Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (54312 Views)

Jerusalem. Malaysia Army Ready To Play Role / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST / Niger-Delta Militants Vow To Bomb Aso-rock, Details Specific targets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by delerx(m): 10:07pm On Jun 11, 2016
God bless Nigeria. God bless the Nigerian military. God's wrath on those against peaceful coexistence

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by delerx(m): 10:09pm On Jun 11, 2016
God bless Nigeria. God bless the Nigerian military,God's wrath on those against peaceful coexistence

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by hakimi1974(m): 10:12pm On Jun 11, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.
have u heard of the s.b.s

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Luvties(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
NATIONALPASTOR:
Whoever that is sending soldiers to kill people of the Easter region shall know no peace and will soon be hurried according to Islamic burial rites.

Bookmark this page for reference.

PHARAOH leave Gods people before it's too late for you.

Everybody here should pass on this message to Pharaoh.

God asked me to tell Pharaoh of Nigeria to Leave the Children of God or he will Die Soon.

Stop giving reference with Bible stories to back up criminals of the ND, are the people of God so wicked in the Bible?

And what right did u hv to call someone a pharaoh

misguided elements.

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by tundexijim(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
oweniwe:

So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves
And this one go think say na talk hin dey talk like this...smh

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by nairalandbuzz(m): 10:13pm On Jun 11, 2016
chronique:
The NDA aren't showing off any equipment but have been a 100% accurate in their operations,and have shown us results. NA on the other hand havenbeen able to show a genuine militant caught. With all the technology and weapons the army boast of,all they could do was to arrest chevron workers and present them as avengers. In my opinion,I think all these pictures being posted here,just makes the army look ridiculous and utterly useless,when you compare their results so far as against that of the militants. We don't need all these pictures;get the militants and we'd know you're working. The NA is gradually going the way of the Nigerian police that only shows up after a successful robbery operation has been carried out,and ends up arrestingg innocent citizens.

U be fool... Lord forgive me!

Horus is a Nairaland user and not NA spokesperson.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by coldFLARES1(m): 10:15pm On Jun 11, 2016
oweniwe:

So it is okay by you all the states go broke and are unable to pay salaries of millions of workers because the government is bent on jailing a few people?

Is it okay by you for the government to lose $5bn because it want to recover $1bn?

It is like a shop owner who locked shop to go pursue debtors and is complaining that he is not making sales or profit.... Whereas, his shop remain locked. He locked up his shop with goods worth N1bn to go pursue debtors who owed him N100m... He has been unable to pay his workers salaries as a result.

If I were Buhari, I wouldn't make millions of civil servants suffer 7 months unpaid salaries because few people stolen some money... Even if he suceeds in recovering the stolen money, it would still not be enough to pay accumulated workers salaries.

I'll rather forget about the past... ensure loopholes in the government are blocked and face the future, finish...!!!

It is wrong to make millions of civil servants suffer for the sins of few thieves
I do not think your analogy aptly describes our situation. The earlier we are all agreed on the fact we can't pander to the whims and caprices of some faceless band of criminals, the better for us all.

Do you honestly say, cases of corruption, treason and theft being pursued should be discontinued and suspects freed because some criminals have decreed so? There should be no two ways about this: a confrontation that would eventually settle this issue. Thankfully, officers that may possibly become dissident have been eased out preparatory to the final showdown and good enough, the criminals have boasted about having adequate armaments including missile capabilities and the advantage of the terrain. So no party comes with greater advantage.

Much as I do not align with the government's seeming prioritization of the fight against official graft over the economy, the states can go broke provided a clear statement is made to the effect effect that no group/association of individuals can hold us to ransom.

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by ENZOSCIFO1: 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
mamabomboy:
A land army with no amphibian training is sent to combat different guerilla ghostmode sects. The answer is simple, the NA will be decimated and butchered like cattle. I just wish the clowns on NL supporting the army's suicidal mission would be drafted by the army. That would be poetic justice.

Ignorance, you probably not heard of the Amphibious brigade ......and they are stationed in Warri. Been around for over 30 years.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2016
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2663846_nigeriannavysbs_jpege632ba474c833654395dcda41efc9291

The Nigerian Navy has the best Special Forces in Nigeria among the armed Forces.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by chronique(m): 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
When you can point who your father is,come back and talk to me.
nairalandbuzz:

U be fool... Lord forgive me!

Horus is a Nairaland user and not NA spokesperson.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by unite4real: 10:20pm On Jun 11, 2016
tdayof:
it's not about understanding the creek... Our military just lacks Intel and a proper way of conducting operation.. You don't just send in military personnel to an area. That ain't a crime scene but a militant controlled area... The Nigerian military doesn't know if she is on an offensive or defensive action.

