Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? (33418 Views)

How Can He Peacefully End His Relationship With A Stupid And Stubborn Girl? / How Do I Peacefully End My Relationship With My Gf / Two-Month Relationship, My Worst Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by derrydinny: 10:44am On Jul 28, 2018
BIXYBABE:

I dey tell u.........plenty times without reasonable reasons.......I av made up my mind, if any idiot try such with me again, i will make sure he will never be useful to his generation again
wanna see if you can make me useless?
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by TGM2015: 10:50am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.
Seems you have decided to end the relationship yourself.

Sometimes mothers feelings are genuine even when they have no evidence/reasons, so I advice you not to ignore her words/feelings but probe further.

My advice is for you to engage your mother more on her feelings and reasons against your union with the lady... This is will help you on what and how to engage your girlfriend for clarifications... Take a break for 2-4 days, then at a quiet time revise the engagements, some ignored events/statements...then take your decision and communicate your decisions to the party that your decision is against and move on. Note to suspend any intimacy with your girlfriend (if you have...) during this period because it can affect your sense of reasoning and clear judgement.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by JeffreyJames(m): 10:54am On Jul 28, 2018
"my mummy said, my mummy said..."

Boy get the Bleep out of here.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by rosieluv(f): 11:08am On Jul 28, 2018
So annoying, your mum just doesn't like her and you have made up your mind to even break up with her, all this mummy and daddy's pet SHA,you can't even fight for your relationship, you just accepted what your mum said, better grow up
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by ozoneymcm: 11:23am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

Bro i understand you, but I just dont want any girl to cause chaos between my mum and I
I can see why you aren't willing to fight for her, she's just "any girl"
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by rosieluv(f): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2018
ozoneymcm:

I feel sorry for her, the poor girl thinks she has found her man
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by childrenday15(m): 11:33am On Jul 28, 2018
I'm also going through similar thing presently. My mom doesn't want my gal bcuz she's from the east n we're Yoruba's. She nags bitterly about difference in culture, dialect,n lots more. I still don't know what to do about it,coz my bae seems to have noticed that in her behaviors. May God help us from parental bondages. Mothers are just too sacrosanct to offend for any reasons.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Greystone: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2018
agbonkamen:
Ayam innocent na grin

I used to think u wer oh until some of ur posts cleared my doubt wink
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2018
IamPlato:

I Dont Advice People Like You...

You Allowing Your Mom Rule Your Life

You Are Not Worthy To Be A Man...

i swear the guy grow leave sense
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by winnah(f): 12:35pm On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.

I feel mum is right. some choices are very hard to make but the truth is, follow your heart. ask your self some of this questions.

#are you in that relationship out of pity ( like, you feel she loves you so much than u deserve and breaking up on her will hurt her. your afraid of hurting her)

# is she the kind of girl you'll love to spend the rest of your life with.

#are you proud of her. (in general)

there are other many more self "ask" questions...

don't let anyone tell you that your a mummy's boy..... don't let all the negative comments get into your head.

just be nice to her, let her know you care much about her and if you can be bold enough to tell her.... don't use your mum as an excuse.... make her feel important, give her your reasons and make her see reasons with you.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Penaldo: 1:48pm On Jul 28, 2018
sweetilicious:
[s]Side effects? All mothers are like this.They are used to being overly protective that they don't know when a man grows.My mom did exactly this to my brother and i could understand but didn't support her.YOU ARE A FULL GROWN ASS MAN.Except you are still 22. Look,yes and am telling you"a man that doesn't have a good woman in his life,be it his mother,a friend,an old woman,a wife,life will be hell for him.If you got all,LUCKY YOU.Some men have mothers that are shortsighted, some guys have babes that are short sighted, friends etc.If you have all shortsighted,you are finished.But believe you me,if you have a partner with a good foresight, never you let her go! You will have a boundary around your mother but not with a good partner that will invest everything she got.With this,draft your future with this lady and find out if she has foresight and can stand to fight for you.Definitely you mom will surely pass on leaving you to fill the gap alone.Enquire from your mom her reasons if she has foresight, check your partner out to ascertain if she has foresight too.If your mom is short sighted,maybe all her children will like YOU ARE except there is a tangible reason from your mom.Marriage is a whole lot and you are on your own afterwards. Mom will always give advice to accept flaws afterwards cos she won't want to continue telling you to find another wife as if she is a pest.Till then,let this girl go.The BURDEN she will carry will be bigger than her.
[/s]
Nonsense!
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by ImaIma1(f): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2018
dabiton:
Just like it is possible that he is being manipulated by another woman who can never ever love him unconditionally!!!
The lady could leave for a 'RICHER' man without coming to Nairaland to seek opinions.
Ask your Mumcy WHY and what her reasons are? And objectively analyse her response! shine your eyes wella cos love could blind your eyes to an obvious hell hole that your mother could have seen. Just watch your steps!.. Maternal instincts are real!!

