Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,848 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? (33412 Views)

How Can He Peacefully End His Relationship With A Stupid And Stubborn Girl? / How Do I Peacefully End My Relationship With My Gf / Two-Month Relationship, My Worst Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by U2ice(m): 1:25am On Jul 28, 2018
OneSentence:
isn't it funny that all your other relationships that mum never said anything bad about ended. why didn't she stop you from ending them? because you saw the bad in them yourself...even when mum didn't. I can't tell you to go against mum but at the same time be a man for yourself

maybe na this one go kill the guy lol others didn't kill him
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Ndipe(m): 1:30am On Jul 28, 2018
Unless your mum has legitimate reasons that she can prove, please dont end this relationship.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by akilo1: 1:39am On Jul 28, 2018
My brother ,don't use force ,just tell her say u went to hospital to do HIV test and the result is positive. grin
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by D34lw4p(m): 2:01am On Jul 28, 2018
shocked
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Simbrixton(m): 2:08am On Jul 28, 2018
MissRaine69:

Is she a Jedi? She feels it in her bones?
Sorry don’t subscribe to that malarkey!
She tells him straight up ..” I don’t like her because ....!”
These are the men who well into their late 40s remain unmarried because of the mother’s “intuition”
there are so many unmarried women too

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by DEEKAH7(m): 2:12am On Jul 28, 2018
Badgers14:

Before thinking about breakup... First ask your mother why she is against your relationship and then put 2 and 2 together.

I had similar experiences my self, I asked my mom and the response I got was not satisfactory , I proceeded with the marriage, she did come around after a while. As I type this message, she is here in my house talking to my wife and carrying our child just right now at this moment.

Always remember this, we all love our mothers but the bottom line is, we are the ones to stay married with our wives/husbands and not them.

Cheers!

Wow... Dats nice..i am in similar situation ryt now.. Introduced my Girl to my mum,, although mum likes her,, she's hardworking and all...but mum just said No..
Her reason??
She's from Kogi and we are frm d East.. D language barrier... Mum said she wnt Me to marry a girl if she comes to d House, she can speak d language to and relate well.... Plz i need ur advice....i need u guys advice....

P. S. Am her only Son....
#no harsh words plz.. Passin tru alot alredi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by SouthendOnSea(m): 2:14am On Jul 28, 2018
Pray to God about it!
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by KanwuliaExtra: 2:30am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.

undecided cheesy

Only a callous and cowardly soul asks for advice on how to kill another human being. You are halfway there with your thoughts. You only need courage. Go and buy a healthy liver for transplant asap. Yours is full of “lilies”! embarassed

Good luck! kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Abbeybailey(m): 2:34am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.
If you truly love her, go for her because it's your life not your mum. My mum was against me marrying my wife because she said I was too young to get married. I was barely 23 years old just coming out of Graduate school and getting a job with an Investment Firm. My father was indifferent to my getting married but my mum was just like a Rock of Gilbatra against my getting married. I went on and get married because i don't want to lose my wife and now 20+ years later, my mum and my wife are like Siamese twin whenever my mum visits Chicago. Never let my mum forgets that she was against us getting married. Go ahead and stick with the lady if you truly love her because your mum shouldn't make that kind of decision for you. Good LUCK to you.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Calers: 2:36am On Jul 28, 2018
Your mum will die before you die,I got married at age of 25 without consent of anybody, am happy with my wife ,am in early 40 now.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by sainthumble: 2:56am On Jul 28, 2018
Just kill her or u kill yourself the relationship will end peacefully. Peliod
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Kabaka100: 2:58am On Jul 28, 2018
Just tell ur mum, "mummy! I love u and i love this chick so much, but if u dont support my feelings about her,, am sorry, butu can just go to hell."
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Beey(f): 2:59am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

Truth is that Nairaland is full of overgrown babies who think they are mature enough for marriage.A man who cannot stand up for himself is not worthy to be a husband.Because he is like a puppet.When you pull the strings of a puppet, it does just what you want it to do.This one is a momma's puppet.Heaven knows I can't marry a momma's boy!
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Badgers14: 3:04am On Jul 28, 2018
DEEKAH7:

Wow... Dats nice..i am in similar situation ryt now.. Introduced my Girl to my mum,, although mum likes her,, she's hardworking and all...but mum just said No..
Her reason??
She's from Kogi and we are frm d East.. D language barrier... Mum said she wnt Me to marry a girl if she comes to d House, she can speak d language to and relate well.... Plz i need ur advice....i need u guys advice....

