Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,525 members, 7,770,330 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:28 AM

Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed (30354 Views)

Ban Ki-Moon Lays Wreath At Scene Of Bomb Blast At UN House Abuja (Photo) / El-Rufai Visits Scene Of Bomb Explosion In Zaria, Kaduna (Photos) / Graphics Photos From Today's Explosion Scene In Damaturu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by phreakabit(m): 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
BTW is this some sort of ritual or what? How come these killings happen every time the Muslims are about to celebrate something? I am not lying if you doubt it, do some research.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 5:16pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

This is not a religious fight, its a political fight, i am VERY sure that out of the 63 reported dead, 50 is likely going to be northerners and obviously Muslims.

sad sad

which muslims? Did you not read that it was eight churches   that was burnt.  angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by xtianh(m): 5:18pm On Nov 05, 2011
I hate attack especially wen it hs 2 do wit catholic church,ds boko haram are going far, warn them o o
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by fimilejor(m): 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2011
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, my 9ja!
I know there is NO religion in this world that preaches violence. Only God knows the motive and the reason these so called "Boko-Haram" are doin this, its beyond just an ordinary thinking. Don't confuse a violent Northerner for a muslim. God knows best.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by honeric01(m): 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2011
icez:

which muslims? Did you not read that it was eight churches   that was burnt.  angry

Grow up, people don't live in the church, except on service days, you hardly see anyone in the church and i am sure it was not service period. so away with the sentiment and hatred. people died, not until they are Christians before you start raising your voice, whether Muslim or christian, they are HUMANS, get that into your HEAD! angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2011
I tnk anoda season of blast has just stated! BH has claimed responsibilty and promisd more t follow. Sory for the dead and those that will die in this season of blasts! When the dust finaly setled, the govment wil stil be studyng the situation and maping out strategy to tackle the situation! Wao, im sick of this country!
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2011
I tnk anoda season of blast has just stated! BH has claimed responsibilty and promisd more t follow. Sory for the dead and those that will die in this season of blasts! When the dust finaly setled, the govment wil stil be studyng the situation and maping out strategy to tackle the situation! Wao, im sick of this country!
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by phreakabit(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

Grow up, people don't live in the church, except on service days, you hardly see anyone in the church and i am sure it was not service period. so away with the sentiment and hatred. people died, not until they are Christians before you start raising your voice, whether Muslim or christian, they are HUMANS, get that into your HEAD! angry

Dumb!!!!!! I do suppose you are a christian right? Ever heard about Friday bible studies or Prayer meetings?? BTW did you see this thread :

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-796464.0.html#msg9482678

Tell me this thing wasn't planned.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by publisher(m): 5:32pm On Nov 05, 2011
[size=15pt]Thats the sad,unfortunate truth,70 to 80% of Boko Harams victims have been muslim northerners.[/size]
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by honeric01(m): 5:39pm On Nov 05, 2011
We Nigerians, we love looking for who to blame, when all these started, they blamed Buhari, IBB, OBJ, Dokpesi, Awolowo, even Bola Ige and to worsen it, they blamed Gaddafi for it, now that Gaddafi is gone, who else are they going to blame as a replacement? DO THE FREAKING RIGHT THING, STOP EATING THE DAMN FREAKING MONEY MEANT FOR WELFARE AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE PEOPLE.

As for those who cry foul when church getting burnt down by these people is mentioned, tell me, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CONDEMNED THEM WHEN YOU HEAR OF MOSQUE BEING BURNT DOWN? OR SOLDIERS AND POLICE OFFICERS BEING KILLED? angry angry angry angry angry sad

phreakabit:

Dumb!!!!!! I do suppose you are a christian right? Ever heard about Friday bible studies or Prayer meetings?? BTW did you see this thread :

People like you don't deserve my time, so because i am a christian, i just pollute my reasonable mind with hatred? which prayer meeting is that? and what time did they say the violence happened? read the article before jumping the gun.

When that journalist with NTA was killed, where were you? because he was an Alhaji, you suddenly went blind, now you can jump up to start raining insult on the religion, i am not a Muslim but i hate blind patriotism.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by xtianh(m): 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
I cud remember nija delta ws operatng it ws on puspose kidnappmg White men n no harm ws dne 2 them bt boko haram kip killng innocent citizens as if they are chiken,
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 5:44pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

Are you stupid? I hope not.  undecided.  Then just shut that trap of yours.  angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2011
phreakabit:

That is how they always pretend. A bunch of muderers and hypocrites.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 5:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

We Nigerians, we love looking for who to blame, when all these started, they blamed Buhari, IBB, OBJ, Dokpesi, Awolowo, even Bola Ige and to worsen it, they blamed Gaddafi for it, now that Gaddafi is gone, who else are they going to blame as a replacement? DO THE FREAKING RIGHT THING, STOP EATING THE DAMN FREAKING MONEY MEANT FOR WELFARE AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE PEOPLE.

