Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,049 members, 7,814,601 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? (31457 Views)

Lagos Man Pretends To Be Dead In An Accident Only To Rise And Propose To His GF / LMAO: See What A Guy Did After His GF Asked Him To Choose Between Her & His Dog / Photo; April Fool Prank, Message A Guy Sent To His Gf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by tablu: 1:53pm On May 07, 2015
erico2k2:

wake up . that's old fashioned way of reasoning. Stop it . its outdated be UK compliant
The current realities on the ground do not reflect the ideal situation In the uk.Even though the young man OP may be a of a spendthrift.I sincerely tink he should slow down considering the fact that he is still a student but the priviledges accorded him are way more than what is available to the GF in nàija.He should slow down on how much he spends on her cos a 21yrs old girl in naija somtimes do not have their priorities straigthen out and can easily abuse priviledges cos they dont know where or how the money comes.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by 12month: 1:54pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:
Also I know a lot of guys who do that and more, it's called responsibility. So while you are there contemplating how far is socially acceptable to go for the good girl you have, another guy is going the whole nine yards for her. If u need public opinion to decide if you are doing too much, you don't have a mind of your own and are definitely not a good choice of partner.

How many guys can go nine yards giving their babe 30k per month. Forget the fact that money is not an issue but he should use his sense of reasoning abeg
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Cutehector(m): 2:03pm On May 07, 2015
b0rn2fuck:
they thought maga is yahoo game between foreign and Naija, not knowing itt all occurs within naija to naija! Even me I bi maga to some girls but not to this extent! This one na Ebo to ni a ta, sisi eko go kill ham die.
me sef I be maga too grin.. We all hav been magalized at a certain point in our lives grin. Afterall, money is meant to be spent
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Mavor: 2:12pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:
OP Iv never dated a guy who didn't do that for me and more .I'm 22 and very hardworking as well.
As long as she loves you and you love her , you don't need anyones approval or opinion on what to give her or do for her as long as you can afford it.
That said, i do not feel comfortable with her sense of entitlement, seems like a selfish girl. You might want to watch out for that.
The girls condemning you taking care of your girlfriend are just jealous haters and the guys are broke. Put ur money where your happiness is.
So money=happiness? You're a poverty stricken human being

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Oiselenjakhian(m): 2:23pm On May 07, 2015
Hello I am a programmer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. We are multimedia studio with a passion for telling African stories from an African perspective.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by VanOmiyale: 2:25pm On May 07, 2015
I do not think there's anything wrong with giving someone you care about monthly allowance as long as it is convenient for you especially being a student yourself. You only need to put your foot down that you will not give a dime higher than the agreed amount unless there is an emergency that is life threatening.

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by needies(m): 2:25pm On May 07, 2015
She is using u guy! If to say u dey nija I for understanding. As u pay her, she pays her nija bF too. Sai shocked
adrainuche:
Its been more than a year since I started dating my present GF and money seems to be one of the major problem in our relationship ... There's no need to know which part of Nigeria she's from grin

Previously I send her money at will or when she asks but I noticed it was becoming too rampant and sometimes recursive, so I decided to place her on monthly allowances .

Another problem has boiled out she says she wants
30k per month so in 12 months (NVM) although to me its a bit better because previously am sure I send her more than 30k a month, ...

So please I want to know if its a good idea for one to place his GF on monthly allowances and how much is ideal I once insisted I slash her monthly allowance to 20 or 15k monthly but she nearly killed me grin

Some of my friends feel its a bad idea that it seems too formal like as if dating me is a job, she's 21 and am 23 , we are both in university tho I don't study in naija presently ...

Am sure some Elderly Folks may find this insipid am honestly sorry grin
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:33pm On May 07, 2015
Mavor:
So money=happiness? You're a poverty stricken human being
Will you shut up there. Adrianuche can you see the kind of things you are seeking advice from. Be wise.