Are you even aware that the Nigeria army has base in the delta at all? Talking about understanding the terrain as if the Amphibious Batalion for example, based in Warri since the history of Nigeria army is just a monument. The military also knows the terrains. It's not like the military will post soldiers from nowhere to the creeks. There are trained personnel with experience that knows the terrain very well.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by isahsalee: 10:24pm On Jun 11, 2016
IDP camps loading in Niger Delta region

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by NwaIgboBoy(m): 10:29pm On Jun 11, 2016
This is geting intresting o! Plz we civilians need guns too to defend our selfs bcuz dat are meant to defend us are too buzy nw wit NDA, and the Police are buzy fighing and kiling oka men 4 20box not to talk of Civil Defence dem who can bearly knw ger left 4rm right......... I WEEP 4 THI NATION!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by skywalker240(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2016
buhari stop been a dullard....no be everything dey involve force and power of military...

Beside's to those of u saying d NA should crush them should reason again and again...what am gonna say

before an average man can be brave enough to buy a ross royce phantom,..then who are we to doubt if he can fuel or mentain it.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Horus(m): 10:36pm On Jun 11, 2016

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by kettykin: 10:39pm On Jun 11, 2016
May God help nigeria from disaster, I pray that the army survives this trap, I read during the civil war how an ordinary major jonathan uchendu used a locally fabricated weapon in a remote location in Abagana with some untrained biafran volunteers and wiped out 99% of the whole second division of the nigerian army that was using military hardware from soviet union Britain and Egypt causing general murtala mohammed to embark on a self imposed exile to Britain where he stayed till the war ended.

The nigerian military is about getting involved in a needless war that would lead to the untimely death of innocent soldiers, first the army would be fighting against the oceans and creeks, second the army would be fighting against a highly mobile and fast militant group, thirdly the fight is likely to involve other support for niger delta militants from disgruntled ipob members who are vowing to revenge the killing of their members, innocent niger delta people who will join the militants to defend their lands, kindred, villages and communities. Third southern cameroon, might lend their support to niger delta and other militants.

The war looks vert easy on paper but might be more complicated, an example is how easy it looked on paper to capture Ojukwu in 48 hours in a small south eastern enclave smaller than the state of borno but in reality the army was beaten blue black loosing more than 400,000 soldiers more than 4 times the present number of military men and still Ojukwu was never captured rather the army had to resort to an unconventional warfare that required the sabotage of farmlands in the east leading to the death of innocent children and women.

If biafra had enough guns and bullets the story might have ended differently. Now the Niger deltans are not biafrans, niger deltans are invisible and ruthless like the crocodiles of the river, they are ruthlessly fast like the shark and effective swimmers.

Nigeria had better focused it's energy on its economic problems, recession and many other challenges facing the country.

The army might not have deep divers or even a submarine to navigate the oceans and will face a herculean task getting around the creeks to secure oil facilities and engage the militants. All militants need is to puncture holes in the gun boats to finish any invadeprors. While the military would be hunting for some invisible enemies. Who are some what fast, ruthless and proactive.

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by BraniacX(m): 10:40pm On Jun 11, 2016
Horus:

And? why do you believe that these machines are obsolete?
I think he means they have not been effective so far!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Legitbaba(m): 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
SuperS1Panther:
PMB should declare State of Emergency in RIvers, Delta and Bayelsa.

All routes in and out of the creeks in those states, whether on land sea or air should be blocked.

CIvilians should be given a window to pass through controlled exit points to safety within a stipulated period.

Afterwards, bombing of everything moving and standing on land air and sea should commence. There should be continuous and sustained baptismal of hell fire for 7days and 7 nights by Army, Air FOrce and Navy.

Simply assist the militants to finish off their bombing assignment.

Nigeria will start exploration again afterwards. No one has a monopoly of madness.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

This guy sef Abi u think say Niger Delta na one room Wey if u close door no body fit pass.....some of u don't even know.the Niger Delta enough....
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by JohnAkpebe: 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2016
I hope The Chief of Defence Staff, General Gabriel Olonishakin will also be at the battle field with his army troop? Not just running mouth on a battle he will not parttake off. :just like they did waist the life of newly absolve army on Boko-haram.
The NDA are not Boko-haram of the abokis.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by BraniacX(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
Come, you and that ftc guy, if e happen, if our soldier begin show NDA pepper mek una no come dey vex oh. Ehen.