As for those who cry foul when church getting burnt down by these people is mentioned, tell me, HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CONDEMNED THEM WHEN YOU HEAR OF MOSQUE BEING BURNT DOWN? OR SOLDIERS AND POLICE OFFICERS BEING KILLED? angry angry angry angry angry sad

People like you don't deserve my time, so because i am a christian, i just pollute my reasonable mind with hatred? which prayer meeting is that? and what time did they say the violence happened? read the article before jumping the gun.

When that journalist with NTA was killed, where were you? because he was an Alhaji, you suddenly went blind, now you can jump up to start raining insult on the religion, i am not a Muslim but i hate blind patriotism.

U have just gain the title of the daftest moderator on this site. I hope u reiterate does sentiment of your's wen on the receiving end of boko-murder. angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by phreakabit(m): 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

We Nigerians, we love looking for who to blame, when all these started, they blamed Buhari, IBB, OBJ, Dokpesi, Awolowo, even Bola Ige and to worsen it, they blamed Gaddafi for it, now that Gaddafi is gone, who else are they going to blame as a replacement? DO THE FREAKING RIGHT THING, STOP EATING THE DAMN FREAKING[b] MONEY MEANT FOR WELFARE[/b] AND DEVELOPMENT OF THE PEOPLE.

Not worth the stress. . . . . Just not worth it. You just aren't smart enough. Read my post again and maybe you will understand what I was trying to point out. Although based on your comments which are an obvious depiction of your intellectual proficiency I'd say you are a ZILCH! BTW get a Job and quit waiting for welfare, you aren't getting any younger.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by omobamital(f): 5:56pm On Nov 05, 2011
this really sad cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by passionate88: 5:59pm On Nov 05, 2011
if the attacks are politically motivated why are they bombing churches alone?, why not bomb there mosques too?. it's a religious attack nd nt political.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by ziccoit: 6:01pm On Nov 05, 2011
The truthfulness of the fact that Islam is a religion of peace does not open to question and your agreement or otherwise is immaterial.
The killings overtly or covertly being carried out in the name of Islam call for a deep concern. This is not new in the history of Nigeria. The only difference here is the spate of occurrence and frequency.
Why this when we claimed to have chosen a "fresh air" as the president. This is a pointer to the fact that mr president is a mistake in the history of Nigeria just like past rulers.
He lacks the required stuff to face the myriad of challenges bedeviling our country esp after the last general election. He needs to start acting as a president else we are just starting.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by phreakabit(m): 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2011
passionate88:

if the attacks are politically motivated why are they bombing churches alone?,  why not bomb there mosques too?. it's a religious attack nd nt political.
Glad you noticed that too. Apparently not everyone of us use our brains in issues not pertaining to football/sports. @ANYONE#NoInsultsIntended
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Torch1(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
honeric01:

This is not a religious fight, its a political fight, i am VERY sure that out of the 63 reported dead, 50 is likely going to be northerners and obviously Muslims.

sad sad
when did Nigeria muslims start going to Church? Was it churchs or mosque that were burnt by those Jihadists(Boko boyz)? Hmmm! Call a spade a spade.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by xtianh(m): 6:04pm On Nov 05, 2011
There is a sayng dt says 'wen it is happening to someone else its like its happening to a wood' put ursef into the shoes of those dt hs lost there life or their family u will knw hw it feels,
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by jidewin(m): 6:06pm On Nov 05, 2011
Energy48:

It is your kind of talk that feeds the violence. You have to learn to talk peace. Gone are the days when might ruled without opposition. The world we live in today is different. Nobody has monopoly on power anymore. Even mighty America trembles at the thought of a Jihadist suicide bomber with a nuclear bomb strapped on his body ready to blow himself up in down-town NewYork. Therefore, America talks to her enemies and tries to avoid conflict. Learn how to get along with your neighbour peacefully in todays changed environment without your AK47. What is needed is dialogue, not sabre rattling.
dude and what peace are you refering to here? im trying my best to calm down but this is just no longer an issue of warning but an issue of ACTION.what provoked the senseless killing in the first place.Seriously,i call for division of Nigeria.And if brother jonathan wont allow us separating peacefully,then we can all do it VIOLENTLY.This just isnt fair AT ALL.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by icez: 6:09pm On Nov 05, 2011
ziccoit:

