Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,534 members, 7,816,304 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? (17893 Views)

Poll: Would you marry a man if he was not attractive but he treated you like a queen?

move on and find and attractive replacement: 30% (7 votes)
stay and hope to fall in the love: 69% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 3:50am On Nov 16, 2007
is putting out everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you always put out to keep a man almondjoy?
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 3:52am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

@nwando- that's unfair. I'm not dating anyone else I am giving him all of my attention except physical. I WILL NOT LET HIM GO!!!! The man does things for me that no one else has ever offered(non financial). I want to see where it goes but would have to be intoxicated to have sex with him. He reminds me of a turtle.

Over to you nwando.  Don't want to be banned again this night.  I don dey vex!  This one needs your gentle  sisterly/motherly/wifely/girlee/womanly touch.  I will only observe for now--let me take ma agbero behind somewhere else! cheesy

kconfused:

is putting out everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you always put out to keep a man almondjoy?

No, but it is part of a healthy relationship between a man and a woman--don't care what your religion preaches. Don't you have a daughter, like you have not been putting out--and have evidence to show for it? Why is this man any different. Now it his turn, you want to mysteriously turn "born again"? undecided My dear no let me write word this night oh! cheesy

Observing---------in read mode only------!!!!!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 3:56am On Nov 16, 2007
still love you almondjoy. we are all adults here. come on don't act like that kiss
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 3:57am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

@nwando- that's unfair. I'm not dating anyone else I am giving him all of my attention except physical. I WILL NOT LET HIM GO!!!! The man does things for me that no one else has ever offered(non financial). I want to see where it goes but would have to be intoxicated to have sex with him. He reminds me of a turtle.

Chineke God of Abia state
You are hanging with a man that reminds you of a turtle,you don't have the balls to tell him because you're using him and you think it's okay.

I never said jump into his "sealy posturepedic"
I would never say that to someone unmarried

If you think you've been good to this man ,may some guy treat you exactly the same.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 3:58am On Nov 16, 2007
The  "I will not let him go" part was rather perplexing.
Did you tie him down with juju?

I'm sure this man has a brain
just wait.
Soon he will surely let you go
he may be a turtle, but he can't be that dumb
just a matter of time.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 4:00am On Nov 16, 2007
Huh!----------

nwando:

Chineke God of Abia state
You are hanging with a man that reminds you of a turtle,[/b]you don't have the balls to tell him because you're using him and you think it's okay.

I never said jump into his "sealy posturepedic"
[b]I would never say that to someone unmarried

If you think you've been good to this man ,may some guy treat you exactly the same.

Please the woman has a daughter--too late to preach all that stuff!

kconfused:

still love you almondjoy. we are all adults here. come on don't act like that kiss

Adults? --I don't think the word "love" should be used at all in your vocab--either jokingly or seriously. People like you should not even spell that word! Say What? I don't even think you love yourself. undecided Because you do not know what you want and think you can control others with your whims and caprices. You are full of games!

nwando, this Kconfused person is a man I suspect! cheesy
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:01am On Nov 16, 2007
nwando I want to try. I don't want to give up on a good thing. I'm not using him. He's gives me nothing that I can't get for myself. He is just a quality man that I want to build something with.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

nwando I want to try. I don't want to give up on a good thing. I'm not using him. He's gives me nothing that I can't get for myself. He is just a quality man that I want to build something with.

a quality turtle you mean?
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 4:05am On Nov 16, 2007
almondjoy:

Huh!----------

Please the woman has a daughter--too late to preach all that stuff!

Adults?

nwando, this Kconfused person is a man I suspect! cheesy

I actually picked that up a few pages ago.
There are some languages he/she used that gave it away.
I wanted to play along for a while.
LOL
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:05am On Nov 16, 2007
@almondjoy- I've done nothing but be honest. If you can't handle it then you need not post. I'm taking all of your constructive criticisms and trying to learn from it that's why I'm here. I'm sure you've made mistakes in your life and had good people to give advice.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 4:07am On Nov 16, 2007
nwando:

I actually picked that up a few pages ago.
There are some languages he/she used that gave it away.[/b]I wanted to play along for a while.
LOL

Ah-ah? Na wah for Nairaland oh! tongue See this man wan try us oh! cheesy Any real babe as you can see Kconfused can smell a man even in our sleep. Your moves are "funny"! grin

kconfused:

@almondjoy- I've done nothing but be honest. If you can't handle it then you need not post. I'm taking all of your constructive criticisms and trying to learn from it that's why I'm here. [b]I'm sure you've made mistakes in your life and had good people to give advice.

