Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,732 members, 7,809,809 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally (26364 Views)

BREAKING: Uk’s Prime Minister Defies Obama, Makes Huge Announcement About Christ / The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by mabell: 8:11pm On Mar 16, 2010
Joagbaje:

@ Gunnaz007
I wonder what ganja smokers like this would have said about Jesus collecting money to run his own ministry.
sad

i'm sure they will do much worse than judas iscariot
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by omuaran: 8:33pm On Mar 16, 2010
Cpme ye all
Come to St. Bottles Cathedral, Sinners Chapel Campus

Ale wa
A fa'to wa
Opa eyin wa
Etun le testi e

E ma bo wa gbadun o

Eyin omo ti o dese ri
E ma bo wa gbadun ni St. Bottles Cathedral, Sinners Chapel Campus
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 8:40pm On Mar 16, 2010
InesQor:

^^^ Oga sir, we have been over this, and you are still yet to show us how Jesus collected money to run his own ministry.

The verse I quoted is self explanatory.

Luk 8:3 (GWT)
Joanna, whose husband Chusa was Herod's administrator; Susanna; and many other women. They provided financial support for Jesus and his disciples.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by raphy(m): 8:46pm On Mar 16, 2010
why cant they stop spoiling chrisat embassy name on the net its seems like they are trying to bring it down.
anyway @ joeagbaje it seems u r pastor n loveworld i v been to all d concert this year. some ppl cant get there brains check before thy post some shit. sad sad undecided am a member of christ embassy adelabu surilere group.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by mbaemeka(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2010
BEWARE OF DOGS! B EWARE OF MISCHIEF MAKERS!

I didn’t say it, merely voicing the thought of the spirit of God that says beware! Beware! Beware!

Isn’t it amazing that when a flyer, board or a notice is placed in front of a structure stating the “afore”, it doesn’t mean that the dogs (not referring to four legged creatures) and the mischief makers are outside the vicinity but inside? Right inside!, hmmmn. in other words, paul, by the leading of the spirit was warning the church to be circumspect of the dogs and evil workers in their own midst.
Phill 3:2
Beware of Dogs, beware of evil workers
……

So who are the dogs and how do we recognize them?
Simple, Jesus told us about them when he said we shouldn’t give what is holy to them. Its like saying don’t give them the “meat” of the word don’t tell them the secrets of the kingdom. Why? Because, in his own words “they’d trample over it and make a mess of it”.

I don’t know if anybody takes this seriously but I do because if you examine closely he creature he used in this analogy Jesus said a dog.

Why dog? Well as you may have already known dogs don’t do most things out of reason-they act on impulse. They’d eat the same stool their system rejected, they’d follow even a robber who came to operate in a house they were supposed to be guarding if the robber offers it a cheap meal, they’re shameless; seconds after washing a dogs body it would run back into the dirt, rolling and tumbling in the dirt- the same dirt that was painstakingly removed from its body by its owners and lastly (from personal experience) no matter how delicious and well prepared the food you give it is, a dog will always prefer food from trash cans, rancid milk, decomposed fish and other manner(s) of junk that will most definitely affect its well being.

Do you see the close relationship it has with some Christians…yes Christians?

When you give them the accurate teaching of the word of God (I mean from scripture and in its working) they reject it and say its “heretical.”
When you help transform their mind by the cleansing power of the word , they’d always want to go back to the junk they already knew. What they always thought was right.
They say they’re members of a church, yet they don’t agree with what is being taught there. “Then why do you remain there?” they don’t know. They’re dogs and mischief makers!

They love divisions and they love to pride themselves in it. Yet the bible says that the “the power of a people is their unity”, didn’t you read Gen 11:6

They’re the reasons for the rebel armies in many countries today. Their cause maybe just (rarely ever) but they go about airing their views in a way that causes divisions and striving. Sadly, they’re in the church; in our midst.