The truthfulness of the fact that Islam is a religion of peace does not open to question and your agreement or otherwise is immaterial.
The killings overtly or covertly being carried out in the name of Islam call for a deep concern. This is not new in the history of Nigeria. The only difference here is the spate of occurrence and frequency.
Why this when we claimed to have chosen a "fresh air" as the president. This is a pointer to the fact that mr president is a mistake in the history of Nigeria just like past rulers.
He lacks the required stuff to face the myriad of challenges bedeviling our country esp after the last general election. He needs to start acting as a president else we are just starting.

I know GEJ is not all that. But this is not about GEJ. Was it GEJ that told them to go and kill?
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by jidewin(m): 6:11pm On Nov 05, 2011
NL i say we make a topic here demanding for HEADS of the BOKO HARAM sponsors.I have been an ardent believe in patience especially with the governance of bro Jonathan,but obviously,he either is not in control or he is completely clueless.We deserve a public execution of those already arrested in connection with boko haram and likewise arrest of whosoever are there sponsors.PLEASE PRESIDENT JONATHAN,FOR ONCE STAND UP AND FIGHT LIKE A LION AND STOP BEING A LAMB FOR A WHILE FOR GOD SAKE.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by xtianh(m): 6:15pm On Nov 05, 2011
Sumtyms i wonder wht our leader do wen they these news of bombng n citizens killng here n there, wht are really doing? Disscusng subsidy removal n appointment of mre special advisers while indviduals n innocent people killed,
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by dayokanu(m): 6:23pm On Nov 05, 2011
And what is our president Odechukwu Retardeen doing about this?

Ok. I remember he told us not to panic that terror attacks happen all over the world
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Zhulfiqar1: 6:30pm On Nov 05, 2011
I recently visited the North.i am Muslim myself and not a northerner.i am fortunate to have travelled far and wide.

I must say that these northerners associating themselves with Islam is a shame to me as a muslim.these people know nothing about Islam.they are taught 'what is sacred' and they follow like sheep.

When people use terms like 'islamist' and 'jihadist' to describe such animals,it is an insult to islam and an attempt to distort islamic terminologies,practices and beliefs.

How can a dirty looking,smelling and uncouth aboki carry a container in open daylight in public to wash his pe.nis after urinating in the name of Islam while exposing himself and adding waste to the environment? Why dont i see saudis or iranian men use water to wash their pe.nis on the road side after urinating? Is this the Islam northerners want the world to see? Or may be muslim men elsewhere dont have pe.nis or do not urinate?

You may ask why am i saying this here.i am drawing this example from the basic things to show you how ignorance,illitracy and backwardness reign supreme with some people who claim to be practicing Islam while they are the ones giving us a bad name.they lack discipline from the most common practices.unfortunately,those among them who claim to be 'islamic scholars' do not show the lay people right (haq) from wrong (batil).i have even witnessed abokis in market spreading their mat to pray on mud (poto poto)!

How on earth can any muslim say they are against 'western education'? What is it in western education that is 'forbidden'? If it is christian missionaries using western education to deceive muslims,then we can also use western education to spread islam.they should simply rise against the missionaries misuse of western education than stand against western education itself.

Can they also oppose western education because of the english language? This is a time when thousands of british women are embracing islam.this is a time when we muslims can make use of english to spread islam to the english speaking world.you cannot use hausa,fulani,arabic or yoruba to convince an english speaker to embrace islam.brilliant islamic speakers like Sheikh Ahmad Deedat, Hassanain Rajabali,Sheikh Usama Abdul-Ghani,Ammar Nakshwani and Sheikh Hamza Sodagar use english to spread the message of islam.you only need to search youtube with their names to watch their beautiful lectures.

These illitrates,violent,intolerant and backward men in the north stand against every Islam represents.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by honeric01(m): 6:34pm On Nov 05, 2011
icez:

Are you silly? I hope not.  undecided.  Then just shut that trap of yours.  angry

And you're suppose to be a christian? the better religion? the alternate to Islam? thank God i knew and know Jesus before i joined NAIRALAND to read hatred from people like you, if not, i'd be doomed for hell cos i wouldn't have chose to become a christian.