They can never show NDA pepper! They can show other innocent niger deltans pepper though, get it? You can't kill what you can't see
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by tickles2luv2016(m): 10:44pm On Jun 11, 2016
mamabomboy:

Ok in other words are u saying the militants are more powerful than nigeria

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by oluwaahmed: 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
ashjay001:

I hope u realise; armies are trained to kill? And, should they not have any militant/s in their target, they'll resort to killing d innocents! And, with d recent retrenchment in d army, possible/compromised saboteurs from within are being let go. The typical soldier is trained to die fighting, so, only suicidal individuals/risk takers generally join d army in d 1st place!

My broda it's easy 2 sit down in d comfort of ur haus & type crap. NA cannot survive out der in d creeks. We R tukin abt militants who basically posses skills like d US navy seals. Dis guys cme 4rm underwater & attack, dat guerilla warfare in d creeks. D navy shd hav bn d ones goin in but all military establishments are weak in dis country. U tink if d NA wer so strong dey wldnt hav done d work already. Nd btw d pple in d NA are nt like u described, dose ones are in d offices/classrooms because dey dint hav any godfada 2 put dem into d army dey so luvd. Wake up son, shits real, u'll hear scores very soon. D problem wit d militants is dat wen u shoot dem, dey Dnt die, dey've sold deir soul 2 d marine goddess dt protected deir forefathers & deir lands. D pple I pity are d SS/SE soldiers dat will be drafted in deir majority 4 dis war. Hausa soldiers wnt be sent 2 d creeks. Watch & see
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Seunjungle(m): 10:50pm On Jun 11, 2016
I think that Federal government should allow our military to go into full time combat with this militant groups that are forming to be something, whereas nothing.

Now I can see that their politicians don't have good will or love their people the way they are parading militants that cannot even face Nigeria Police not to talk of Our able military that can wipe out the whole states.

Military should embark on harsh Rule of Engagement against them and let's see who perish.

In their agitation points. i only see one genuine reason which is agitation for the better life of the whole Deltans. Others like freedom for KANU and federal government should drop corruption cases against Dansuki and some of their politicians is full scale nonsense that can come to reality.

Their people should be able to see clearly now that the militants are bias and only fighting for those that jeopardise the great opportunity they had while in power.

Jonathan failed the whole Niger Delta and their eyes is not that open to realise that fact...why can't Jonathan with the power he had then try to stabilise some of these things they are fighting for now. The drunkard was so busy practising all sorts of corruption and denied his people.

Jonathan failed them not Buhari!

If that region turn to war field, I pity the less and lesser privileges among them... because Jonathan and his co Militants guys are already have a place to put their heads. But it will uncover no matter how strong their connection is

I pity Deltans!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by toneawe(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
I believe there are army that are from Niger-Delta.FG should send their own people that are in the army to go fit themselves since them nor wan get sense. Go and see what the Igbos and deltans are doing in Lagos. U will think they own Lagos.yet, Yorubas never fit them say make dem nor come take work from them. This is a nation that anyone has the right to be and do anything he/she likes in as much it's in accordance with the Constitution governing the nation. Why won't FG probe past leaders from Niger-Delta? Even when they k kw that these leaders even forsake them. Instead of them to seize the opportunity to bring their wicked leaders to justice, they are protecting them. It's a pity. For the 7 years Jonathan ruled, what change was brought to Niger-Delta? Y didn't they do this rubbish during his time? DG should use jet fighters to wipe them out of the surface of this earth because it's not a just fight they are fighting.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by toneawe(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2016
I believe there are army that are from Niger-Delta.FG should send their own people that are in the army to go fight them since them nor wan get sense. Go and see what the Igbos and deltans are doing in Lagos. U will think they own Lagos.yet, Yorubas never fight them say make dem nor come take work from them. This is a nation that anyone has the right to be and do anything he/she likes in as much it's in accordance with the Constitution governing the nation. Why won't FG probe past leaders from Niger-Delta? Even when they know that these leaders even forsake them. Instead of them to seize the opportunity to bring their wicked leaders to justice, they are protecting them. It's a pity. For the 7 years Jonathan ruled, what change was brought to Niger-Delta? Y didn't they do this rubbish during his time? FG should use jet fighters to wipe them out of the surface of this earth because it's not a just fight they are fighting.

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by hakimi1974(m): 10:55pm On Jun 11, 2016
nairalandbuzz:

I love that riffle.

Still searching for the name though it looks like Chinese assault riffle and so sure it is gas operated.
that is a tarvor 21 assault rifle isreali made and yes it is gas operated

1 Like

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by MoneyGreen(m): 10:58pm On Jun 11, 2016
BraniacX:

They can never show NDA pepper! They can show other innocent niger deltans pepper though, get it? You can't kill what you can't see
They must coward then. They should come out and defend their so-called region. Shebi Dem say Dem be invisible? But of corwards. Lwt them come out and we'll see who BOSS is. 5% fools!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by SuperS1Panther: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
Legitbaba:

This guy sef Abi u think say Niger Delta na one room Wey if u close door no body fit pass.....some of u don't even know.the Niger Delta enough....

