Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,337 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? (33421 Views)

How Can He Peacefully End His Relationship With A Stupid And Stubborn Girl? / How Do I Peacefully End My Relationship With My Gf / Two-Month Relationship, My Worst Nightmare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by columbus007(m): 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2018
MrCork:

..Bro. .is yor mum lightskin? smiley
are you thinking of milf? wink
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Toks2008(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
xoxo001:
Just tell her your mom doesn't like her... It is not advisable to marry someone your mom doesn't like, no matter how much you love the person cos what an elder can see while sitting down you may not see it even when you climb a tree.

Any mother who refuses to discuss why she believes her son or daughter should not marry their choice should shush.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
pesinfada:
Oga marry som1 dat most of ur family members accept.,....not all but most

If u do otherwise ur children will suffer it.

in as much I support your opinion, but not in all case...my best advise to the OP is ask your mum for her reasons. If it's not sentimental and she refuse to... please be careful, you knew your mum more than anyone in this thread
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Badgers14: 11:11pm On Jul 27, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.

Before thinking about breakup... First ask your mother why she is against your relationship and then put 2 and 2 together.

I had similar experiences my self, I asked my mom and the response I got was not satisfactory , I proceeded with the marriage, she did come around after a while. As I type this message, she is here in my house talking to my wife and carrying our child just right now at this moment.

Always remember this, we all love our mothers but the bottom line is, we are the ones to stay married with our wives/husbands and not them.

Cheers!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Is she a Jedi? She feels it in her bones?
Sorry don’t subscribe to that malarkey!
She tells him straight up ..” I don’t like her because ....!”
These are the men who well into their late 40s remain unmarried because of the mother’s “intuition”

SOME PARENTS ARE THE WORST. MANY TIMES, IT PAYS TO DISRESPECT AND REJECT THEIR OPINION FULL-TIME. THAT THEY'RE YOUR PARENTS DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE SUPERNATURAL, OR WISER THAN THE LITTLE KIDS IN THE NEXT BLOCK.
THEY ARE IMPORTANT BECAUSE THEY BROUGHT US UP AND STUFF AND I FEEL THAT IT SHOULD END THERE SOMETIMES. BEING AN ADULT COMES WITH HAVING A MIND OF YOUR OWN, AND YOU MIGHT NEVER TRULY KNOW PROGRESS IF YOU KEEP SUBSCRIBING TO THE IDEAS OF YOUR PARENTS BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THEY'RE SPECIAL AND THEIR OPINIONS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Akpacha(m): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2018
LilSfc:

Thanks alot, thats what am thinking as well
pikin go and concentrate on ur study pls, or u are managing chicken feed salary some where? Pls go get better paying job, get home of ur own. Then ur mum wouldn't tell u whom to marry or not.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Jul 27, 2018
Listen to your mum if you have to, but make sure she tells you why she doesn't want you to marry the lady. That way, she won't have this mindset that you'd always do what she says. Those in love don't see some of the flaws in their prospective spouses, others do. If it happens in the future, who will you run to? Your mum, not the nairalanders calling you mummy's boy. At times, we may think we know it all, but those older people have gone through life and knows what's best for us.

Go talk with your mum, not nairalanders.

10 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Chinedumsimpero(m): 11:16pm On Jul 27, 2018
Try to make ur mum love her... Do everything possible..
Talk to ur sisters
Tell Dem everything
Dey will help
Take d girl to ur mum place
if the girl can endure ur mum character towards her
If she can b kind to ur mum
Let d girl be very close to ur sisters and brothers
Marry her but if not, d girl will decide
Mum is still d first sha
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:17pm On Jul 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SOME PARENTS ARE THE WORST. MANY TIMES, IT PAYS TO DISRESPECT AND REJECT THEIR OPINION FULL-TIME. THAT THEY'RE YOUR PARENTS DOESN'T MEAN THEY'RE SUPERNATURAL, OR WISER THAN THE LITTLE KIDS IN THE NEXT BLOCK.
THEY ARE IMPORTANT BECAUSE THEY BROUGHT US UP AND STUFF AND I FEEL THAT IT SHOULD END THERE SOMETIMES. BEING AN ADULT COMES WITH HAVING A MIND OF YOUR OWN, AND YOU MIGHT NEVER TRULY KNOW PROGRESS IF YOU KEEP SUBSCRIBING TO THE IDEAS OF YOUR PARENTS BECAUSE YOU BELIEVE THEY'RE SPECIAL AND THEIR OPINIONS ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT.