One mistake you made here is to come to Nairaland to look for girlfriends with this your story.  You are a man. angry
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:10am On Nov 16, 2007
ROFL, I am a woman. What in the world would make you think that I'm a man?.
nwando- don't turn on me now
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:11am On Nov 16, 2007
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 4:13am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. lipsrsealed
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:35am On Nov 16, 2007
He is getting a job in a different area and wants me to look at homes with him. He has so many dreams and goals that he's shared with me and I want to help him achieve them. This man is any woman's dream and I can't walk away. One day I'm sure to fall in love with him cry
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 16, 2007
maybe after a sex change operation.
biko let's hear something!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

He is getting a job in a different area and wants me to look at homes with him. He has so many dreams and goals that he's shared with me and I want to help him achieve them. This man is any woman's dream and I can't walk away. One day I'm sure to fall in love with him cry

You are the embodiment of selfishness. You dont love this man but you cant walk away since you are not sure you will get a better man. . . so its best for you to just keep pretending, preventing the poor man from sharing his dreams with a woman who truly deserves him.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:43am On Nov 16, 2007
maybe that is true and it is selfish. I guess I have a big decision to make. Thanks for your comment davidylan
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by edmondo(m): 4:45am On Nov 16, 2007
just take  ur time at let the feeling materialise to love.
best of luck
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:45am On Nov 16, 2007
maybe that is true and it is selfish. I guess I have a big decision to make. Thanks for your comment davidylan
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 4:53am On Nov 16, 2007
@edmondo- Thanks for your comment. I'm not a bad person but I think people assume you're bad if you're honest. If I was perfect and without problems I would not be here seeking advice. Nice guy,lots of ambition and a lot to offer. I appreciate everything about him except I not physically attracted. I am trying to be a better person and look beyond the physical- he could not do anything more to be a perfect catch. He's perfect just the way he is I'm the one that needs to change.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 16, 2007
If you dont love him now you never will, the best is you might just learn to tolerate him.
Dont punish him any further, leave him to move on and meet someone else. You cant eat your cake and have it. Sexual attraction is a huge part of a successful marriage. . . if he looks like a turtle today he wont morph into a lion overnight.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 5:03am On Nov 16, 2007
undecided
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Jezzy(f): 5:53am On Nov 16, 2007
This is getting more hilarous by the minute.(so the man now reminds her of a turtle--stories that touch the heart).Pcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 6:01am On Nov 16, 2007
davidylan:

If you don't love him now you never will, the best is you might just learn to tolerate him.
Dont punish him any further, leave him to move on and meet someone else. You can't eat your cake and have it. Sexual attraction is a huge part of a successful marriage. . . if he looks like a turtle today he wont morph into a lion overnight.

He he he. grin

kconfused:

undecided

Still confused I see? cheesy
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 6:47am On Nov 16, 2007
today we will meet for breakfast and everytime I see him I hope to see him in a different light. I am going to try and be loving and tender towards him in hopes that I can develop some feelings for him. If I look at the positive things about this man maybe I can look pass the 1 negative that I see and maybe we can have relations. It is probably time that we consumate our relationship and see what lies ahead. Right now as I sit here I can't wait to see him but how will I feel when I see him embarassed
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 6:55am On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

today we will meet for breakfast and everytime I see him I hope to see him in a different light. I am going to try and be loving and tender towards him in hopes that I can develop some feelings for him. If I look at the positive things about this man maybe I can look pass the 1 negative that I see and maybe we can have relations. It is probably time that we consumate our relationship and see what lies ahead. Right now as I sit here I can't wait to see him but how will I feel when I see him embarassed

I thought you wanted to wait till your wedding night to "comsumate"? cheesy

Sorry to say--you started all wrong and I do not think this is going to turn out right any which way you choose to approach it. Your state of mind is very "emotionally unhealthy". If you sleep with this dude, or marry him or whatever--this relationship is bound to turn out like all the rest. Not being a pessimist--but a realist as always. You have major emotional and psychological issues of recognition, acceptance and fulfillment.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 7:01am On Nov 16, 2007
I don't think I've ever said that in any of my post. I don't have a problem doing the deed I have a problem doing the deed with him. sad

almondjoy - where did you earn your degree in psychology?
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 7:02am On Nov 16, 2007
At this stage in your life? How did you have your daughter if I may ask. Were you conscious? undecided
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 7:08am On Nov 16, 2007
@almondjoy- Good question about my daughter. Rather than speculate I'm glad that you asked the question. Her dad and I dated, got married and had her in a healthy union. Yes, I was fully conscious. tongue
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by LankyGirl(f): 9:05am On Nov 16, 2007
its said that if don't know where you  are going u will never get there,  is it the money u want or the love?i strongly believe that no one can decide for you.you are just making jest of us you know exactly what  you want. shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Frankies(m): 1:29pm On Nov 16, 2007
almondjoy:

I thought you wanted to wait till your wedding night to "comsumate"? cheesy

Sorry to say--you started all wrong and I do not think this is going to turn out right any which way you choose to approach it. Your state of mind is very "emotionally unhealthy". If you sleep with this dude, or marry him or whatever--this relationship is bound to turn out like all the rest. Not being a pessimist--but a realist as always. You have major emotional and psychological issues of recognition, acceptance and fulfillment.

@ almondjoy

You seem to be very pessimistic of life esp marriage. I have always told you that you dont have a lovely marriage does not mean others will not.
At least I have and enjoy my marriage.

Shape your mouth when you want to talk. you shapeless amoeba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

14 Ways To Enjoy Valentine’s Day As A Single Person - Gistvic / BREAK UPS: Some Tips On How To Finally Get Your Ex Back Asap / Divorced / Separated? How’s Life After That? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.