Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,647 members, 7,816,660 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? (17896 Views)

Poll: Would you marry a man if he was not attractive but he treated you like a queen?

move on and find and attractive replacement: 30% (7 votes)
stay and hope to fall in the love: 69% (16 votes)
This poll has ended

Beauty Vs Manners, Who Should I Marry? / What Sort Of Devilish Wife Did I Marry? / My Family Wants Me To Marry For Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Frankies(m): 1:45pm On Nov 16, 2007
almondjoy:

At this stage in your life?  How did you have your daughter if I may ask.  Were you conscious? undecided

What kind of retarded question is this. When I told you that all you have in your brain can be written in a piece of stamp.

You can see that all your posts always prove me right.

senseless old fool
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by akeye(f): 2:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
i dont really know wat to say
if the man is nice and treats u like a queen den shuld give him a try.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 4:14pm On Nov 16, 2007
Frankies:

What kind of retarded question is this. When I told you that all you have in your brain can be written in a piece of stamp.

You can see that all your posts always prove me right.

senseless old fool

The nature of the question is self-evident--you block head!  Patron of Prostitutes! Young retarded goat!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Emmyzwon: 4:18pm On Nov 16, 2007
girlishfella.7geek.com
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Frankies(m): 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2007
Sweet T:

@Almondjoy
What yearr did you take that picture on your profile ? 1865 ?

@ sweet T,

I have told her that she is a senseless old fool. I never knew that another person saw that pic. Besides , her writing is too retarded for my liking.

She sounds like a frustrated old mistress in her hubby house ,no wonder she keeps secret from the husband.

I pity you almond
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Frankies(m): 4:24pm On Nov 16, 2007
hbrednic:

@sweet T
so you see that picture too.
that picture must have been taking in the days of lord lugard grin grin grin

Almondjoy pic shows a kind of person she is. Dont be suprise, have you forgotten the side she came from.

She was sounding so senseless that I was forced to ask her the village she came from.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 5:09pm On Nov 16, 2007
So we spent the day together and it was a nice day. He kept on telling how happy he is that our paths crossed again and was happy that he has another chance. He talked about how it is important it is to find a quality person and he is willing to do anything for our relationship to work. He said the only thing that's missing is "cuddling" but he does not push it because he does not want to rock the boat. Although I'm the one with the problem I told him that he shouldn't just accept things because he's afraid of "rocking the boat". I think a part of the problem is that he is to accommodating. He has no opinion and wants to do whatever makes me happy. How about we do something THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 5:17pm On Nov 16, 2007
Frankies:

@ almondjoy

You seem to be very pessimistic of life esp marriage. I have always told you that you don't have a lovely marriage does not mean others will not.
At least I have and enjoy my marriage.

Shape your mouth when you want to talk. you shapeless amoeba

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Nov 16, 2007
Frankies:

@ sweet T,

I have told her that she is a senseless old fool. I never knew that another person saw that pic. Besides , her writing is too retarded for my liking.

She sounds like a frustrated old mistress in her hubby house ,no wonder she keeps secret from the husband.

I pity you almond

frankies,still nursing wounds from the email thread when your dirty linen was spread out for all and sundry.
Kpele.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 6:46pm On Nov 16, 2007
nwando:

frankies,still nursing wounds from the email thread[b] when your dirty linen was spread out for all and sundry[/b].
Kpele.

The boy don ves no be small.  He has been bleeding since yesterday and is about to lose consciousness! cheesy

Frankies:

Almondjoy pic shows a kind of person she is. Dont be suprise, have you forgotten the side she came from.

She was sounding so senseless that I[b] was forced to ask her the village she came from.[/b]

Sorry brov!  Please stop your bleeding nose! Before you quench with "almondjoy" on your last breath! grin Agenegbode live--is the village! Born and bred you Idiot! Post your own Jaja of Opobo picture let us see how you look!

Frankies:

@ almondjoy

You seem to be very pessimistic of life esp marriage. I have always told you that you don't have a lovely marriage does not mean others will not.
At least I have and enjoy my marriage.

Shape your mouth when you want to talk. you shapeless amoeba

kconfused:

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!

