Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,370 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

8BitGee's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 8BitGee's Profile / 8BitGee's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 14 pages)

Education / Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by 8BitGee(m): 7:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
NL1960:

A school says this is our policy and if you are not satisfied with it, take your child to another school. After all, there are several schools that will meet what you need. A school does not have to conform to what you want. As you say, this is fvcking 2016 and i want my boy to sag his trousers and i want my girl to do a Rihanna or a Beyonce or a Jennifer Aniston.

When wearing of casual clothes as normal daily wear were abolished in the Unity schools then as a part of a policy and replaced with check shirts, some parents did not like it as they wanted their kids to always wear the latest fashion trends in school. So, they removed their kids from the Unity schools to schools that were allowing wearing of causal clothes of any type. QED.

Btw, i have a cousin who removed his daughter because of this low cut of hair and took her to the one that allows plaiting of hair. The space she vacated was quickly taken by a parent who was comfortable with the policy.

Education / Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by 8BitGee(m): 5:12pm On Jul 27, 2016
NL1960:

Every organization (a school is also an organization) has its policy. If you are not fine with the policy, you are not forced to go there or put your child there. Will you also say say that there is absolutely nothing wrong in letting a boy sag his trousers in school or tuck-in his shirt and that a school that says that is making a stupid policy. There is what is called a dress code and having a low cut is part of a dress code. In some schools, a hair style is given to the girls at the end of the week for which every student that is not on a low cut has to adhere to. Is that also a stupid policy because a school is not allowing you to braid or plait your own hair style?.

What are you on about. How the fvck does plaiting or styling one's hair compare to sagging?

Again, what is the business of a school in dictating what hairstyle to plait? To what end?

People need to understand their priorities and get serious! This is fvcking 2016!!!
Romance / Re: Yoruba Woman: Is She The Sexiest Or The Nastiest? by 8BitGee(m): 4:29pm On Jul 27, 2016
TL;DR
Education / Re: Why Some Nigerian Secondary Schools Mandate Girls Must Cut Their Hair? by 8BitGee(m): 4:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
Makes no sense. There is absolutely nothing wrong in letting student make their hair. It is stupid policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Computers / Re: Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July by 8BitGee(m): 10:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
serah88:
I'm kinda lost here. You meant i would need 3.5gb of data before i can upgrade to windows 10 OS?

Yes, you need to download the windows 10 OS which will be used to overwrite your present OS. It's a bit more than 3.5GB though.
Car Talk / Re: Lagos New Revenue Generation Drive. Read This So You Won't Be A Victim. by 8BitGee(m): 9:52pm On Jul 26, 2016
There's nothing wrong in parking by the roadside, there's however sth wrong with not being able to pay or not knowing who to pay to or worst still areas where roadside parking is not allowed.

Here you never park on double yellow lines unless you're disabled and have a blue badge. And there are time restrictions for parking on single lines. There are parking machines that issue tickets which you paste on your vehicle for wardens to check when they go round too. Residents use special permits.

So the Lagos state government must now go ahead and do the right thing. Mark roads, deploy parking ticket machines and educate their wardens on enforcement.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Heinekin Lopkobiri Graduates From Leeds Beckett University by 8BitGee(m): 12:28am On Jul 26, 2016
A lot brainless toads on this thread. He must have started his PhD May 29, 2015 undecided fvcking eejits!
Foreign Affairs / Re: Kenyan Air Hostess Exposed Begging For Sex, Money From A Client (Photos) by 8BitGee(m): 11:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
allansie:
Kenya and front page

Nairaland and Jacob Zuma photo

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Return Home, Militants Advise South-east, South South Indigenes. by 8BitGee(m): 8:14am On Jul 25, 2016
TL;DR

Next!
Religion / Re: Why Ogun Celestial Church Chained 9-year-old Boy For Weeks – Police, NSCDC by 8BitGee(m): 7:46am On Jul 24, 2016
I was having my lunch when I saw that front-page thread yesterday. I was shedding tears and the oyinbo girl beside me was wondering why. I couldn't show her because I'd be too embarrassed and she might tell someone who'd use it to ridicule another innocent black person tomorrow. I had to excuse myself.