Ask your Igbo neighbours what a blockade is and they will tell you. The Niger Delta that you think has many doors will suddenly turn to a room and parlour kind of arrangement.

That is when you will realise how the millenium old tactics has remained the most effective war fare strategy till today.

2 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 11, 2016
kettykin:
May God help nigeria from disaster, I pray that the army survives this trap, I read during the civil war how an ordinary major jonathan uchendu used a locally fabricated weapon in a remote location in Abagana with some untrained biafran volunteers and wiped out 99% of the whole second division of the nigerian army that was using military hardware from soviet union Britain and Egypt causing general murtala mohammed to embark on a self imposed exile to Britain where he stayed till the war ended.

The nigerian military is about getting involved in a needless war that would lead to the untimely death of innocent soldiers, first the army would be fighting against the oceans and creeks, second the army would be fighting against a highly mobile and fast militant group, thirdly the fight is likely to involve other support for niger delta militants from disgruntled ipob members who are vowing to revenge the killing of their members, innocent niger delta people who will join the militants to defend their lands, kindred, villages and communities. Third southern cameroon, might lend their support to niger delta and other militants.

The war looks vert easy on paper but might be more complicated, an example is how easy it looked on paper to capture Ojukwu in 48 hours in a small south eastern enclave smaller than the state of borno but in reality the army was beaten blue black loosing more than 400,000 soldiers more than 4 times the present number of military men and still Ojukwu was never captured rather the army had to resort to an unconventional warfare that required the sabotage of farmlands in the east leading to the death of innocent children and women.

If biafra had enough guns and bullets the story might have ended differently. Now the Niger deltans are not biafrans, niger deltans are invisible and ruthless like the crocodiles of the river, they are ruthlessly fast like the shark and effective swimmers.

Nigeria had better focused it's energy on its economic problems, recession and many other challenges facing the country.

The army might not have deep divers or even a submarine to navigate the oceans and will face a herculean task getting around the creeks to secure oil facilities and engage the militants. All militants need is to puncture holes in the gun boats to finish any invadeprors. While the military would be hunting for some invisible enemie s. Who are some what fast, ruthless and proactive.

u seems to knw alot ,...NDA nids hands lik yu beko join them...u get serious great ideas ...puncture holes in war ship ....go school dem no go ...naa we gt oil dem go dey shout weytin make God wey creat am do.

3 Likes

Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by JohnAkpebe: 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2016
Good to hear! I think someone should as well tell Buhari to be prepare to fight this battle for the rest of his presidency!

As long as Buhari have not learnt to obey court order, he should be ready to face more troubles for the rest of his term in office.
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by BraniacX(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
MoneyGreen:
They must coward then. They should come out and defend their so-called region. Shebi Dem say Dem be invisible? But of corwards. Lwt them come out and we'll see who BOSS is. 5% fools!

Call them whatever you like

But unlike brainless oafish boko haram, I believe these are well educated men who concluded that killing and getting killed is less effective than blowing pipelines and guess what? They are absolutely correct!
Re: Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants by Legitbaba(m): 11:04pm On Jun 11, 2016
toneawe:
I believe there are army that are from Niger-Delta.FG should send their own people that are in the army to go fit themselves since them nor wan get sense. Go and see what the Igbos and deltans are doing in Lagos. U will think they own Lagos.yet, Yorubas never fit them say make dem nor come take work from them. This is a nation that anyone has the right to be and do anything he/she likes in as much it's in accordance with the Constitution governing the nation. Why won't FG probe past leaders from Niger-Delta? Even when they k kw that these leaders even forsake them. Instead of them to seize the opportunity to bring their wicked leaders to justice, they are protecting them. It's a pity. For the 7 years Jonathan ruled, what change was brought to Niger-Delta? Y didn't they do this rubbish during his time? DG should use jet fighters to wipe them out of the surface of this earth because it's not a just fight they are fighting.

It's a pity that this people are attaching political sentiments to the Niger Delta struggle....WTF has Dasuki got to do with the Niger Delta What has PDP and APC gat to do with us either... we want a N.Delta Republic...that's all....
The earlier the NDA took away that part of their demand the better for us....unless they are out there to play politics with the name.of Niger Delta agaim

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Wike Looking Younger, Fresher In Independence Day Pictures / Precious Chikwendu Denies Her Account Was Used To Launder Money / Rashida Yahaya Bello Posts About Iftar On Twitter And Got These Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.