Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,215 members, 7,867,540 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 06:03 PM

12inchess's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 12inchess's Profile / 12inchess's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 39 pages)

Politics / Re: Olusegun Osoba Takes COVID-19 Vaccine by 12inchess: 1:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
You people that will be supporting this useless leaders. You see that they are not vaccinating out elderly parents. They are only vaccinating themselves after classifying themselves as strategic leaders. Even the I. G of Police will get the vaccine but the rest of the policemen and police women who are on the street 24/7, no vaccine for them. How many essential workers have gotten the vaccine?
Politics / Re: I Am Not A Criminal - Iskilu Wakili Breaks Silence by 12inchess: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2021
The man even said with his own mouth that he knows his many cattle stray into other people's farm at times to forage on farmers' crops. Naija na cruise abeg. grin grin grin

So if this is not a crime, then what is?

Na OPC Bleep up sha. After they caught this man, they should have hung him or put tire on his neck just like the wild wild west rather than handing him over to the police.
Celebrities / Re: Simi: Music Industry Pits Women Against One Another by 12inchess: 9:30pm On Mar 06, 2021
Ayrastarr:

Sorry, why did you mention me?
I was talking about Ayrastarr the artiste. Not Ayrastarr the hoodlum angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Business / Re: CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances by 12inchess: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2021
netmillionaires:
Very useless government. This is what happens when you keep bringing forth useless policies. They have realize that people like me have cease to remit forex.

I stopped remitting my money the moment they stamped the $100 withdrawal limit on foreign transactions. I realized that this government can destroy the country one day with their corruption, nepotism and quota system, and then come around to say Nigerians are only entitled to #100k of their money even when you have #2b in your account while government use the remaining to rejig the economy. The funny part is that the resolution will only apply to the masses while they continue to use theirs to cater for their families.

My brother na then me too I stopped trusting this govt ooo. CBN no know say people wey dey work for diaspora dey make dollars don't trust them.

5 Naira kill them there.

It's that 100 dollar limit that opened our eyes. They don't really give a shit about us. Now they want us to be remitting them dollars.

Make them go sell oil naa. Shebi Dangote will soon complete his forex subsidized refinery. Make dem collect the dollars from him.

1 Like

Business / Re: CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances by 12inchess: 5:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
studentofTruth:

I agree with you. If truly the banks are doing the giveaway at #5 per $, with $20,000, someone is in a profitable to-and-fro business.

International transfers cost about $30 per transfer, so to and fro is $60 — let's say $70 (assuming any other charges). Every inflow of $20,000 gives you #100k from CBN, while your expenses is only $70 (#30-35k). You're in #65k profit per full trip!

Invariably, these dumb fellows, through this dumb policy, have created another means for their folks to milk the country more!

Even $10k can give you more than #30k per full trip.

Smart man. They have created a successful strategy for some bankers to round trip. Only people with "access" can be involved in this and CBN is essentially given them a loophole to do this. Probably this may already be going on given our dual exchange rates. But hustlers like me wont drop one dollar because additional 5 naira. Naira that before you open and close your eyes again the 5 naira has become 2 Naira. What if after May CBN devalues the naira again which is consistent in their ways. Then the additional 5 naira you made on your dollar will be how much?

1 Like

Business / Re: CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances by 12inchess: 4:42pm On Mar 06, 2021
Pesuzok:

You will collect your $2,500 in cash and an extra NGN12,500 CBN promo

Oh I see. Essentially the CBN is trying to attract all our dollars into Nigerian banks. So for someone that has a lot of money stored as dollars already, do you think this scam is enough for me to risk sending my dollars to Nigerian banks. After people have sent all the dollars finish, they will now change the policy and say you can only withdraw the money out as Naira. Just like was done in Venezuela.

Awon olofo grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Business / Re: CBN Introduces ‘Naira 4 Dollar Scheme’ For Diaspora Remittances by 12inchess: 4:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
Hahaha. The worst thing to keep now is the naira. If you invest your naira as stock or shares, or even as treasury bills, it will get devalued before you cash out your profits. So what is the point. Its better to kuku find a way to convert all your naira to dollars or crypto and leave it in the Chase bank or put it under your pillow and be staring at it.

CBN knows the right thing to do all this while but they won't. If they had devalued the naira to close to market rate and didnt give "special rate" to Dangote and his other cronies, all in the name of CBN rate, all this won't have been needed.

They think say we people wey dey work for inside cold for Yankee say we be mumu abi.