And if you need to end the relationship, give it time and APPLY THE PRINCIPLES OF FRIENDZONING. The relationship will YAMUTU naturally and peacefully if you play your cards well...
Always consider - AT LEAST PAY SOME ATTENTION TO- the views of people that are more experienced in your life IF they love God and you are convinced they love you... your mother should meet that criteria, brother. She will love you from cradle to grave!

I don't think it is a good mindset to be in a relationship with a thought that ur girlfriend will leave for a richer guy. When you meet the right one, you will know. And at that point, you will oppose your mum if she tries to stop you

As an adult, your mum should only advice but never impose her opinion on her children.

Your mum is a woman like that babe and she was once a fiancee too.

My mum would always say that we are the ones that will leave with our choice of a spouse. That we should marry who we want and make it work.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by olufolarin2222: 3:43pm On Jul 28, 2018
i would have ask orunmila. but he is on leave
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
teelord1:

I'm not religious eirher, But I believe there is a God and he created this world and set the sail of all it activities... Despite all the rebel, I believe he has the ability to do and undo.

AH, ANOTHER CORN FLAKE WHO HAS DECLARED HIMSELF "FREE FROM RELIGION", BUT STILL HOLDS ON TO SUPERSTITIOUS BS.

BASICALLY IT IS SAFE TO SAY THAT YOU NO LONGER BELIEVE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S BS.. NOW IT'S JUST YOU MAKING UP YOUR OWN BS AS YOU GO.

YOU CANNOT CLAIM TO REJECT A RELIGION BUT STILL BELIEVE IN A GOD AS PROJECTED BY THAT RELIGION. THIS SHOWS THE DOLTISHNESS OF MAN'S NATURE TO ALWAYS WANT TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, TO ALWAYS WANT TO POINT TO THE SUPERNATURAL OVER SOMETHING TOO DIFFICULT FOR HIM, OR SOMETHING HE CANNOT UNDERSTAND.
THAT'S THE REASON WE HAVE ALL THESE RELIGIONS.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by LaudableXX: 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:
Thanks alot for your concern
The fact that it comes from a lady make it have a deep mean to me
Wait first...why does your mum dislike her? Is it because she feels your girlfriend is a flirt, or because she is rude? Or is it because your girlfriend is not from your tribe? Or has she heard something bad about your girlfriend's family in the past? shocked Do not break up with your girl, until you find out exactly 'WHY' your mum does not like her. shocked Once you know the reason why, then you will know the right step to take.

t00dugged:
you don't even know why your mum doesn't want you to date her,and you didn't even bother to find out, geez!.Is this how you intend to run your home as a man ,eh? mummy's boy undecided
Hehehe...you are too funny! cheesy shocked
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by t00dugged(f): 6:47pm On Jul 28, 2018
LaudableXX:

Wait first...why does your mum dislike her? Is it because she feels your girlfriend is a flirt, or because she is rude? Or is it because your girlfriend is not from your tribe? Or has she heard something bad about your girlfriend's family in the past? shocked Do not break up with your girl, until you find out exactly 'WHY' your mum does not like her. shocked Once you know the reason why, then you will know the right step to take.