Take Judas for example, when Jesus was honored by a woman, he was offended (he wouldn’t give but he’d be offended when others give much-kunleoshob style. He wouldn’t listen to the message, yet he would try ever so often to bamboozle others with vituperative words. He stole from the treasury, he betrayed his master for money, we know where he ended…he was a dog and he was a mischievous person.

1thess 5 :12-13

The bible tells us to esteem our leaders very highly in love for their work sake. It didn’t say esteem them (which is already high enough) but it said esteem them “very highly” in love and to do it not because you like their face(s) or clothes but for their work sake, telling us that we would be at peace with ourselves when we do it.
Then in the following verse he said “warn those that are unruly” the word unruly there means those who “break ranks”; I mean those who deviate from the prescribed order-they have the Judas spirit.

Brothers and sisters there is a prescribed order of doing things don’t deviate from it. If a teaching was given and you find it difficult to understand, ask the leader above you, if he/she doesn’t understand it the both of you should move to the next leader above till you get the required answer. Don’t work against the scripture; follow the prescribed order. I urge you, don’t break the ranks; stop acting like a spiritual supervisor/ spiritual EFCC aka church “spy” (taking after the “I’v been there for six month” tag) if you don’t submit to authority, authority will never be given you.

Stop twisting the words of your leaders to create divisions and cast aspersions stop being divisive scripture calls you a dog and is telling us to beware of you.

Your attitude shows you were never one of us (like boy sir john) you only got in there to split hairs and cause a division to cause people to rebel against the scripture, to raise witches in the house of God, you don’t have the same spirit with us, you’re dangerous! Be careful bro don’t try to thread where even angels dread. Don’t kick against the stones.

Many have explained the reason for the questions you put up that’s why I didn’t bother going over it again but the spirit of God put this in my heart to post. There were many challenges but by his grace I always able to put this out.

Beware of dogs! Beware of mischievous people! Because they’re not outside the church but inside-right inside. Bless yall
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by newmi(m): 11:27pm On Mar 16, 2010
its a very big shame to still see people in this present age and time in the development of the human mind both secularlly and spiritually, openly display their ignorance not with the right attitude to satisfy their sincerely innocent curiosity but with an arrogant audacity of immeasurable folly. Anyway thats what you get when you leave the floor open for every tom, dick and harry to share their opinion thats the beauty of a social network.

Matthew 6:21 "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also". l mean no disrespect to gbanga but from all that he had said the writting on the wall is simple to interprete: you are not and have never been a member of christ embassy.

if you have come to accept the church of Christ for what she is being the pilar and ground of truth, there couldn't be any other treasure thats worth committing your heart to.

perhaps you should know this very important fact: the gospel is free but in to day's world its expensive and thats why we can't be small becoz the world must here this message of the gospel of Jesus according to pastor Chris
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by adconline(m): 7:23am On Mar 17, 2010
[b]Go and establish a church then discourage offerings and '5-star' treatment from your members ahn! Dont stay here flaunting your myopic credentials of spiritual truths.

And please tell us how we are going to save others without spending money for the gospel; i think this is selfishness gone on rampage.
Your point about spending flamboyantly for the gospel is illogical because without spending for the gospel people aint gonna be saved. The ancient missionaries travelled far and wide to preach the gospel; were they transported by the Holy Ghost or the brethren pulled resources together to enable these missionaries embark on their journeys

Giving and spending for the Gospel is one of the ways you demonstrate your love for GOD/CHRIST as a Christian, but not ALL of the way; And one is not under any obligation to give. You reap what you sow brother. So glue you money in your pocket but never discourage others from giving for the Gospel because that giving might just be the openning someone. SHALOM!!!!![/b]