Humans, why are you people so wicked? Especially the ones that claim to be religious. Among them is this perished soul called pastor and his ilks, others are ISIL and boko haram. Wicked, Devilish, in need of extermination!

2 Likes

Phones / Re: What Song Is Your Current Incoming Call Notification Alert Tone? by 8BitGee(m): 7:28am On Jul 24, 2016
Vibration. And/Or lights.

I largely hate ringtones because they can be intrusive. Although I bought one for £1 from BeatsByBigH some months ago.
Agriculture / Re: Facts About SNAKE TOMATOES As A Replacement For The Vine Tomatoes by 8BitGee(m): 6:25pm On Jul 23, 2016
princechurchill:
yorubas sabi cook rubbish from time memorial

Omo-ale jati-jati. Omo Irankiran.

1 Like

Family / Re: How Many Children Do You Think Is Ideal For A Family In This Current Economy? by 8BitGee(m): 12:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Two, even before this time, I have always recommend two kids. We already have a population explosion issue. A lot of kids are unnecessarily born into poverty. Part of the issue in the north and middle east is uncontrolled births and failed parenting.

Start with two, if you become more prosperous later on in life have more or adopt a child to better his/her lot.

6 Likes 1 Share

Crime / Re: Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo by 8BitGee(m): 9:08am On Jul 23, 2016
OrangeDream:
I can see that you need help.. I'm not a low lifer like you.. You are a disease..
If i don't reply your next comment, its because you are truly a DISEASE!!!

Fvck yourself cocksuckér.
Politics / Re: Chidubem Cynthia Okoye Graduates As Best Student In UK University(Pics) by 8BitGee(m): 7:22am On Jul 23, 2016
If it were Buhari's daughter now, some animals in human skin go don dey convulse.

Congrats to the beautiful young lady, please take all the smart and critical thinking you've learnt home. Let us be the architects of our new Nigeria.

9 Likes

Crime / Re: Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo by 8BitGee(m): 12:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
OrangeDream:
Oga relax na.. Abi na ur moni
Nawa o
Fvck off twàt.

1 Like 1 Share

Crime / Re: Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo by 8BitGee(m): 12:04pm On Jul 22, 2016
harlayoh:

kilode!!!!

Omo-ale ni bobo yen now. He has brought his family's name to disrepute. And to think he's from my state. We're achievers, we abhor criminality!
Crime / Re: Taxi Driver Absconds With Passenger’s N1.8m In Abuja, Arrested - Photo by 8BitGee(m): 11:55am On Jul 22, 2016
Omo-ale. Gbewiri. Alokolounkigbe. You're a disgrace to your family. Bastard son of a thousand fathers.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Buhari Daughter Repeated Class, Graduated With Only A Pass At Law School by 8BitGee(m): 8:54am On Jul 22, 2016
All these brainless fvckers have totally taken over nairaland spreading hate and animosity, which will definitely get taken out offline while Seun and his mods standby watching. If it is not already been done just now.

It appears you don't know the long term effects of this you do and condone?

5 Likes

Politics / Re: Buhari Daughter Repeated Class, Graduated With Only A Pass At Law School by 8BitGee(m): 8:48am On Jul 22, 2016
dukie25:
"olodoness" runs in the family.

You're clearly a jobless person. How is it your business if she failed?
Car Talk / Re: BMW 750i Xdrive Was Spotted In Lagos by 8BitGee(m): 9:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
Some people are complaining that it is expensive. Lol. This is latest flagship to come out of Leipzig. Many British will forgo their citizenship to have one. But the start-stop feature is not new to bimmers though. Cool AF.