Your 5 naira kill you there.

4 Likes 1 Share

Celebrities / Re: Simi: Music Industry Pits Women Against One Another by 12inchess: 8:33pm On Mar 05, 2021
Do you know Simi has a record label? How many young female artiste's has she signed. Even Tiwa Savage rather than start her own record label and sign young female artiste like herself, she went to sign with Universal. By now someone as big as Tiwa shouldn't be under any record label. If she was male I assure you that she will be a record label owner. I can go on and on Yemi Alade nko, how many artiste she sign? Later they will say women supporting women but they are not willing to do what their male counterparts are doing. Dem no wan hustle or take intiative. Look at Dj cuppy sef too. Upon all the money her papa get and access to funds, rather than start record label that will be signing artistes like her that her female, she wants to do Masters in African Studies. She and Davido wey get 30 BG shey dem no be the same set everythingwise ? You know how many artiste's Davido don sign since he start 30 BG and DMW. Na Davido go still sign Liya when Tiwa dey. Na Don Jazzy go sign AyraStarr. Later Nigerian female artiste go sit down there dey complain. But all the big gods wey they finance their lifestyle in Nollywood while thy male counterparts are broke etc. dem no go talk about that one.

If you sing good song whether you be man or woman, people go jam your song. Na the one wey I know be that.

Anyway the future is female what do I know angry angry angry angry

13 Likes 4 Shares

Celebrities / Re: DJ Cuppy Gains Admission Into Oxford University For Masters (Photos, Video) by 12inchess: 5:16pm On Mar 05, 2021
I can agree that she is very lucky. When someone has a lot of money and money is not a problem, that is when stupid ideas start coming to your head like getting a Masters in African Studies when your primary work is DJ or entertainer.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Another Monopoly: Dangote's Troubling Petroleum Industry Bill Proposal by 12inchess: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2021
Na so Dangote they do ooo. Last last na still Atlanta and Florida babes go dey chop him money. It's crazy that you will monopolize oil Refinery to a monopoly.
Politics / Re: Sanwo-Olu Commissions Newly Upgraded Glover Memoriall Hall by 12inchess: 4:35am On Mar 04, 2021

1 Like

Romance / Re: 8 Years Of Relationship And Not Even A Proposal From My Boyfriend by 12inchess: 6:24pm On Mar 03, 2021
I know a couple that dated over 12 years and since secondary school and married and had a kid last year. Everyone was always yabbing the lady and calling her lord of the rings etc. but it ended in joy for her. But for some people this kind of thing will end in premium tears. No one knows tomorrow. Even Chioma of assurance fame is still baby mama dey live her life. Anyone that is advising you cannot predict what will happen. So the decision is left to you. Aunty you are an adult and I have no advice for you on this.

Maybe you can tie him down with belle undecided undecided undecided grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Njide Okonjo-Udochi Wins Physician Of The Year Award In Maryland, USA (Photos) by 12inchess: 3:45pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nigerians are so dumb. How is this a benefit to Nigerians? A Nigerian doctor that would have otherwise been practicing in Nigeria is winning and award in U.S and somehow this is supposed to be celebrated by Nigerians? Some people on this thread are also arguing whether she is Delta or Ibo...bla bla bla bla yet it's oyinbo people that are somehow reaping the benefits of her skills.

Now congrats to her but......shame on Nigeria.
Politics / Re: President Buhari Celebrates The Release Of the Abducted Students Of GGSS Jangebe by 12inchess: 12:40pm On Mar 02, 2021
I wonder how much they paid the terrorists aka bandits this time. They would use the money to restock up on weapons and ammunition for their next kidnapping expedition
Politics / Re: Anything But Cow Day: Afenifere, Adams, Igboho To Launch Campaign Against Beef by 12inchess: 2:17am On Mar 02, 2021
Cow meet doesn't even taste that good. Chicken, goat meat,and fish is wey better. There is even shrimps, crab etc. Abeg make SW boycott Cows for ever. My mum who is a farmer can even go into it and make money. How difficult is it to ranch animals.