Keep deceiving yourself. The widow who gave her smallest part was recognized because it came from her heart , but in Naija style, the highest donour is the highest winner of God's affection. God cannot and never be bought. The same way Jesus kicked folks out of the temple because of their pursuit of money is the same way your folks are acting. They over-emphasize money over salvation. Did you really think that if God were to choose between u  as the highest donor of ur church and Kanu Nwankwo who used his wealth to benefit others, that you will be chosen? To work is to pay. Faith without good work is in vain. It is illusory to think that forming a piggy bank for pastors and their wives in order to support that lavish lifestyle would lead us to salvation. fafa foul.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by muyiserra: 6:27pm On Mar 17, 2010
@AJogaje or whatever you call yourself, and al does that are in support of him u al are bunches of
agbayas!
Dudes remeber most of the prophets in the Bible, Elijah n co, they stay with someone that offer them
accomodation, and not try to get money from their follower to live in a five star hotel.

Moreover someone that's humble in heart wouldnt want to waste such money rather would want to use
it for the benefit of mankind!

You guys should go and read Titus 1-11, pastors teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
LIsten I was in a church in Barcelona and during the offering time, the pastor was like, nobody should make
offering with coin ( dats like 1euros,2euros n so on) and anybody that did god would bless him with coins dat
we should rather make our offering with paper money.
can you imagine that brat!

In these century pple are still saying that the devil spend billions finance things in the media, what an outdated way of thinking.
ask yourself if theose things are not in one way of the otehr profiting to you.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Gunnaz007: 6:49pm On Mar 17, 2010
adconline:

[color=#990000]
Keep deceiving yourself. The widow who gave her smallest part was recognized because it came from her heart , but in Naija style, the highest donour is the highest winner of God's affection. God cannot and never be bought. The same way Jesus kicked folks out of the temple because of their pursuit of money is the same way your folks are acting. They over-emphasize money over salvation. Did you really think that if God were to choose between u  as the highest donor of your church and Kanu Nwankwo who used his wealth to benefit others, that you will be chosen? To work is to pay. Faith without good work is in vain. It is illusory to think that forming a piggy bank for pastors and their wives in order to support that lavish lifestyle would lead us to salvation. fafa foul.

Chief Justice of the Federation, as far as you are concerned CEC is guilty as charged. But a quick word: Wait till we stand before the eternal Throne of the Living God to give account of our stewardship ahn!

Stop trying to hit the brick brother!! No one can stop committed members of CEC from their phronesis in giving. Not a million threads in virtual communities worldwide gonna stop em.

The story of the widow was a teaching in symbolism with respect to giving which must go hand-in-hand with faith. If a rich man's giving is mingled with faith just as the poor widow's giving was mingled with faith, then they both obtain the same rewards. Study the scriptures not only on the face-value because there are in these scriptures deep spiritual truths that can only be unveiled by the Holy Ghost if you are humble enough to let Him teach you.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Gunnaz007: 7:29pm On Mar 17, 2010
muyiserra:

@AJogaje or whatever you call yourself, and al does that are in support of him u al are bunches of
agbayas!
Dudes remeber most of the prophets in the Bible, Elijah n co, they stay with someone that offer them
accomodation, and not try to get money from their follower to live in a five star hotel.

Moreover someone that's humble in heart wouldnt want to waste such money rather would want to use
it for the benefit of mankind!

You guys should go and read Titus 1-11, pastors teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.
LIsten I was in a church in Barcelona and during the offering time, the pastor was like, nobody should make
offering with coin ( dats like 1euros,2euros n so on) and anybody that did god would bless him with coins dat
we should rather make our offering with paper money
can you imagine that brat!

In these century pple are still saying that the devil spend billions finance things in the media, what an outdated way of thinking.
ask yourself if theose things are not in one way of the otehr profiting to you.

The people quoting Titus 1:11 are simply blackmailers who have nothing to offer the body of Christ; Read also Titus 1:10 and you would see that he talked about 'rebellious people, talkers and deceivers, circumcision group,' then tell me were you fall. So because a pastor teaches about giving people sum it up that he is the man refered to in the book of Titus 1:11. what about his teachings on love, what about his teachings on faith, what about his teachings on salvation?
YOUR ASSUMPTION IS THE PROBLEM. YOU CHOSE WHICH SIDE OF THE COIN YOU WANT TO LOOK AT!!

