Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,547 members, 7,816,329 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... (21164 Views)

I Turned Down This White Boy Who Tried To Have Sex With Me- I Am Scared! / I Just Bashed A Mercedes Benz, But Thank God For Christmas / My Boss Threatened To Sack Me Because I Turned Down Her Advances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 9:34am On Jun 02, 2012
yes, i am a real woman, an upstanding citizen, god fearing,and i won't settle either. rich or poor, black or white, if i don't have a good feeling about him, he does not get the benefit off the doubt. animals in the wild dont give predators the benefit of the doubt. no, when they sense danger, they run for the hills. that nice looking "catch" could very well be a wolf in sheeps clothing. i trust nothing except god and the instincts that he has gifted me with. he was not the one. and i was not going to let the shiny veneer sway me from making the right decision for ME.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by harakiri(m): 10:28am On Jun 02, 2012
pro01:
That is the best part about being a rich or even fairly comfortable man: options galore! You get women aplenty. . .if this one says no, the next (more beautiful) one down that same street is all too willing and happy to jump on your diamond-encrusted d.i.c.k. No man can get every woman. Not even P.Diddy can get EVERY girl he sets eyes on.

Only emotional wussies would waste time bemoaning one ugly duckling that prices herself out of the market. . .when thousands of premium females around the corner are begging to get your attention. In any case, I've noticed that the hottest and most desirable chicks are often the easiest catches for rich guys. The less fortunate ducklings often try to over-compensate for their inadequacies by putting up a fake veneer of morality and 'hardness' and all that.

WORD!!! angry angry cool
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 10:49am On Jun 02, 2012
pro01:
That is the best part about being a rich or even fairly comfortable man: options galore! You get women aplenty. . .if this one says no, the next (more beautiful) one down that same street is all too willing and happy to jump on your diamond-encrusted d.i.c.k. No man can get every woman. Not even P.Diddy can get EVERY girl he sets eyes on.

Only emotional wussies would waste time bemoaning one ugly duckling that prices herself out of the market. . .when thousands of[b] premium females [/b]around the corner are begging to get your attention. In any case, I've noticed that the hottest and most desirable chicks are often the easiest catches for rich guys. The less fortunate ducklings often try to over-compensate for their inadequacies by putting up a fake veneer of morality and 'hardness' and all that.

you speak of women as though they are merchandise instead of human beings....which alot of of men see us as....a trophy, a prize, a breeder, a child-bearer, something to hop on top of at night and mas---turbate inside of.....a punching bag.....everything except a woman just as deserving of the satisfaction and contentment that all men seek. let me hear about a man settling for something THEY dont want....yet it is almost a given that a woman should be "grateful" and "thankful" that any man shows her attention.

everybody needs somebody.....but NOBODY should put up with BS just so that they can proudly proclaim " I have a man" which is what a lot of women do, because they fear loneliness.

women, we are better than that....we need to focus on our OWN wants and needs. its about them pleasing us, treating us right, proving to us that they are worthy....not the other way around.

because as we say in the AA community. " I can do bad all by myself."

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by ZUBY77(m): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2012
TisaBone:

you speak of women as though they are merchandise instead of human beings....which alot of of men see us as....a trophy, a prize, a breeder, a child-bearer, something to hop on top of at night and mas---turbate inside of.....a punching bag.....everything except a woman just as deserving of the satisfaction and contentment that all men seek. let me hear about a man settling for something THEY dont want....yet it is almost a given that a woman should be "grateful" and "thankful" that any man shows her attention.

everybody needs somebody.....but NOBODY should put up with BS just so that they can proudly proclaim " I have a man" which is what a lot of women do, because they fear loneliness.

women, we are better than that....we need to focus on our OWN wants and needs. its about them pleasing us, treating us right, proving to us that they are worthy....not the other way around.

what else are u if not the things u mentioned above?

Why do ugly girls always put up this morality crap?
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 11:41am On Jun 02, 2012
ZUBY77:

what else are u if not the things u mentioned above?

