Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope (34107 Views)

Long Distance Relationship: How To Make It Work / No Sex In Relationship? How Do You Cope? / Cheating In Relationship, How Did U Catch Them, How Were U Caught? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by ayokunlei(m): 2:00pm On Feb 21, 2015
SassyVixen:
Honey is there anything like an ''Extroverted Introvert''? because i happen to fall into that category,i haven't had a relationship in years but my few friends tell me i am too much 'fun' not to be in one. Funny thing is i rarely go out and i am still waiting for a cute Tarzan to swing down my door and claim me undecided Sad sad

from what u mentioned above, it means u have an introverted secondary trait
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
emerged01:

that is one of my problem. my situation grow worse when I'm feeling bad,that is when I prefer to be left alone,that is when I can keep mute. now she has developed a trick. whenever I'm in that mood, she will give me my baby to carry. Lol! I will surely smile to homeboy.

you dont need to say much so that we wont say things we wld regret
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by lovely17(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2015
seunadeolu:
UPON ALL THE UNILAG BABE WEY FULL EVERY ANGLE,GUY U NO DEY REP THE HOOD WELLA
na them they fear me pass
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by RealAlfranco: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2015
freegaza:
It is not easy...I don't have a galfriend since 2009...My first and last gf got married and since then I have been single... She is an extrovert and me an introvert... People always think am boring and soo quit...But she thinks am the best thing that has happened in her life...We are still friends her husband inclusive
Stories that touch the heart. Bro ur wife is on her way. I don't know the route she's taking,but she's coming! BELIEVE!!!
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Bibors(m): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
missclassy:
Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy. An introvert is simply someone who is energized by being alone. Unlike an extrovert who draws energy by being around people and around stimulating environments, an introvert is drained by such environments. An introvert doesn't have the natural drive to partake in events and social gathering and functions and if he our she engages in them, he or she would need a lot of time alone to get back the energy lost.

The current Nigerian society has been wired to favor the extroverts. Our social, economic, cultural and political society structures has been constructed in a way that makes one wonder if we are really living in an extrovert's world

When it comes to relationships, introverts are hugely misunderstood especially when its an introvert/extrovert relationship.
For example an introvert may choose to spend more time with himself/herself not because he or she doesn't want to spend time with the partner, but because naturally he or she prefers to spend reasonable amount of time with himself /herself

Also an introvert may not be as outgoing and may not like to attend parties and social functions with the partner and this could dent the growth of the relationship

So my question to all introverts out there In a relationship. How do you cope?
Also if you are in a relationship with an introvert, how do you cope?
The Nigerian society isn't wired for extroverts, the world seems so. The truth is that God made both the Extrovert and the Introvert for a purpose and both temperaments can learn to switch with much learning.
I am an Introvert who has learned to be an Extrovert when the need arises.
As for significant partners who refuse to learn the others personality traits and make every positive use of it....... wooo. Life isnt fair. Only the strong rule the world Intro or Extro.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Defcon1(m): 2:11pm On Feb 21, 2015
sinaj:
m an introvert nd de always mistake me mostly for a snub...itz not bin easy in reltnshp either coz most piple bliv introverts r lovers of demselves nd find it difficult to fall in love since we are always cold nd shy

Wow!
Looks really can be deceiving.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:12pm On Feb 21, 2015
duduade:
loooooooooooool.... Ok watching this in 3D o..... Wanna learn

Its very interesting to be an Introvert but @ first you dont seem to understand d kind of being you are.and for ladies/relationship i av an exotic taste,even though am ugly,girls that meets my taste are hard to come by......
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2015
lovely17:
na them they fear me pass
Same here,d only thing that save me then was that i attended fellowship,but neva joined d workers teami and my roommate neva walked to school togeda most times nor sat together in class.it was me alone,one man battalion.
I once wooed a senior and older female colleague in school,she was afraid coz my words and approach were intense,she did thot i was a cultist which i wasnt...i just had to give up when pple were saying i should let her go
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by luvola(m): 2:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
I am also an introvert and it has not Been easy..
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

Social life- i'm lively among my friends who knows me fully well.