Hehehe...you are too funny! cheesy shocked
well thats the truth na,why won't he even want to know why his mum doesn't like her?,or is he afraid it might seem rude to his mum? . I know its good to respect one's parents but there always has to be line,but alas! mummy's boy doesn't want to know why cos he wants to be a good son and do what ever mummy says

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AH, ANOTHER CORN FLAKE WHO HAS DECLARED HIMSELF "FREE FROM RELIGION", BUT STILL HOLDS ON TO SUPERSTITIOUS BS.

BASICALLY IT IS SAFE TO SAY THAT YOU NO LONGER BELIEVE IN OTHER PEOPLE'S BS.. NOW IT'S JUST YOU MAKING UP YOUR OWN BS AS YOU GO.

YOU CANNOT CLAIM TO REJECT A RELIGION BUT STILL BELIEVE IN A GOD AS PROJECTED BY THAT RELIGION. THIS SHOWS THE DOLTISHNESS OF MAN'S NATURE TO ALWAYS WANT TO BELIEVE IN SOMETHING, TO ALWAYS WANT TO POINT TO THE SUPERNATURAL OVER SOMETHING TOO DIFFICULT FOR HIM, OR SOMETHING HE CANNOT UNDERSTAND.
THAT'S THE REASON WE HAVE ALL THESE RELIGIONS.

I chuckled. God will reveal his mightyness to you, for you to acknowledge him. When that time come never forget my monicker I will still be on NL send me a PM.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 9:27pm On Jul 28, 2018
teelord1:

I'm not religious eirher, But I believe there is a God and he created this world and set the sail of all it activities... Despite all the rebel, I believe he has the ability to do and undo.
I WAS TAKING YOU SERIOUS UNTIL THIS NEW POST YOU MADE....
teelord1:

I chuckled. God will reveal his mightyness to you, for you to acknowledge him. When that time come never forget my monicker I will still be on NL send me a PM.
NOW I REGRET MAKING THAT DECISION. I'LL ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP WALLOWING IN SELF DECEIT BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ENJOY IT, JUST HOW I ENJOYED IT UNTIL I HAD ENOUGH. GOD IS GOOD. KEEP BELIEVING AND SERVING. BYE-BYE.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 10:09pm On Jul 28, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

I WAS TAKING YOU SERIOUS UNTIL THIS NEW POST YOU MADE....
NOW I REGRET MAKING THAT DECISION. I'LL ENCOURAGE YOU TO KEEP WALLOWING IN SELF DECEIT BECAUSE I KNOW YOU ENJOY IT, JUST HOW I ENJOYED IT UNTIL I HAD ENOUGH. GOD IS GOOD. KEEP BELIEVING AND SERVING. BYE-BYE.

It is well....
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Chikebranny123(m): 2:48pm On Jul 29, 2018
DEEKAH7:

Kaaiii.. Nwanne nwayo now... U jst enta me anyhow.. Its not easy makin such decisions oo.. And i do love her bro..
Village pple go shock as we go increase,, lolzz...
#if u wer in dis situation wat wil u do?? Nwane to Nwane??
Ur mother cannot choose your woman for you
Whatever problems you have, can be solved.
But the real question is will she be willing to marry you
Because your mother will respect your decision.....
That's my truth

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by swaggprofessor(m): 7:29pm On Jul 29, 2018
agbonkamen:
false mention from an expired expired dick
Dis expired dick can dig ur pussy deep to ur throat
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by LilSfc(m): 3:41am On Aug 03, 2018
winnah:

I feel mum is right. some choices are very hard to make but the truth is, follow your heart. ask your self some of this questions.