On the first bolded text, the Pastor was even nice to break it down in lay man's language for his congregation cheesy cheesy:
Come on brother; God is not mocked, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly (Galatians 6:7). So go back and thank that Pastor for breaking it down for his congregation. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

On the second bolded text, if you are proffiting from the devil, i'm not!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by jessefly: 11:19am On Mar 18, 2010
all this offering that cec collects apart from their mega empire how have they put it to charity, helping those who actually need it, folks if u preach for a hungry man jus because he has tv or access to your books without giving him food dat he actually needs how will he listen or even be converted
cec should let us see wat these their offering does apart from it dancing to the tune they are playing
dat is why i love tb joshua at least his charity is unrivalled.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by SATANIDNTI: 11:31am On Mar 18, 2010
Nigeria is in par with Brazil where there is too much distortion of the Scriptures, what is done in Christ embassy and in many other churches of the kind is hardly scritpural
Some referred to Jesus Christ and Lazarus family , Please there is not correlation there for the gifts were VOLUNTARY
Jesus didnt ASK for it , He didnt BLACKMAIL then to it

The Churches are private empires Owned by Individuals and their families take over when they are gone . Why cant they model their church according to Paul's own tradition from Christ? Look an see how Paul how his travels and how it was financed.
Look at the spirit of these pastors and read what the Scriptures says of Paul spirit.
And those here defending these pastors when they quote the Bible you can see clearly a lack of understanding of the Spirit of the Bible . Letter kills without the spirit. God never sanctioned using worldy methods to work for Him so its bad theology to say look and see what satan is doing
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Ganjaseed: 1:22pm On Mar 18, 2010
It is clear from the way many of these church supporters rains insulting words in their defence, you do not demonstrate any character of the fruit of the holly spirit. If you react like this just for a Meer man of God, what of the word of God Himself that is being grossly abused and missused, this is what the Bible called "peddler of the gospel". The Bible warned us to be aware of these guys that they are everywhere preaching for their own pocket, using the word of God to devour your hard earn money in the name of God. If Jesus would say to these So called grate man of God on the last day "get thee behind me for i do not know you" be rest assured you will also get behind him too.

For your information, I am still fully ready to rebel more if by any means the word of God is at stake. The bible said "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" from what i have seen so far most of you who defend evil are still very much far from the truth, that's why they are still under bondage of these lies.

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Ganjaseed: 1:28pm On Mar 18, 2010
It is clear from the way many of these church supporters rains insulting words in their defence, you do not demonstrate any character of the fruit of the holly spirit. If you react like this just for a Meer man of God, what of the word of God Himself that is being grossly abused and missused, this is what the Bible called "peddler of the gospel". The Bible warned us to be aware of these guys that they are everywhere preaching for their own pocket, using the word of God to devour your hard earn money in the name of God. If Jesus would say to these So called grate man of God on the last day "get thee behind me for i do not know you" be rest assured you will also get behind him too.

For your information, I am still fully ready to rebel more if by any means the word of God is at stake. The bible said "ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" from what i have seen so far most of you who defend evil are still very much far from the truth, that's why they are still under bondage of these lies.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Gunnaz007: 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2010
jessefly:

all this offering that cec collects apart from their mega empire how have they put it to charity, helping those who actually need it, folks if u preach for a hungry man jus because he has tv or access to your books without giving him food dat he actually needs how will he listen or even be converted
cec should let us see wat these their offering does apart from it dancing to the tune they are playing
dat is why i love tb joshua at least his charity is unrivalled.

CEC does not need to announce her charitable deeds (thru her INNER CITY MISSIONS) to the world because that would not still change your view of her.

tb joshua publicising his charitable deeds has not changed the view of many of his critics!

A quick one: The last time I checked bill gates/warren buffet are into charity but they aint Christians, so does that make them heaven bound?

