Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,214 members, 7,867,523 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 05:44 PM

12inchess's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12inchess's Profile / 12inchess's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 39 pages)

Family / Re: What Happens To The Babies Born In Baby Factories by 12inchess: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2022
Adoption needs to be made easier. And travelling with legally adopted babies need to be facilitated for Nigerians especially since the govt has made every Nigerian person want to japa nowaddays. What are Nigerian lawmakers doing sef getting paid to do nothing. Angelina Jolie and American could travel out to America with an African baby but somehow, a Nigerian, living in Nigeria cannot travel out to America with a legally adopted Nigerian baby. This is absurd.

2 Likes

Crime / Re: Nigeria's Opioid Crisis: Drug Smuggling, Trading, Abuse & Corruption (Video) by 12inchess: 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2022
Which yeye addiction. The West like to project their problems and fears on Africans. The greater problem is that many Nigerians cannot afford three square meals. Na person wey don chop belle full go dey do hard drugs. Nigerians also just dont have a culture of taking drugs. Even to smoke ordinary cigar pple in Nigeria go dey shame dey hide do am. Make Dem explain how they got the 5 million addicts in Nigeria. Na lie. Na owambe and shayo and at most igbo Nigerian man go spend his money on. The igbo that was illegal and used to put many black men in prison in America is now been profited on by investors. It's just not right.

1 Like

Crime / Re: Nigerian Wanted By FBI For Defrauding New York State Of More Than $30 Million by 12inchess: 10:34pm On Sep 10, 2022
Crime / Re: Nigerian Wanted By FBI For Defrauding New York State Of More Than $30 Million by 12inchess: 10:30pm On Sep 10, 2022
Na wa oooo. A whole 30 million dollars. Me I no understand this kind scam oooo.

2 Likes

Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 6:35pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

I know him as far as I was living with them.

I thought you said you are going? undecided

i dont care about your parents. In fact I would never talk about my own parents. If you don't have a husband or have never had one t then I have no discussion with you.

1 Like 1 Share

Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Is he not a Nigerian man? If you can bring in my husband, why can’t I ask about your father? If you ask about mine, I will answer you. He didn’t fck around, let alone with prostitutes.
"Didnt" or "does not". Let be very clear here
Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 6:16pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

So did your father go about having anal sex with prostitutes? Did he spend hundreds of Naira fulfilling his sexual fantasies? Imagine if he brought all this money home, rather than spending it outside.

Or maybe your father is one of the different Nigerian men. As usual… grin

I don't know why you brought my father into this. I know you're trying to be rude so I won't pay you any attention. I asked a specific question about you and not your father. This is where the discussion ends for me.

3 Likes 1 Share

Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 6:07pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

How did I insult you? I am also trying to understand the family you came from. Is it your upbringing that made you think all men cheat and Bleep prostitutes?

Please factor in your upbringing and comment accordingly. kiss

Not all men cheat (avoid generalizations) but trust me A LOT do at some point in Nigeria. Come on! Everyone knows this. If most families with cheating husbands broke up, which family will remain complete with husband and wife? I mean, live in denial all you want, but we mostly know the truth about this. I even suspect that your............... grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 6:01pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Is this about a cheating man or a man on wild sexual escapades? Did your father go about having anal sex with prostitutes? Did your mother leave him?

Something is wrong with your head.
You resorted to insults whereas you never answered the straight questions I asked you. I'm trying to understand where you're coming from but I surely hit a nerve for you to respond with so much anger. grin

Have a nice life. I'm out.

3 Likes 1 Share

Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 5:21pm On Jan 16, 2022
pocohantas:

Marry a woman that is open to anal. You refused to marry her and came for me?

And why did you assume I am one of you hypocritical Nigerian christians? I resemble anybody for your church? God forbid I marry a religious Nigerian man!!!

