Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa (27099 Views)

All I Want In This Life Is Money And Love” – Toke Makinwa / 6 Things Nigerian Women Must Do To Make Themselves More Attractive To Men / Nawooh My woman Will Not Suffer In Cooking,best Chef On Nl(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 2:23am On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaz:

Stop modifying to sweeten your post . Your number 1 point I have said severally a woman should not condone any act of violence.

The door is still open , if you wanna walk away do that. If you think you could instill a good influence on your man then stay in.

Life there is always a choice . Toke is playing a victim card though she may be right in her assertions but no one ever held her to stay where she isn’t wanted cos of love .

Our power should be put in good use instead of putting blames on men for mostly everything.

You’re in a tight relationship you are no longer happy instead to make a choice , you say men won’t take the crap you take so you have to walk away doesn’t sound right in my ears.

You’re equalizing it . Toke is confused and she doesn’t know it . If you wanna compare what a man can’t take to what a woman would , you gonna lost it cos the two are different in everything.

No vex abeg. Wasn't trying to sweeten my post, I only wanted to ensure I don't come off rude or aggressive. No be fight I come fight.

Last last, all mallam with im kettle.
Peace!
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by freshvine(f): 2:25am On Oct 16, 2019
AntiBrutus:

While I gree with your subsequent posts, your first post isn't in agreement. I am also of the opinion that is her choice to stay.

1. You brought in the bible. Our God is not an author of confusion. When he told men to lead and women be the helper (like you rightly said), he didn't send women to go help broken men because she has some "powers". Why she isn't using that power on a man who has his life figured out is story for another day.

2. As much as we are not in a competition with men, there is nothing wrong in calling out double standards. We are all humans after all and every class of human desires to be treated fairly and justly across every line. Racial, gender, social class...whatever.

Nothing wrong with equalizing. As far as some of us are concerned, all humans are equal. Would you think you are trivializing your African power if I tell you that you are equal to the White man and shouldn't be handled like a terrorist at various POEs? I bet not.

We appreciate our "feminine power", but we should use it for better things na.

Toke's argument is that men shouldn't make suffer head the standard for a woman earning love and commitment from her man. I like to think she is right- irrespective of gender too.

True love is tested in the time of trials. Jesus died for our sins so that we may be redeemed. The bible says all have sinned and come short of his glory and we are made imperfect so that his words should be justified.

Jesus showing example gave a golden commandment saying "love your neighbor as you love your self " and let me remind you, when God wants to deliver or redeem a sinner he sends a Human being who will carry out the assignment and in this case, he sent a woman to the Gucci guy and she did a perfect job. There's no way to show LOVE than commitment and selfless approach. Stop hating on a woman who got back a lost soul and made him a husband.

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Magnoliaa(f): 2:34am On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaz:

You’re the one foolish here. Both times I have said if you don’t wanna stay then walk away. Nobody held you at a gun point for God’s sake.

some women , they are the architect of their own bitterness . They play the victim card at all times.

So, what are you arguing against here? You support that women shouldn't take bullshit (even though I still don't get how our 'power' fit in here) and that's what the women on this thread have been saying.

If it’s too much then walk away . If you wanna stay STAY!!! If you wanna walk away WALK!! If you’re not so blind you would have seen where I said physical violence should not be condoned.

What I’m saying is, we should stop trying to say men can’t take bullshit so we can’t . It’s like we are trying to equalized instead of putting to good use what our woman power could do .

You see, earlier cultures and the one in Nigeria presently thrived on that notion - the one that a woman should take bullshit and try to make a man better. It was/is the norm. A man cannot and should not take bullshit; a woman can and should take bullshit...... so, what is wrong with women rejecting that? Saying they cannot take bullshit *because* men cannot? If women didn't use to take rubbish from men, do you think there'll be a crying now? What'll be the purpose of the protest now?

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by freshvine(f): 2:35am On Oct 16, 2019
Mstick:

Don't mind the IDIOT! How can you claim women are not equal to men then in the same post claim women have power? What power?

If not for women that decided that enough is enough would madam unshakable power have gotten an education?

Women have power of control, they influence decisions and the most dangerous ones can manipulate their husbands into doing the inevitable. Start with the family settings before you shout down a lady schooling you.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Magnoliaa(f): 2:37am On Oct 16, 2019
AntiBrutus:

Maybe they don't mind not having an opinion. After all, men are the head and the head has done enough thinking for them.

They don't want to have opinions, but they want to enjoy what feminism fought for abi?

4 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by freshvine(f): 2:42am On Oct 16, 2019
Magnoliaa:

So, what are you arguing against here? You support that women shouldn't take bullshit (even though I still don't get how our 'power' fit in here) and that's what the women on this thread have been saying.