1 Like

Politics / Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by 12inchess: 7:48am On Feb 28, 2021
That Emefiele is a crook. You see what we have been talking about. The crude oil is often priced in dollars right? So the Nigerian govts plan is to subsidize dangote's business. They will sell him crude oil at their pegged unrealistic 335 Naira exchange rate. Most of the refined product will now be sold for its real value at the international market in dollars and consequently also to Nigerians at its dollar equivalent. And that my friends is how they intend to siphon the crude oil wealth to one person ie Dangote
Business / Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by 12inchess: 12:48pm On Feb 25, 2021
bigtt76:
No lies in this and we all saw how its use fueled the endsars protest ...that was when I knew the CBN would definitely clamp down on it especially with 2023 elections around the corner. All those saying governments can shutdown cryptocurrencies now see clearly that without FIAT currency backing up cryptocurrencies, its as good as 'useless' in everyday use, but hey what do we know #WeMove!

You don't need Fiat currency to back up any means of exchange. What you need is demand. There was a time when cowries was used as a means of exchange. What Fiat currency was backing that? As long as the means of exchange has value to majority of people, then it's viable.

5 Likes 1 Share

Business / Re: Bitcoin Can Be Used For 'Illegal' Purposes - US Regulators by 12inchess: 12:44pm On Feb 25, 2021
But people don't use dollar for illegal purposes? The US dollar has been the defacto currency for illegal oil bunkering in Nigeria and international drug trade.

Currency is currency and any currency can be used for illegal transactions. All those points are just mute. It's all about control. The fear is that maybe one day the world would move away from petrodollar to petrobitcoin.

3 Likes

Politics / Re: Tinubu’s Fraud Cases Linger In Court Amidst 2023 Presidential Ambition by 12inchess: 5:49pm On Feb 24, 2021
Tinubu is a Jagaban and if he is crazy enough to vie for the President of the country, I'm sure he will win. But the country will be turned into his private cartel after that. Trust me!

No one in Nigeria can out-politics Tinubu. Even all their EFCC etc dogs will fail

1 Like

Music/Radio / Re: Spotify Set To Launch In Nigeria Very Soon by 12inchess: 2:46am On Feb 23, 2021
Nigerians won't pay shingbain to stream music. It had better be ad-supported. Even in America, I'm rocking audiomack and it's also fully ad-supported. But Spotify has a much larger catalog that includes Nigerian and foreign music. However, it comes at price that I'm not willing to pay. I also prefer the audiomack app to spotify because it's much simpler.However the audiomack app is less stable on my phone.But too much efizzy and serenren in that spotify app abeg. It's like they want to be telling me what to listen to ni sha. Naija music is very dynamic (hits come and go sharp sharp) and that spotify app cannot keep up Abeg.
Politics / Re: Ogun Residents Flee To Benin Republic Over Herdsmen Crisis by 12inchess: 1:59pm On Feb 20, 2021
I'm beginning to feel all these news some of them they are fake and pushing an agenda. Okay Fulani attacked your community in ogun state. You can't run to ibadan or lagos or even osun. Na Benin republic you run go. There is something fishy about this news.
Politics / Re: Oluwo Akanbi: Yorubas Will Lose More In War Against Fulanis by 12inchess: 10:23pm On Feb 19, 2021
Many of our obas in Yoruba land have gone mad. They are nothing but raving lunatics in royal robes. Only a mad king will say something like this.

3 Likes

Romance / Re: Have You Dated An Older Lady Before, How Was Your Experience? by 12inchess: 10:19pm On Feb 19, 2021
Age is a number jare. Rita Dominic is over a decade older than me but if she gree, I will take her as a 2nd wife angry angry

1 Like

Romance / Re: Is She Selfish Or I Am Overreacting by 12inchess: 10:16pm On Feb 19, 2021
Omo that ur girl stingy die. Ordinary toothpaste she can't share. She must be a younger sister to DJ Cuppy wey no gree pay Zlatan.

Brother you're on your own and do whatever you like but I no fit marry stingy person abeg.

2 Likes

Celebrities / Re: B-Red: 'I Spend #900k To Cut My Hair Every Year' (Video) by 12inchess: 5:36pm On Feb 16, 2021
tbtosine:

The guy might be right if he spend that amount of money 5times in a month. If he got the money to spend i see nothing wrong in doing that bro. Do you know sometimes peaople are actually ignorant of their daily expenses ? B red has just make me realise that i spend nothing less than 156000 naira on my head annually cos i cut my heir every week and i spend 300. By my calculation now i spend that amount on barbing heir and i still dey scot for my friend house. You see life ? If we calculate how much we spend on recharge card annually many of us we burst into tears cos the amount go fit build house for lekki. I rest my case.
15600 not 156,000 naira.
Celebrities / Re: Meet Segun Adebayo That Proposed To Toyin Lawani On Val's Day by 12inchess: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2021
WoundedLamb:

And the man won't be? You guys just open your mouth and start saying things you know nothing about.