Heh!----Why won't I be shapeles?  When you have been given me nothing but "unhealthy patronage" and made me old and ugly since my "Lugard days"! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Please post Mrs. Frankies pix up there let us see how shapely your "man friend" is.  Abi na she-male! grin Beast of no gender!

Go and shape your wife's mouth since we all know what it looks like-- a Motel 6 latrine!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 6:56pm On Nov 16, 2007
kconfused:

So we spent the day together and it was a nice day. He kept on telling how happy he is that our paths crossed again and was happy that he has another chance. He talked about how it is important it is to find a quality person and he is willing to do anything for our relationship to work.

He said the only thing that's missing is "cuddling" but he does not push it because he does not want to rock the boat. Although I'm the one with the problem I told him that he shouldn't just accept things because he's afraid of "rocking the boat". I think a part of the problem is that he is to accommodating. He has no opinion and wants to do whatever makes me happy. How about we do something THAT MAKES YOU HAPPY!

Okay now.  Please come back and tell us more.  Have you agreed to marry him?  At this point we can only listen as you make progress.

kconfused:

@almondjoy- Good question about my daughter. Rather than speculate I'm glad that you asked the question. Her dad and I dated, got married and had her in a healthy union. Yes, I was fully conscious. tongue

Thanks for the re-assurance.  In that case you have been married before so no need to re-marry. Just keep him as a companion. You do not need another marriage disaster on your record for 2 strikes.  So keep doing what you are doing because like I said, this one will end in divorce even if you marry a perfect "gent" like Frankies! grin
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 7:48pm On Nov 16, 2007
@almondjoy- What is wrong with you eh? Sometimes you are nice and somtimes you can be mean oh. I don't know but keep posting you are indeed fun cheesy
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 7:58pm On Nov 16, 2007
He he he he he he! grin Mean ke? Because I said you should not get married to the "turtle"? You call your 'heartthrob" a turtle and you say I am mean? shocked
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 8:01pm On Nov 16, 2007
embarassed
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by uyai(f): 5:14pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ Kconfused.

I was in the same situation. When i met my guy, i thought he was too short, too big(muscular), fingers to short. But he was perfect in all other categories, i choose to focus on those three things. Especially because the other guy that was asking me out was dreamy, JUST the type of guy i'm usually attracted to. But i decided to close that chapter.

Guess what, he has proposed to me, I thank God i didn't let him go because of physical characteristics he had no control over. Having sex with him also helped. cuz like it or not guys, sex is very important in a relationship. Aside from money, sex is the major cause of divorce.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by enfuse(m): 6:55pm On Nov 17, 2007
@ poster
If you had to chose for marriage; a "Danzel " that is insensitive and unstable or a "Seal" that is stable, loving and romantic which would you go for? Life is full of options and the decisions we make live on after us. So before taking on decisions, it's important to know the ESSENCE of making that decision. I would say if you've thought deeply about getting married and staying happily married, you wouldn't care much a bout looks. (No intensions to be disrecpectful)
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2007
uyai:

@ Kconfused.

I was in the same situation. When i met my guy, i thought he was too short, too big(muscular), fingers to short. But he was perfect in all other categories, i choose to focus on those three things. Especially because the other guy that was asking me out was dreamy, JUST the type of guy i'm usually attracted to. But i decided to close that chapter.

Guess what, he has proposed to me, I thank God i didn't let him go because of physical characteristics he had no control over. Having sex with him also helped. because like it or not guys, sex is very important in a relationship. Aside from money, sex is the major cause of divorce.

One time baby! One time is all it takes and a trial will convince you. These "turtles" usually compensate for all other inadequacies in the bedroom. I can testify! cheesy
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 17, 2007
Uyai . . . sex is important in a relationship BUT it is not the glue that binds relationships together. When the scales of sexual euphoria falls of your eyes you'll be back to complaining about his height and the size of his fingers. Marriage is a good way of taking the scales off the eyes.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 8:42pm On Nov 17, 2007
She did not say all that.  She only meant that it helped make the relationship have a sense of direction.  Read it well--she said the man had money too--perfect in all other categories.  No scale can fall from your eyes with money in the bank.  No matter how short the fingers and toes of the "turtle" are!!!!!  Serious women who know what time it is know better--leave that thing.  Stability all the way!!!!  You guys can keep your Omarion-looking faces.  Like na face we go chop? shocked
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 9:36pm On Nov 17, 2007
I see that I have some new views on this whole thing-

@Uyai- Was it because he proposed you felt differently? If he didn't propose would you still have found fault with him? I just want to know because as much as I want marriage I don't think a ring would change anything. Was it difficult to have sex with him? What I do know is that no other man has presented themselves in such a way. This man gets an A in everything else but the physical. I understand it fades and I should focus on the "everything else" and I do believe once I have sex I probably would feel differently. How do I get there?

