Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,562 members, 7,816,363 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... (21165 Views)

I Turned Down This White Boy Who Tried To Have Sex With Me- I Am Scared! / I Just Bashed A Mercedes Benz, But Thank God For Christmas / My Boss Threatened To Sack Me Because I Turned Down Her Advances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman , im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.

ur grammar says it all. No need for further xplanation. undecided
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by freshmoney(m): 12:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
@OP: You are a stereotype of arrogance. You snobbish cliche of pomposity. You said you are beautiful right? Sorry, no, you are not; you reek offensively of ugliness and low self-esteem. Why would you come on Nairaland singing, and side-stepping to the slogan of ' He was driving a benz and I refused him'? Dolts like you remain partner-less in their late 30s after they must have turned down lots of suitors.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by mikron(m): 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2012
@ OP u dont sound like a mature person to me. What if he is 34? And you think you are a baby yourself. @ 23 you are not a kid anymore so grow up. I thought u wanted to say he drives a roll royce or a bentley. So any guy that drives a benz is the next thing to heaven for you. Pathetic. You are really a bush girl. Continue to be choosy. Na wen u reach 30yrs u go know say there is a diff b/w 6 and half a dozen

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 12:35pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

are you the type of man who prefers them young and dumb?

that way its easier to run weak game?

that an older woman would balk at, laughing in your face

before going on her merry way?

Ouch! That's
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 12:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

That's a perfect reply.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by princecemo(m): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
I AM VERY SURE THAT THE MERCEDES IS NOT THE 2008-2012 MODEL, MAYBE ITS ONE OF THIS REGULAR MERCEDES 230. I WISH U ALL THE BEST ANYWAY....KEEP TURNING DEM DOWN UNTIL U GET TO 28 DEN U WILL KNOW WHATSUP. grin
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by carlos86: 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman, im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.

Since what year did 34 become "old"?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Sweetdbest: 12:42pm On Jun 01, 2012
@OK=2=NV

You said the right thing. Her opinion is for now. Just 5yrs from now, you will be begging OBJ to marry you or IBB to come take away your problem as you will become a liability.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Claracuzio: 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2012
190: [size=18pt]OMG!!

She turned down a guy driving a 190 - A 190 shocked shocked shocked

Afterall 190 is also BENZ![/size]

190 I know say u must involve for this matter!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by scribble: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

both. he was too old, although i was tempted to give him my phone number. perhaps if he could afford the car note on it, then maybe he would have been able to take me nice places and do nice things for me. but then i reminded myself that all that glitters is not gold. usually older men always either have a wife or girlfriend at and the only thing a young woman could ever be to them was a plaything, then they go back home. im not in the mood to get my feelings hurt. plus, just because he has money, does not mean he would have been generous with it. so in my eyes it was a lose/lose situation.

So OP you've had experience with rich guys before who weren't generous. Ijebu men like Adenuga, and Balogun perhaps?

You are a reformed gold-digger but ur reason for reformation leaves much too be desired.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
Front-page caption's quite funny:

"She Turned Down A Benz-Driving Suitor: Clap For Her!"

LOLz.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jun 01, 2012
​A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ a virgin?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by juleze(f): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

That's a perfect reply.
Keep up the good work sis!
But I'll like to chip it in that you shouldn't pass up the chance to meet your true love by assuming that because of the age difference he's looking for a play thing or has a wife or girl somewhere. Doesn't always work that way as life isn't all about black or white, as there are also greys.

There was a Christian family friend who was 39 year old doctor, and was interested in me (I was 25 at the time). Over the years he had spent most evenings at our house, so he didn't have any girl or wife. So be careful about making assumptions that isn't based on facts.

Wish you the best gurl...and don't be tempted to let go till you're married.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Basildon1(m): 12:47pm On Jun 01, 2012
To be honest, i dont think you should have been bothered whether he came on a skateboard or a benz.

What you should have thought of was IF there was a connection worth exploring. From the way you judged him it seems you on a hype about cars and it's only a matter of time before someone uses it EFFECTIVELY on you! (if na 2012 SLK 250, you go don faint abi)
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone: and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers. I must admit, it was mighty tempting, but he told me his age and i flipped. at 23, a 34 year old man is way too old for me. but for some reason i feel like i did something wrong, or that i should have given him a chance. but at the same time, this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your mess?"

on the other hand im scolding myself. What is wrong with me!!! I feel like im self sabotaging or something.
and dis made the front page?! Like seriously, what is nairaland becoming?? undecided
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by scribble: 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone:

i am in no way insecure. im a quite a pretty woman, im just tired of old dirty men trying to take advantage of younger women!! besides, I want a young, flyy guy around my own age.

Insecurity is the least of your problems. Stupidity on the other hand may be something u need to look into getting out of.

what makes him dirty? That he sees something he likes and goes for it. Whether he is single, you didnt care to ask. Now u r here running all sort of possible scenarios. Abeg can you let us hear word.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by born2boink(m): 12:50pm On Jun 01, 2012
If this happened in nigeria for real, the whole world will turn dark for seven days,even babangida or obasanjo daughter will not reject offer bbecause according to corrupted mind of nigeria ladies,if tthey have one billion in their account, they will still be poking noise in 10,000 naira in their boyfriend account
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by 79733139(m): 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone: and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers. I must admit, it was mighty tempting, but he told me his age and i flipped. at 23, a 34 year old man is way too old for me. but for some reason i feel like i did something wrong, or that i should have given him a chance. but at the same time, this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your mess?"

on the other hand im scolding myself. What is wrong with me!!! I feel like im self sabotaging or something.

