Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,917 members, 7,810,524 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (556) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779752 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 10:45am On Apr 20, 2018
spyder880:
I woke up with an idea this morning.

I had wanted to open a pan Igbo thread, comprising pictures and news from all Igbo speaking areas. This will be a good way to keep track of happenings in the south east and other areas. I visit most south east states and work there.

The benefits of the thread is regional cohesion, a common approach to problem solution in areas of common interest like security, industrialisation, roads and power.

The expected drawback will be the inevitable bickering that may occur if someone thinks their own areas are being misrepresented. But everyone is free to throw in news and pictures to grow the new thread.

If you support this idea of opening a pan Igbo thread, click "like"

If you are not in support, click "share"

Voting atarts now and ends on Saturday morning the 28th of April 2018. Thanks for your understanding.

Long live Igboland.
Long live the good people of the old Eastern Region.
Long live Nigeria.
Oga Spider Please proceed with this noble idea. Ensure you don't leave any part of Igboland in this project. From Ignake+Anioma to PH up to Igbo speaking parts of Benue and Kogi states. Does it not bother us that Ijaws in Ondo state are accepted as members of Ijaw Nation. Same as Yoruba's in Kogi,Kwara and Edo states accepted as full Yorbas but the narrative from mainstream political coven is that Igbos are only ensconed within the South East alone and we see our people buying into the divide and conquer trash! Time to pull down that stronghold. Old maps of Igboland and classified documents are available. Time to recapture our lands and promote the truth. Truth is the biggest casualty of One Nigeria! Tueh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:28am On Apr 20, 2018
The great Ekulu river lies next to this new estate. ........

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SmartPolician: 11:29am On Apr 20, 2018
Handsomegod:
Oga Spider Please proceed with this noble idea. Ensure you don't leave any part of Igboland in this project. From Ignake+Anioma to PH up to Igbo speaking parts of Benue and Kogi states. Does it not bother us that Ijaws in Ondo state are accepted as members of Ijaw Nation. Same as Yoruba's in Kogi,Kwara and Edo states accepted as full Yorbas but the narrative from mainstream political coven is that Igbos are only ensconed within the South East alone and we see our people buying into the divide and conquer trash! Time to pull down that stronghold. Old maps of Igboland and classified documents are available. Time to recapture our lands and promote the truth. Truth is the biggest casualty of One Nigeria! Tueh

Something you must understand is that the civil war didn't only destroy our homes, it also divided our people.

Immediately after the war, the Igbos were abandoned by the government even though 3Rs were declared by Gowon. As a result, there was hunger in the land. And the Igbos left the east in their numbers to other parts of the country to survive. At the time, the easiest way to be accepted by the Nigerian society was to deny one's Igbo identity.

Please pay attention to the emboldened part because it still lives with most Igbos whose ancestral homes are outside the south east states to date.

So, they may resist any attempt to integrate into the bigger Igbo society. Although a few of them stand out. Just like Spyder880 said, any part that wishes to join is free. Spyder880, please create this thread asap.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 11:33am On Apr 20, 2018
investnow2013:
We must be careful about talking about SE only as if it is the only Igbo area!... it must be inclusive of Igbo in Rivers,Cross Rivers,Delta,Edo, Venue etc!

No be only Benue, Edo And Cross River.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 11:36am On Apr 20, 2018
Afam4eva:

I'm not against not including these non SE areas but based on my experience, including them always seems to cause a lot of distractions. Even though i know these areas are Igbo speaking, i think we should limit ourselves the SE with the inclusion of only Igbo areas of Delta state , particularly Aniocha/Oshimili. They will somehow find their way into the discussions anyways.

I am in full support of adding them to the mix. Many of them have come to terms of their igboness and they will always want to contribute when it comes to threads like this.

Please when you want to create the thread add politics to the topic so that the mods will not throw it into cultural section that will kill the thread naturally. You understand. @spyder

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2018
An estate so close to nature, Enugu city is expanding into Ngwo and Abor towns of Udi local government area.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:44am On Apr 20, 2018
Develpeast:

I am in full support of adding them to the mix. Many of them have come to terms of their igboness and they will always want to contribute when it comes to threads like this.

Please when you want to create the thread add politics to the topic so that the mods will not throw it into cultural section that will kill the thread naturally. You understand. @spyder

I understand you fully.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 11:46am On Apr 20, 2018
spyder880:

I understand you fully.