First, they can't get married in the west until the man gets divorced by his wife. They can only cohabitate. If the wife of the man wants to take any action (like divorce filing and alimony), it's against the man and not the mistress. The western world is not as misogynistic as Africa.

A married woman sleeps with a lover, you all shout "fear women". Now, a married man is sleeping with a lover and you all are shouting "fear women". When do you ever fear men? Aren't ashamed of being illogical?

I just googled and though it's rarely done, there are 7 states in the U.S that allow you to sue the other person. So we should absolve this woman because of what? She knew he was still married. She even said when the wife was pregnant she was the one that encouraged him to go visit the wife that had just delivered. My point is that both of them are to be blamed for getting involved while he was still married but it seems like you're bent on only blaming the husband and exonerating the wife because she is currently single. Goodluck!

PS: Where did you see me type "fear women" And thinking about it, if the other woman can get sued in this case Toyin Lawani, wouldn't the original wife and most married women in general that face such issues benefit from this?
Celebrities / Re: Meet Segun Adebayo That Proposed To Toyin Lawani On Val's Day by 12inchess: 3:28pm On Feb 16, 2021
WoundedLamb:

Unfortunately, the man is the married one here. He is the one that promised someone eternity and he is the one that proposed to another woman. The lady (who isn't married anymore) isn't off the hook but a good deal of the response is on the person breaking marriage vows. I'm sure you'd have agreed with me if it was a married woman sleeping with a single guy.

Another lame argument. If Toyin Lawani were to do this in the west, she would be involved in the lawsuit as well if she got married to someone knowingly that was already married.
Celebrities / Re: Meet Segun Adebayo That Proposed To Toyin Lawani On Val's Day by 12inchess: 3:27pm On Feb 16, 2021
wany:

And any man that can also accept the fact that a woman can not be with one gbola alone will know peace and live long. undecided sad truth

I've seen women give this argument before but it's pretty lame. It's a woman that gets pregnant. Maybe if she can stick to birth control during her escapades. But as a man, I would refuse to cater for another man's child brought from outside by spouse. Before women could hide it. Now there is DNA test.

The other thing is that society frowns against this kind of behavior from women. It's considered as "ashy" behavior and many men won't like to stick with a woman that in your own words "takes gbola outside." However, it's different for women. Some are even willing to be a second and even third, fourth , fifth wife to one wealthy monarch or oba.

I'm just being real here.
Celebrities / Re: Meet Segun Adebayo That Proposed To Toyin Lawani On Val's Day by 12inchess: 3:20pm On Feb 16, 2021
Chii59:

Read to understand. I never stated that court marriage can keep anyone. It is a form of security. Some men shy away from court marriages because they know that they cant just up and leave anytime they want.

But can't women just up and leave whenever they want as well if there is no court marriage? Trust me, I understand the predicaments of many women "after one" and how society looks at that. But it appears that times are changing.

My point was just that it appears that the clamor for church marriage really doesn't have much to do with religion but the supposed security that women get from this. And rightly so. I feel everyone should feel secure in any union. It's harder for a woman to keep a man than for a man to keep a woman.

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: B-Red: 'I Spend #900k To Cut My Hair Every Year' (Video) by 12inchess: 3:09pm On Feb 16, 2021
And I do mine for free by cutting it by myself ever since I bought my own clipper.
Politics / Re: Okonjo-Iweala: I Was Surprised Trump Blocked My WTO Job by 12inchess: 1:14pm On Feb 16, 2021
LagosInter:
Madam that pic there is sub par. See where she placed her lappy.

The table is of low quality.

Again please, you are no longer the finance minister of Naija, kindly start wearing suits.

Thanks and congrats.
Because "suits" is what? Is it a suit that got her into that role? You typed good english but it appears like you're not very well educated. Shame on Lord Lugard. And more shame on you because you've chosen to not re-educate yourself

1 Like

Celebrities / Re: Meet Segun Adebayo That Proposed To Toyin Lawani On Val's Day by 12inchess: 1:05pm On Feb 16, 2021
Chii59:

They shy away from a lot of things.
Marriage
Responsibilities
Commitment
Divorce

The more reason women should insist on getting wedded at court. He wants to leave? Then let him give her a divorce notice.
Even court marriage won't keep your husband. Well it's some kind of security but the truth is that you can't keep anyone that doesn't want to be kept.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (of 39 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.