See video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3YmPCuZL8o

1 Like

Sports / Re: Iheanacho Makes List Of Top 10 Most Valuable U21 Players In World Football by 8BitGee(m): 9:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
Integrityfarms:
I don't know why he didn't make the Dream team list to Olympics!

Anyway my brother keeps soaring higher even if you aren't given your rightful place in the National team based on some NFF prejudice!

It's City that won't let him. For the sake of his young budding career, you should understand why.

8 Likes

Sports / Re: Iheanacho Makes List Of Top 10 Most Valuable U21 Players In World Football by 8BitGee(m): 9:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Finishing behind Alli and Rashford is why England will never win anything. It's all hype! Imagine if Messi or Ronaldo or even JJ were English.

That's why his bloody city teammates never celebrate with him. Racist twáts!

59 Likes 6 Shares

Phones / Re: How I Lost My Phone And Lessons To Be Learnt by 8BitGee(m): 9:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
Since it's an Android phone and assuming you had your contacts backed up, you can retrieve your contacts by visiting contacts.google.com
Foreign Affairs / Re: Eric Avina, HIV+ Malawian Who Is Paid Money For Unprotected Sex With Girls by 8BitGee(m): 9:18pm On Jul 21, 2016
Yepa! Oloriburuku somebody!!! cry
Celebrities / Re: Kevin Olusola: From Medicine To Grammy Award Winner by 8BitGee(m): 8:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
I recently saw his group's cover of Love yourself on YT.

Ah, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICYpHh5KwBU

Bach prelude no 1 is on point too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwn3fAVVu-Q

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: I Am Beginning To Despise My Fiance' by 8BitGee(m): 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
I know ladies like the OP. She's not ready for marriage. She sounds squirmy and definitely has sth to hide.

Leave him alone. Go to all your side bobos you have been hiding from him. E dey ya body!
Politics / Re: N80bn Electricity Debts: Why Estimated Billing May Persist —investigation by 8BitGee(m): 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
ayobase:
Of course, some Nigerians are not helping matter.

An average typical Nigerian is a cheat.

And the same set of of corrupt persons will be the first shouting "corruption", "kill him", "where is fuel and tire", "prosecute him"...

Imagine, a company buys electricity worth of N50m from transmission, but more than 50% of the customers bypass. And the company is expected to make interest from the cost price of N50m. There must be estimated billing to make up.

A bypassing customer who consumes about N15,000 worth of electricity per month, but being billed just N2,500. How is the Company expected to make up for the outstanding N12,500.

And the ones that bypass most are the pre-paid metre owners, because they are not monitored often. Even those with analog metre no dey carry last.

The customers with analog meters pay for about 30%, while customers without metre pay about 70% of the outstanding.

In this case, Nigerians and the Companies have a lot to work on.

My guy, no be by force to use air conditioner(s)n not plates and the likes if you know you can't pay for the service. Fan, gas cooker or kerosene stove and the likes will do as well.

Power sectors had really decayed before being privatized.

As some people do say that it is not possible for Buhari to make right the wrong of PDP's mis-ruling for the past 16 years, so the same people should exercise patience with this present Discos, cos it is virtually impossible to make right the wrong of about 30 years in years to come.

N.B

please, if you have paid for pre-paid metre in the last 3 months and not given, you have the choice if not paying for electricity.

And always do endeavour to report any corrupt "NEPA" official to the nearby office.

You're right. However, it is the duty of the Discos to detect such theft and call the police so as to bring such persons to book. If one electricity thief is arrested and goes to jail for tampering with government property, others will firm up.

It is however unfortunate that they'd rather just issue estimated bills because it will ultimately fetch them more, theft or not.