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 07, 2015
12month:

How many guys can go nine yards giving their babe 30k per month. Forget the fact that money is not an issue but he should use his sense of reasoning abeg
Lol my dear just pray for money not to be an issue for you, cod then and only then will you spare no expense to make the one you love happy.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by erico2k2(m): 2:38pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:
Also I know a lot of guys who do that and more, it's called responsibility. So while you are there contemplating how far is socially acceptable to go for the good girl you have, another guy is going the whole nine yards for her. If u need public opinion to decide if you are doing too much, you don't have a mind of your own and are definitely not a good choice of partner.
what's sort of responsibility does a bi owe a go rather than love?
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by erico2k2(m): 2:40pm On May 07, 2015
VanOmiyale:
I do not think there's anything wrong with giving someone you care about monthly allowance as long as it is convenient for you especially being a student yourself. You only need to put your foot down that you will not give a dime higher than the agreed amount unless there is an emergency that is life threatening.
student do work too.when I was a student I was working
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 07, 2015
erico2k2:

what's sort of responsibility does a bi owe a go rather than love?
How can you love without giving, and if a guy chooses to give his love monthly upkeep how does that make him a fool? Or a maga?
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On May 07, 2015
tablu:
The current realities on the ground do not reflect the ideal situation In the uk.Even though the young man OP may be a of a spendthrift.I sincerely tink he should slow down considering the fact that he is still a student but the priviledges accorded him are way more than what is available to the GF in nàija.He should slow down on how much he spends on her cos a 21yrs old girl in naija somtimes do not have their priorities straigthen out and can easily abuse priviledges cos they dont know where or how the money comes.
ahaha I meant to type y2k compliant lol
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:47pm On May 07, 2015
lol the replies are funny,
let's be honest would a babe help out a guy with cash like that ?
not saying it's bad but no guy is obliged to give monthly payments unless he feels like it, it's not any stupid responsibility. taking care of your sister is a responsibility, your wife and mum. but then again what do i know ? am just a mortal man. cry

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by erico2k2(m): 2:47pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:

How can you love without giving, and if a guy chooses to give his love monthly upkeep how does that make him a fool? Or a maga?
giving and receiving should be a thing of privilege not responsibility. Word is.if you are aPpreciate then you are worth it if you are not then you ain't. From the said fact GF went gaga on OP when he attempted to slash the alawee, she ain't worth it.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:50pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:

it depends first is it a two way relationship, let's be honest the relationship system in Nigeria is skewed. its about the guys giving and babes receiving but not all though.

Also love is more than giving, it's about sacrifices from both end. A guy is not entitled to put a babe on a monthly salary that's just being stupid and promoting liability as the girl will always be dependent on that. I find it odd you would agree to this, can't she work or do something with her hands.

GEEZ WHAT A BUNCH OF *ENTITLED* GENERATIONS.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:51pm On May 07, 2015
Its so annoying that some posters are saying any girl who advices @op not to place his gf on an allowance,is just jealous!See fowl reasoning o...Av dated a guy who was earning 600k a month, and he did not place me on an allowance..yet,when I hv a pressing need..he helps out!I didn't have to ask sef..he knows he has to help out.I did not tell him..oya,from dat ur 600k salary,how much wil u be giving me?Love is not meant to be paid for!na wa o...I wish thrs a way to sugarcoat the truth..@op is really acting out his age!Don't you have plans for your life?My cousin of 24 has 3 plots of land in delta state that I encouraged him to buy..Today,the land has appreciated in value.He is looking for a way to start foundation for his house on one plot .Hell..even d land my family house was built on was bought for 120k..Won't you save up ur money?...there are corpers who live on 19800!are they not alive?Besides no matter how poor her family is,they can't just abandon her in sch!once in a while,they must send her small change!@op give yourself brain o!In 3 yrs time sef,you guys may no longer be togeda,let alone getting married!why make such investments on a woman..I doubt if davido or wizkid placed their gf's on allowance,let alone you!How would you know if she truly loves you or if she is just there to collect the monthly allowee!Use your tongue to count your teeth..thank God my cousins or my brother can't be this myopic..not when am alive!

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 07, 2015
erico2k2:

giving and receiving should be a thing of privilege not responsibility. Word is.if you are aPpreciate then you are worth it if you are not then you ain't. From the said fact GF went gaga on OP when he attempted to slash the alawee, she ain't worth it.
Please note where I talked about the girls sense of entitlement. Yea every girl should appreciate Her man, and yes it's responsibility because if you can't take care of a girlfriend without b***ching about giving her money you also won't tak care of your wife. Responsibility is learned.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:56pm On May 07, 2015
Blackbeauty:
Its so annoying that some posters are saying any girl who advices @op not to place his gf on an allowance,is just jealous!See fowl reasoning o...Av dated a guy who was earning 600k a month, and he did not place me on an allowance..yet,when I hv a pressing need..he helps out!I didn't have to ask sef..he knows he has to help out.I did not tell him..oya,from dat ur 600k salary,how much wil u be giving me?Love is not meant to be paid for!na wa o...I wish thrs a way to sugarcoat the truth..@op is really acting out his age!Don't you have plans for your life?My cousin of 24 has 3 plots of land in delta state that I encouraged him to buy..Today,the land has appreciated in value.He is looking for a way to start foundation for his house on one plot .Hell..even d land my family house was built on was bought for 120k..Won't you save up ur money?...there are corpers who live on 19800!are they not alive?Besides no matter how poor her family is,they can't just abandon her in sch!once in a while,they must send her small change!@op give yourself brain o!In 3 yrs time sef,you guys may no longer be togeda,let alone getting married!why make such investments on a woman..I doubt if davido or wizkid placed their gf's on allowance,let alone you!How would you know if she truly loves you or if she is just there to collect the monthly allowee!Use your tongue to count your teeth..thank God my cousins or my brother can't be this myopic..not when am alive!

You should remember not everyone on nairaland is smart or thinks logically. If it were we won't be having silly topics and threads. Mediocrity rules the day here

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by nnaemy2013(m): 2:56pm On May 07, 2015
Its not bad to place ur GIRLFRIEND on monthly allowance esp if u also have ur mum and/or siblings on such allowance. I hope this GIRLFRIEND wouldn't be mad if she finds out her brotherplaces his girlfriend on allowance. Expenditure is always sweet from another persons pocket.

OP, if its what u decide to do, pls carry on. Right or wrong is in d perspective of the actoe

1 Like

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 2:59pm On May 07, 2015
To the girl who said I have fowl reasoning, lol , your boyfriend was earning 600k and you were not seeing it. How unfortunate. Where is he now? Are you married to him? A man puts his money where his happiness is. Do you think a girl has to ask a guy for anything if he reall loves her and values her and can afford it? That is what responsibility is, spoil your girl and still invest. I was raised to believe a man will build a house, make money, spoil his wife and take a taxi if his wife needs to use the car to get to work. I thank God i have only attracted men who share same ideology.
If a man does not take care of you when you are dating how will he take care if you if you marry him?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by adrainuche(m): 3:00pm On May 07, 2015
kene05:

Oh, u even sent her the link? Imagine o, do u expect her to dance skelewu? When it's certain her spells r abt to b cast bounds? My dear even if na yahoo+ u dey into, i bet u can invest it on something more lucrative here in Nigeria, rather than waste fortunes on dat lazy family. Just my candid opinion tho...

Thankx boss
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by erico2k2(m): 3:03pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:

Please note where I talked about the girls sense of entitlement. Yea every girl should appreciate Her man, and yes it's responsibility because if you can't take care of a girlfriend without b***ching about giving her money you also won't tak care of your wife. Responsibility is learned.
Nah lie.wife is 100%different from girlfriend.I'm a married man so I can say the difference. When U marry a woman she is your responsibility in total in good or in Bad.I can use my whole salary and even borrow to add to set my wife up as there is no other option but I can't with a gf cos there is an option.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by tablu: 3:04pm On May 07, 2015
erico2k2:

ahaha I meant to type y2k compliant lol
how cliche...
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by adrainuche(m): 3:05pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:

Will you shut up there. Adrianuche can you see the kind of things you are seeking advice from. Be wise.

LOL I can see madam you guyz are cracking me up... Thankx for ur contribution.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 07, 2015
pcguru1:

it depends first is it a two way relationship, let's be honest the relationship system in Nigeria is skewed. its about the guys giving and babes receiving but not all though.

Also love is more than giving, it's about sacrifices from both end. A guy is not entitled to put a babe on a monthly salary that's just being stupid and promoting liability as the girl will always be dependent on that. I find it odd you would agree to this, can't she work or do something with her hands.

GEEZ WHAT A BUNCH OF *ENTITLED* GENERATIONS.
No one likes a lazy person, if a 23 yr old decides to date a lazy girl that is a different kettle of fish and points to serious flaws in ops judgement. Whether a girl works or not, it is a mans responsibility to take care of her, if you leave all the smart hardworking girls to date a lazy one who's only credentials is hotness and sexiness it's yiu fault but if you are with a smart hardworking girl, you have to take care of her. That is what responsibility is all about.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 3:08pm On May 07, 2015
erico2k2:

Nah lie.wife is 100%different from girlfriend.Im a married man so I can day. When U marry a woman she is your responsibility in total in good or in Bad.I can use my whole salary and even borrow to add to set my wife up as there is no other option but I can't with a gf cos there is an option.
Do you think your wife would have married you if you were not taking care of her , even financially, if you could afford it? Now if she grew / growing with you she has my respect and I wish you a happy home. But if u were established, no wise woman will marry a STINGY man.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by adrainuche(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2015
LKO:

If u are not complaining of ur GF not giving u a "HEAD", then it is about monthly allowance for ur GF. U better be serious with studies.