@en-fuse wink
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 9:46pm On Nov 17, 2007
kconfused:

@Uyai- Was it because he proposed you felt differently? If he didn't propose would you still have found fault with him? I just want to know because as much as I want marriage I don't think a ring would change anything. Was it difficult to have sex with him? What I do know is that no other man has presented themselves in such a way. This man gets an A in everything else but the physical.

I understand it fades and I should focus on the "everything else" and I do believe once I have sex I probably would feel differently. How do I get there?

@en-fuse wink

Like most married people are not struggling to keep it from fading? cheesy  If you like marry Ibrahim Babangidda or The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia--It will still fade.  Only the money and friendship will keep you going.  Has it ever occured to you that the tables might turn on you in any relationship.  You have been married before and you sure know what "fading signs" feel like. cheesy

You should be an expert by now instead of playing on our intelligence here for global entertainment.  You may think you have control now.  But later you might just be the "turtle" in the relationship.  So try not to be too choosy and calculating.  All might just backfire and you will find yourself back at "square 1"  on Nairaland with "shrimp #3"!!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Please keep the fun coming folks.  Are we having fun or what cry

@kconfused
I know sey you tire for ma matter. cheesy  Me sef tire for you as you keep this thread going.  So let's enjoy this weekend together! cheesy
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 9:52pm On Nov 17, 2007
@alomondjoy- cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin- you are sooooo funny oh!!!!!!!!!!!
"the turtle in the relationship"
"shrimp #3"

ha ha ha ha ha! too funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by kconfused(f): 9:54pm On Nov 17, 2007
@almondjoy- if this works out I invite you to the wedding as our entertainment- you are the funniest person ever
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2007
kconfused:

@almondjoy- if this works out I invite you to the wedding as our entertainment- you are the funniest person ever

Keep laughing.  Just don't bring a "shirimp" to Nairaland next to beg us to help you cry oh! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy  Please send the invitation fast!
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Nov 17, 2007
abeg kconfused let us know when your turtle reptile becomes an amphibian grin
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 17, 2007
kconfused:

@Uyai- Was it because he proposed you felt differently? If he didn't propose would you still have found fault with him? I just want to know because as much as I want marriage I don't think a ring would change anything. Was it difficult to have sex with him? What I do know is that no other man has presented themselves in such a way. This man gets an A in everything else but the physical. I understand it fades and I should focus on the "everything else" and I do believe once I have sex I probably would feel differently. How do I get there?

@en-fuse wink

Please kconfused,can you describe this man from head to toe.
My imagination has been running wild trying to imagine what he looks like.
please help us paint a clearer,more vivid picture
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by olanajim(m): 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2007
I can see that the poster is having a good time with my babe! She is damn funny and could turn a serious matter to comedy. I wonder why seun is penalising her.

Anyway, you'd got the best advice so far. It is left to you whether you want to act or not. Learn to love him and appreciate his body. You can make it work if you want it work. If he is not a pig, if he is not a goat, if he is not a monster, if he is not invested with HIV, then you can learn to love him and have stability in your home. Let me tell you that you are actually confusiing yourself. If a woman can seduce a man to have sex with her, I see no reason why you can't work on a man you want to marry. It is your job. Almondjoy was telling you the truth in between her sacarsm.

PS.
Don't employ her as your entertainer, she would give your guests hypertention! If you must invite her, get medics on standby. Don't say I don't warn you.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 10:42pm On Nov 17, 2007
olanajim:

I can see that the poster is having a good time with my babe! She is damn funny and could turn a serious matter to comedy. I wonder why seun is penalising her.

Anyway, you'd got the best advice so far. It is left to you whether you want to act or not. Learn to love him and appreciate his body. You can make it work if you want it work. If he is not a pig, if he is not a goat, if he is not a monster, if he is not invested with HIV, then you can learn to love him and have stability in your home. Let me tell you that you are actually confusiing yourself.