Publicising charitable deeds is mostly for the praises of men. And remember God doesnt apply the yardstick of men to assess our deeds.

You chose what you want to believe
Ganjaseed:

You are the one defending your EVIL act of coming to this forum to run a smear and slanderous campaign (and sowing ganja seeds of discord) against the church of Christ. What truth do you know? From your several posts you have displayed your shallow knowledge of the word of truth. The very fact that you cannot come over a simple request by a Pastor to give shows how spiritually immature you are.

Your claim was that you attended the church for six months (i bet you are lying), why didnt you walk up to the Pastor and air your displeasure with his modus operandi? Aint that cowardice with the resultant motive of slander which you have embarked upon in this forum? Go and pray God to uproot the spirit of slander/backbiting/gossip from you now that it is not too late ganjaseed! "what a name sad"
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by chinedumo(m): 7:04pm On Mar 18, 2010
Actually my LORD JESUS said when u give alms let not your right hand know what your left hand is doing. and again your FATHER who sees in secret will reward u openly.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Gunnaz007: 7:21pm On Mar 18, 2010
SATANIDNTI:

Nigeria is in par with Brazil where there is too much distortion of the Scriptures, what is done in Christ embassy and in many other churches of the kind is hardly scritpural
Some referred to Jesus Christ and Lazarus family , Please there is not correlation there for the gifts were VOLUNTARY
                                                                               Jesus didnt ASK for it , He didnt BLACKMAIL then to it

The Churches are private empires Owned by Individuals and their families take over when they are gone . Why cant they model their church according to Paul's own tradition from Christ? Look an see how Paul how his travels and how it was financed.
Look at the spirit of these pastors and read what the Scriptures says of Paul spirit.
And those here defending these pastors when they quote the Bible you can see clearly a lack of understanding of the Spirit of the Bible . Letter kills without the spirit. God never sanctioned using worldy methods to work for Him so its bad theology to say look and see what satan is doing

SATAN (if you are not satan please change your username; it's just a kind advise), are you also defending the body of Christ? Na wa oh!! Get behind me satan!!

So you that know how Paul travelled, are you so blind to see that we are living in different times. Was Paul preaching the gospel on television, radio, and the internet,? Was there air travel, trains, buses, cars in his time? Because this things were not there in the times of the apostles and were not also recorded in the scriptures, Pastors and other men of God that utilize these media and means to preach the gospel have gone unscriptural? YOUR BLIND ASSUMPTION IS THE PROBLEM!

If Paul were to live in our times, many of you making shallow references of him and his modus operandi in comparism to our present day men of God would have been in the front row of those calling for his head; opening threads in forums to attack him. Beware what you say against the Lord's annointed, for their transgressions (if any) are not yours to judge, they are the Lord's!!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Gaiyalo: 8:56am On Mar 19, 2010
@Ganjaseed - Were you part of "BLACK JEWS" in UNIBEN?
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Ganjaseed: 11:09am On Mar 19, 2010
@Gaiyalo: No my brother i studied in Holland
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by martinosi: 11:52am On Mar 19, 2010
If you are a member of Christ Embassy and
the only thing you know about the Bible is
Pastor Chris Teaching you have issues.

Their is an issue with Christ Embassy
that they only have Pastor Chris Books
in their Bookstore and no other Ministry

Nigerian Church Culture is built solely
on One Man Band/Pastor Knows all Mentality!!!

