Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,446 members, 7,846,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

My Wife Is Emasculating Me - Romance (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Is Emasculating Me (103807 Views)

I Suspect My Wife Is Having Affair With Her Step Brother / My Wife's Cousin Has Visited & She's Luring Me With Her Thighs-kenyan Man (pics / My Wife Is Going For Service, Should I Impregnate Her Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ilekokonit:

Ephesians 5:22-24 King James Version (KJV)

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in EVERY THING
oga,that is applicable in Christianity or whatever religion supports that rule...how about atheists?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by midnighter(f): 6:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
strungup79:
She didn't turn the children against me. She didn't buy land anywhere and she has never referred to me as irresponsible.

Chai...

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Ilekokonit: 6:34pm On Jan 04, 2020
emmaodet:
If it is not natural for women to financially support there spouse without grumblings, then don't you think we should scrap Marriage? So that no party will feel cheated or used.
Let people just date, gf/bf things and when any is tired they can safely break it because with the look of things Marriage is stacked against Men.
Believe me, unless you are from a wealthy home or a civil servant with job security, any other man can easily meet rough weather in this journey of Life and in that case, the average woman will make earth become Hell for him.

I personally have become apprehensive about asking or collecting money from a Naija woman because of what I've witnessed over the years.

Even at the point of death I will NEVER collect money from a woman to avoid the insults that WILL follow sooner or later.

But that's not what a proper relationship should be as its very common to see an English man become a house husband while the high earning wife is the sole bread winner and she does this happily because of the LOVE she has for her husband.

Some years ago, I met an English man in his 60's coming from the pub at night and we got talking and when he told me he was unemployed, I asked him where the money for his drinks came from and he said his wife was a Headteacher and her money was his money and this na Oyinbo who by and large don't go to church or mosque.

I thought about this and his statement that his wife's money was his money hasn't left my mind since then and it left me thinking if we Nigerians actually understood what marriage and love meant at all

A lot of people don't read their own marriage vows and just repeat it blindly at the altar without giving the words a second thought as to whether they can abide by such COVENANTS or not.

A sample marriage vow will say :-

With this Ring I thee wed,
with my body I thee worship,
with all my worldly goods I thee endow.

Forsaking all others,
for better for worse,
for richer for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part.

How many Nigerian marriages where the above COVENANTS were struck by husband and wife on their wedding day in front of God and man still abide by the words of the COVENANT they entered into on their wedding day ??

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Ilekokonit: 6:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
Michellekabod2:
oga,that is applicable in Christianity or whatever religion supports that rule...how about atheists?

Fair point but if you saw the post I was responding to you will see that the person made reference to Mordecai which is a name straight out of the Christian Bible hence my response to the person came from that same Bible.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Ilekokonit: 7:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kekereekun123:
Every money i get i invest asap.

Smart move.

What do you invest in if I may ask.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by mrchineke: 8:15pm On Jan 04, 2020
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by mrchineke: 8:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
MEN.. i repeat again... do not get married in this age and time..this isnt 1930 were women were brought up well... you don't need marriage.. if you want kids, just give one girl belle and pay her.. after all thats the only thing that satisfies them "MONEY".. pay her get your kids.. by the way men aren't really crazy about kids tbh.. for me i dont really like kids lol.. hustle buy your house live alone.. men are blessed because there are so many things that make a man happy.. video games, watching sports, fixing cars.. how can you get bored living alone.. when premier league they dere grin . If you try getting married now, you are basically signing your death wish

I am in my mid fifties, you are right buddy!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2020
mrchineke:

I am in my mid fifties, you are right buddy!
haha never married?
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Dehindepgenius(m): 10:16pm On Jan 04, 2020

Hello Everybody,
I'd like to thank you all for your support, all the advice, reprimands and rebuke. My only interest was saving my marriage which I felt was on the cusp of collapse. Things are being fixed as I write. It's been a case of misconstrued intentions and ultimately my wife is not an evil person. We burt each other by things that we didn't understand especially on my part. I love my wife dearly and it's never been about money. True, my wife currently earns more than I do and shoulders the bulk of the responsibility. I guess the pressure got to us both especially me for being unable to meet my financial obligations.
The story I posted was not real, but a representation of what I felt was going on to protect our identities. Truthwillout is my wife. Once again I thank you all. Right now we're trying to heal and fix the cracks that led to this unfortunate scenario.
Thank you all.