If a woman can seduce a man to have sex with her, I see no reason why you can't work on a man you want to marry. It is your job. Almondjoy was telling you the truth in between her sacarsm.

PS.
Don't employ her as your entertainer, she would give your guests hypertention! If you must invite her, get medics on standby. Don't say I don't warn you.

Olanajim,

he he he he he he he. cheesy  Thanks for your male imput.  But errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr-- Is everything alright? shocked  Hmmmmmmmmmm? 

I am so glad you understand me better now.  You have been campaigning for my obituary on Nairaland all last week with some serious warnings.  Na wah oh! grin

Please tell her to co-operate with the guy.  Infact she does not know her job.  The art of turning a "frog into a Prince". 

nwando:

Please kconfused,can you describe this man from head to toe.
My imagination has been running wild trying to imagine what he looks like.
please help us paint a clearer,more vivid picture

De nwando?
Why are you dragging this matter?  Please do not remind this woman of the man's royal "turtleness".  We have finally gotten her to attempt a conjugal visit and hopefully marriage.  Please do not take us back biko.  I know it is contrary to your beliefs but can we make an exception since she has past that "first time" stage.  Also the weather is getting pretty bad and everyone needs a "natural blanket" for the next 6 months for spiritual matters.  Please try to convince her that the ugliest men ALWAYS make the greatest lovers. grin  They usually make a believer out of you in the bedroom.  Kconfused darling, are you with me? grin 

Gosh! I better be careful--this na cold season and some people no get partner--it is going to be a hellish winter for some people I swear! Can't imagine my bed at this time of the year without at least 5 people in it to warm it up---I did not say men oh!!!.

@kconfused

I need to invite you to Agenegbode for Xmas to show you how certain things ought to be done.  What say you?  I really do not want you to miss this errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr? lipsrsealed  I do not know where you live,  But if the weather is anything to go by now, in this part of the world where I live, you are in for some serious wahala. If you are anywhere in the tropics, that is okay but you cannot try this nonsense with this guy at this time of the year in any "temperate" zone on this planet.  Even night vigils will not warm you up so just consider for the next 6 months so you can have peace of mind. grin  I don't want you to take your frustration out on my little "god daughter".  grin
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by olanajim(m): 11:01pm On Nov 17, 2007
Alimondjoy,
I always understand you. Maybe you'd forgotten the "mirror business". You can't say you don't know about it. I still use mine though am not sure you are using the correct one anymore.

As for your obituary, I told you I have no filial relation with nairaland undertakers. I am sure you know my mirror works hence my intuition. Some people won't believe you are alive. Seriously this conversation must stop here. Many don't know what obituary has to do with you. It is normal. If you don't mind, I want to chat you on my YM, I have a personal message for you and I won't post it on nairaland. You know how to reach me.

On the poster, she had taken note of the point. Thanks.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by almondjoy(f): 11:08pm On Nov 17, 2007
olanajim:

Alimondjoy,
I always understand you. Maybe you'd forgotten the "mirror business". You can't say you don't know about it. I still use mine though am not sure you are using the correct one anymore.

As for your obituary, I told you I have no filial relation with nairaland undertakers. I am sure you know my mirror works hence my intuition. Some people won't believe you are alive. Seriously this conversation must stop here. Many don't know what obituary has to do with you. It is normal. If you don't mind, I want to chat you on my YM, [b]I have a personal message for you and I won't post it on nairaland. You know how to reach me.[/b]On the poster, she had taken note of the point. Thanks.

Okay papa! I will behave. grin See you on the YM--I think I can trust you.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by olanajim(m): 11:13pm On Nov 17, 2007
Absolutely and confidential. Just leave a message or send email. It is on my profile. Take care.
Re: Should I Marry For Love Or Stability? by olanajim(m): 11:17pm On Nov 17, 2007
Absolutely and confidential. Just leave a message or send email. It is on my profile. Take care.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

14 Ways To Enjoy Valentine’s Day As A Single Person - Gistvic / BREAK UPS: Some Tips On How To Finally Get Your Ex Back Asap / Divorced / Separated? How’s Life After That? Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.