Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,817 members, 7,827,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (35242 Views)

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / His Huge Anaconda Has Totally Damaged Me But I Refuse To Accept Breakup - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:02pm On Oct 21, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Is your babe Catholic ?

Nop! She is pentecostal!!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
crismark:

ur decision is so reasonable bro...u re a real man....pls wat church does she attend

Pentecostal!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
safarigirl:
I'm sure she's not. Catholics don't use terms like 'born again' and OP said his babe does not consider Anglicans as 'born again'

She could be from Pentecostal churches, na them dey do born again and 'Bible-beleiving' pass

Yes oh, na pentecostal she be!!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by preselect(m): 8:12pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

yes, your decision was . . . . is reasonable. .

F--K her, and find another girl. . . cool
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Chibuetu: 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
The Bible says a man must leave his Father's house and a woman will leave her parents house and they shall become one . Church was not there when this statement is made... Some people are too churchous

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by shumuel(m): 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

most times, it seems like we wouldn't live the next minute if that special someone isn't around, but trust me you would live years, decades and seasons without them, and you would do just fine too,, anyways as long as you are alive to type the situation here on NL, bro believe you me, you would live your life happyly without her, so let her go, she is not your's.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 8:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

Did you understand my post at all

If you understand the import of your own post, you won't ask that question
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 8:43pm On Oct 21, 2017
Dasherz:

i know but do you think a couple with different opinions and believe will sail through in the case of trials?

for me I can't marry a guy who is a member s all these assignment churches cos to an extent some of these churches don't teach the truth of the gospel, everyone is a witch around them, everyone is plotting to kill them .. i solely believe whatever truth is desired of God is in the bible so why the assignments?

Please which one is assignment church
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by BluntBoy(m): 8:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
adetayo234:

If you understand the import of your own post, you won't ask that question

But I said the truth. The Church is divided along doctrinal lines. I can't understand why a Christian cannot marry a Christian simply because of differences in denomination. Is that not true?

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Dasherz(f): 8:47pm On Oct 21, 2017
adetayo234:

Please which one is assignment church

omo oyibo

google first grin grin
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Calvary Greetings bro from Diocese of Calabar . Anglican Communion.
Look inwardly bro and may Almighty God grant your supplication as may be most expedient unto you.
That girl is everything but spiritually mature. God saved you. If she dislikes Anglican, some parts of her spiritual brain need reset.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Charles4075(m): 8:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
biacan:
In my church mix marriage exist.......where by if you're not from my church after the wedding in my church you can continue with your church while I continue with mine...... though my current boyfriend that one will follow me anywhere cause he knows am the real deal..... he's so rich and respectful one of the reasons why I love him too
Ehhhh, bia this girl. Wonders shall never end.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2017
vivalavida:

U just said the gospel truth.
I lost a relationship early this year due to THis and I don't care.
Bae asked me to leave Anglican Church and follow her to her church. I refused. I loved her but that was the end

Thanks!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by adetayo234: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2017
BluntBoy:

But I said the truth. The Church is divided along doctrinal lines. I can't understand why a Christian cannot marry a Christian simply because of differences in denomination. Is that not true?

Mr hypocrite, are you not the one saying Catholics are going to hell fire the other day? You are confused

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2017
KardinalZik:
Must be a Deeper Life or Jehovah's Witness lady.
RATIONALE FOR MY CONCLUSION: they are the only ones who think that the other Churches are not holy enough.

Holier_than_thou _assholes!

She is not DL or JW oh, She'z Pentecostal!
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Uhomanbulus110(f): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
This is seriou what have church have to do with your love him or her
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
OZAOEKPE:

Gold digger undecided

Nothing wrong in digging gold.

Who no like better thing.
U guys shud just suck it up and accept the rich must marry and won't remain single forever changing slay queens upandan.

Biacan babe nothing do you, enjoy your relationship.

Not every woman is destined to marry a struggling man.

There's a woman or. Man for the poor, the average and the rich.

Simple.

No homo

And op! Bia!

Your lady is not ready for marriage. Simple and end of drama.

Just move on and marry an Anglican lady.

There are so many Anglican denominations everywhere u can choose a bride from.

No need wasting emotional thoughts pondering on her
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by mechanics(m): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
You can't blame her, she want to start her marriage life on a good note, maybe you should look for someone in your church, life goes on.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 8:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
O
CzarChris:
OP, please forgive me for being blunt here, but both of you are immature. This is just too petty, haba! I know of families that the husband is a Muslim and the wife is a Christian and they live happily together with kids that choose whichever of the two religions they want to identify with.

Hell, my fiancee is a hardcore Catholic and her dad is a Catholic knight for crying out loud. Me? I'm not even religious I go to church like once in six months, and I don't even care. She once brought up this topic and I simply said anything that would make her happy. I would happily wed her in the Catholic Church(even though I have some reservations about the church) to make her happy and continue with my life after that.

Simple. Make una no dey carry this religion thing for head.

So in a nutshell, what are u saying Sir? I should leave my church & follow her to her church to make her happy??
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by sway112: 8:58pm On Oct 21, 2017
Op did not say she's catholic and catholic don't use the term "born Again" it's mostly said by protestant
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
O

So in a nutshell, what are u saying Sir? I should leave my church & follow her to her church to make her happy??

