Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? (46010 Views)

My Fiancee Betrayed Me: Should I Go Ahead With The Marriage Plans? / NLC Strike Stops The Marriage Of Couple In Lagos / My Brother & His Fiancee Are Both AS, Yet He Wants To Go Ahead With The Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by Owen247: 10:34pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:
I have this girl I have been dating for 4 years and we are planning to get married to this year. But I notice she does not like to sacrifice. I mean, she is kind of selfish.

she is studying and i send her money aside the one the parent gives to her but if i request for a video call, she would ask me to send her data, if she comes to my house and i don't give her TP not minding that i gave her money some weeks/days back she would be angry.

Yesterday i booked a ticket for her to come to lagos from anambra, after booking she asked me to also send her some feeding money for the journey. I refused and asked her to take from the 20k I sent to her last 2 weeks, she then said " WHO PAYS FOR TP AND NOT GIVES FEEDING MONEY?  

Long story short, I had to cancel the ticket. I have constantly complained about her selfishness  but no improvement .

what should i do?
abeg where una dey see dis money.
My advice; dump her ass into d trash bin.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by Goldenheart(m): 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2021
Op will marry her..... I know what I am saying
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by Beze992(f): 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
Sunkyapogee:
Igbo are selfish people... She fit even kill you japa with your money.. Chidima never taught you lesson ba

Can you at least use good English while masturbating over ndigbo.
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by hedonido: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ode ni e. Awon lover boy nice guys.

There is nothing more irritating and annoying to me than a 'nice guy lover boy' with some cash. All nice guys lover boys should be dirt broke. Money in their hands only increases the number of entitled hoes around who move around expecting that every guy they meet should be an absolute idiot.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2021
pocohantas:

How do you identify a stingy girlfriend? cheesy

1. She asks you for credit every single time before she can call you.

2. She cannot take her own Uber to your destination without asking you to pay beforehand every single time.

3. She has never told you of buying gifts or helping any of her own friends financially, nor tell you about any gesture she does for other people in her life.

4. She has never bought anything for any of her previous BFs when you ask her.

5. While you are in the relationship itself, she never buys anything on your birthday but sends only a romantic text. Red flag.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by tradepunter: 10:39pm On Jul 10, 2021
dingbang:
I dey like this kyn nonsense . Bros you are too soft.

Too damn soft, why are men of this age like this?
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by IDERAWOLE(m): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:
I have this girl I have been dating for 4 years and we are planning to get married to this year. But I notice she does not like to sacrifice. I mean, she is kind of selfish.

she is studying and i send her money aside the one the parent gives to her but if i request for a video call, she would ask me to send her data, if she comes to my house and i don't give her TP not minding that i gave her money some weeks/days back she would be angry.

Yesterday i booked a ticket for her to come to lagos from anambra, after booking she asked me to also send her some feeding money for the journey. I refused and asked her to take from the 20k I sent to her last 2 weeks, she then said " WHO PAYS FOR TP AND NOT GIVES FEEDING MONEY?  

Long story short, I had to cancel the ticket. I have constantly complained about her selfishness  but no improvement .

what should i do?

Some stupid questions are all over this Nairaland!

Empty your bank account and give it to her sir!

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:42pm On Jul 10, 2021
If you can Kiev with that, then go ahead and marry her. No one can decide for you.
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by EndRape2(f): 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2021
[I think you are the one that is selfish here, a student, where do you want her to get money to sacrifice, expenses are much for students, assuming she is working or making money and you are saying this I will understand,
See you can not ask a student or sombody not working for money, now when you give her money ,like dash, let her know what and what it will be use for, so she do not spend the money for something else, and you start asking her to use it for something else.

Look she is a student,

If you give her 10k ,tell her how to spend it and what for, let her know she should reserve 2k for transport if she will be coming to your place cos you will not give her transport.

To me you are the selfish one here
Honestly , and not the lady , you think what selfish gigolos guys here are saying is healthy for a good relationship? Most of the guys here , collect money from women, and most are useless in a relationship,

If you book ticket, will she treak to your house? From airport?

Yes you gave her money last two weeks ,what if she has spend it, did you tell her the money will be use for transport to lagos.
She might have use it to buy some other things. 20k for ticket, then she will trek to your house,not considering if she has spend the money you gave her since.