When you walk into most Big Penticostal Nigerian
churches there is an Air of "Self Awareness"
and "Suspicion" instead of Freedom and Openess

Its the same even in the uk and i not too sure
about USA, but Nigerian churches always have this
air of Suspicion of each other and Fear of Outsiders
ie Non Nigerians!!! and it starts from the Senior Pastor
to the members! lol!!!
Only a few Nigerian churches have been even able to
accommodate other african Members ie ghanians, kenyans etc
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 1:04pm On Mar 19, 2010
@Martinosi

If you have brought people in sound teachings, to know who they are in Christ and understanding their authority against the devil , will you allow a book that will teach them that sickness in the willl of God to keep us humble. Different ministers functions at different levels of understanding of truth. Some ministers are still feeding on milk like Peter and james, While some are cracking bones like Paul. Every man should face his congregation. It takes boldness and audacity to teach the hard truth that pastor Chris teaches and men of God all over the world from all races are learning from him. What some call heresy today in their ignorance will soon become popular belief. Religious people once fought agains wearing jewelries, trousers, handshake, even the use of musical instruments in churches expecially using " JAZZ DRUM" etc But gradually ,as light comes, darkness fade away. We will fully comprehend all truth some day, before the rapture.we will come to unity of faith.

Ephes. 4:13
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Enigma(m): 1:07pm On Mar 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

@Martinosi

If you have brought people in sound teachings, to know who they are in Christ and understanding their authority against the devil , will you allow a book that will teach them that sickness in the willl of God to keep us humble. Different ministers functions at different levels of understanding of truth. Some ministers are still feeding on milk like Peter and james, While some are cracking bones like Paul. Every man should face his congregation. It takes boldness and audacity to teach the hard truth that pastor Chris teaches and men of God all over the world from all races are learning from him. What some call heresy today in their ignorance will soon become popular belief. Religious people once fought agains wearing jewelries, trousers, handshake, even the use of musical instruments in churches expecially using " JAZZ DRUM" etc But gradually ,as light comes, darkness fade away. We will fully comprehend all truth some day, before the rapture.we will come to unity of faith.

Ephes. 4:13
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

Your "Pastor Chris" is simply a heretic leading people directly into the arms of satan. Keep deceiving yourself about "milk" and "bones" and denigrating Christ's own pillars like Peter and James.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 3:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
Enigma:

Your "Pastor Chris" is simply a heretic leading people directly into the arms of satan. Keep deceiving yourself about "milk" and "bones" and denigrating Christ's own pillars like Peter and James.

Dont just throw words and run. Come and explain for us about the heresy in a scriptural way.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Enigma(m): 4:02pm On Mar 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

Dont just throw words and run. Come and explain for us about the heresy in a scriptural way.

. . . after you tell us how the apostles repeat apostles Peter and James were/are still feeding on "milk".

A little lesson for you this morning (only we know you seem implacably opposed to thinking) ---- if Oyakhilome's doctrine differs from that of Peter and/or James, Oyakhilome is ipso facto a heretic!
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Joagbaje(m): 8:03pm On Mar 19, 2010
@ Enigma

Pls lets end this matter . I am sorry if you got offended . Maybe I need to work on my communication. But if you study the bible carefully you will see that Paul had deeper understanding than James and Peter. Study the verse bellow at your spare time.

2 Peter 3:15-16
And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved[b] brother Paul [/b] also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some[b] things hard to be understood[/b], which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Enigma(m): 8:37pm On Mar 19, 2010
Joagbaje:

@ Enigma

Pls lets end this matter . I am sorry if you got offended . Maybe I need to work on my communication. But if you study the bible carefully you will see that Paul had deeper understanding than James and Peter. Study the verse bellow  at your spare time.

2 Peter 3:15-16
    And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved[b] brother Paul [/b] also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; [16] As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some[b] things hard to be understood[/b], which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

OK I don't mind a truce --- but anytime you denigrate any of the apostles, your man will get it; any time you equate your man with any of the apostles he will get it; any time you equate him with Christ, he will get it; any time you equate him with "god" or for that matter God, he will get it.

Regarding the 2 Peter that you quoted, here is your second free lesson for today.