I pray you are not mislead, I guess you should be in your early 20's or just left teenage to sound this way. Guess you don't know what foresight means and value the wealth of experience. Never cast out ideas of the elders

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Chinedumsimpero(m): 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
Most marriage without mum happiness about it doesn't last or have less peace inside it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:18pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

in as much I support your opinion, but not in all case...my best advise to the OP is ask your mum for her reasons. If it's not sentimental and she refuse to... please be careful, you knew your mum more than anyone in this thread
NOTHING REASONABLE I'M SURE. MOST TIMES, MOTHERS ARE JUST JEALOUS AND UNHAPPY THAT THEIR BELOVED SON IS GONNA LOVE AND PLACE THIS NEW WOMAN ABOVE THEM. YOU KNOW, WOMEN PROBLEMS.
SOMETIMES THEY'D BE PRAYING YOUR MARRIAGE FAILS SO THEY CAN SAY "I TOLD YOU SO". THAT'S WHY MANY LADIES HAVE ISSUES WITH MOTHER-IN-LAWS BECAUSE OF UNNECESSARY HATRED AND ANGER.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by MissRaine69(f): 11:19pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

I already did, and I wish you well. But always remember this, and have it in mind someone tell you on NL there is evil and EVIL IS REAL. But in all God has superiority over all.
Evil is human
Not for legged or 6 legged
Horrible atrocities happened and continue to happen all in the hands of men ...where is God’s superiority then?
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Chinedumsimpero(m): 11:20pm On Jul 27, 2018
I love you u dear
kimbraa:
Listen to your mum if you have to, but make sure she tells you why she doesn't want you to marry the lady. That way, she won't have this mindset that you'd always do what she says. Those in love don't see some of the flaws in their prospective spouses, others do. If it happens in the future, who will you run to? Your mum, not the nairalanders calling you mummy's boy. At times, we may think we know it all, but those older people have gone through life and knows what's best for us.

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Pitokwe(m): 11:21pm On Jul 27, 2018
LilSfc:
There is this girl I met at my working place in the mid last year, we exchanged contact that day, and one thing led to the other and we started dating. We are really into each other and I can sense how much she care about me compared to other relationships I have been in the past.

But when my mum got to know about her, she said she's not in support with our relationship and she has never said such in my past relationship.

Please I want to seek advice from nairalanders on how I can peacefully end the relationship without hurting her feelings.

And how can I justify myself so that she won't have a bad impression about me (and men in general) that I just use her and dump her.

You are very stupid for coming here to seek for a useless advice.You have fuckedd the girl and want to drop her and you trying to tie it on your mother.Give your mother one thousand reason why u love her.

All this childish young men need to grow up.Is it your mother that will stay with her?

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:22pm On Jul 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

NOTHING REASONABLE I'M SURE. MOST TIMES, MOTHERS ARE JUST JEALOUS AND UNHAPPY THAT THEIR BELOVED SON IS GONNA LOVE AND PLACE THIS NEW WOMAN ABOVE THEM. YOU KNOW, WOMEN PROBLEMS.
SOMETIMES THEY'D BE PRAYING YOUR MARRIAGE FAILS SO THEY CAN SAY "I TOLD YOU SO". THAT'S WHY MANY LADIES HAVE ISSUES WITH MOTHER-IN-LAWS BECAUSE OF UNNECESSARY HATRED AND ANGER.

Well we have experience different sphere of life, I knew my mum she's not like this she's always happy and positive. I won't judge you for your perspective, but don't judge all mother with this perspective. That why I said the OP knew his mum more than me and you.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by tempest01(m): 11:24pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Your mind can easily become your prison
Free yourself

MissRaine in being free you wander into the unknown

1 Like

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by tonio2wo: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
LilSfc:

I already have a bad impression about you. Anyhow u want to do it, do! She will still feel hurt. It shows u never loved her cos if u do, u will make ur mum see from ur own perspective. And dont forget to marry ur mom when its don! angry
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:25pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

I pray you are not mislead, I guess you should be in your early 20's or just left teenage to sound this way. Guess you don't know what foresight means and value the wealth of experience. Never cast out ideas of the elders

SO BECAUSE THEY'RE ELDERS THEY MUST BE WISE?

STUPID TALK. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT 20'S SO I'M SURE YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE FOOLS THAT BELIEVE THEY'RE THE WISEST IN THE LAND BECAUSE OF THEIR AGE. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU UP TO MAN, MANY TIMES ADVICE FROM FRIENDS AND EVEN YOUNGER RELATIVES PAID MORE THAN THAT OF OLDER PEOPLE WITH THEIR ARCHAIC MENTALITY.
THE OLD PEOPLE IN MY FAM BELIEVE YOU DARE NOT MARRY OUTSIDE THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA. IS THAT SOME SHĮT I SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO BECAUSE THEY'RE OLDER AND "WISE" ?
THESE PEOPLE THINK I MUST MARRY A ROMAN CATHOLIC... TELL ME WHY I SHOULDN'T DISRESPECT THEM WHEN I'M NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS.
THE EARLIER YOU DEVELOP A MIND OF YOUR OWN, THE BETTER FOR YOU.

8 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:26pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Evil is human
Not for legged or 6 legged
Horrible atrocities happened and continue to happen all in the hands of men ...where is God’s superiority then?