Why do ugly girls always put up this morality crap?

a human being is what a woman is.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jun 02, 2012
TisaBone: my post isn't silly. let this be a lesson to all men out there, that just because u have the bling and the right cars, and mansions, don't expect a real woman to fall at your feet worshipping you like some GOD. not all women are gold diggers, and a man must have more to bring to the table than just his bank account. he treated me with disrespect. it was very subtle, but he was disrespectful all the same, as if he expected me to say how high when he said jump. forget all that!!! i have my own, no matter if its more or less than the next person, and im not going to sweat anyone over their material possessions. i dont care if bill gates wanted my number, if he was not about the right, i would just as quickly send him on his way too.
yeah right? undecided ur post is not only silly but stewpid as well, no offience.
Are u saying dat if a young 26year old 'bill gate', even with a good behaviour and character comes to toast u, you'll say because u don't get swayed by material tinz and wealth, u would shove him off like a trash can? huh? C'mon babe stop deceiving urself, Or are u dat addicted to poverty?? undecided
so in essence wat ur saying is dat if a young dude of lets say about 26years with good character but no cash, infact very poor, comes looking for ur attention, toasting u. U go gree for am abi?! Simply because he's young like you and he's got a good behaviour angry tisabone i fink you musta been high on cheap weed b4 posting dis. Walahi!

If it was a bentley, you'd probably have gone to CNN to broadcast it? huh? Dis is pure shitz dat you've posted on nl oh, cos i don't know what u want me to do about it, i should give u a standing ovation cos u turned a benz guy down?! i'm only wondering how it made front page. Mtcheww.....
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
booqee: yeah right? undecided ur post is not only silly but stewpid as well, no offience.
Are u saying dat if a young 26year old 'bill gate', even with a good behaviour and character comes to toast u, you'll say because u don't get swayed by material tinz and wealth, u would shove him off like a trash can? huh? C'mon babe stop deceiving urself, Or are u dat addicted to poverty?? undecided
so in essence wat ur saying is dat if a young dude of lets say about 26years with good character but no cash, infact very poor, comes looking for ur attention, toasting u. U go gree for am abi?! Simply because he's young like you and he's got a good behaviour angry tisabone i fink you musta been high on cheap weed b4 posting dis. Walahi!

If it was a bentley, you'd probably have gone to CNN to broadcast it? huh? Dis is pure shitz dat you've posted on nl oh, cos i don't know what u want me to do about it, i should give u a standing ovation cos u turned a benz guy down?! i'm only wondering how it made front page. Mtcheww.....

yes i would, if he is trying to get somewhere in life, if he is trying to pull himself out of poverty, the answer is yes.

but if i meet a man who is already established, and is a nice god fearing man, then he has a chance as well.

money is not the issue here....its the content of a person's character.

many men think that cars, clothes, and jewels give them that extra edge with women, and that is correct, it does, but just because u have these material possessions does not mean that a person will automatically put up with any crap that this person throws their way, just because of these things.

although too many women do just that, staying in emotionally and physically abusive relationships with a "rich" man, who gives her black eyes, and the latest christian louboutins.... at the end of the day. its not worth it....

but i know the real reason why for the most part, its men giving me a hard time about this post....

men like to think that they have power over women. and now that i am a woman saying that the amount of money or material things a person has does not matter, then i am taking away a certain type of man's power. The type of man who values the things he has, and believes that in order to get the woman he wants, he has to have these things to impress her.

i have taken away that power.

if that is not going to impress a woman, then what will?

i mean, my d--k is small (don't get mad if this applies to you).....what else do i have to offer??

how about love

compassion

warmth

sincerity

these are the things that a woman really wants....

at least that is what a woman who is not a selfish gold digger wants.

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by lolaluv1(f): 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2012
^
Nicely said. GO, tisa!

1 Like

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Tolulop001(f): 2:25pm On Jun 02, 2012
this thread made 6 pages? ??
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2012
Royal,

how in the world have u racked up 200+ posts in less than a week? shocked
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
Royal-VII:
This woman took 3 dayz out of her life to go onto the internet and discuss this man's car.