You and the guy, u quoted are two different men individually.

If you know, u won't be happy following her to her Church, no need to dabble into it and make promises u cant kêep, cos it's like postponing the evil day when u will get fed-up of following her then snap angrily at her. And if she retaliates and possibly run her tongue, devil fit work that day and gbosa for face.

So move on, shes not the only woman u will fall in love with in your lifetime.

Other women will come. Your way and u will be like what have u been doing with this one all these years, killing myself to please her and displease my own self.

Just move on.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by b0rn2fuck(m): 9:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
Very funny, even my woman that attended Church 3 times weekly with his father being an Evangelist,despite knowing I rather sit at beer parlour than attend church, the lady has been with me since 2007 till date, I never regretted anything anything, glad have change for good but info not see church as something that should break a relationship or home
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 9:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
fabulousfortune:
I'm an Anglican by d way nd a communicating communicant.

Dat aside, wat right does d father have to decide wich church both of u decide to attend wen married

I feel dis girl in question is still very young nd naive to take her own decisions dats y she's being manipulated by her family. Oh well, she can as well marry her father nd continue attending his church undecided

Your last line got me laughing.... hahahahahahaha! Thanks Though...

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by abikeade03(f): 9:18pm On Oct 21, 2017
Are you looking for an Anglican bae? That knows in and out of Anglicanism, then you just got one

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by biacan(f): 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2017
alexialin:

Nothing wrong in digging gold.

Who no like better thing.
U guys shud just suck it up and accept the rich must marry and won't remain single forever changing slay queens upandan.

Biacan babe nothing do you, enjoy your relationship.

Not every woman is destined to marry a struggling man.

There's a woman or. Man for the poor, the average and the rich.

Simple.

No homo

And op! Bia!

Your lady is not ready for marriage. Simple and end of drama.

Just move on and marry an Anglican lady.

There are so many Anglican denominations everywhere u can choose a bride from.

No need wasting emotional thoughts pondering on her
Leave to keep hating on the queen
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2017
Anglican church is not a church for those who are born again? A very big fat lie, I have never seen a church that preach about the coming of Christ, living a truthful and trustworthy life, faith, morals and every good thing in the Bible like the Anglican Church. Op your babe is a liar, there are other things chasing her away, she is only using that lame excuse not to marry you.

Most of the people like her don't want to know the truth, they prefer churches that will sugar coat things for them, churches that will accept them with their immoralities, churches that will tell them to go and sin because Christ has died on their behalf, churches that will allow them wear revealing cloths to church because they want you to come as you are.

They want miracle centers, they want to call somebody my pastor (my pastor said this and that) forgetting that most of this so called pastors have their origin from the Anglican Church, they don't want to grow themselves, they are babes like what the Bible calls them, they prefer getting milk, they don't want to grow from their infantry.

As far as I am concerned, the Anglican Church is one of the few churches you can hear the undiluted word of God, the Anglican Church is a principled church, you will be chastised if you stray away. Reverends, Canons, Venerables and Bishops of every diocese are rich in the word of God.

Most youth leave the Anglican Church on the guise that the Anglican Church don't know how to sing praise and worship of which the church as improved geometrically, they don't dance and scatter everywhere as they are allowed is most Pentecostal churches, they don't come up with useless gymnastics and give it a holigolistic name.

They see themselves in bondage because they are not allowed to do what pleases them, their craving for the world is at the highest, they want to have a taste of the world of which the Anglican Church won't allow that, because it will seem like the reverend in the church use them as an example when he preaches. They want to be free and free from the truth. Op if that babe really want to marry you, she won't give you such a lame excuse.

6 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by kflex0: 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by eeewise(m): 9:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
U dodged a potential divorce.. Lucky u man.
A woman not willingly to follow her husband isn't worth marrying
Little things in marriage becomes big things
Dump her and get a submissive one
Two cannot walk unless they be in agrement. For there to agree one must submit to the oder

4 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Analysiscorner: 9:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
maxysmith:
The only church i can never get married into is Jehovah witness but i don't think church should be a barrier
They are nice people.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by ssogundele(m): 9:27pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning
What a contradicting statement! So JW aren't christains abi? Also you can't be preaching from house to house and still want to retain that title"Christian "? Two things our Lord Jesus said would identify his true followers and they are 1. Love amongst themselves and to others. 2. The preaching work as done by Him and his faithful disciples. Matthew 28v18-19. For further information about JW, visit JW.org

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 9:28pm On Oct 21, 2017
abikeade03:
Are you looking for an Anglican bae? That knows in and out of Anglicanism, then you just got one

Hahahaha! I never said I'm looking for an Anglican Girl oh... All d same, thanks!

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Funkybabee(f): 9:38pm On Oct 21, 2017
Op don't worry she is going to come back to you when her brain is set...cuz I don't know why she can be going to her church when married and you do the same

If there is true love between you she will definetly come back.......she might be testing you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Every Husband Must Read This / Why Do I See Black American Men With Fat White Women So Much? / 16 Reasons Why Nigerian Men Get Married According To Ada Bekee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.