NB: She didn't turn the children against me. She didn't buy land anywhere and she has never referred to me as irresponsible.

Wow! Looks like I have missed some action here. It takes a man to admit he is wrong, more so that he misrepresented facts and I commend the OP. Hope you guys work it out.

Cc - kennedyiheme
Otipoju
Richie240
Martinez39
BRATISLAVA

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by DNSPro: 10:26pm On Jan 04, 2020

Hello Everybody,
I'd like to thank you all for your support, all the advice, reprimands and rebuke. My only interest was saving my marriage which I felt was on the cusp of collapse. Things are being fixed as I write. It's been a case of misconstrued intentions and ultimately my wife is not an evil person. We burt each other by things that we didn't understand especially on my part. I love my wife dearly and it's never been about money. True, my wife currently earns more than I do and shoulders the bulk of the responsibility. I guess the pressure got to us both especially me for being unable to meet my financial obligations.
The story I posted was not real, but a representation of what I felt was going on to protect our identities. Truthwillout is my wife. Once again I thank you all. Right now we're trying to heal and fix the cracks that led to this unfortunate scenario.
Thank you all.

NB: She didn't turn the children against me. She didn't buy land anywhere and she has never referred to me as irresponsible.

AH... shocked shocked shocked shocked I will never take Nairaland marriage threads serious again.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Ilekokonit: 10:38pm On Jan 04, 2020

Hello Everybody,

The story I posted was not real, but a representation of what I felt was going on to protect our identities.

Truthwillout is my wife.

NB:
She didn't turn the children against me.

She didn't buy land anywhere and she has never referred to me as irresponsible.

Mr Nobody , so now that you have exposed yourself as a LIAR, what have you gained apart from trivializing what for a lot of men is a real issue and potential marriage breaker.

You have succeeded in crying wolf when there was none and when you have genuine marital problems, don't be surprised if people think you are LYING AGAIN.

What you have done is to trivialize what is a real issue for a lot of married men.

Just remember that what goes around comes around.

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 11:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
So this man just decided ti waste our time.... trust me you'll create another thread again... oshi

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
grin
Not surprised at all.

And to think some guys want to die on top this matter cheesy

Seems madam said she want to stay alone for a while since it has come to this and Mr has to pour cool water on his hot head.
Wish them the best anyway.

All marriages has their trying times.
How u handle yours is what matters.
Also it's paramount to know when to bow and allow common sense rule.

5 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Officer101(m): 12:35am On Jan 05, 2020
simonlee:
simple trick....

use a strange number to forward a text to your phone that reads "i will give you N20million and an oil company job if you divorce your wife and marry me"...
then see if she wouldn't go back to factory settings! wink
1361 likes.
The post with the highest likes, should I say that I am seeing this new year or on nairaland so far.
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by femmoy(m): 1:04am On Jan 05, 2020
funmisticqueen:
fact of life, money changes both men and women because it comes with control. It's human nature

Your wife is not emasculating you, you are just losing control of the power and finances in the family. Do you know how much BS women tolerate from men in marriages because he earns more?

Uncle, go and hustle or give your pants over to your wife and stop complaining

dumbest comment I've ever read on NL.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by mrchineke: 8:20am On Jan 05, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
haha never married?

Check all married people well! Especially once the kids are grown up. The wife will want you dead so she can dick around after taking over your assets. If you are poor then forget it!

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by mrchineke: 8:29am On Jan 05, 2020
Ilekokonit:

I personally have become apprehensive about asking or collecting money from a Naija woman because of what I've witnessed over the years.

Even at the point of death I will NEVER collect money from a woman to avoid the insults that WILL follow sooner or later.

But that's not what a proper relationship should be as its very common to see an English man become a house husband while the high earning wife is the sole bread winner and she does this happily because of the LOVE she has for her husband.

Some years ago, I met an English man in his 60's coming from the pub at night and we got talking and when he told me he was unemployed, I asked him where the money for his drinks came from and he said his wife was a Headteacher and her money was his money and this na Oyinbo who by and large don't go to church or mosque.

