Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church (35111 Views)

We Broke Up And She Still Wants Us To Be Friends / She Lied And We Broke Up Over The Phone! / His Huge Anaconda Has Totally Damaged Me But I Refuse To Accept Breakup - Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by AXYZ: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR by the way, how old is the girl? She should be early 20 and I wouldn't blame her.
You guys can be attending Anglican and also attending programmes of other 'born again' churches if she wants to be sleeping in church or if she wants to improve on your church's spirituality.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by complet: 6:42pm On Oct 21, 2017
Most of my siblings got married in Anglican now attend Rccg,likewise me, but only church close to my wife,if u guys are trueky for each other church or religion shldnt b a problem, wife parent are Muslim,now we live ,happily married with a baby boy,talk to her,marriage is BTW both if you not church, bless you
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by complet: 6:44pm On Oct 21, 2017
Most of my siblings got married in Anglican now attend Rccg,likewise me, but only church close to my house, if u guys are trueky for each other church or religion shldnt b a problem, wife parent are Muslim,now we live ,happily married with a baby boy,talk to her,marriage is BTW both of you not church, bless you
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by olubenjazzy(m): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2017
TO ME. It's a reasonable decision. No woman or anybody can tell me to leave church. God is everywhere provided d church is teaching just according to d word of God.

I pray SHE UNDERSTAND Early before it's late.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by ib0221: 6:48pm On Oct 21, 2017
Op, that should have liberated you if you were to see the light.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Chommieblaq(f): 6:49pm On Oct 21, 2017
CzarChris:
OP, please forgive me for being blunt here, but both of you are immature. This is just too petty, haba! I know of families that the husband is a Muslim and the wife is a Christian and they live happily together with kids that choose whichever of the two religions they want to identify with.

Hell, my fiancee is a hardcore Catholic and her dad is a Catholic knight for crying out loud. Me? I'm not even religious I go to church like once in six months, and I don't even care. She once brought up this topic and I simply said anything that would make her happy. I would happily wed her in the Catholic Church(even though I have some reservations about the church) to make her happy and continue with my life after that.

Simple. Make una no dey carry this religion thing for head.

The op is not immature.
Mind you, it's not about wedding her in her church, it's about quitting his church and folllowinv her and her family to their church with the excuse that his church is not "born again enough"
Standing his ground doesn't make him immature. You can decide to wed your girl in catholic and even join the Catholic Church it's no problem, but it should be your choice.
If his choice is to remain in the Anglican Communion than he shouldn't fall for cheap blackmail.

5 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by thesmallgod(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
what happen to you is what we called Hard fork in Cryptocurrency world.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 21, 2017
KKKWHITE:
the main reason why God actually created this earth was for mankind this earth is meant for us when rapture finally takes place the earth will rebuilt by God and the true Christians will live here forever

Who interpreted this for you?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by rOsy247(f): 7:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
angrythis church thing ehn. That's how I left the only man I've ever loved cos my parents refused the marriage for church reasons too. Op take heart. I can relate with what you are going through right now.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2017
I read your sisters complaint in our facebook group,i guess you are Igbo,both Couple Igbo,Lady is Catholic while you are Anglican,too bad ordinary denomination ended your marriage plans.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Samuel1106(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2017
Bro move on. Look inside, we have good looking and homely AYF members. Believe me, you won't regret it. I had similar experience with a Jehovah witness girl and her family. Today am a more complete man with happy family. Note:::: ANGLICAN GIRLS ARE HOME BUILDERS. Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by omoelerin1: 7:06pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
What's wrong with some people
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning
You are a confused person. Hence, you are not qualified to offer this guy any advice.
Therefore, hold your piece of advice.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Naughtypenis1(m): 7:07pm On Oct 21, 2017
shocked
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Aarenaija: 7:08pm On Oct 21, 2017
The lady is not ready for marriage yet. The relationship too is not based on love but some other things that she has not told you probably. Moreso, what church does she attend that makes her "holier than thou"?

Maybe the God of the Anglican is different from her church god. #thinking aloud.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 21, 2017
I'm an Anglican by d way nd a communicating communicant.

Dat aside, wat right does d father have to decide wich church both of u decide to attend wen married

I feel dis girl in question is still very young nd naive to take her own decisions dats y she's being manipulated by her family. Oh well, she can as well marry her father nd continue attending his church undecided

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by dingbang(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Zinny25:
The churches I can't marry from are Cele, C&s, jehova witness. Aside from these we are good to go. Back to the op which church does she attend
lol..
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by dingbang(m): 7:11pm On Oct 21, 2017
Saraphina which church can't u marry from?
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Shannelle5: 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2017
I am an Anglican...pls feel free to come arnd..