Oh! That's a concern but not a huge concern.but are we sure this was her real reason? ( just saying)
Mine, was even bigger headache.

But,

Is your girl willing to learn igbo? Try to teach her and gradually she will learn.then when you visit your mom she can communicate a little and gradually she will pick up the language. Your mom will also appreciate that the lady was able to adapt.

My number one concern self is if the language barrier was your mother's only reason.

Calm down my guy, I know it is tough. Remember marriage is not friendship. You deserve to be happy and enjoy the rest of your life . Don't marry anyone out of pity and as well do not marry just to please anyone.

Cheers my oga

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by OBJlive: 3:08am On Jul 28, 2018
Don't end that relationship since this lady truly loves you, true love are hard to find these days.
Your mother has no business disliking your lady since you did not choose your father for her.
Renew your love for that lady and marry her.Don't forget TRUE LOVE MAKE TRUE WIFE/HUSBAND
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Chikebranny123(m): 3:16am On Jul 28, 2018
DEEKAH7:

Her reason??

why are u in a relationship sef(1)

Common something
You cannot use ur head
When the real life issue start you will be doing like Goat(2)

Is it not ur relationship. If it gets to marriage is it you or ur mother that she Will marry
Leave her alone let beta person carry am
E go make if you sha drop her contact here(3)

But imagine only language that she can later learn is the reason.......
Your village pipu no wan make Una increase . continue (4)

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by overlord77: 3:42am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

You are supposed to be a man bro, apparently you are not yet. Relationships are for matured minds and in my opinion, you are still being breastfed. Let the girl go please, for a more serious dude.

Try dating again when you eventually grow some balls,
Some of y'all kids be shagging everywhere and calling it relationship. There is more to it than just getting naked on bed.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Filmdirect: 4:11am On Jul 28, 2018
My thoughts:
It is wise to listen to elders or our parents if and only if the relationship with them is not dysfunctional.

What i mean is let's not pretend that all family dynamics are healthy. Some parents make decisions for their children based on their own needs, not the kids. Only you truly know the dynamics of your family. If you know in your heart your mom would never lead you astray, or is selfless, or isn't a jealous controlling type, then ask her to give you her reasons and listen to them. If the reasons are tribal, or snotty, or based on some tradition that doesn't make sense, do not make a judgment on the girl because of it. I have met many many people who married to please parents, and they are very unhappy. So use wisdom but do not, in a blanket way, just assume mom is correct. Bless her heart, she might actually just not want to lose her son.

So bottom line, make a decision after much counsel, not just because mom said it.

On the other hand, i'm not sure you truly love the girl. I have never known someone in love who will not at least put up a fight for his or her love, at least some effort. Shoot! men have gone to war for the love of their life. So maybe this is good, as a sign that you are not ready and in that case it is best to just tell the girl you need some space but no need to bring your mother into it.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Filmdirect: 4:20am On Jul 28, 2018
DEEKAH7:

Her reason??

Well, i know someone who reasoned like your mom. The person married someone else because of language etc etc...well the marriage is bad but hey, they are speaking the same language.

I understand your mom, but bottomline you are not marrying a wife for your mom and she will depart this earth some day.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 4:25am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

Oluku.. mummy's pant.

Pls leave the girl so a real man will marry her and won't let her suffer in the hands of your Hitler mother.

Keep sucking your mothers dry breast and let her change your diapers while real men are out there making decisions about their lives.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by jasmines(f): 5:11am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

Thanks alot for your concern
The fact that it comes from a lady make it have a deep mean to me

LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc LilSfc

I was mighty impressed to read that you want to end your relationship with the lady because your mum says so and I expected all the names they are calling you now. Don't be discouraged, most of them have mothers who aren't worth listening to so they don't understand why you value your mother.