Do you live in Nigeria? Are you married? Has your husband ever cheated? Are you still with him? Please answer these questions before you continue ?
Family / Re: Help My Husband Seems To Be Addicted To Prostitutes! by 12inchess: 4:25pm On Jan 16, 2022
To be honest I left nairaland. But this thread just made me come back briefly to drop my 2 cents. After which I will go off my account again and just observe. But I have seen a lot of women here saying, divorce him, bla bla bla bla. Please ask them if they have divorced their own cheating husbands. Don't let anyone push you into what you may not like eventually. This is what is ruining the African American society. Any small thing, divorce him. As fine as Beyonce is and as "ugly" as Jay Z is, he still cheated on Beyonce and there were people that were mad that she didnt divorce him. But she has shown to be very wise. Do you know who benefits in such a high profile divorce in the west. It's not the wife or the husband or the kids. It's divorce lawyers.

Now let me be real with you. If Jay Z can cheat on Beyonce (recognized as one the sexiest ladies in the world), trust me as much as you feel inadequate, he didnt cheat only because of how you look. But also trust me, you may have also let your outlook and dressing become sloppy. This is very common among Nigerian women. Once they get married, even to do the bearest minimum and keep looking trending they won't do it. No campaign after election right? Your husband has fantasies. Have you been fulling them? Do you ask him about them? Or do you just go to church every Sunday to kiss your pastor's ass. The same way women want a husband that provides for them and take cares of them is the same way men want men that maintain their beauty,stay fashionable or atleast try (everything shouldn't be about taking care of your baby). But many Nigerian women don't even try except they are going to church or to work which makes me feel they are more interested in attracting people in those places than their partner at home. The summary here is you need to do more! You're the one at home that he sees everyday. You have home advantage. I'm telling you that if you do what you need to do and FERVENTLY, he won't even HAVE TIME to think about one lady outside. Although I accept that there are some bastard husbands grin

Now to the man. I'm going to say this even though I will get smoked by some bitter females. Biologically men are polygamous by nature and even as seen from prev African culture. But still, in this dispensation, we agreed to one man one wife even though sometimes that is highly unrealistic but agreement is agreement. Prostitutes can bring STDs although this man appears disciplined enough to use protection (P.S: He brought you from Nigeria to Canada when other men based there won't even do that. He must have found you very attractive to do that.). Prostitutes also cost money. You can shock him by saying you will leave him. I'm sure he will change for a while but he will still go back because the root problem has not been solved. A plain discussion has to be had between husband and wife here. He needs to tell you what those prostitutes are doing. The one you can agree to do or learn the wife will do. If you can't do Anal then he will have to live without it. But it's obvious that there is no excitement in the bedroom and he is getting the excitement from elsewhere since he can now afford it. To him the money is nothing. He probably makes enough to afford it. But tell him you'd do most of it for free and keep the money in the family. Talk to him! After all, you married him. Marriage is not just about popping out babies and wearing anko. The problem is that in Nigeria as a young guy when we were broke we were getting no girls, no sex but now that you start making money and then you see all these girls you could never get some years ago throwing themselves at you, you could easily get tempted! I'm married and I'm a man and I know this.

Don't even think about divorce! At least not in Canada. I promise you, you will have yourself to blame for it. The lawyers and sharks are sitting at the sidelines waiting for everything to scatter so they can cash out. Visitation rights, legal restraints, and all that sh.i.t. Better just come back home jejely and divorce yourself in Naija if that is what you want to do. But who does divorce really benefit? Except there is a case of abuse or violence I will never recommend divorce. Smart black people in the west are beginning to see that divorce doesn't benefit them. Another example is Kevin Hart.

Summary: Do your own part. Improve your attractiveness. Work through your issues. Ask about his sexual preferences. Give him logical reasons how he will save money if you're the one fulfilling them. Chastise him. Don't bring in divorce yet. If you divorce him today all these bitter ladies will still be the first to marry him when they turn 34. Some are even saying you should report him to the Police? Like seriously? How does that benefit you, him or your kids? This is absolutely stupid.

Final PS: Anything una wan talk about this my post make una talk. I won't reply although I will be reading and following this thread.