Boss one kil me with laugh ooo I am serious with my books ooo... Dnt mind me this girl issue is just disturbing me sha...
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:
To the girl who said I have fowl reasoning, lol , your boyfriend was earning 600k and you were not seeing it. How unfortunate. Where is he now? Are you married to him? A man puts his money where his happiness is. Do you think a girl has to ask a guy for anything if he reall loves her and values her and can afford it? That is what responsibility is, spoil your girl and still invest. I was raised to believe a man will build a house, make money, spoil his wife and take a taxi if his wife needs to use the car to get to work. I thank God i have only attracted men who share same ideology.
If a man does not take care of you when you are dating how will he take care if you if you marry him?

1. There's a mountain between Wife and girlfriend, Wife takes ultimate priority
2. Imagine upon all the investment, they don't marry do you know how much waste that is ? so if one dates about 6 girls and sadly nothing comes out of it, what's the financial implication ?

3. As a Wife your husband is to take care of you, as a Girlfriend there's no mandate to
4. maybe it's because 22 so your thinking is a bit different but relationship is all about comfort sometimes it's rough you seem to place emphasis on the "financial" but then again that could be my error.
5. in everything you have described, you've only talked about what you receive , what you are entitled to, doesn't that put much disturbance in you, how would you feel, if your son's gf made this same type of statement knowing you need assistance from him.

NOTE: I have no problem with him putting his gf on a monthly salary , if that's what he decides to do but what i have a problem with ; is the demand for it.

Also your statements would make feminists turn in their graves.
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 07, 2015
Ladylaura93:
lol...Have you ever heard the word"making your own money"...Yea,I make my own money!That's why a man cannot treat me like crap..cos no one pays my bills!Now to answer your question...it may surprise you to know that some of us actually check out if a guy is mature and god fearing enough to become a husband..where is he now?..Good question..He proposed to me on his birthday in front of like 100 people..and right there I told him no!till date he is still unmarried and wants me back, but I don't care cos he is not a man I can really be happy with!So its not all about the money!pls try to believe in yourself...Na una type dey come my office as complainant for domestic violence and divorce matter...You can make your own money..get a car for yourself..A man must not be your messiah or u wil suffer greatly..and oops...I forgot..try not to see marriage as "the promised land" or the holy grail eh..there is more to life!chimamanda adichie,diezani and the rest...they r made!and are women like you and me...a man must not do everything for u?if he dies nko?then u find yourself thrown out on the streets..cos ur ideology is to stay home in sexy lingerie and wait for the man to bring money home!girls should try to be independent..it would make a man respect you more!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by adrainuche(m): 3:15pm On May 07, 2015
Modester4:
OP, u just made a very big mistake. Public forums will place your mind on marathon worry and confusion because people here are different, so their suggestion might destroy something good or bring something good. U are in the right position to solve your problem and no one.

Here is what I think u should do. (feel free to reject or use it)
* Don't give her monthly salary, instead give her what ever that comes from your mind.(you are both young and still needs to start a family)

*Talk to her that you both are student and are striving to survive. even if u are from a rich family, tell her that u are rich does not mean u waste.

*if u intend to marry her cause u love her, she must learn to control her spendings. how she manages now will determine how she will manage your family.

Why she spends too much is because, the view of wealth which she has never tasted but now tasting is controlling her. and if she really loves u, when she will come back to her sense.

Now OP think, do you want to marry a lady that spends too much, make her control herself.
besides, we human fall astray sometimes and not perfect.

And as for those insulting,; how will u give out your point when it's full of insults. he needed advice that was why he came here at first.

Thank You Aunty I just wish we could be friends in real life... This are advice I need... thankx
Re: Is It Apopriate For One To Place His GF On Monthly Allowances ?? by shepf: 3:17pm On May 07, 2015
]Is gud

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

South African Lady Weds Nigerian In Port Shepstone, S'africa. / Leaked Pics From The Nairaland Broke Party! Enter Here!!!!!!! / Why Every Man Must Bend A Kneel To Propose.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.