I have a mother I don't joke with. when she says I don't like this person, argue or vex but in the long run even if it takes years, you'll see the reason why she said she dislikes that person. she's an excellent judge of ppl even without knowing them for more than 10mins.

Know that women can pretend oooooooo. Women can pretend oooooooo. That angel may just be waiting to get married or get pregnant for you before they show their true colors and then when they stop pretending, you start wondering what happened.

That being said, you know your mother better than anyone else, do you think she'll advice you out of jealousy? Do you think she is being tribalistic or picky?
If you need more light, go to her and beg her to please explain what she doesn't like in the girl.
Please know that a lady that squeeze face for your mother today when the lady comes visiting will starve her tomorrow when your mother comes visiting. So don't say "just this small thing?

Lastly if you are not convinced with your mother's reasons, pray about it and ask God to speak to you through any means. If you are convinced, leaving the lady won't be an issue.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Cyoung4real(m): 5:16am On Jul 28, 2018
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Cyoung4real(m): 5:17am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me.

[/s](and men in general)[/s]

that I just use her and dump her.

bros, you are not a MAN
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by samdolad(m): 5:19am On Jul 28, 2018
kimbraa:
Listen to your mum if you have to, but make sure she tells you why she doesn't want you to marry the lady. That way, she won't have this mindset that you'd always do what she says. Those in love don't see some of the flaws in their prospective spouses, others do. If it happens in the future, who will you run to? Your mum, not the nairalanders calling you mummy's boy. At times, we may think we know it all, but those older people have gone through life and knows what's best for us.

Go talk with your mum, not nairalanders.
nice talk
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by frozen70(f): 5:20am On Jul 28, 2018
LilSfc:

Is not about your mother dislike for her, it's about you

Have you asked your mum why the dislike ? Does her reply make sense to you?

Do you really love her or you are with her until you get someone you are in love with. If you love her keep talking to your mum if you don't love her let her off.

Are you really ready for marriage and willing to spend your entire life with her? Marriage without love is like a cooked soup with out a single salt.

Ask yourself all this question the answers lyes with you.

I just hope you haven't proposed to her
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by dabiton: 5:28am On Jul 28, 2018
Just like it is possible that he is being manipulated by another woman who can never ever love him unconditionally!!!
The lady could leave for a 'RICHER' man without coming to Nairaland to seek opinions.
Ask your Mumcy WHY and what her reasons are? And objectively analyse her response! shine your eyes wella cos love could blind your eyes to an obvious hell hole that your mother could have seen. Just watch your steps!.. Maternal instincts are real!!

And if you need to end the relationship, give it time and APPLY THE PRINCIPLES OF FRIENDZONING. The relationship will YAMUTU naturally and peacefully if you play your cards well...
Always consider - AT LEAST PAY SOME ATTENTION TO- the views of people that are more experienced in your life IF they love God and you are convinced they love you... your mother should meet that criteria, brother. She will love you from cradle to grave!

ImaIma1:

So you want to go with all your mother's wishes? Your mother is a woman and has that power of a woman to manipulate you emotionally and make you believe you are indebted to her.

You should realize that your mum is human and she makes mistakes too. She is not always right and she can be after her selfish interests too.

Please you are an adult. You cannot simply end a relationship because mummy said so. Ask her the reason. If you keep obeying her every wish, the day you decline will be a real battle because you have always agreed with her.

Well i don't know how it works in your family or tribe...probably the mum's decision about the children's lives is final. Just be wise here
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by dopemama(f): 5:42am On Jul 28, 2018
I pity ur future wife! Ur mama dey marry you spiritually! Watch out!
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jul 28, 2018
Where Is The Place Of God In This? Seek God's Face And Let Him Have The Final Say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pictures of black women with big boobs. / His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / He Deletes Me Everytime We Have Issues!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.