To conclude it- ORIGIN turns me into an extrovert grin
keep away from Orijin! no go dey blame devil when you don go the extra mile one day
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Straightarrow: 2:27pm On Feb 21, 2015
I am extrovert but i think i'm dating an introvert but one with a difference and it's not been easy. She doesn't love books, doesn't love movies, can't spend meaningful time hanging out, in fact is useless in social gatherings, gets confused and stressed up in the midst of people to the point of acting up and sometimes irrationality, refuses 2attend functions if i'm not there bla bla. I have met introverts who can hold their own but... I love her tho but men it's not easy
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2015
luvola:
I am also an introvert and it has not Been easy..
Yes,but with time you wld enjoy it
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by kelvinnn(m): 2:38pm On Feb 21, 2015
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by lovely17(m): 2:42pm On Feb 21, 2015
IHate9ja1:

Same here,d only thing that save me then was that i attended fellowship,but neva joined d workers teami and my roommate neva walked to school togeda most times nor sat together in class.it was me alone,one man battalion.
I once wooed a senior and older female colleague in school,she was afraid coz my words and approach were intense,she did thot i was a cultist which i wasnt...i just had to give up when pple were saying i should let her go
Lol
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by illicit(m): 2:47pm On Feb 21, 2015
Am an introvert, but i do turn myself on with green bottles when i have to, i remember dating a gal who was introvert too, it was fun, most times we be indoors by ourselves smoking and reading or watching tv, we go see movies, we play ludo, draft, chess and cards, when we visit public places like bar, shrine, beach, restaurant, we sit in a corner away from public eye, we kiss if we get bored, it was fun. Its fun to be an introvert, i spend most of my time on myself, for myself and by myself

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by delors(m): 2:49pm On Feb 21, 2015
lagmostkuit:
Relationship wise- i'm so boring and am too shy for my liking and maybe that's why i've not had a lasting relationship.

Social life- i'm lively among my friends who knows me fully well.

To conclude it- ORIGIN turns me into an extrovert grin
Hennnnnn! Sadiat!!!! So na dey shaq my orijin every night and you tell me the bottle is leaking? Oriiya mi elekuro o...

Just kidding.

If you depend on orijin to change the 'in' to 'ex' in 'trovert', you are bound to have a lot of problems like wrong decision m judgment, vulnerability, etc Being an introvert isn't a crime, whoever understands you will appreciate that. Don't let orijin redefine your life. We guys can handle the craze that comes with shaq'ing but when ladies do the same, it's totally classless.

2 Likes

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Valfrankie(m): 2:51pm On Feb 21, 2015
I 'll seriously like to connect with other EXTREMELY INTROVERTED male/female NLers like myself. I need someone I could share ideas and suggestions with. Someone that would understand me and take me for who I am. I need someone to talk with. I feel really lonely in the world locked up in my own skin most times. Please PM me if you think we can be social or real friends. (Introverts only please) embarassedembarassedcry

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by delors(m): 2:52pm On Feb 21, 2015
illicit:
Am an introvert, but i do turn myself on with green bottles when i have to, i remember dating a gal who was introvert too, it was fun, most times we be indoors by ourselves smoking and reading or watching tv, we go see movies, we play ludo, draft, chess and cards, when we visit public places like bar, shrine, beach, restaurant, we sit in a corner away from public eye, we kiss if we get bored, it was fun. Its fun to be an introvert, i spend most of my time on myself, for myself and by myself
Chai! Guy you can lie o. Na girl you do all these abominable things with? I hail o
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by SkinnyDude(m): 2:53pm On Feb 21, 2015
midasbliss:
Im An Introvert, And It's Kinda Annoying When People Dnt Understand Me.
I'd Love To Be In A Relationship But No One Seem To Understand Me.
so, you mean no one has ever wooed you?