WTF is Fashola doing? Send these electricity thieves to jail already!
Politics / Re: Ambode. Major Road Construction In Kirikiri....pictures. by 8BitGee(m): 10:45am On Jul 21, 2016
When will Nigeria stop using overhead cables and fvcking open drainage systems. It's an eyesore!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Literature / Re: Kola Onadipe's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by 8BitGee(m): 8:44am On Jul 20, 2016
Who is Kolawole Nathaniel Onadipe? Spoiler: He is a proud Ijebuman, just like myself wink

Kola Onadipe was born in Ijebu-Ode, Ogun state, Nigeria. He was born into a polygamous family and was the second son of his mother. Onadipe studied Law at the University of London in 1949 and later opened a law firm with his close friend Abraham Adesanya. He had fifteen children, seven boys and eight girls, to whom he dedicated his life and ensured they excelled in achieving acceptable academic status. He died at the age of sixty-six after he suffered a stroke on 4 December 1988. He is buried at his residential home in Ogbogbo, Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria.

He was the Principal of Olu-Iwa College (one of the four major High Schools in Ijebu-Ode in the late 40's, the 50's and early 60's). He was a staunch disciplinarian and kept the school in top level academic and moral flavor. His popular expression was "You go" which meant that if he caught you being a truant, you will be expelled regardless of who your parents might be. He was well respected by the proprietor of the school, Chief Timothy Adeola Odutola.

Boys from all over Nigeria who were admitted to the college became great men under him and went to higher institutions of learning both at home and abroad to become greater leaders and professionals in life. They are too many to mention or list.

Publications

He dedicated most of his lifetime to education and writing books for children. He wrote a number of children's books which include:

>> The adventures of Souza. Ibadan: African Universities Press, 1963. ISBN 0-410-80038-4

>> The boy slave. Lagos: African Universities Press, 1966. OCLC number 623440282

>> Koku Baboni. Ibadan: African Universities Press, 1965. OCLC number 26910639

>> Sugar girl. Nairobi: East African Pub, 1964. OCLC number 731260

>> The magic land of the shadows. Lagos: African University Press, 1970. OCLC number 32497510

>> The forest is our playground. Lagos, Nigeria: Africa Universities Press, 1972. OCLC number 1736920

>> The return of Shettima. Lagos: University Press, 1972. OCLC number 1747640

>> Builders of Africa. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1980. ISBN 978-178-004-5

>> Footprints on the Niger. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1980. ISBN 978-178-006-1

>> Sunny boy. Ijebu-Ode: Natona Press, 1980. OCLC number 9633828

>> Sweet mother. Ijebu-Ode [Nigeria]: Natona Press, 1980. ISBN 978-178-001-0

>> Around Nigeria in thirty days. Nigeria:Natona, 1981. ISBN 978-178-027-4

>> Call me Michael. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1981. ISBN 978-178-017-7

>> Halima must not die : and other plays for schools. Ijebu-Ode: Natona Press, 1981. ISBN 978-178-026-6

>> Happy birthday : queen for a day. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1982. ISBN 978-178-005-3

>> Mothers-In-Law. 1982

>> The Other Woman. 1982

>> A pot of gold. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press Publishers, 1984. ISBN 978-178-008-8

>> Beloved daughters. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1985. ISBN 978-178-022-3

>> The king is naked : and other stories. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1985. ISBN 978-178-025-8

>> The mysterious twins. Ijebu-Ode: Natona, 1986. OCLC number 633642923

>> Binta : beautiful bride. Ijebu-Ode, Nigeria: Natona Press, 1988. ISBN 978-978-178-041-7

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Onadipe

1 Like

Literature / Re: Kola Onadipe's 94th Posthumous Birthday Is Today! by 8BitGee(m): 8:31am On Jul 20, 2016
naptu2:
Around Nigeria In Thirty Days.

What a fantastic book that was. I still have a copy.

This reminds me of Robert Ageh Wellesley Cole's "Kossoh town boy". What a legend. It made me wish Sierra Leone could be part of Nigeria. I could understand their creole formed from pidgin English and Yoruba. I'll visit there and Gambia when next I'm home.

Ah, "weep not, child" too by Ngugi Wa Thiong'o is another great work that resonated with me.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (of 14 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.