As if this is her Life accomplishment and most prestigious achievement in her 39 years on this earth

..Meanwhile the dude who drove the car is riding around somewhere and probably does not even remember Talking to this betch. LmL

and here i was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, and now im a b---tch.

whatever,.....god bless u too.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:37pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2012
it doesn't matter how you spelled it, you still called me a b--tch. and you have also said some other horrible things on here to me in this thread. i usually dont respond to people like you, but i just have to tell you what a despicable person you are.

......waits for the ignorance to continue......
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by harakiri(m): 2:59pm On Jun 02, 2012
@TisaBone

you speak of women as though they are merchandise instead of human beings

You can't blame the men. Women are the ones who ask for it. If a guy who isn't well off and up to "your standards" approaches you, you get pissed at his "effrontery" and you start making comments like "I'm not that cheap". If you're that not "that cheap", then you've already put a price on your head. Why won't you be seen as a piece of merchandise? Hmm?

....which alot of of men see us as....a trophy, a prize, a breeder, a child-bearer, something to hop on top of at night and mas---turbate inside of.....a punching bag.....everything except a woman just as deserving of the satisfaction and contentment that all men seek.

If a man regards as anything but what you listed above, you'll say he's too mushy and not man enough.

let me hear about a man settling for something THEY dont want....yet it is almost a given that a woman should be "grateful" and "thankful" that any man shows her attention.

Actually, men settle for things they don't want all the time e.g getting married!

everybody needs somebody.....but NOBODY should put up with BS [/b]just so that they can proudly proclaim " I have a man" which is what a lot of women do, because they fear loneliness.

Last time i checked, men put up with a lot of BS from women all in the name of making the relationship "work". You have a bad day, you take it out on him. You are confused about something, it's his fault. He works too hard to make ends meet, then he's an uncaring man who doesn't put you first. He doesn't have a job and is living from hand to mouth, then he's a loser who can't get his $hit together. Sounds familiar? Hmmm?

[b]women, we are better than that....we need to focus on our OWN wants and needs. its about them pleasing us, treating us right, proving to us that they are worthy....not the other way around.

Sure they are. I can see your fish brain has recently downloaded updates from Oprah Winfery and Ellen Degeneres. Feminism will get you no where sister unless you don't mind spending the rest of your life alone with a dozen cats to keep you company. How many active feminists do you know that have healthy long lasting marriages or even basic relationships? Name ONE!!! Even your "role models" i listed above have nothing but money to their names. What else? NOTHING!!!

You do what you gotta do. It's your life. In between, why did you have to come to this Nigerian forum to advertise your "success" in turning down a guy in a benz? You don't come across as very intelligent and you definitely have a low esteem if you think that was an achievement.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by harakiri(m): 3:01pm On Jun 02, 2012
Royal-VII:
This woman took 3 dayz out of her life to go onto the internet and discuss this man's car.

As if this is her Life accomplishment and most prestigious achievement in her 39 years on this earth

..Meanwhile the dude who drove the car is riding around somewhere and probably does not even remember Talking to this betch. LmL

Word!!!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2012
TisaBone: it doesn't matter how you spelled it, you still called me a b--tch. and you have also said some other horrible things on here to me in this thread. i usually dont respond to people like you, but i just have to tell you what a despicable person you are.

......waits for the ignorance to continue......

..... Well i guess it's time for me to go Purchase a Benz, Since that is the Official Ride of Despicable People.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by harakiri(m): 3:07pm On Jun 02, 2012
@booqee]

yeah right? undecided ur post is not only silly but stewpid as well, no offience.

Nice one!

For her to even come her and broadcast her "achievement" shows the sort of low life she really is. This "feat" of hers means a lot to her. No doubt she has already broadcasted it on facebook and twitter. Talk about low life trash!!!

Word!