1 Like

Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by illicit(m): 2:55pm On Feb 21, 2015
delors:

Chai! Guy you can lie o. Na girl you do all these abominable things with? I hail o
whats abominable
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by carik(m): 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
grin

So introvert ion have a gf!

How do i explain that?
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
missclassy:
Being an introvert doesn't mean you are shy. An introvert is simply someone who is energized by being alone. Unlike an extrovert who draws energy by being around people and around stimulating environments, an introvert is drained by such environments. An introvert doesn't have the natural drive to partake in events and social gathering and functions and if he our she engages in them, he or she would need a lot of time alone to get back the energy lost.

The current Nigerian society has been wired to favor the extroverts. Our social, economic, cultural and political society structures has been constructed in a way that makes one wonder if we are really living in an extrovert's world

When it comes to relationships, introverts are hugely misunderstood especially when its an introvert/extrovert relationship.
For example an introvert may choose to spend more time with himself/herself not because he or she doesn't want to spend time with the partner, but because naturally he or she prefers to spend reasonable amount of time with himself /herself

Also an introvert may not be as outgoing and may not like to attend parties and social functions with the partner and this could dent the growth of the relationship

So my question to all introverts out there In a relationship. How do you cope?
Also if you are in a relationship with an introvert, how do you cope?

I am an AMBIVERT cool! Shey? Buh deceiving.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by illicit(m): 2:58pm On Feb 21, 2015
midasbliss:
Im An Introvert, And It's Kinda Annoying When People Dnt Understand Me.
I'd Love To Be In A Relationship But No One Seem To Understand Me.
eeya, if u dont mind we should talk
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by SkinnyDude(m): 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

So you have never had a reasonable relationship and u dare raise your yeye face at me All men have been chopping and dropping you. No wonder you look like a 50yr old. No sense, no brain, no beauty. Smh
upload your pic, lets see how beautiful you are.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 21, 2015
ebig21:
I am introvert and extrovert, sometimes i like being alone, sometimes i like being with people, i like being social, sometimes i act snubbing

An Ambivert u mean? Same here.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by ayokunlei(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
@Emboldened, it is not true. Introverts are not shy people. I am an introvert and I am neither cold nor shy.
but u are reserved
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by 360command: 3:09pm On Feb 21, 2015
irunobo3:

So you have never had a reasonable relationship and u dare raise your yeye face at me All men have been chopping and dropping you. No wonder you look like a 50yr old. No sense, no brain, no beauty. Smh
that is harsh!!!
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by freegaza(m): 3:15pm On Feb 21, 2015
RealAlfranco:
Stories that touch the heart. Bro ur wife is on her way. I don't know the route she's taking,but she's coming! BELIEVE!!!
Ameeen bro
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by gabicon: 3:19pm On Feb 21, 2015
Compromise is the word I am an introvert while my fiancée is an extrovert I do understand the need for her to go out as one of her characteristic trait, so at times I have to satisfy this need as I don't want to risk someone else fulfilling this need and she does same for me. If we are going to walk together we have to agree, we both have to make sacrifices most times that's what love does and there are times that I sense that an outing is real important to her I push myself to go with her and most time she thanks me afterwards as she sees it as a sacrifice on my path.
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by kennyok(m): 3:20pm On Feb 21, 2015
I think it depends on how one can manage oneself, I believe im introvert and to an extent it hasn't realily be rosy ..relationship wise it understanding but most time boring for two introvert dating believe me..
Re: Introverts In A Relationship, How Do You Cope by sinaj(f): 3:21pm On Feb 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
@Emboldened, it is not true. Introverts are not shy people. I am an introvert and I am neither cold nor shy.
lol nd I guess u r alzo social...congrats den, coz u not an introvert...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chubby Ladies On Nairaland,pls Share Your Love Life Experience / Lady Rejects Guy Because He Wanted To Take Her On A Date With 'Kabu Kabu' / 5 Weird Toasting Styles Nigerian Guys Use For Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.