My dear, I pray God open the eyes of your heart to see beyond this physical. The spiritual rules the physical that what I'm driving at, and this knowledge is too complex for the .......
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:29pm On Jul 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

STUPID TALK. YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT 20'S SO I'M SURE YOU'RE ONE OF THOSE FOOLS THAT BELIEVE THEY'RE THE WISEST IN THE LAND BECAUSE OF THEIR AGE. I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU UP TO MAN, MANY TIMES ADVICE FROM FRIENDS AND EVEN YOUNGER RELATIVES PAID MORE THAN THAT OF OLDER PEOPLE WITH THEIR ARCHAIC MENTALITY.
THE OLD PEOPLE IN MY FAM BELIEVE YOU DARE NOT MARRY OUTSIDE THE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA. IS THAT SOME SHĮT I SHOULD SUBSCRIBE TO BECAUSE THEY'RE OLDER AND "WISE" ?
THESE PEOPLE THINK I MUST MARRY A ROMAN CATHOLIC... TELL ME WHY I SHOULDN'T DISRESPECT THEM WHEN I'M NOT EVEN RELIGIOUS.

I didn't even point at being wise, Yoruba adage says "a child is wise an adult is wise, that how we build Ile-Ife" if you are familiar to that adage. But don't underestimate the wealth of experience my dear.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by MissRaine69(f): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
tempest01:

MissRaine in being free you wander into the unknown
Knowledge is freedom
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by MissRaine69(f): 11:30pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

My dear, I pray God open the eyes of your heart to see beyond this physical. The spiritual rules the physical that what I'm driving at, and this knowledge is too complex for the .......
Save your prayers.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by jaxxy(m): 11:31pm On Jul 27, 2018
LilSfc:

I believe parents are wiseor full of wisdom bt not all the time because they are human also. Now ur mum doesn't aprove fine bt did she give u an explanation for dat? I want to believe ur mum saw smtn ure not seeing bt she needs to explain it to u so u can learn or know if it a valid enough reason to end the relationship.

However if ur mum has all the say in ur relationship asin mama's boy(no disrespect) kindly let her know dat even tho u care and want the relationship ur mum doesn't seem approve of it and u can't possibly go against her wishes. She has to move on. If she over reacts to then ur mum was probably rite.

Ps: i wud like to add to a large extent u don't seem to be sure or knowledgeable enough to of what u want or else u won't change ur mind without a cogent reason.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

SORRY BUT YOUR GOD SHOULD OPEN THE EYES OF THE BLIND AND STRAIGHTEN THE LIMBS OF THE CRIPPLED.. I'M FINE.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

That same reason I'm not judging you, your perspective of life is way different because of your experience. They might lack insight in that part of life but not in all. That why we are grown ups and being able to analyse too.
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by teelord1(m): 11:34pm On Jul 27, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

SORRY BUT YOUR GOD SHOULD OPEN THE EYES OF THE BLIND AND STRAIGHTEN THE LIMBS OF THE CRIPPLED.. I'M FINE.

He has been doing that for ages. If you faith you can move mountains.
Do you support Raine also? There is nothing like spiritual realm...
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by nnaemekanwachuk(m): 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2018
Your mum should never chose for you. If her mother in-law has done this to her through your dad how will she feel?

Act like a man ask her questions...
Make her know you are a man and not a boy
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by CAPSLOCKED: 11:37pm On Jul 27, 2018
teelord1:

He has been doing that for ages. If you faith you can move mountains.
Do you support Raine also? There is nothing like spiritual realm...

THE FAITH OF ALL BELIEVERS ON EARTH PUT TOGETHER CAN'T MOVE A GRAIN OF SAND. BUT AN ANT CAN.
PLEASE DON'T INVOLVE ME IN YOUR RELIGIOUS NONSENSE CUS I'M NOT A BELIEVER.

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Jeferious: 11:38pm On Jul 27, 2018
kimbraa:

You're the only one here who made sense. The rest are too slow, while thinking they've got brains.

I can fight wars anywhere, but not near my home, not to talk of within my own family. It's stupid to start a quarrel with whom you have known from your birth because of someone you met days or months ago. It shows that something vital is missing in the cranium.

I understand why the girls are bashing him. They are a selfish lot and would want to mark their territory at the expense of anyone or anything. It is the men that I don't understand. I no go quarrel my enemy over woman, let alone my own mother. Though I must admit that the op's mum owe him some detailed explanation

5 Likes

Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
I’m about to report you to the mods now for calling different people b!tch smiley
MrCork:

..ok..so minica say u should say yor mum is lightskin. ..correct? ...anyways. . I love lightskin women...Bro . How tall is she? smiley
Re: How Can I Peacefully End A Relationship My Mother Does Not Support? by tempest01(m): 11:39pm On Jul 27, 2018
MissRaine69:

Knowledge is freedom

knowledge is deep...you can never be totally free then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

His Fiancee Aborted His Baby After His Death / He Deletes Me Everytime We Have Issues! / Which Statement Hurts The Most In A Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.