Trust me, this lady can't turn down a guy in a 1971 dead beat Pontiac and she's here jabbering. The benz was probably a 1983 model 230E. What's worse? I have a feeling she's as ugly as the word OGRE!!! angry angry shocked
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2012
Tisa im not sure if i can agree with your comment

I believe this reply was appropriate....

TisaBone: women, we are better than that....we need to focus on our OWN wants and needs. its about them pleasing us, treating us right, proving to us that they are worthy....not the other way around.

harakiri: Sure they are. I can see your fish brain has recently downloaded updates from Oprah Winfery and Ellen Degeneres. Feminism will get you no where sister unless you don't mind spending the rest of your life alone with a dozen cats to keep you company. How many active feminists do you know that have healthy long lasting marriages or even basic relationships? Name ONE!!! Even your "role models" i listed above have nothing but money to their names. What else? NOTHING!!!

aLSO...why is it that you feel men only have to prove themselves to women?...Neither party should have to prove anything, other then be themselves

You kind of contradicted yourself by saying "men should have to prove their worth"..

then making a thread about how "a man's worth is not important, i turned down a guy with a nice car".....

...Babii..exactly which one is it?...

Also, how can he prove his worth if you did not give him a chance, and unjustly judged him based on his car.

You rated "his" mental and emotional "worth" by the materialistic "worth" of his item.....

Smh....Offtopic...Is this why men turn gay?..Im just asking. Damn

Seems as if your mind is not all There young Lady....
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 3:23pm On Jun 02, 2012
a man's net worth is not important. i am more concerned with his worth as a human being.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2012
TisaBone: a man's net worth is not important. i am more concerned with his worth as a human being.

Now that sounds mature and Intelligent....

So what is your justification for not giving that man a chance to "prove" his worth as a human being?...

You did not give him a chance, solely based off your prejudice criteria regarding "guys with nice cars"...

Do you see the ways of your Error?

...The homeless man living on the street

....And the man who owns a G6 Private Jet....should get the equal opportunity.

..But let's be real...how many of you sisters honestly truly feel that way?...LmL
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Royal-VII:
Tisa how do you know that particular man did not possess all those quallties.....

You are judging him solely based on his Car.

This is why many men feel some black american women are ignorant.

..Just because he drove a nice car(in your opinion) does not mean he purchased that car to impressed YOU!

..It also does not mean He does not possess

compassion.....

Love.....

warmth.....

sincerity....

...So if you automatically upgrade your quality of Living that means you do not Posses the pure values that make you a Good Man?

...Yo if i buy a 20 bedroom Mansion in Northern New Jersey....does that make me an azhole..or just someone that wants to enjoy good quality of Living?

smh...All these Pre Judgements over such small materialistic things...A Benz is not even a big Deal in America..Com on now.

..It is entirely possible he purchased that car to drive his children to School, because maybe the kids at school clowned his children for having a Daddy that drove a Beat up "Hoopty"

...It is entirely possible that he could have been previously married and his ex wife "pressured" him into buying that car so "she" could impress her female friends....

..It is entirely possible that he could have been driving his Bosses Car, while picking "His Boss" up food for his Lunch Break

..It is entirely Possible that you are taking "YOURSELF" farrr too serious....

..Lets be honest Women are More Materialistic than most men....Just because someone has "nice things" that gives you a right to degrade them and judge them, of an "item"

...Are you serious right now?

...Women get intimidated by Good Looking men, and Successful ,Confident men

Just like Men get intimidated by a Gorgeous woman.

Your own Insecurties are driving this thread, Not His Car.

gbam! Well said. You've just spoken my mind!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by TisaBone: 4:22pm On Jun 02, 2012
Despicable-VII:

Now that sounds mature and Intelligent....

So what is your justification for not giving that man a chance to "prove" his worth as a human being?...

You did not give him a chance, solely based off your prejudice criteria regarding "guys with nice cars"...

Do you see the ways of your Error?

...The homeless man living on the street

....And the man who owns a G6 Private Jet....should get the equal opportunity.