You see, earlier cultures and the one in Nigeria presently thrived on that notion - the one that a woman should take bullshit and try to make a man better. It was/is the norm. A man cannot and should not take bullshit; a woman can and should take bullshit...... so, what is wrong with women rejecting that? Saying they cannot take bullshit *because* men cannot? If women didn't use to take rubbish from men, do you think there'll be a crying now? What'll be the purpose of the protest now?

Define bullshit? You bring up rhetoric to fancy your ignorance.

Are you telling me your mom hasn't influence your dad in any decisions in the home front?
Do you know that world leaders have wives and their women are their first special advisers and assistants?

7 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Psalm2423(m): 2:44am On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Or rather they should not be as bigoted as you are..
Snopp dog point was that you shouldn't envy the girl if you didn't go through what she did, meaning that only those who put up shitt with guys deserve the best...

No human deserves to suffer before getting love, except you chose that part.
Surprising that guys who claim redpill and tell simps not to tolerant poo from ladies expect ladies to stick by them when they do trashy stuffs..

Sadly Toke is oblivious of your existence,she is living life to the fullest!

Lol. What does my existence have to do with her? Everyone has the right to live life to the fullest, it’s not my problem. Everyone needn’t know me. They’re still lots of persons in Nigeria that don’t know her, I can swear I don’t know what madam looks like. I’m not that jobless to check her out on Twitter.

Gucci gave Keisha $2 million before going to jail. If it were you, from all you just said above, you’ll probably be married to your dream boy while he’s suffering in jail. Did Gucci force her to wait on him? Love is not always a mutual feeling. If I don’t like you, oh pa ri. There’s nothing anyone can do about it. However, I’ll still keep you in my arsenal, so I’ll have more plates to spin.

Back to Snoop. He said not to envy her, and that’s what you should do. Only those that put up with shit deserve the best. You want to marry a rich guy, do you know the mental we all go through just to make money? To make money legit in Nigeria is hard if you don’t have startup capital. Those of us that have passed that stage will tell you. That’s why most guys keep clubbing trying to forget the psychological trauma of being broke or poor.

I state and will continue to say it. If women take on the roles of men, and men started depending and demanding from ladies, you’ll see a lot of male Keisha.

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by freshvine(f): 2:53am On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaz good morning. Don't mind all these wannabe feminists. They've tattoos, nose piercings, silicone behind and front, ankle chains, waist beads, color riots bodies and claws and you'd be arguing with them thinking they are humans, no way... grin stay very far from them they're contagious cheesy

4 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Psalm2423(m): 3:01am On Oct 16, 2019
freshvine:

Are you telling me your mom hasn't influence your dad in any decisions in the home front?
Do you know that world leaders have wives and their women are their first special advisers and assistants?

I would have loved to say more, but some folks will call it female bashing. I don’t care though.

This third wave feminism is crap. Women always love shouting inequality and whatnot. I still don’t believe that people can be so dumb in this decade. Men work longer than women on an average. The money they get from this work is shared with the family. Women work, and the average lady bags her money for herself, and feeds on the husband. If we want equality, let both parties bring equal amounts, and let the woman add more since the man provides shelter.

All women have their opinion. The law court allows women to divorce, and in more often than not, go with a huge sum as alimony, and also receive periodic payments in the case of a children born in wedlock. Why can’t men take the children, and women pay the money needed to train the child?

When it comes to sexual harassment, it doesn’t matter if a girl kisses me out of the blue. If I report to the cops, they’ll simply laugh at me and ask if I didn’t enjoy it. When I do same to a girl, Twitter will bash me, I will have a hard time building relationships and my career, and the church will come to my house to advise me. Where’s the equality for the man?

A man has to ask a lady out, take care of her, feed her, and do all sort of things for her. @magnoliaa Have you ever worked hard only to give the money to your boyfriend or husband sitting lazily in the house? Don’t talk about house chores, a civilized bachelor’s home is neat. But no, you guys demand that we work, and give to you at your request. Where’s the equality in that?

Feminists don’t know what they want. You want to be heard, but we can already hear you. You vote, you work, you flaunt around town, you have pastors, politicians, governors. Can you name one thing that men enjoy today that you don’t enjoy? And can you not name numerous stuffs that you enjoy on the health of a guy?

I’m not bashing feminists. I just want to know what you guys want, cause as it is, the world looks equally balanced.

4 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Mstick: 3:04am On Oct 16, 2019
Oh please take several seats, power of control ke, with the power of control you claim women have see how great women right is in Nigeria.