I thought about this and his statement that his wife's money was his money hasn't left my mind since then and it left me thinking if we Nigerians actually understood what marriage and love meant at all

A lot of people don't read their own marriage vows and just repeat it blindly at the altar without giving the words a second thought as to whether they can abide by such COVENANTS or not.

A sample marriage vow will say :-

With this Ring I thee wed,
with my body I thee worship,
with all my worldly goods I thee endow.

Forsaking all others,
for better for worse,
for richer for poorer,
in sickness and in health,
to love and to cherish,
till death us do part.

How many Nigerian marriages where the above COVENANTS were struck by husband and wife on their wedding day in front of God and man still abide by the words of the COVENANT they entered into on their wedding day ??

See loverboy! Dem born una together? If you die today, she go follow u? Or vice versa?
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 12:42pm On Jan 05, 2020
mrchineke:

Check all married people well! Especially once the kids are grown up. The wife will want you dead so she can dick around after taking over your assets. If you are poor then forget it!
grin i dey tell you bro.. the main aim of marriage is to have kids and companionship, you can have kids without marriage, and men have many things that makes them happy.. football, sports, premier leagues, hanging out with friends, playinh video games.. that is enough
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by emmaodet: 3:30pm On Jan 05, 2020
Martinez39:
Michellekabod2, Ubunja and Co. Was this not what we were discussing? Give a man power, money, and make him the bread winner, his family will benefit from him. Give a woman money, power, and make her the bread winner, her husband will see hell. OP needs to take the red-pill.

Even though the man is at home, his wife has turned turned the kids against him in the cruel and petty game of power dynamics. And many girls had the dishonesty to attack me when I created THIS TOPIC and they acted like parental alienation is not really a thing to worry about and the father should "just spend some time with the kid". Here is a man who is present in his home and yet the kid has turned against him (a case similar to that of emmaodet). Never underestimate the power of brain washing and the wickedness and brutal nature of women. Women are not fair players.

Indeed, Ilekokonit was right in THIS TOPIC OF HIS. Also the arguments and contributions made by ubunja and myself are valid. A family is supposed to work as a unit but the woman purchased properties without the man's knowledge, turned the kids against him, and disrespects him yet folks like funmisticqueen (whose personality is as ugly as she looks) turned this on the man insinuating that the man must have been cruel to his wife in the past. The op opened a joint account with his wife but now, the wife has gotten a secret account.

Any man that remains oblivious to female nature will suffer and get burnt.

Happy new year Martinez and sorry for late reply.
Just home for time off and have been very busy and hardly visit nairaland nowadays.
About the thread, i think there is nothing new about what the op. is passing through.
A lot of struggling and poor husbands/fathers are passing through emotional and psychological traumas in their homes but the society will mock, shame and laugh them if they speak out.
That is why am an advocate of men speaking out their problems so that they don't die silently.
About Funmi, i wonder why she is wondering and bordered about not having husband when she has a verrrryyyy bad attitude and very uncultured. I was once her follower but unfollowed when i saw most of her comments

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Depressed101: 7:44pm On Jan 05, 2020
funmisticqueen:
please ma, create your thread in response to his thread, we all need to hear your side of the story.

internationalman RisenPhoenix martinez30 Elder010 MajorWarren ACE010 VERDA Success410 Csrockefeller hopexter Jyde89 sodiamond thaprofit88 DNSPro carter009 DJperdurabo AreaFada2 freshvine twhy111 jaafree B1ak3 Brainsanitizer jagaban002 gidjah michellekabod2 uninspired0i seun360 chewwie Afroknight fyneboi79 Ejerry Gbemishile1 Acidosis maasoap divineappo nnaeyes6 midnighter Thatredpillguy BluntBoy daveP BiiDii sayisy bns4eva chinchonglee idiagbo86 BadBradley Kennedyiheme Corperkola Duxomen Iamsmania Obason22 sylve11 zoghys DennisEche Sterope MrSly Classcaptain1 Realhonnie IgboSomalia tomdon augustine Jeweltz lyfeJennings Thunder lasts timpaul664 zcee Apination abutujj ADAMUdaCOWBOY donogaga SgtPonzihater1 bamirotola chancit MondayUche SimDan95 77up ideatoprine18 Gofwanne pennywys Depressed101 Plead 912 Chidex50 cindybaby22 BRATISLAVA ericsmith
wow
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jan 05, 2020

Hello Everybody,
Thank you all.