4 Likes

Politics / Re: Military Bombard Bandits In North-West, North-Central Forests by 12inchess: 12:13pm On Jun 16, 2021
How terrorists have been remixed to herdsmen and now bandits. No more news of Boko Haram since they have been technically defeated so we can conclude that Boko haram is the same as Bandits.
Literature / Re: My Feud With Akwaeke Emezi - Chimamanda Adichie Tells Her Side Of The Story by 12inchess: 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2021
themonk:

Lalasticlala did you see any single place in the write-up that Chimamanda mentioned Akwaeke’s name?

You guys need to be careful with reporting, even though we know she is probably talking about her, headlines like this open up Nairaland to a lawsuit. Chimamanda intentionally removed the name of the person she is addressing while your headline suggests otherwise.

Seun Mynd44

She is the one. Akwa eke is the one. Everyone knows it.

But to be honest I don't even give a shit about her write up. I wasted my time reading it. Why didn't she just set the record straight and keep quiet? Why all these stories?
Celebrities / Re: Burna Boy Performs Fela's Song On His Grandpa's 85th Birthday by 12inchess: 1:14pm On Jun 14, 2021
Realestatevixen:
Respect!!!..

It was only recently my hubby just told me his mum was a dancer for Fela. Apple does not fall far from its tree
I don't know why people keep revolving this fake news when Burna's mum has said it on several interviews that she never knew Fela personally talk less of being his dancer when he was alive.
Politics / Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by 12inchess: 10:55pm On Jun 12, 2021
By now you will be a fool to think Buhari has anything to offer. Even if he is president for 50 years. Nigeria will get progressively worse in every important metric during that time period. Since there is no way in or democracy to remove a president, he should just do his 2 years and go. And not one day extra. What a useless president. To think this was the man many thought will bring the much needed change is a disappointment.
Politics / Re: Buhari: I Told Sanwo-Olu To Tell Lagosians To Walk After Buses Were Burnt by 12inchess: 8:30pm On Jun 12, 2021
stalwart123:
grin
Buhari is a wicked tribalist and hypocrite. When his Fulani brothers are creating havoc all over the country he will always find excuses for them I. E His cousins and herders who are Nigeriens. They will create all sort of programs for them. Build rail to their second home in Niger. And grantn terrorist herds men amnesty. But when it comes to dealing with the south he will act like it's not his business. It's evident that the man has a bitter heart that he has kept since they removed him in 1983. But this time around he is smart enuff to know how to manipulate the democratic system so that no Coup happens. He has nothing to offer a Nigeria other than sorrow, tears and n bad.

1 Like

Politics / Re: FG: Twitter Is Showing Little Enthusiasm Toward The Dialogue It Initiated by 12inchess: 9:10pm On Jun 11, 2021
Yeye. Twitter doesnt give two bleeps about Nigeria. Twitter is worth more than the whole Nigeria.

My stock in twitter has risen by 16% in one month. I have made almost 500 dollars just in one month. While the X million naira I have in Nigeria loses value and get devaluated daily while Aboki is making money off selling dollars and doing nothing. Abeg Make Lai Mohhammed go and sit down. Buhari's govt is still working on Pentium when the world is using i11 processor and AWS cloud computing.

The best decision I made in recent years so far is to Japa.