..But let's be real...how many of you sisters honestly truly feel that way?...LmL

he was 34, im 23, and he was too old for me. the last time i ended up liking an older man, my cousin told me all about him, and that he was a married womanizer
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2012
harakiri: @booqee]

Nice one!

For her to even come her and broadcast her "achievement" shows the sort of low life she really is. This "feat" of hers means a lot to her. No doubt she has already broadcasted it on facebook and twitter. Talk about low life trash!!!

Word!

Trust me, this lady can't turn down a guy in a 1971 dead beat Pontiac and she's here jabbering. The benz was probably a 1983 model 230E. What's worse? I have a feeling she's as ugly as the word OGRE!!! angry angry shocked
i have d feeling too dat dats d kinda benz d guy was 'pushing'.
Dis is freakin 2012, and dis babe is acting like one from the 18th century.....jeez!
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by LordReed(m): 4:57pm On Jun 02, 2012
TisaBone:

he was 34, im 23, and he was too old for me. the last time i ended up liking an older man, my cousin told me all about him, and that he was a married womanizer

So all 34yr old males are married womanisers? As I said before your prejudices are so evident.

Get rid of your insecurities dear TisaBone, they'll do you no good.
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jun 02, 2012
Tisa,

When rocks are thrown aimlessly, those hit will scream out in pain.

As you can see, you've managed to bruise the egos of many men who are like him - MINUS THE MONEY. <<<

Their ONLY 'power' after slaving to make a living, is to then put down strong women who do not fit in their ideal small minded box:

- I am THE/A man...if I call to her, she must come.

- ALL women are the same

- NO WOMAN is to refuse me, or the material things I offer to compensate for my lack of character

You, Tisa, broke 'the rules' by rejecting him and questioning him. Period.

Oh, and I am sure to some of these guys on here "calling you out", that you must forget the other threads declaring women who DO want men who have nice things/rides/money as being "gold diggers". wink How convenient would that be, right?

A man CAN own a Maserati and can indeed be humble, only interested in know who Tisa is - NO DOUBT. But at the end of the day you will only know by his actions and the fact that his "game"/approach would be totally different from a chauvinist. For one thing, he would introduce himself in a manner that clearly aims to separate himself from his wealth.

*MODIFIED* smiley

Versus the clown who while talking to you, checks to "see the time" every second just in case you hadn't seen his Rolex the first 30 times he did. Not to mention only interested in "informing you" of how great he is, his achievements, what he has and not caring if he's caught taking a few glimpses of your bodily features/shape.

These are the things REAL women watch out for, and determines whether or not they consider a man. IT'S ALL IN THE APPROACH. It's not about singling out men who have things/money....as I have always said..."If I see a FLASHY man, I go the other way"...I stand by that.

Growing up, I remember my mom telling me as a child "When hungry, NEVER lie on your back, lie on your belly". Meaning, "a woman with dignity would rather suppress her pain/deal with reality rather than spread her legs for the highest bidder for a way out."

2 Likes

Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2012
Re: He Was Driving A Benz, But I Turned Him Down..... by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 02, 2012
Royal-VII:
This thread isn't about men vs women...smh

Clearly there are women in here who see the flaws in her ways.

There are women here who have criticized Her as well.

Learn to read.

...These are the things REAL women watch out for, and determines whether or not they consider a man. IT'S ALL IN THE APPROACH. It's not about singling out men who have things/money....as I have always said..."If I see a FLASHY man, I go the other way"...I stand by that.

Growing up, I remember my mom telling me as a child "When hungry, NEVER lie on your back, lie on your belly". Meaning, "a woman with dignity would rather suppress her pain/deal with reality rather than spread her legs for the highest bidder just for a way out."

Unlike you, "ROYAL"...I don't need to call out names to make a point...and just like I said "When rocks are thrown aimlessly, those hit will scream out in pain."

I hear you yelling LOUD AND CLEAR.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Do You Have Someone You Like On Nairaland? / Public Vs Private Marriage Proposal: Which Would You Prefer? / 10 Hot Sexy Images Of Beyonce Knowles (VD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.