You did nothing wrong... keep turning down every man that has a flashy car or is more than 1 year older than you... Don't give any guy that is not your image of perfection a chance... keep raising your standards... you would find your Prince Charming...

Yeah right... the way you wrote the post shows clearly that your arrogance is based on your age... did you connect with the guy? was he polite? did he act arrogant? those are what you should look out for NOT his car or his age! If you continue with your mindset... you would be grovelling at so many men begging for a serious relationship!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 01, 2012
OP,

You need to know what exactly you want in life. I know that people's environment shape the way they think and also the expectations they have from life. A man riding a benz is no big deal even if it is a big matter to you. So to begin with, that's no story. A man at 35 is 'young'. Your mentality seems to be that you have got time - you clearly have no time. Your thinking and how much you have learnt from life is key. At that age as a lady if you still thinking that way, you would need to bring your learning up to speed and make up for lost time.

It is sad that people are so narrow-minded in thought.

I fully agree with all those who have said you would certainly go searching desperately at 27-29 if you are not hooked up by then and who knows? maybe someone much older than 34.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by OMEGAJAY(m): 12:52pm On Jun 01, 2012
Congrats for a job well done. Now the guy is pushing benz but you proudly turned him down, there is nothing so bad in rejecting an offer but you shouldn't make fun of it because of your future and remember you cannot hold back the hand of the clock if you still think that you are very young. These are kind of mistakes that poses so many mistress in our society today and you have just started your own with announcement later the pastor will be given the responsibility of prayer and fasting for even wheelbarrow pusher to be called a man for ....... Hello your beauty may disappoint you.

Good luck ooo
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by logica(m): 12:59pm On Jun 01, 2012
So he pulled over and immediately said "hey, I'm 34 years old...how old are you?". Or how quickly did you start talking about age?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
Why is this on front page again??

The OP must be retarded to create this silly thread..
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by scribble: 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2012
Naija babes and their chicken brain.

Does Warren Buffet drive Benz? Or MArk Zuckerberg?

Was Obama driving benz when Michelle was helping him push beetle?

Stupid babes will always have a price tag...im not spending more than 30k on these floozies

2 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by abiki(f): 1:07pm On Jun 01, 2012
So because benz stopped for you, you come dey open thread? Na wah o. I no blame you sha. Maybe na men wey no get car dey harass you before. Grow up pls. Benz ko, Benz ni. These things happen everyday. You want make we begin blow trumpet for you!!!!!!!!!!. If Maybach stops nko? We go vacate naija for you. SMH
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by omochefran(m): 1:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
My dear u did the right thing somebody cannot be driving a regular and wants a girl way way younger than the car I believe if it were a latest mercedes 2012 model worth over 6m I bet he will not look at you trust me I know it frank
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Princek12(m): 1:23pm On Jun 01, 2012
Referring to the car as "Benz" is too vague. If you know, what was the year and model of the "Benz?" For argument sake, the car may have been a 2001 E Class Mercedez Benz, which is probably cheaper than a 2012 Toyota Camry.

To focus on just the manufacturer of the car the guy was driving, as in by saying he was driving a "Benz" without reference to the year or at least the model, speaks to your lack of exposure and your fixation on brand names without giving due deference to the year and model of the car.

Would you have created this thread had the guy drove a 2012 Toyota Camry? And I am sure you would have created this thread had the guy drove a 2000 G-wagon.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by MissEZ(f): 1:36pm On Jun 01, 2012
This post was very unnecessary. People turn down people everyday. Good for you though.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by swiftycool(m): 1:38pm On Jun 01, 2012
slimyem: Fixed!!!!!cheesycheesycheesy

SLIMY why R u changing my post na! Ill tell seun o!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 01, 2012
Congratulations for turning down a guy that owns "Mercedes"; which type of Mercedes anyway. I can assure you 23yrs old lady, I can swear that you wont turn down the guy if he cruises "Mercedes" G55 AMG or even a GL550; Stop the egotistic demeanor
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Joliejay: 2:19pm On Jun 01, 2012
I don't really think it's such a big deal.Even if the guy has a private jet,it's a matter of choice.After all it's not his car you're dating.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by jmoore(m): 2:21pm On Jun 01, 2012
TisaBone: and all of you men on nairaland say that women are gold diggers.
You accuse all men on nairaland of calling women gold diggers

TisaBone: but he told me his age and i flipped

You could not guess if he was much older till he told you his age.

TisaBone: What is wrong with me!!! I feel like im self sabotaging or something.

yes, you are because you gave no justifiable reason for turning him down.

And it seems you are expecting the worst of suitors by the quote below

TisaBone: this gives me the strength to resist other men. I can always tell them "look, i turned down a guy who was pushing a mercedes, what makes you think that I would put up with your [size=15pt]"mess"[/size]?"

You better give the man a chance
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Exponental(m): 2:26pm On Jun 01, 2012
Ko tete ye elewedu, odi irole....

Ur decision might be right, but ur pride will push u astray if u dont av a rethink.
Is it about d car or d age?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do You Have Someone You Like On Nairaland? / 10 Hot Sexy Images Of Beyonce Knowles (VD) / Pantless Abby Zeus Opens Her Legs Wide To Celebrates Valentine's Day (+18photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.