1 Share

Politics / Re: Democracy Day: FG Declares Monday Public Holiday, Warns Against Agitations by 12inchess: 5:39pm On Jun 10, 2021
Protest is part of democracy. You want to be enjoying your position without any opposition then please go back to military rule. People have the right to protest and its your responsibility as an elected official to make sure its done peacefully.
Politics / Re: President Buhari will Commission Brand New Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line tomorrow!!! by 12inchess: 2:23am On Jun 10, 2021
"Presidency" abi shey na President, if e sure for you, carry this news to Twitter.
Politics / Re: 2023: Nigerians In Diaspora Endorse Yahaya Bello, Set Up Office In Germany by 12inchess: 9:45pm On Jun 06, 2021
We have reached an era in mankind where rather than advertise yourself in TV its better for you to pay a couple of hopeless souls to sing your praise. Nigerians in the Diaspora my ass. I'm in the Diaspora and I've never heard of them. Anybody can now form a group collect bribe from a Politician and start talking smack. Anyway I'm not from Nigeria. I'm from UAR sad angry
Politics / Re: Britain Warns Twitter & Facebook To Regulate Their Sites Content by 12inchess: 9:39pm On Jun 06, 2021
This is why I left Nairaland. It's infected with BMC. This person created a profile today. And somehow manages to get a very sensitive topic to the Frontpage. I've been on Nairaland since 2006 and I've never hit frontpage. If there is any social media site that needs monitoring, it's Nairaland. Seun doesn't care about the site anymore I guess.
Romance / Re: Upcoming Wedding Palava by 12inchess: 3:08am On May 19, 2021
Annoms:
I'll try to make this short.

Yesterday I was having a conversation with my fiancée about my mum's suggestion about how to go about our wedding which is scheduled to take place Jan next year. My mum suggested that we do both trad and white wedding on the same day to cut cost. She opined that we do the white wedding in the morning and hold the traditional marriage as a reception in the afternoon. I pretty much see reasons from her perspective considering the harsh economic condition in Nigeria.

I was relating this to my fiancée yesterday in a phone call, when she flared up and said I should have consulted her to seek her opinion on this marriage arrangement before going to my family to seek theirs because I said my mum's advise seems okay.

What I deduce from her plight was that she wants the trad marriage at the village (south-east) while the white at the town where we base (South-West). That was what I initially wanted but due to high inflation in the land, I'm actually tilting towards my mum advise because I can't go bankruptcy just because I want to satisfy her. Why not use a stone to kill two birds?

She wants a cream-de-la-cream kind of wedding but she's not ready to assist financially to make that happen. (she's an awaiting corper)

I told her that the cost of transportation and lodging people from the village (hers and mine) to the city for our white marriage alone is gulping about 500/600k. That's transportation & lodging alone ooo.. I'll now spend if not x2 of what I spent on trad for white.. Why not just do everything in the village and move on with our lives? We can actually have it in the village and it will still be all nice and glamourous.

She said she wants to have a say in how her marriage will look like. Her imput is welcomed. But if she still insist on having the white wedding and not putting finances into consideration. I'm thinking that she want the white wedding on the city because of her friends who will attend which is not enough reason to go bankruptcy for.

It was a heated argument yesterday. We both went to bed angrily and not in talking terms till now

Pls advice accordingly. Thanks

You better don't waste all your money or give yourself hypertension because of one wedding ceremony. Your mum is the right one here. I wonder how fiancee that is not dropping money is now dictating how much money should be spent on the wedding. Except her daddy is Otedola, and is bringing funds for the wedding she better keep silent
Business / Re: China Bans Financial Institutions From All Cryptocurrency Business by 12inchess: 3:00am On May 19, 2021
AmgrayLogistics:
grin cheesy
Crypto business is unpredictable and it's not good to be counted as an asset

Amgray Logistics
I see cryptocurrency as a form of currency like FIAT but U.S govt treats it's like property and taxes just trading it. This is unfair and unreasonable. You don't get taxed from just changing one currency to another. This is why to me trading Crypto in places that have such laws is quite stupid.
Politics / Re: Sunday Igboho Mocks Pastor Adeboye After Son’s Death [VIDEO] by 12inchess: 3:35pm On May 09, 2021
GeeX:

He just outdid himself... I am a Yoruba man, but this has gotten to another level, Sunday Igboho just shot himself in the foot.

Baba Adeboye isn't someone you will insult or ridicule and go scot free. Every Christian in Yoruba land is by extension, a child to Baba Adeboye and we say NO to this!