Wow!!

I never believed you were lying, I just didn't like your self pity. Do you still feel your wife is emasculating you?

I wish you the best in your marriage.

Meanwhile let me update some people.

The Op has admitted that truthwillout is his wife and that he lied about some things
internationalman RisenPhoenix martinez39 Elder010 MajorWarren ACE010 VERDA Success410 Csrockefeller hopexter Jyde89 sodiamond thaprofit88 DNSPro carter009 DJperdurabo AreaFada2 freshvine twhy111 jaafree B1ak3 Brainsanitizer jagaban002 gidjah michellekabod2 uninspired0i seun360 chewwie Afroknight fyneboi79 Ejerry Gbemishile1 Acidosis maasoap divineappo nnaeyes6 midnighter Thatredpillguy BluntBoy daveP BiiDii sayisy bns4eva chinchonglee idiagbo86 BadBradley Kennedyiheme Corperkola Duxomen Iamsmania Obason22 sylve11 zoghys DennisEche Sterope MrSly Classcaptain1 Realhonnie IgboSomalia tomdon augustine Jeweltz lyfeJennings Thunder lasts timpaul664 zcee Apination abutujj ADAMUdaCOWBOY donogaga SgtPonzihater1 bamirotola chancit MondayUche SimDan95 77up ideatoprine18 Gofwanne pennywys Depressed101 Plead 912 Chidex50 cindybaby22 BRATISLAVA ericsmith

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by AfroKnight: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2020
Jeweltz:
It's hurtful to know guys who keeps bashing women here have not tender any apology on this thread

Apologise for what?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
So this man just decided ti waste our time.... trust me you'll create another thread again... oshi
After insulting me for saying the plain truth

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 05, 2020
AfroKnight:

Apologise for what?
How about 44 pages of insults from random faceless men

3 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jan 05, 2020
emmaodet:

Happy new year Martinez and sorry for late reply.
Just home for time off and have been very busy and hardly visit nairaland nowadays.
About the thread, i think there is nothing new about what the op. is passing through.
A lot of struggling and poor husbands/fathers are passing through emotional and psychological traumas in their homes but the society will mock, shame and laugh them if they speak out.
That is why am an advocate of men speaking out their problems so that they don't die silently.
About Funmi, i wonder why she is wondering and bordered about not having husband when she has a verrrryyyy bad attitude and very uncultured. I was once her follower but unfollowed when i saw most of her comments
you know op admitted that he was lying about some things right?
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jan 05, 2020
Ilekokonit:

Mr Nobody , so now that you have exposed yourself as a LIAR, what have you gained apart from trivializing what for a lot of men is a real issue and potential marriage breaker.

You have succeeded in crying wolf when there was none and when you have genuine marital problems, don't be surprised if people think you are LYING AGAIN.

What you have done is to trivialize what is a real issue for a lot of married men.

Just remember that what goes around comes around.
you aren't any better than him
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2020
funmisticqueen:
After insulting me for saying the plain truth
he was pressured to retract his statement.. every he posted here originally is the truth

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:24pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
he was pressured to retract his statement.. every he posted here originally is the truth
By who exactly?

His wife?

This is the height of insanity

7 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Kennedyiheme: 9:29pm On Jan 05, 2020
funmisticqueen:
By who exactly?

His wife?

This is the height of insanity
you never know.. she controls the house now remember?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Raalsalghul: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2020
Seems like some real shit went down on this thread, let me start from page 1.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 05, 2020
Kennedyiheme:
you never know.. she controls the house now remember?
y'all are so delusional. I can see why the wife refrained from replying.

There's no point.

@Eyeness was right about some things.

I won't bother anymore
Re: My Wife Is Emasculating Me by Nobody: 9:36pm On Jan 05, 2020
Raalsalghul:
Seems like some real shit went down on this thread, let me start from page 1.
longtime

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (Reply)

The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. / What's That Secret You Are Hiding From The Person You Are Dating Right Now? / Man Throws His Side Chick Out Of The Window After His Wife Arrived (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.