Bliss4Lyfe:

U have just gain the title of the daftest moderator on this site. I hope u reiterate does sentiment of your's wen on the receiving end of boko-murder. angry

Give yourself some respect at least, being a lady, i wouldn't want to go the thuggish way with you, and for the record, you are also a christian right? until you remove the hatred from your eyes, you won't see the main picture. those thugs killing people are not doing it for Christ nor Muhammed, wake up while you can.

@phreakabit

@Torch1

Wake up and don't join the bandwagon, think independently, this is what is killing Africans, don't be another extremist of a christian, where in the article did they mention that they were worshiping in the church? the article only said 8 churches at different locations got burnt down but you're not sure if there were any soul in the church when it happened. the same article there were fighting, gunshots and bombings a night before then so how are you sure most of the dead didn't come from there?

Stop the religious hatred, if you want to claim that my religion is better than Islam, prove it by your action and character, not the way you're going about it now.  try visiting Pastor Adeboye's facebook face often to learn how to draw people to Christianity through the way you act, reason and talk.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by phreakabit(m): 6:48pm On Nov 05, 2011
until you remove the hatred from your eyes, you won't see the main picture.

HATRED IN THE EYES?! shocked  shocked  shocked  The huge question mark I placed on your intelligence has just been justified.
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by sleek29(m): 6:49pm On Nov 05, 2011
Thank God NYSC relocated me from that place, they kept telling us lies in camp that yobe is a safe place, that living faith has a lodge for corpers in that same area, I just hope no corper was involved in this  angry
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by Nobody: 6:51pm On Nov 05, 2011
Zhul-fiqar:

I recently visited the North.i am Muslim myself and not a northerner.i am fortunate to have travelled far and wide.

I must say that these northerners associating themselves with Islam is a shame to me as a muslim.these people know nothing about Islam.they are taught 'what is sacred' and they follow like sheep.

When people use terms like 'islamist' and 'jihadist' to describe such animals,it is an insult to islam and an attempt to distort islamic terminologies,practices and beliefs.

How can a dirty looking,smelling and uncouth aboki carry a container in open daylight in public to wash his pe.nis after urinating in the name of Islam while exposing himself and adding waste to the environment? Why dont i see saudis or iranian men use water to wash their pe.nis on the road side after urinating? Is this the Islam northerners want the world to see? Or may be muslim men elsewhere dont have pe.nis or do not urinate?

You may ask why am i saying this here.i am drawing this example from the basic things to show you how ignorance,illitracy and backwardness reign supreme with some people who claim to be practicing Islam while they are the ones giving us a bad name.they lack discipline from the most common practices.unfortunately,those among them who claim to be 'islamic scholars' do not show the lay people right (haq) from wrong (batil).i have even witnessed abokis in market spreading their mat to pray on mud (poto poto)!

How on earth can any muslim say they are against 'western education'? What is it in western education that is 'forbidden'? If it is christian missionaries using western education to deceive muslims,then we can also use western education to spread islam.they should simply rise against the missionaries misuse of western education than stand against western education itself.

Can they also oppose western education because of the english language? This is a time when thousands of british women are embracing islam.this is a time when we muslims can make use of english to spread islam to the english speaking world.you cannot use hausa,fulani,arabic or yoruba to convince an english speaker to embrace islam.brilliant islamic speakers like Sheikh Ahmad Deedat, Hassanain Rajabali,Sheikh Usama Abdul-Ghani,Ammar Nakshwani and Sheikh Hamza Sodagar use english to spread the message of islam.you only need to search youtube with their names to watch their beautiful lectures.

These illitrates,violent,intolerant and backward men in the north stand against every Islam represents.
^^^TOP POST.
I enjoyed my one year stay in the north,was even considering going back there to start life(low cost of living etc). However,with each passing day,i keep deciding against it. You never know when the peaceful neighbourhood would turn to a nightmare. God help us!
Re: Another Series Of Bomb Blast In Damaturu, Dozens Killed by koolman: 6:55pm On Nov 05, 2011
I wonder why Nigerian leaders were making noise when USA listed us as a terrorist country.
Meanwhile we are acting like one. The best option is to divide this country for good.
The nomenclature called ONE NIGERIA is not realistic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law / Count Us Out Of Biafra, Itsekiri Tell IPOB, MASSOB / Biafra: Nnamdi Kanu Is Talking Nonsense - Edwin Clark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.