Uncle just get out, with your question,you want to know if a lady that is not working is selfish, how will you. know nah

...quote author=Ekomatrix1 post=103569413]I have this girl I have been dating for 4 years and we are planning to get married to this year. But I notice she does not like to sacrifice. I mean, she is kind of selfish.

what should i do?[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by CavemanDefuturo: 10:50pm On Jul 10, 2021
You want waste 4 years investment because of Nairaland advice? Is there no other thing you like about her? Why concentrate on he weakness?
I wish you best of luck in getting someone better
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by izubext007: 10:53pm On Jul 10, 2021
Why I don't like Igbo girls. They claim to be wise to some one who truelove them and mumu to a playboy.
My advice to you now is to start playing the play boy things that is oviosue to her.
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by shakir0802: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?
. Bro's have encountered such girl before please drop her she doesn't love u

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by ednut1(m): 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2021
Marry her and die early
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jul 10, 2021
It is ultimately your decision to make.
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by MolarT(m): 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?

Make I no lie u..she no be wife material... But if u can overlook this stinginess then no p... She can't even feed her sef on a journey u booked for her..after sending money 2weeks before the day...

She may also have some complaints abt u, but because na u bring case we can't say...

Lastly, she may have someone that don't even give her shishi and she spends on right there in Anambra..
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by RandyX: 11:08pm On Jul 10, 2021
Wolexzy11:
I knew the reason why you don't wanna breakup with is she kind of beauty if not u should have breakup since

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by kingmurainah(m): 11:10pm On Jul 10, 2021
Curious345:
your thunder is comimg
Yeah, if I have any evil intentions
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by RandyX: 11:12pm On Jul 10, 2021
CharleyBright:
Nairaland is not where you should come to when you need good advise especially one that bothers on life time decision. Too many brainless teenagers who know next to nothing have flooded the forum. They will abuse you on top.

But if I should give you a candid advise, .... You better run for your dear life. That girl is not a wife material at all.
That is the type of wife that will starve the children because you didn't have money to give for food even if she has.
Just test her and see her true color by pretending you lost your job.
That will be end of the relationship. She is the No money no relationship type.

You have a very sensible advice there. But He can’t fake losing his job cos he still has to go to work. How does he explain his unavailability during working hours?
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by RandyX: 11:20pm On Jul 10, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by buzorcharles(m): 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Guys she will not change ooo. Speaking out of experience. Run oo though all of them carry their own baggage

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by phemmyfour: 11:29pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?
The handwriting on the wall is very clear, you are dating a typical hungry naija girl. I know that you don't want to wife a liability. She's not a wife material, forget about your investment on her in the last 4 yrs. A broken relationship is still better than a broken marriage

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by stmartins4: 11:30pm On Jul 10, 2021
With the way you guys are going... You will be paying her every time you want to make love to her after marriage.
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by 234GT(m): 11:31pm On Jul 10, 2021
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?

Rule 1, never date a student.

1 Like

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by smeag0l(m): 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2021
OP , you really need to find out why she does this. In my small life on earth I've discovered that girls that grow up in towns with high unemployment rates and low industrialization and the ones that grow up in villages are usually the most financially demanding. This is not their fault, though. It comes from their upbringing. Watching their father provide everything for their mum who almost always is a housewife. So they grow up with this mentality that a man is always supposed to provide financially for every need of the woman and it triggers them to even demand more when they find a man that is either financially capable or portrays himself to be. You will never see a lagos babe behaving like this unless she's an Olosho.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by AdTimmy: 11:33pm On Jul 10, 2021
Some females, just have this shameful entitlement mentality

Click my signature if you are interested in earning $200 worth of litecoin every week
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by afribabe: 11:47pm On Jul 10, 2021
Beloved3:

Check OP's profile and read his previous thread topic. Perhaps that explains why he held on that long.
So that she will not run away with his destiny ni. Lol
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by L360: 11:56pm On Jul 10, 2021
Run 4 ur lyf bro....
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by L360: 11:59pm On Jul 10, 2021
Run 4 ur lyf bro....
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by RandyX: 12:00am On Jul 11, 2021
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by InvertedHammer: 12:03am On Jul 11, 2021
Ekomatrix1:

what should i do?
/
I believe she love you.

That's why she is helping you spend your money since you don't seem to know anything productive to do with it in this Buhari times. She is a rare gem.

/

2 Likes

Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by rexxi(m): 12:10am On Jul 11, 2021
Nigga dump the bitch shocked shocked
Re: Should I Go On With The Marriage Preparation? by purples25(f): 12:14am On Jul 11, 2021
If a woman dares complain of a man being stingy like this before marriage, that he doesn't help her in any way, is it a red flag....

She will be labelled a gold digger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Wife Calls Out Her Husband's Mistress On Facebook (Photo) / My Experience With A Male Gold Digger / British Mother Of 9 Converts To Islam To Marry Her Young Gambian Lover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.