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by omoelerin1: 7:15pm On Oct 21, 2017
Chommieblaq:
Mr op please don't listen to anyone telling you to leave your church or give it a thought. If she can break up because of something as mundane asthe church you attend, then she can break up for anything then. If you change your church because you want to get married to her, just be ready to start compromising on many things, because she and her family don't like it.

Haba the Anglican is not born again enough?
Don't they have EFAC?

Why are some Christians like this? That's just the sole reason why there's so much disintegration in Christendom, some people believe there church is better off others, and you have to be a member of their church to be taken serious.

Seriously if I'm in your shoes or I have a brother in your shoe, I will advise him to forget the girl. If you are good for her in all ramifications but she won't agree to marry you because of your denomination, then it's her lost.

God knows I don't like overly religious peeps
I like you. Blessed be thy intelligence.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by bolaray5050(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
Move on, there is nothing wrong with your decision. Remember the husband is the head of the family. If she cannot follow you now, expect worse from her in the future. You will surely find your choice. Only GOD knows who is truly born again. Dont mind the pretenders.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by charlsecy(m): 7:16pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
undecided
Because of 'church'
I wouldn't attend Celestial church sha or Jehovah's witness because I can't be preaching from house to house every Sunday morning

Hypocrisy is when you condemn a person for the same thing you yourself even admitted you're guilty of.

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Gentlevin: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2017
MhizzAJ:
undecided
Because of 'church'

You guys are not ready

This shouldn't be an issue at all afterall u both are Christians

Thank God for the kind of person i am oo...I really don't pay attention to things like this

I don't mind following my husband to his church when I get married as long as it's a Bible believing church.

Babe u dey funny ooo. so your own christian level high pass Jesus disciples own wey been dey preach everywhere abi?.... weldone God dey watch all of una and Muslims dey laugh una.

2 Likes

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by AXYZ: 7:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
Samuel1106:
Bro move on. Look inside, we have good looking and homely AYF members. Believe me, you won't regret it. I had similar experience with a Jehovah witness girl and her family. Today am a more complete man with happy family. Note:::: ANGLICAN GIRLS ARE HOME BUILDERS. Good luck.

Apart from parental influence sef, some denominations like JW and catholic hardly marry 'outsiders' except they compromise. It's well.

PS. Who knows maybe if the op is Dangote's younger bro and a Muslim, whether they would still persist.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by AXYZ: 7:24pm On Oct 21, 2017
Shannelle5:
I am an Anglican...pls feel free to come arnd..

Op you may wish to want to meet this sister of ours.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by shallysgirl: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
It does happen.
Just move on and keep praying for a woman who will complete you and be your helper.
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by somehow: 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2017
I tire p
sirfee:
She is speaking from both sides of her mouth.....just can't stop laughing.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by saraphina(f): 7:26pm On Oct 21, 2017
[quote author=dingbang post=61644521]Saraphina which church can't u marry fro/quote]eckankar,grail message, cele becoz I won't have strength for their holy cane.
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Thewesterner(m): 7:30pm On Oct 21, 2017
MrDKR:
Hello Guys,

Just recently, I lost my 2 years+ relationship with my girlfriend, reason because she said she can Never get married into an Anglican Church & I said I can only leave the church if I'm not okay with the church anymore, but since nothing has triggered my leaving, I'm not willing to leave now. So we both decided to call the relationship Off.

Furthermore, her Daddy also do not like Anglicans, he feels they are not born again. But initially, I felt it was just from her Dad, so I felt like most marriages, one or two family members may not consent to the marriage at an early stage, but with determination from both lovers, they will be able to convince them, so that was why the relationship went this far in the first place.

Sincerely, I really do love this lady so much but its sad to see us part ways.

Was my decision reasonable?? Kindly advice...

Regards!

Find any Anglican lady... Transfer the love and affection to her....get married... The end... To GOD be the glory

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by dingbang(m): 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2017
[quote author=saraphina post=61644932][/quote]lmao
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by mamachizzy(f): 7:36pm On Oct 21, 2017
some times, it takes persuasion to convince some parents. it took me time to convince my dad to let me marry my fiancee. and today, by the grace of God, we are married. this Anglican / Catholic bull shit is ruining peoples lives. parents need to open their eyes and see that

1 Like

Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by MrDKR(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2017
Adaumunocha:
The rivalry between Catholic and Anglican is deep.

Is it even OK to marry in the man's church?

She is not a catholic oh...
Re: We broke up because I Refuse to leave the Anglican Church by Nobody: 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2017
Me sef can't mingle with any From C & S, Celestial, JW and deeper life, most of the Anglicans are know are very open minded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

How Do I Convince My Boyfriend To Save In My Bank? / 6 Things That Can Make A Man Lose Interest In You (no. 6 Is Annoying) / A Nigerian Couple's Scottish Inspired Wedding In The UK (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.