#are you in that relationship out of pity ( like, you feel she loves you so much than u deserve and breaking up on her will hurt her. your afraid of hurting her)

# is she the kind of girl you'll love to spend the rest of your life with.

#are you proud of her. (in general)

The answer is yes to the above questions
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by LilSfc(m): 3:42am On Aug 03, 2018
ozoneymcm:

[/s]

Not at all
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by LilSfc(m): 3:46am On Aug 03, 2018
sweetilicious:
Side effects? All mothers are like this.They are used to being overly protective that they don't know when a man grows.My mom did exactly this to my brother and i could understand but didn't support her.YOU ARE A FULL GROWN ASS MAN.Except you are still 22.Look,yes and am telling you"a man that doesn't have a good woman in his life,be it his mother,a friend,an old woman,a wife,life will be hell for him.If you got all,LUCKY YOU.Some men have mothers that are shortsighted, some guys have babes that are short sighted, friends etc.If you have all shortsighted,you are finished.But believe you me,if you have a partner with a good foresight, never you let her go! You will have a boundary around your mother but not with a good partner that will invest everything she got.With this,draft your future with this lady and find out if she has foresight and can stand to fight for you.Definitely you mom will surely pass on leaving you to fill the gap alone.Enquire from your mom her reasons if she has foresight, check your partner out to ascertain if she has foresight too.If your mom is short sighted,maybe all her children will like YOU ARE except there is a tangible reason from your mom.Marriage is a whole lot and you are on your own afterwards. Mom will always give advice to accept flaws afterwards cos she won't want to continue telling you to find another wife as if she is a pest.Till then,let this girl go.The BURDEN she will carry will be bigger than her.

OK then
Thanks alot sis
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by LilSfc(m): 3:50am On Aug 03, 2018
jasmines:

LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc

I was mighty impressed to read that you want to end your relationship with the lady because your mum says so and I expected all the names they are calling you now. Don't be discouraged, most of them have mothers who aren't worth listening to so they don't understand why you value your mother.

I have a mother I don't joke with. when she says I don't like this person, argue or vex but in the long run even if it takes years, you'll see the reason why she said she dislikes that person. she's an excellent judge of ppl even without knowing them for more than 10mins.

Know that women can pretend oooooooo. Women can pretend oooooooo. That angel may just be waiting to get married or get pregnant for you before they show their true colors and then when they stop pretending, you start wondering what happened.

That being said, you know your mother better than anyone else, do you think she'll advice you out of jealousy? Do you think she is being tribalistic or picky?
If you need more light, go to her and beg her to please explain what she doesn't like in the girl.
Please know that a lady that squeeze face for your mother today when the lady comes visiting will starve her tomorrow when your mother comes visiting. So don't say "just this small thing?

Lastly if you are not convinced with your mother's reasons, pray about it and ask God to speak to you through any means. If you are convinced, leaving the lady won't be an issue.

Thanks alot sister
I am really blessed with this

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by sweetilicious(f): 7:30am On Aug 04, 2018
LilSfc:

OK then Thanks alot sis
You are welcome.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 17, 2018
bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnned!!!! Thanks to me cheesy this is the second time I'm causing your long ban.(REMEMBER LADYGODIVA?)
MrCork:

..ok..so minica say u should say yor mum is lightskin. ..correct? ...anyways. . I love lightskin women...Bro . How tall is she? smiley
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by SisterCaro(m): 10:38pm On Apr 08, 2019
MrCork:

..ok..so minica say u should say yor mum is lightskin. ..correct? ...anyways. . I love lightskin women...Bro . How tall is she? smiley
short man how far?
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by anthonyuncle(m): 11:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
plz are u from anambra state
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by liloafy(m): 1:05am On Apr 09, 2019
To all the guy's in the room. I got a free gift for you.
But to get this free gift you must do something. I write on Premature Ejaculation, joystick Enlargement and Male Infertility.
I just did a video on statisfying your partner with your small dick. Yes I mean your small dick (That's my gift).
In the video i discussed various sex style you could use to make your partner climax.
Here is the link to the free gift.

https://m.me/422793145150910?ref=Free
Just type free on the message box to get your gift.

There would be monthly give to members of the group
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 1:10am On Apr 11, 2019
MrCork:

please come back cry
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 11, 2019
MrCork:

stop sharing and come back!! I have a lightskin woman for (true story) angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Girls Fight Naked Over A Man - Photos / His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / He Deletes Me Everytime We Have Issues!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.