1. Yes, Peter said that Paul wrote things that were hard to be understood BUT Peter did not say that those things were hard for him (Peter) to understand.
2. Those who twisted Paul's "hard to understand" teachings were the unlearned and unstable (I'm refraining from naming examples)
3. Those unlearned and unstable also twisted the other scriptures; so the problem was not with Paul's writings but with those unlearned and unstable people

Now here comes my overriding point:

4. [size=14pt]Paul and Peter were in agreement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/size]

Read the whole chapter: Peter first reassured his audience of the Gospel and of the coming of the Lord. He then told them that "these things" which he (Peter) was talking about, his brother and fellow apostle Paul also wrote of in the wisdom given to him. (Yes, one might have expressed his writing pastorally and the other intellectually ---- they were both talking about "these things" --- the same thing and not that one was "feeding on milk and one chewing on bones" in your risible words!)

Here have this:

Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

14Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

15And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

16As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

17Ye therefore, beloved, seeing ye know these things before, beware lest ye also, being led away with the error of the wicked, fall from your own stedfastness.

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by mbaemeka(m): 10:36pm On Mar 19, 2010
when messages on "your seed and your destiny" "learning to prosper" "sons of consolation" where being taught some people where smoking ganjaseed grin grin, now coming with the by their fruits ye shall know them, bla bla, causing divisions, tell me, is it good fruit?
i still insist you were never a member to add to the fact that your not a prosperous person because a prosperous person has no problems giving.\

Beleievers Loveworld, " giving your life a meaning, all we know is a life of giving, love is shared abroad in our hearts"
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Biox: 10:41pm On Mar 19, 2010
Hey God beloved in you with high hopes don't let ignorance cheat you of it. Money in every job for increase even needs your money don't let the devil trick
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by newmi(m): 1:18am On Mar 20, 2010
Enigma:

what makes you so convinced such that you could boldly and openly declare that Pastor Chris is doing what you alleged that he's doing
well with your level of theology and spirituality you should be able to provide credible scripturally based evidence to back-up your convinctions.
at least we understand from scripture some of the vital things to look out for inorder to determine if a so called  "man-of-God" is actuallypreaching Christ or heressy like you alleged.

[i][b]1 John 4:1-3,vs 6 "¶ Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

vs ",  6 We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error"

1 cor 12:3 "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." {accursed: or, anathema}

2 pet 2:1 "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

1 John 2:21-23 :1 I have not written unto you because ye know not the truth, but because ye know it, and that no lie is of the truth.
22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

1 John 4:15 " Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God", you see my dear there are a numerable scriptures available to us thus arming us with all the necessary tools and mechinery in determining whether sure and sure

is a man-of God he or she claims to be.[/b][/i]and l think this might interest you to know l have not seen Pastor Chris fall short aof any of these and more rather he has been in the forefront of the those championing greater courses for the gospel of Jesus Christ in the nations of the world.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Biox: 1:29am On Mar 20, 2010
@enigma did you read where the bible said that see they shall see but not understand my friend that's what's happening to you. You better get your eyes washed. And get your tonge locked up. How do tell who is heretic.
Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Enigma(m): 1:30am On Mar 20, 2010
newmi:

what makes you so convinced such that you could boldly and openly declare that Pastor Chris is doing what you alleged that he's doing
well with your level of theology and spirituality you should be able to provide credible scripturally based evidence to back-up your convinctions.
at least we understand from scripture some of the vital things to look out for inorder to determine if a so called  "man-of-God" is actuallypreaching Christ or heressy like you alleged.

Joagbaje is a pastor in CEC, ask him as he should be able to tell you; otherwise search for quite a number of threads where we have debated him on his and CEC'S doctrine.

1 Like

Re: Its Like The Story About Christ Embassy Is Real Oh! Witnessed Personally by Enigma(m): 1:32am On Mar 20, 2010
Biox:

@enigma did you read where the bible said that see they shall see but not understand my friend that's what's happening to you. You better get your eyes washed. And get your tonge locked up. How do tell who is heretic.

Your problem is you worship and follow a mere man - Oyakhilome. When you learn to worship Jesus and to follow the teachings of Jesus and of his apostles --- you will recognise heresy and thus a heretic when you see it/him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Christian Music And Gospel Music: Understanding The Difference / Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts / Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.