her off.... and my friend later became an Anglican priest

No be small blackmail, I just find it appalling and highly annoying.
I wonder why her church memeber didn't date or marry her.

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by brojoshua: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
The church of Christ is not one church party or another. The true church of Christ is not the one that is divided into different church parties. Leaving what you call a church and joining another is not salvation or that doesn't make you a saved soul. Rather those who are saved from different church parties came to Christ and the/His brethren. Asking a member of one church party to abandon his own to come and join yours is stopping him from serving the god of his own church party to come and be serving yours. Believers are in Christ and they call sinners to Christ and into His church and not into one or another church or false church parties.
But Christ said a believers must marry another believer. To me this one only want to win a soul from one church party to his own church party. But those who were saved while they were in their different church parties broke the water pots of their different church parties and ran to Christ and His /the brethren, even as bother Paul ran out from his former party when he became saved and come to the brethren of the Lord Jesus.
All these parties are imitations of the real thing. To the wise in the Lord, the true woman ran and hid with her children but another woman appeared who was rich, dressed gorgeously, drunk with blood and loved by the world. But the true woman and her children were hated and persecuted and they hid.
And each of the parties are claiming that their is the true party, competing against themselves concerning who or what they do neither know nor have portion. And let a member of two or three or more church parties go to God individually and then God will make them to be one in Christ.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Chommieblaq(f): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The rivalry between Catholic and Anglican is deep.

Is it even OK to marry in the man's church?

Nne there's nothing like rivalry, people create it in their feeble mind.
I have seen many Catholics marry Anglican and same with Anglican marrying Catholics.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Bigsteveg(m): 5:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
biacan:
In my church mix marriage exist.......where by if you're not from my church after the wedding in my church you can continue with your church while I continue with mine...... though my current boyfriend that one will follow me anywhere cause he knows am the real deal..... he's so rich and respectful one of the reasons why I love him too

Couples attending different churches is a no no for me.
Why will a lady be telling me to change my church for her, she be Jesus mother, nonsense.
Your last line, u love your bf because he's rich, all other things u mentioned is just to cover your face.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by chigoizie7(m): 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

This is the best decision ever

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Shawnnn01: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
biacan:
In my church mix marriage exist.......where by if you're not from my church after the wedding in my church you can continue with your church while I continue with mine...... though my current boyfriend that one will follow me anywhere cause he knows am the real deal..... he's so rich and respectful one of the reasons why I love him too

Duty continuity announced continue. You hear ? Continue ! Na only you get bf wey get money we no get money now.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by deafeyez: 5:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning

But u go go Brotherhood.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by elmagnifico411(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Coming in late as usual: bros, your decision is not wrong at all. It's even better that you guys parted ways now, cos if you had overlooked the issue and married her, you'll be so surprised when church issues will begin to bring chaos in the marriage. some peeps are saying it's not supposed to be an issue. Believe me. It is. She not ready to submit, and sh wouldn't do so if u had gone ahead to marry her. Christians and their wahala sef.. what does the father mean by saying anglicans ain't born again, don't they call on Jesus too? I don't want to talk much jare.. it's not new to me; a girl once told me she cannot marry me cos she can't attend c n s.. that was after 4 years o, and we had lost a pregnancy even in the matter.. I took a walk.. she cried her eyes out, but me never looked back.. me is now happily married with a kid, to a woman that left 'daystar' and followed me. All glory to God

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by vivalavida(m): 5:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Mr op please don't listen to anyone telling you to leave your church or give it a thought. If she can break up because of something as mundane asthe church you attend, then she can break up for anything then. If you change your church because you want to get married to her, just be ready to start compromising on many things, because she and her family don't like it.

Haba the Anglican is not born again enough?
Don't they have EFAC?

Why are some Christians like this? That's just the sole reason why there's so much disintegration in Christendom, some people believe there church is better off others, and you have to be a member of their church to be taken serious.

Seriously if I'm in your shoes or I have a brother in your shoe, I will advise him to forget the girl. If you are good for her in all ramifications but she won't agree to marry you because of your denomination, then it's her lost.

God knows I don't like overly religious peeps

U just said the gospel truth.
I lost a relationship early this year due to THis and I don't care.
Bae asked me to leave Anglican Church and follow her to her church. I refused. I loved her but that was the end

4 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by onyokometer: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2017
Wise decision bro,you shld be thanking God by now. If you had gone into that marriage,you wld have been a slave to your in-laws. I am an anglicana and I ve have not seen anything that I'll make me drop my Anglican believe of God. If you are an Anglicana identify with a like.

4 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Zinny25(f): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
The churches I can't marry from are Cele, C&s, jehova witness. Aside from these we are good to go. Back to the op which church does she attend
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Chommieblaq(f): 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:

Thank you so much!

Uwc

Once again, don't ever marry anyone with a condition attach to it, I repeat no try oo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by correctguy101(m): 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
Billyonaire:
Kids should not mix love and religion.

Love takes you to the Cosmic Creator of All, cos Creator of all is love and segregates none.

But, Religion takes you away from the Creator God and present to you a God symbol who can neither talk nor walk.

I advise you find someone who is not religious, non-religious people are more intelligent than religious people. But something has to knock someone off religion and its usually something devastating to the mind control effects of religion, so if you meet a non-religious person, be so sure he is not a dogmatic atheist but an open minded atheist or someone who knows the Creator in a more advanced way than religious people.

@ the bolded...