I will be waiting to play my part in the thread. I support it big time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 11:46am On Apr 20, 2018
SmartPolician:

Something you must understand is that the civil war didn't only destroy our homes, it also divided our people.

Immediately after the war, the Igbos were abandoned by the government even though 3Rs were declared by Gowon. As a result, there was hunger in the land. And the Igbos left the east in their numbers to other parts of the country to survive. At the time, the easiest way to be accepted by the Nigerian society was to deny one's Igbo identity.

Please pay attention to the emboldened part because it still lives with most Igbos whose ancestral homes are outside the south east states to date.

So, they may resist any attempt to integrate into the bigger Igbo society. Although a few of them stand out. Just like Spyder880 said, any part that wishes to join is free. Spyder880, please create this thread asap.
@SmartPolitician. What you mentioned above including the bolded is well known to us all. Shall we then continue to cower in fear because a faulty narrative is elevated to a covert state policy viz Igbo emasculation? How then shall we encourage those brethren from these "identity crises ridden areas" if not to revert the false narratives that tend to divide us more? Emeka Esogbue and Lauretta Onochie with some other silly elements in Rivers State are the caliphate house slaves in perpetuating the error. We have a duty to change the narrative and encourage the likes of@CJrane,Utomis,Uwechues and Asagbas who have been at the forefront of pulling their people towards their kith and kins across the River. Last month,John Nwodo cleared reminded Rotimi Amechi to galvanise their Ikwere people towards the greater Igbo nation;to cease the shameful identity crises and denial and embrace the truth because the war is over and the genocidiaries have made enough sport of us. We have not only recovered,we are armed with the truth. Our generation has a mandate to restore the pride. Let the controversy and denials rage but be rest assured no power can overcome the truth. Do not underrate the reach of this platform.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:47am On Apr 20, 2018
Develpeast:

I will be waiting to play my part in the thread. I support it big time

I count on you bro. We will join hands and make a great impact that will change our political history

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 11:49am On Apr 20, 2018
spyder880:

I count on you bro. We will join hands and make a great impact that will change our political history

This is what I came to this earth to achieve. The development of igboland with an economy greater than its parent country.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by SmartPolician: 11:57am On Apr 20, 2018
Handsomegod:
@SmartPolitician. What you mentioned above including the bolded is well known to us all. Shall we then continue to cower in fear because a faulty narrative is elevated to a covert state policy viz Igbo emasculation? How then shall we encourage those brethren from these "identity crises ridden areas" if not to revert the false narratives that tend to divide us more? Emeka Esogbue and Lauretta Onochie with some other silly elements in Rivers State are the caliphate house slaves in perpetuating the error. We have a duty to change the narrative and encourage the likes of@CJrane,Utomis,Uwechues and Asagbas who have been at the forefront of pulling their people towards their kith and kins across the River. Last month,John Nwodo cleared reminded Rotimi Amechi to galvanise their Ikwere people towards the greater Igbo nation;to cease the shameful identity crises and denial and embrace the truth because the war is over and the genocidiaries have made enough sport of us. We have not only recovered,we are armed with the truth. Our generation has a mandate to restore the pride. Let the controversy and denials rage but be rest assured no power can overcome the truth. Do not underrate the reach of this platform.

I got your point perfectly, but my fear is that the thread may turn into tribal battlefield. I hate to be called a land grabber.

Sometimes, I feel that trying to solve the identity crisis as you put it sends the signal that we can't do without them.

Ndi Igbo kwuru si: "Onye ajuru aju adiro aju onwe ya"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 11:59am On Apr 20, 2018
Suggestion of the thread name:

"Pan-Igbo political and economic development forum."

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:

I support

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
spyder880:
An estate so close to nature, Enugu city is expanding into Ngwo and Abor towns of Udi local government area.
planting of trees around and in these estates is very important

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Develpeast: 12:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:

Gbam!!! Very good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by horsepower101: 12:07pm On Apr 20, 2018
asha80:

And will prevent erosion of the soil into the river after heavy rain.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 12:16pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:

And will prevent erosion of the soil into the river after heavy rain.
exactly

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goahead(m): 12:23pm On Apr 20, 2018
Spyder880, pls don't fail us, post the Ebonyi pictures

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:44pm On Apr 20, 2018
Goahead:
Spyder880, pls don't fail us, post the Ebonyi pictures

Ok, but it will be better in the new Pan Igbo thread.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 12:45pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:

Good, I like this title.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 12:55pm On Apr 20, 2018
asha80:

I had advise the state assemblies pass a law to make properties owners reduce the red earth in the environs by planting grass and trees or using concrete slabs to reduce the menace of the red earth and dust...as new neighbourhoods emerge...so as not to repeat what we have in the old neighbour hoods. With time all the old areas will be covered. That's how European cities started.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 12:56pm On Apr 20, 2018
Cooly100:

I heard advise the state assemblies pass a law to make properties owners reduce the red earth in the environs by planting grass and trees or using concrete slabs to reduce the menace of the red earth and dust...as new neighbourhoods emerge...so as not to repeat what we have in the old neighbour hoods. With time all the old areas will be covered. That's how European cities started.
I like this concept

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by achi4u(m): 1:02pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:
Supported.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 1:04pm On Apr 20, 2018
biko, lets stick to Enugu. Pan-Igbo is nice but let the state get the shine it deserves
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Yyeske(m): 1:10pm On Apr 20, 2018
horsepower101:

Anambra isn't and shouldn't be included, you guys don't like us and the feeling is getting mutual.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cooly100: 1:11pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ofodirinwa:

I like this concept

This is like it...

Beautiful land and skies of Coal City...

No room for red earth cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrap: 1:42pm On Apr 20, 2018
Ofodirinwa:
biko, lets stick to Enugu.

Ikengawo, what is your take on this from your gov even when he has failed Imo state in all indices of development? Is there any single functional healthcare in Imo state? What about the economy? What about job creation? What about infrastructure? etc. On what moral ground does he tax already poor Imolites extra?

https://www.nairaland.com/4462060/okorocha-imposes-n3000-development-levy/1
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by whirlwind7(m): 2:03pm On Apr 20, 2018
Handsomegod:

I don't think this is wise.

Remember what happened when IPOB and its rallies gathered momentum?
Several dissenting voices arose. Not just from the average man on the streets, but some renowned political figures as well.

Let this thread be restricted to the 5 Igbo states. Including people who always feel like they are being coaxed to join their Igbo brethren would be counter productive at this stage.

If we all agree that the 1914 amalgamation of Nigeria was a horrible error, why should we do something almost similar, or along those lines?
A good product sells itself. If the main Igbo states get their act together with a strong regional integration, neighboring non igbo speaking states will call for referendum to be assimilated.

A maiden who makes herself presentable will attract multitude of suitors. The headache isn't to bring back erring or lost kinsmen, especially when they didn't ask for it. The issue is to get our acts right, and they will seek us out.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DawatNama(m): 2:30pm On Apr 20, 2018
Yyeske:
Anambra isn't and shouldn't be included, you guys don't like us and the feeling is getting mutual.

You are an igala man but won't let Igbos be cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Yyeske(m): 2:38pm On Apr 20, 2018
DawatNama:

You are an igala man but won't let Igbos be cheesy cheesy cheesy
My Igala brother, you are welcomed anytime.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 2:40pm On Apr 20, 2018
whirlwind7:

I don't think this is wise.

Remember what happened when IPOB and its rallies gathered momentum?
Several dissenting voices arose. Not just from the average man on the streets, but some renowned political figures as well.

Let this thread be restricted to the 5 Igbo states. Including people who always feel like they are being coaxed to join their Igbo brethren would be counter productive at this stage.

If we all agree that the 1914 amalgamation of Nigeria was a horrible error, why should we do something almost similar, or along those lines?
A good product sells itself. If the main Igbo states get their act together with a strong regional integration, neighboring non igbo speaking states will call for referendum to be assimilated.

A maiden who makes herself presentable will attract multitude of suitors. The headache isn't to bring back erring or lost kinsmen, especially when they didn't ask for it. The issue is to get our acts right, and they will seek us out.
No sir. I completely disagree. One of the most vocal and active President General of Ohanzeze Ndi Igbo is Ralph Uwechue,an Anioma Man. The present Secretary of Ohaneze is an Ikwerre Man. Ohaneze meetings are well attended by Paramount Rulers from both Anioma and Rivers. There are many online fora promoting an all inclusive Igbo nation including Proudly Anioma:Proudly Igbo and Proudly Rivers,Proudly Igbo fora on facebook. Those efforts were started by brethren who wished to changed the current divide and conquer narratives. The truth will also attract opposition and dissent but it will always prevail. Creating a thread here which will also include historical presentations will help to address these falsehoods. Trolls will always come to derail it but facts are sacrosanct and available to diffuse their errors. Spyder please proceed.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) (559) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.