Family settings? Buhahahaha the one the wives are beaten blue black every other day without a say even in their own kitchens or am I missing something?
freshvine:

Women have power of control, they influence decisions and the most dangerous ones can manipulate their husbands into doing the inevitable. Start with the family settings before you shout down a lady schooling you.

yes of course number one being our own Aisha buhari, see the way her husband puts her first and respects her.
freshvine:

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Mrdeuteron(m): 3:10am On Oct 16, 2019
internationalman:

In plantashun Boiz voice If you nor want stay make you go oh oh and go and marry Ned Nwoko's Immediate elder brothers secondary school prefect.
What Happen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Qadaffi2idiamin: 3:12am On Oct 16, 2019
Its people like this aunty that will say maintaining vagina is big wahala.. Now she want some ass worshippers to follow her around in the name of love. Aunty I maintain my dick with #150000 every month. Royal pennis grin
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 16, 2019
American suffering and naija suffering no be the same suffering ooo.

She's having the right conversation with the wrong people. This is a local problem on an international platform.

In the west You can (if you want to) hold down A man through his wild youth(this can last until he is over 35 yrs old sometimes) You can over look the cheating, the poverty and many other vices depending on Your options (family support system, government and state support, a Liberal society... etc).

Nobody would ever advise you to take this option because it is not a healthy option but if you did decide to, for the sake of love, then America and the West offers a net to minimise the damage.

Let's not forget no be every man that blows like gucci whatshisface... It's will always be a risky option. I don't know why snopp is trying to sell it because loyalty and respect is gender neutral and it is not for one person but two people in a relationship.

I'm really confused by this... It feels like... 'lost in translation'

Toke and snopp

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Magnoliaa(f): 3:30am On Oct 16, 2019
freshvine:

[s]Define bullshit? You bring up rhetoric to fancy your ignorance.[/s]
Seems like you haven't been following this thread, if you have, you wouldn't be asking me that. Follow the discussion, get its drift.

no, i don't. tell me who these world leaders are, how their wives assist them. While at it, link this random 'post' to what it's got to do with mine that you quoted, and what point you're trying to make exactly

I'll be waiting.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by gbagyiza: 3:31am On Oct 16, 2019
Fountainofyouth:
Most men can't stand half of the shiit most women go through when they misbehave, but they want ladies to stick to their sorry asś when they cheat and so on, rubbish.

It is not their fault, it has been ordained by God since from the creation. The truth is that a man can't survive without a woman. A woman was made by picking some of the ribs from the man n the main purpose of attaching a woman to a man was to be a companion/helper for man. If you take a close look at a man's life, they find it difficult to survive without a woman by their side. So, part of their duties is to help reshape a man's life by making a lot of sacrifices for him. Women should not be angry it has already been ordained from d beginning. I used to tell my wife that a woman is the pillar in every home. Once a woman pulls out of her marriage the family will not be the same again.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Mftivi: 3:36am On Oct 16, 2019
generationz:

This kind of love was the status quo for the white woman over 150 years ago. Before brave women began to stand up and fight for women's rights.

It's just a matter of time , the term strong black women would be done away with.

Black women would be seen as goddesses not becuase they break their backs sacrificing for nothing but because they treat themselves with respect and dignity.

It's just a matter of time. Black women are waking up.

yall are funny. If men hates women that much there must have been a gender war which women won to secure their freedom and there will be another one which you currently are speaking of and I hope they kill all the men grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by naijadrivablog: 4:39am On Oct 16, 2019
liliandrew:
Women must not suffer to love
Shiloh 20.... loading.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by bluefilm: 4:42am On Oct 16, 2019
Abeg wetin be the latest on the NLC strike?
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Acidosis(m): 4:48am On Oct 16, 2019
Toke is right. No woman deserves to suffer in the name of love and marriage. But if you deliberately date a womanizer, a drug addict, convicted criminals and internet scammers, you're supposed to suffer and pay for sins you didn't commit. We are having this discussion because those involved are drug addicts and convicted criminals. I don't have any time and advise to waste on women in this kind of situation.

2 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by B2joa(m): 4:50am On Oct 16, 2019
Ok
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Jaqenhghar: 5:00am On Oct 16, 2019
don4real18:
A dumb post from Toke and it isn't a surprise. It isn't surprising either that many ladies are jumping on the post to support her. Saying that she hasn't seen a man who will stand by a woman bla blah blah is uncalled for. Snoop didn't mean to create a competition between genders with his post but trust the self acclaimed feminist to always turn things to remain relevant.
He is saying one thing. She is saying another
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:04am On Oct 16, 2019
So men are the ones that must suffer angry

1 Like

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by antadiop2: 5:05am On Oct 16, 2019
My question is for all the women in this forum:
Which scenario do you prefer,
1. Catching your dad with another woman.
2. Catching your mom with another man ?

Please there’s no both or neither, you have to choose an option.

God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Thunderblasts(m): 5:25am On Oct 16, 2019
My dear Toke no just follow at all.
Why bashing loyal women?
She should take a look at her life before giving her feminist advice upandan.
I pity her type ooo!
Last last old age will teach her some lessons.
That time no kid or relation go reason her matter sef
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 5:26am On Oct 16, 2019
[quote author=liliandrew post=83162986]Author, actor, and media personality, Toke Makinwa Condemns the glorification of suffering before you find love.