I know my own parents that sent me to school. If Pastor Adeboye is your own father, then good for you. But for me, I know where my own father is.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: A Pastor Bailed Boko Haram Founder, Yusuf 3 Times: Sultan's NSCIA by 12inchess: 7:03pm On Apr 26, 2021
Whether pastor or Imam oooo. The time to split this country is ripe. Let everybody go their way. Atleast now we know who this one is working for. The only thing how this our potential "feudal leaders" know how to do is create division. Nothing to add to the country. Just division and born battalion of children. Picture about Nigeria is now clear to many of us. Both CAN ooo and MURIC ooo, Sultan ooo, Ooni ooo are all playing for the same team.

APC= PDP = Third force ( that may be created)
Politics / Re: Feminist Coalition Accused Of Withdrawing $51,000 From #EndSARS Donations Wallet by 12inchess: 12:22am On Mar 13, 2021
tonididdy:

Where is that idiot who attacked me when I said Africans are genetically evil.

I've officially left nairaland. But I'd come back because of just to say this. It's your grandmother that must genetically evil.
Nairaland / General / Bye! Nairaland. by 12inchess: 5:39pm On Mar 12, 2021
I'm officially leaving Nairaland. I really can't handle or compartmentalize being on both NL and Twitter at the same time so I have to pick one. Thanks to Seun for giving me the opportunity to vent and discuss with a lot of intelligent folk here. And my nairaland heroes "born2fuc. k" and "lefulefu" Respect.

I've been on Nairaland since the beginning i think around 2005 or 2006 as a registered user with a diff name so leaving is a bit......

To the developers of this site and Seun. Perhaps it's time to think about how the site operates and revise. Maybe an App?

To those that want to keep listening to my rantings. Follow me on Twitter @yoghurthag. My Twitter name is 12inch33s.

Peace Out ✌️
Politics / Re: Osinbajo: Healthcare May Become Fastest Growing Sector In Nigerian Economy by 12inchess: 1:37pm On Mar 12, 2021
The rate at which Nigeria loses Drs to abroad. That is the real problem. So many UCH or LUTH trained now working for the benefit of the U. K. TO think of it. Education in Nigeria is very subsidized. So Drs are being trained for the benefit of other countries. But I won't blame them. Who wants to live in a country like Nigeria. No light and petrol just turned 213. Me sef I don japa.
Jobs/Vacancies / Re: UK Has Stopped The Recruitment Of Doctors And Nurses From Nigeria And 46 Others by 12inchess: 1:33pm On Mar 12, 2021
tonididdy:
... Who knows the level of attrocirites the African health workers are committing already.

Dem fit Don dey thief medicine or do illegal abortions and delivery.

It's the African man... He's genetically evil

You're very St. upid. It is you and your family that is genetically evil. Is it Africans that dropped nuclear bomb in Hiroshima. Or is it Africans that carried out the slave trade or Holocaust?
Education / Re: UI, LASU, UNILAG Ranked Among Top 800 World Universities By Times Higher (THE) by 12inchess: 3:04pm On Mar 11, 2021
We4all:
UI first class graduates that can't communicate well in English. Could it be that English isn't their mode of communication or they write their exams in Yoruba language?

Knowing English means nothing. A student that studies Maths can get 1st Class and still be very bad in English. If your school is not on the list, that doesn't mean it's not good as those schools but I believe the school management needs to submit the school for evaluation. And I consider the Times Higher Education List to be "Grammy" or "Emmy" awards of schools. So their list is fairly sound.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Olusegun Osoba Takes COVID-19 Vaccine by 12inchess: 1:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Lush100:

Very good sir,
Pls just convince all present and past governors and political job holders to be taking the vaccine.
We like ur movies but we the Nigerian populace are okay.
After all, we never benefitted from ur government, so keep the vaccines within ur circle.
We the Nigerian populace, our focus is how to make end meet so we can put food on our table.
You can take another round of the vaccine next week if that one you have taken is not okay for you. U may send the pictures we will clap for you wherever we are.
"We are no want"
So typing trash. The vaccine is scientifically proven to reduce incidence of Covid. For now it's the best the world as got. If you have elderly parents it would be good they took the vaccine since they are very vulnerable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (of 39 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.