Not in all cases, some of us just moved on when it all started making no sense due to in-depth study of the politics, way of life and other recorded activities of times past.

No one who wants to tell himself the truth will be stuck with the religions of segregation.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by KardinalZik(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
Must be a Deeper Life or Jehovah's Witness lady.
RATIONALE FOR MY CONCLUSION: they are the only ones who think that the other Churches are not holy enough.

Holier_than_thou _assholes!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by bigtt76(f): 6:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
I wonder what would become of this country if a breakup takes place.

Tribes rising against each other in dissent, people of same religion fighting each other because they belong to different denomination.... are we well in this country so? angry

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by lokop1(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Regards!

..... very reasonable decision my brother.. Proudly Anglican

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by CzarChris(m): 6:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Regards!

OP, please forgive me for being blunt here, but both of you are immature. This is just too petty, haba! I know of families that the husband is a Muslim and the wife is a Christian and they live happily together with kids that choose whichever of the two religions they want to identify with.

Hell, my fiancee is a hardcore Catholic and her dad is a Catholic knight for crying out loud. Me? I'm not even religious I go to church like once in six months, and I don't even care. She once brought up this topic and I simply said anything that would make her happy. I would happily wed her in the Catholic Church(even though I have some reservations about the church) to make her happy and continue with my life after that.

Simple. Make una no dey carry this religion thing for head.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by nkemdi89(f): 6:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning
My neighbour and her 3 sisters are still in their fathers house, because they want to marry a Catholic man at all cost, according to them, their great grand father was a Catholic, so it runs in their lineage.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by aribisala0(m): 6:17pm On Oct 21, 2017
So me that worships Ogun should do what?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:

I'm really not a denominational person sincerely... If tomorrow i'm not okay with the Anglican church, I will sure look for another Church... But sincerely, I don't think I should leave because of her, not even giving me any reason(s) why she does not like Anglicans.
Since u have decided that u can't leave the church because of her,and she isnt ready to come to ur church ,which advice do u now want us to give to u?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by mapet: 6:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Exponental:
I am an Anglican! I don't discriminate. I have attended many other churches but always feel that is where I belong. If... If she and her family renounce Anglican, she's not meant to be your wife. All churches have their flaws. If God could accommodate flaws in silence, who are they to condemn a church. I expected a good parent to encourage their children to correct identified flaws while they pray for them.

My Bro,

First rule of thumb, don't change church just to please a woman or condition precedent to marriage. It will not last. Don't even let anyone take the God-given role of man in the home away from you. You are the head of your family and accountable to God. If she's not ready to support you and decisions you make, if she comes with conditions like this, then you need to reassess.

I am an Anglican. I have siblings who are married to non-Anglicans and worship in the husband's church. I also have relatives who married from "pentecostals" and those wives are now Anglican.

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Jerrypolo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
maxysmith:
The only church i can never get married into is Jehovah witness but i don't think church should be a barrier

But "The only church you can't marry into".

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

So u are bigger dan the Apostles of Christ who preached from house to house?

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
maxysmith:
The only church i can never get married into is Jehovah witness but i don't think church should be a barrier
Have u seen and read the book "The secret of family happiness"?

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by starz100: 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
OP, it is the parents that formed that position for her and sadly cannot go against their instruction.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by DavidEsq(m): 6:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
biacan:
Who dash monkey y*nsh?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by freshboi88: 6:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
thepussyhunter:

personally i dont hold "churches" in high regard (hell i can even leave winners right now if i as much as find a compromising/false teaching)........

Chritainity is what i hold dear and i can marry from any church but if your religious doctrines compromises true teachings then its a no no...................i'll talk to the said lady first though and make her see reasons smiley

g'noon kiss........i'm off to go watch football.........hope you do same tongue smiley

thepussyhunter is now d custodian of true teachings

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by AXYZ: 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Mr op please don't listen to anyone telling you to leave your church or give it a thought. If she can break up because of something as mundane asthe church you attend, then she can break up for anything then. If you change your church because you want to get married to her, just be ready to start compromising on many things, because she and her family don't like it.

Haba the Anglican is not born again enough?
Don't they have EFAC?

Why are some Christians like this? That's just the sole reason why there's so much disintegration in Christendom, some people believe there church is better off others, and you have to be a member of their church to be taken serious.

Seriously if I'm in your shoes or I have a brother in your shoe, I will advise him to forget the girl. If you are good for her in all ramifications but she won't agree to marry you because of your denomination, then it's her lost.

God knows I don't like overly religious peeps

This can't be truer. Op be ready to face many other mundane threats from her or the family. Before you realize, you'd have turned to their puppet.

Just like you mentioned if you're changing say church, it would be on your own volition and not as a compulsion from the other (uncertain) ends.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2017
adetayo234:

And you are one of those dead brains promoting that division. Some idiots think membership of a church is what will take them to heaven. They are so stupid in their reasoning to think anyone attending some churches will go to hell. Bunch of blind idiots .

Did you understand my post at all
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by bizza45: 6:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
I don't give a 4k about the church my spouse go, all I know is don't drag me into it cos am not coming .... Sundays na my washing day and ps3 days... can't meet anyone to confuse me more than I am already confused, all in da name of preaching

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

6 Things That Can Make A Man Lose Interest In You (no. 6 Is Annoying) / A Nigerian Couple's Scottish Inspired Wedding In The UK (Photos) / I Just Ended The Friendship With My Best Friend. I Feel Frustrated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.