In a post shared by Snoop Dogg on Instagram, he made a re-post of a man whose wife stood by him, even when she knew all the crime he has committed, she still made him a better person.

God bless Toke for this. Some women and ladies still need brain resett to understand that its not a man's world.
You treat me fairly, I treat you likewise otherwise, to hell!!!!!!!
Rubbish!
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by kurupt1: 5:29am On Oct 16, 2019
freshvine:

The time is fast approaching when marriage will be no more. We'll become too wise and independent men will automatically stop marrying and only uses us for making babies. A lady will have kids from different fathers, less pressure on the men to shoulder responsibility.

The time we pray for to assert our independence is almost here. Religion has really kept us women subjugated since the creation of the world, it's time to scatter and redefine that order.
See wetin dey comot from person mouth,later you will say these women get sense??

3 Likes

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 16, 2019
cococandy:
you are a feminist because you don’t agree to the suffering of women.

I was with you until you made this statement. Do I take it that you're unfortunate enough to be suffering and expect a woman to ride along with you? You're quite mistaken grin
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by GeneralPula: 5:57am On Oct 16, 2019
Ginaz:
I think the mistake women always make is they try to compare themselves in all aspects when it comes to men.

The Bible said women are helpers . We are not equal and can never be equal to men. Until women learn this hard and naked truth they will always be at the receiving end of pain!

Nobody will force you to do what you don’t want to do. If you love a guy but wanna leave cos he hurts you then fine. Don’t leave on the message that men doesn’t take bullshit so you won’t take bullshit .

Women have a lot of influences over men, if they could focus their energy in trying to better their lives and instill a good influence over their men, they will be better off than becoming a bitter , over sabi, I know my right deranged psycho.

Be careful of the type of advise you take as a woman. Physical violence of any kind should not be taken though. In that area I suggest you walk away.

This is one sensible F right here! Kudos!

1 Like

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Americanboy35: 6:00am On Oct 16, 2019
freshvine:
Ginaz good morning. Don't mind all these wannabe feminists. They've tattoos, nose piercings, silicone behind and front, ankle chains, waist beads, color riots bodies and claws and you'd be arguing with them thinking they are humans, no way... grin stay very far from them they're contagious cheesy
God bless you sister
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by Ladycewhy(f): 6:02am On Oct 16, 2019
AntiBrutus:
That is for women who want to. Later you wonder why women age faster than men. When they spend their useful years fixing the supposed head of the home.

Anyone that wants to do that, it is her business.

I remember a guy once telling me "men are like babies" and I cut him short. Men are not babies, please. I don't spend my time fixing or rewarding a man with such issues. When there are responsible men out there. God forbid!!
Thank you, i wonder who told them that they are babies ,the only baby a woman a should look after is the one she bore ,if he is a baby its his mothers duty to fix him ,nor be you born am. He is a full grown man,you are both adults no woman should accept the responsibility of refining a grown man.

A real man should fix himself before seeking out a partner, women are not baggage managers or rahabilitators. However if any woman feels they are born to be saviours and feel the need to work hard to earn a ring, they are free, but it should never be a standard for other women who decide to have self esteem and value their sanity cos i must tell you it is draining to mould a full grown adult.

Its not a woman's duty to fix her man or stay through disrespect it usually doesn't end well ,forget Gucci's case is one in a million case , but i have to ask how many nights of headache his wife had to go to bed through all the public disrespect the drugs ,the jail ,the public cheating. If she didn't at one time need to see a therapist i would be shocked . So to get a ring of Mrs one has to come out worn out emotionally and broken in spirit, lol.

1 Like

Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by GeneralPula: 6:11am On Oct 16, 2019
Michellekabod2:

Get your facts right,sex doesn't widen a vagina,it's childbirth and aging that widens a vagina....this is science

Lol...Abeg, don’t tell this to your future female kids! I’m not saying your wrong, but do not!
Re: 'Women Must Not Suffer To Find Love'- Toke Makinwa by GeneralPula: 6:16am On Oct 16, 2019
generationz:

This kind of love was the status quo for the white woman over 150 years ago. Before brave women began to stand up and fight for women's rights.

It's just a matter of time , the term strong black women would be done away with.

Black women would be seen as goddesses not becuase they break their backs sacrificing for nothing but because they treat themselves with respect and dignity.

It's just a matter of time. Black women are waking up.

Asaro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Do Ladies Prefer Cute Or Hot Guys (With Pictures) / [EROTIC Story] Me And The Client[adults Only] / Women!!! Watch Out For These 6 Types Of Side Chicks That Steal Husbands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.